Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Arivia posted:

Got my fourth win :toot:

I have no idea why 25 people thought it was a good idea to watch me claw poo poo to death as a TrMo for an afternoon though. i'm not even any good!

Lol I was in there. Nerdwing in chat.

It was getting late here and storming so I just wanted to watch something before bed. Congratulations on the win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
sorry for making so many ghosts on the us east server

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I couldn't remember the server address so I googled crawl beartato.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Uh temples I don't think you're doing them right....

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I got that same vault awhile ago. Somehow the temple wasn't corrupted, so I guess there's just one regular vault that's a fuckload o' altars.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What's your favorite looking piece of equipment? I love the artifact leather armors.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I like when I get 1 or 2 matching colors.

Sometimes if I start as Gl and get an ugly helmet I will quit and restart

hmm yes
Dec 2, 2000
College Slice
Thanks for the extended advice, friends. I made it! This is my first 15 rune run ever, and I've been playing off and on ~10 years. Lots of 3-5 wins before but always too scared to push onwards. But with this character I tabbed through fights and dropped a devastation anytime I was surrounded, felt invicible. Saw very few cure mut, haste, and heal wounds potions. Miss those haste wands! I earned the large bone plates mutation early on and decided to build a shield+sword melee fighter, and reflection amulets helped a lot along the way. +9 GDA helps too. Early on I picked up an artifact amulet that gave random teleportation next to enemies but also gave Slay +6, and that's totally ok with Qazlal, and it carried me to extended. I had a lot of really high quality jewelry artifacts throughout the game and could swap on rcorr/relec as needed. Maxed long blades/fighting/armour/shields/invocations, then dumped exp enough to max evocations.

The Demonspawn mutations powered by death 3 and powered by pain 3 are /insane/. But horns are annoying!

pre:
17657253 Pie the Demonic Catastrophe (level 27, 174/174 HPs)
             Began as a Demonspawn Fighter on May 16, 2017.
             Was an Elder of Qazlal.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on May 20, 2017!

The game lasted 08:20:43 (88605 turns).

Pie the Demonic Catastrophe (Demonspawn Fighter)   Turns: 88605, Time: 08:20:43

Health: 174/174    AC: 42    Str: 17    XL:     27
Magic:  31/32      EV: 16    Int: 11    God:    Qazlal [****..]
Gold:   11651      SH: 39    Dex: 17    Spells: 0 memorised, 26 levels left

rFire  + + +      SeeInvis +    b - +9 double sword (elec)
rCold  + + +      Gourm    .    W - +9 armour of the Dragon King {rPois rF+ rC+ MR+}
rNeg   + + +      Faith    .    K - +2 shield of Resistance {rF+ rC+ MR+}
rPois  +          Spirit   .    (helmet unavailable)
rElec  .          Reflect  +    k - +2 cloak {+Inv}
rCorr  .          Harm     .    n - +2 pair of gloves
MR     +++++      Rnd*Rage +    E - +2 pair of boots {Fly}
Stlth  ..........               R - amulet "Ubafrul" {Reflect Str+2 Slay+5 SH+5 SInv}
                                L - ring of Autotheism {rF+ rN+ MR+++ Dex+2}
                                z - ring "Kowkeith" {rC+ rN+ Dex-3 Slay+2}

@: flying, studying Staves, repel missiles
A: horns 3, large bone plates 3, negative energy resistance 1, powered
    by death 3, powered by pain 3, black mark, 50% torment resistance,
    screaming 3, weak 2, subdued magic 1, MP-powered wands, berserk 1, 
    blurry vision 1, clumsy 2, deformed body, deterioration 2, frail 3, low mp 2
a: Upheaval, Elemental Force, Renounce Religion, Evoke Invisibility, Stop Flying
0: Orb of Zot
}: 15/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, slimy, silver, golden, iron, obsidian,
icy, bone, abyssal, demonic, glowing, magical, fiery, dark

You visited 18 branches of the dungeon, and saw 90 of its levels.
You visited Pandemonium 2 times, and saw 32 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 2 times.
You visited 1 bazaar.
You visited 2 ziggurats, and saw 24 of their levels (deepest: 12).
You also visited: Labyrinth and Trove.
RNG was good to me

hmm yes fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 21, 2017

gammafunk
Dec 19, 2015

Araganzar posted:

Uh temples I don't think you're doing them right....

I found out that, while that vault problem was fixed in 0.20 and just not backported to 0.19, a variant of that vault wasn't fixed, so you can still get that kind of error from the variant in 0.19 and 0.20. There are a couple small issues with both vaults so I'll push a fix for them soon and backport to 0.19 as well.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

gammafunk posted:

I found out that, while that vault problem was fixed in 0.20 and just not backported to 0.19, a variant of that vault wasn't fixed, so you can still get that kind of error from the variant in 0.19 and 0.20. There are a couple small issues with both vaults so I'll push a fix for them soon and backport to 0.19 as well.

Thanks gamma, fighting the good fight! Did you also fix the bug where I was allowed to splat at the Lair entrance?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

tweet my meat posted:

Any kind of fighter with decent aptitudes is a solid choice for a first win.

My first was with a Hill Orc Monk of Beogh which played largely the same as a fighter. Beogh is a god that only hill orcs can worship that is incredibly fun and quite powerful. It let's you essentially become the orc messiah, converting enemy orcs to your side that will level up and upgrade as they fight with you. You can even convert dangerous unique orcs with one of the higher level abilities. If you're looking for an interesting god to worship, the first orc priest you encouter will try to convert you to Beogh.

My first was also a HoMo

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Going crazy trying to get a deep elf fighter to survive until the lair

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Average Bear posted:

Going crazy trying to get a deep elf fighter to survive until the lair

You're playing like a minotaur. DE have -2 Armor, -2 Fighting, -20% HP. You attacked Sigmund, Olaf. There's no excuse for even opening Olaf's door as a DEFi wearing starter gear. You've chosen a challenge combo and you're not going to win most straight up fights you would win as a better race.

You have to use your consumables, evocables, whatever you can. You died to Ribbit with a 13 charge wand of confuse and 4 heal wounds. You died to a fire dragon attacking with a dagger of venom and wearing gourmand when you had a short short of elec, an ammy of rage, confuse at 14%, and brilliance.

You also made it to 5* with Oka and NEVER USED HEROISM. Not even once.

Don't go Oka if you aren't going to use Heroism and Finesse. You'll die as a GOOD race doing that. As a DE you should be using heroism quite frequently. Try Trog or Uska or Dith or Yred or Gozag, you're basically doing a godless conduct with a weak race right now.

You haven't had great drops in any of these games but you're not giving yourself much of a change to get them. I would play Gr or Vs if you want to play a low hp race and not have to pick your battles so much. You're not doing poorly otherwise you just need to suffer the early game and then remember to use Heroism.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Lol yeah it gets so monotonous at times I o-tab myself into all sorts of stupid situations and then I'm stuck against a tough enemy with like 15 health left. Gonna take a break so I can focus on a good run.

Drops really have been poo poo which is why I figured Oka could get me some good stuff before switching him out.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'll never forgive myself for loving up the run where I had rC+++, slay +3 helm and rF+++ armor.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Decrepus posted:

My first was also a HoMo

decrepus join my crawl team

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Had a pretty good run. Got through Lair and Orcs, but got got in ice caves in dungeon 14. rC+++ and ring of fire just couldn't save me when my best weapon was a +8 quickblade... of freezing. Similacaracaurms are hard.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
There's trunk and .20 links on the site right now. Is .20 officially out??

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Average Bear posted:

Lol yeah it gets so monotonous at times I o-tab myself into all sorts of stupid situations and then I'm stuck against a tough enemy with like 15 health left. Gonna take a break so I can focus on a good run.

Drops really have been poo poo which is why I figured Oka could get me some good stuff before switching him out.

I dunno if they ever changed the defaults, but do yourself a favor and set autofight_stop to, say, 60%. If something can get you to half health, it can kill you and that means it's time to stop hitting tab.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I dunno if they ever changed the defaults, but do yourself a favor and set autofight_stop to, say, 60%. If something can get you to half health, it can kill you and that means it's time to stop hitting tab.

Set it to 0 and worship Qazlal you cowards

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Autofight only helps if you use Tab. It won't stop you from right arrowing into a two headed ogre at XL 7.

Average Bear, your last game you got 6 SC, 4 Necro, 9 Charms, all to cast regen twice out of combat. When you died your dodging was 4, fighting 2.7, and short blades 6. Also still can't see you've used Heroism a single time. Using heroism before any tough fight is the simplest most basic advice for playing oka.

You're playing a poo poo melee race, barely training defenses, using the worst weapon class and not training it adequately, forgetting your main god power, and moving into fights instead of using tab. Stop complaining, (a) you're doing it to yourself and (b) you are flooding the CBRO server with delicious easy to kill ghosts so we all love you.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

tote up a bags posted:

Set it to 0 and worship Qazlal you cowards

It's a party at your location, and the entire level's invited! Qazlal is the best.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Araganzar posted:

Autofight only helps if you use Tab. It won't stop you from right arrowing into a two headed ogre at XL 7.

Average Bear, your last game you got 6 SC, 4 Necro, 9 Charms, all to cast regen twice out of combat. When you died your dodging was 4, fighting 2.7, and short blades 6. Also still can't see you've used Heroism a single time. Using heroism before any tough fight is the simplest most basic advice for playing oka.

You're playing a poo poo melee race, barely training defenses, using the worst weapon class and not training it adequately, forgetting your main god power, and moving into fights instead of using tab. Stop complaining, (a) you're doing it to yourself and (b) you are flooding the CBRO server with delicious easy to kill ghosts so we all love you.

Lmao nothing is more disheartening than seeing your own ghost on d2 and its yellow to you.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Is there an easy way to copy key bindings from trunk->0.20 (on berotato, if that matters)?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

If you want to play a fighty deep elf the secret is to play a DEEn and worship Kiku. All you have to do is survive to level 2 and you become a stabbing hexing machine with aptitudes that make other races look like trash, and then you pick up a pain quickblade and slaughter things. Just remember to always get Str on level ups because it's important for damage and your other stats take care of themselves. Trying to swing a sword with 6 str is an embarrassment.

Or keep smashing your head against the wall with DEFi.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Is there an easy way to copy key bindings from trunk->0.20 (on berotato, if that matters)?

Open your config files, Ctrl-A Ctrl-C Ctrl-V should do it.

gammafunk
Dec 19, 2015

Araganzar posted:

Thanks gamma, fighting the good fight! Did you also fix the bug where I was allowed to splat at the Lair entrance?

Yep, I fixed it by turning the TV into a gif, so all future players can learn from your mistake.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Darox posted:

Open your config files, Ctrl-A Ctrl-C Ctrl-V should do it.

I'm not seeing macros in there, just all the other settings.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Oh right macros. You should be able to see them in your .macro file, but I don't know if/how you can edit them directly on the online servers.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Darox posted:

Oh right macros. You should be able to see them in your .macro file, but I don't know if/how you can edit them directly on the online servers.

Well dang, oh well I only had like 3 rebinds.

In other news: My GrFi just found a +2 Large Shield on D3, to go with the +3 Whip and +1 Helmet from D1. Incoming hubris RIP.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Darox posted:

You can by hitting ~ and then m.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

You can by hitting ~ and then m.

Still not seeing an export function, no big deal though because I only had a few bindings (moving stuff over to the keys around the numpad).

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatsestretchgoals posted:

In other news: My GrFi just found a +2 Large Shield on D3, to go with the +3 Whip and +1 Helmet from D1. Incoming hubris RIP.

Prince Ribbit, Sigmund, and Grinder on D5, Prince Ribbit was the only one who made me break a sweat. Bring on the hubris splat.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Yaks hit hard when you have no GDR...

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/

Tourney page is up. Did you all form teams already? I need one.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Welcome, to team Crawl Is Too Easy. You MAY NOT join this team if you are good at Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup for the windows PC.

I also reserve the right to change the teamname at any time if I think of a funnier one / steal a better one from someone

code:
#TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats
1. Tote Up A Bags (Stoats)
2. SAJeffrey
3. ModestlyAwesome
4. Pinechild
5. LORDOFBUTT
6. rodrick

tote up a bags fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 23, 2017

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm pretty terrible, I can occasionally get a win but that's about it. I'll probably run nothing but gimmick combos despite my lack of skill at normal combos. Where do I sign up?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

tote up a bags posted:

Welcome, to team Crawl Is Too Easy. You MAY NOT join this team if you are good at Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup for the windows PC.

I also reserve the right to change the teamname at any time if I think of a funnier one / steal a better one from someone

code:
#TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats
2. SAJeffrey

I could get in on this.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I think I'm going to sit this tourney out. Just not been feeling it lately. Good luck to the rest of y'all though.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

tote up a bags posted:

code:
#TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats
2. SAJeffrey
3. ModestlyAwesome

Im bad. Can I join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I fell through a shaft online and it crashed the game and I can't even log back into the game to control q out of it because it just tries to load and then boots me back to the online main page and I can't report the bug on the bug tracker because it says "access denied." I guess you can say I have been shafted.

• Locked thread