Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

Got banned from the taco bell bathroom but does that mean that I can still come in and order from the mainpart?

there was an unforaunte event where some people were selling drugs in the bathroom there and somehow my name got roped into it even though I had stopped like three weeks before the others got busted and I was then informed that I was no longer allowed to use that restroom for any purposes by the manager and the police sargeant signed it because of strong circumstantial information that I was involved in what was happening there. either way though it's fine by me because i want nothing to do with taht bathroom anyway there are lots of really dangerous people hanng out in there usually but i still want to use the restraunt part of it because i'm on a very tight budget and that place is perfect for keeping within it whilke still eating healthy, anyone know what i'm probably looking at as far as my status as a customer thhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

whilke still eating healthy
The most unbelievable part of that entire post.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

putrid aidsman posted:

Got banned from the taco bell bathroom

That guy must have the most incredible shits.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [25 M] with my GF [28 F]: Girlfriend is using my cancer for personal gain and I'm furious

quote:

Reddit, my girlfriend is exploiting my cancer for personal gain and I'm so angry but have no idea what to do.

A little while ago I was diagnosed with Stage 1 cancer which is terrifying, but I was given a rosy outcome by the doctor.

Most of it was removed via surgery, but I am doing a round of chemo just to be safe and reduce the chance of it coming back. Even though the outcome was as good as it could possibly be, this whole thing has completely shaken me. It really flipped me on my head to realize that I could die at any moment, and it seems to have created a shift in my entire thinking. As a result, I'm in a really bad place right now, so I don't know if my rage that this post is regarding is consistent with my normal behavior.

My girlfriend has been super supportive through this whole thing, which is why it's so shocking that she would even CONSIDER doing something like this. For some background, my girlfriend is kind of an enormous Game of Thrones fans.

She has read all of the Game of Thrones books multiple times and went to events and stuff, and she is constantly on forums on reddit and other sites talking about it. This doesn't bother me at all — I have my own obsessions. I have, in the past, asked her if she wanted me to watch the series or read the books and she said I didn't have to. Which is good, because I've never really been into fantasy.

Anyways.

A couple of hours ago I reach for her laptop to print something out and I open Microsoft Word and see that she is currently drafting a letter to George Martin (the writer of Game of Thrones). It starts off as a normal cutesy fan mail but then in the second paragraph it goes on to state that her boyfriend is his biggest fan and has been given 6-8 months to live by his doctor, and that it would "make his life complete" (actual words) to be able to read the next book before I die. She essentially asks if theres any chance he can finish it in time so that her boyfriend can enjoy it before his passing. And she uses my actual name in there. I AM loving LIVID. I don't get how she could use me in this way, or even joke about my death. She could have easily just put her own name in there instead. I guess she didn't think I would mind because she made no effort to hide it or anything, but I just can't loving believe she would be so oblivious to something like this. I deleted the letter in a rage and now I'm actually up and pacing around trying to think what to do. She gets home in 4 hours.

Reddit, is this grounds for breaking up? What do I do?

tl;dr: Girlfriend exaggerated my cancer diagnosis for her own personal gain, and now I'm so angry and hurt I can't see straight.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

Me [25 M] with my GF [28 F]: Girlfriend is using my cancer for personal gain and I'm furious

hahaha

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Hell, it might just make him write something. I say let her do it

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Alopecia boyfriend is a a moron and an rear end in a top hat besides. Most people would probably be happy to be dating a 10/10 even if she only looked that way made up. She probably puts 10x as much effort into her appearance as he does.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Edit the letter so that instead of asking him to finish game of thrones, she's telling him all about garlic bread

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
That'd be more likely to get a non-form-letter response, honestly. People going "my loved one is slowly dying and you giving us free stuff would make their day" are a dime a dozen. But garlic bread? Well, you don't read about that every day!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Garlic Bread.

Great for meals

Great for resumes.

Great for fan letters.

Garlic Bread. what's stopping you?

paid for by the American council for garlic bread

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
GRRM would LOVE for you to send him fanmail describing food in great detail! He might even use your descriptions in his books!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Haifisch posted:

My [55F] daughter [17F] backed out of a family trip to be with her boyfriend [18M]

Gee I wonder why the daughter isn't too invested in the family trip.

I wonder if Parents of the Year even consulted their daughter about the trip before they decided that it was happening. I have a feeling they didn't.

Also what kid wants to go spend a whole weekend with just their parents? I stopped going on family trips when I was 14 and it ruled.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
My [23F] husband [30M] insists on using separate coasters in the living room, is he being unreasonable?

We moved into a new house a few weeks ago, and just bought a pack of coasters this morning. There are four coasters in the pack, each one has a different design. Two are going in the bedroom and two in the living room. We picked out which ones we wanted on our tables in the bedroom, and then he asked me which one I wanted to be mine in the living room. I assumed that we would just share the two coasters in the living room, but he said he wants us to have separate coasters. I thought it was stupid for him to refuse to share the coasters, I don't understand why we can't just use whichever coaster we are closest to.

TL;DR: My husband wants us to use separate coasters in the living room.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fruit on the bottom posted:

My [23F] husband [30M] insists on using separate coasters in the living room, is he being unreasonable?

We moved into a new house a few weeks ago, and just bought a pack of coasters this morning. There are four coasters in the pack, each one has a different design. Two are going in the bedroom and two in the living room. We picked out which ones we wanted on our tables in the bedroom, and then he asked me which one I wanted to be mine in the living room. I assumed that we would just share the two coasters in the living room, but he said he wants us to have separate coasters. I thought it was stupid for him to refuse to share the coasters, I don't understand why we can't just use whichever coaster we are closest to.

:sever:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yo, gently caress this motherfucker. Hope there wasn't a prenup.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lmao the husband's in the comments offering a rebuttal

quote:

The husband... or this is hell of a coincidence. We've spoken about it since, but for reddits benefit, the table in the living room is on one side of the sofa and she sits on that side usually meaning the drinks need to be in certain spots so she can hand my drink to me without knocking hers over, or me getting up, walking in front of her and blocking the tv while I get the drink.

I wanted to know which design she wanted as "her coaster" because I was just putting them on the table and wanted them in the right place... sounds petty maybe because I could move them later, but that's why.

I hope they keep bringing every issue in their lives of this gravity to the court of Reddit, indefinitely. it's nearly as good as the kneeslappers they're already putting up

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 21, 2017

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I wonder if there are gay incels because I feel like that clashes with their whole worldview

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
There 100% is, they just don't post about it much on the internet because it's full of the popular gays they hate

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Thumbtacks posted:

I wonder if there are gay incels because I feel like that clashes with their whole worldview

It would be insanely hard to be involuntarily celibate as a gay guy unless you literally never ever tried

If you got a hole, there are a lot of guys out there who will put their dicks in it, even if you are a huge loving dork

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

Alopecia boyfriend is a a moron and an rear end in a top hat besides. Most people would probably be happy to be dating a 10/10 even if she only looked that way made up. She probably puts 10x as much effort into her appearance as he does.

There is no 10/10 who is not dressed up and styled, at least not for the people who would use the term 10/10. Though I guess not all of them realize that.

Here's the heartwarming version of alopecia girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOS3qL3Wadw

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

pidan posted:

Here's the heartwarming version of alopecia girl:

If you value whatever shreds of innocence you still retain do not read the comments.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Breetai posted:

If you value whatever shreds of innocence you still retain do not read the comments.

Such a horrible woman. at the end of the blind date, she refused to see him again because he was " too nice " and because as she say in this part of the video " he's not tall enough and doesn't have enough hair ". 

Lol if true

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The guy has a reverse Hitler.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My mother [46F] is throwing a fit because I [20M] bought my sister [14F] a bras and underwear on Amazon

quote:

So, a little context is important here. My mother has racked up some legal debt from a nasty divorce. Like, 200K and counting in three years. Right after the divorce, she got a 2 year lease on a house for herself, my sister, and I in a nice school district.

Then she met her boyfriend. To pay off her debt, she does 6 shifts a week at an major hospital (Labor and Delivery nurse). And she spends lots of time with BF but not sis and I. So for the past two years she's basically paid for me to raise my sister. I take her to school, cook, manage the "family" house, food shop (she gives me the money), etc. She comes home every 4-10 days to check on us. Maybe a call or text inbetween.

Well I just graduated a few days ago, and I finally had a free evening so I asked my sis if she wanted to grab some italian food at a local place.

She said "I cant, my bra's in the laundry!".

I was like, "Just wear another one! I'm hungry, stop playing dress up and get ready!"

She was like "No, it's my ONLY bra."

"What?"

"Mom won't take me shopping and none of my old ones fit. Well, that one is tight too but at least it closes in the back."

It took me a moment to get past the bizarre nature our conversation had taken.

"Uh, why not just order something on amazon?" (Our closest mall is a ways away)

"Mom won't order online either!"

"Then I'll order it. I'll leave amazon open, order what you want but not more than $100 ok? "

"Thanks bro!"

Well two days passed and I didn't think anything of it. I only use amazon for schoolbooks and games and I didn't bother to check what my sister ordered beyond seeing the receipt in my inbox.

I came home from work today to find my mom standing in the kitchen holding a torn open Amazon bag and two lace panties/bra sets.

"What the gently caress is this?"

I told her.

I should have lied and said the were my GF's. I ain't got one but hey, she doesn't know that.

She proceeded to yell and scream at me for a good hour till she left for work. Pervert. Pedophile. Incestous Lecher. God will throw me in hell etc...

I tried to explain to her what happened, she got angry. She swears I'm accusing her of neglecting her daughter and trying to usurp her role as a parent. She's not even mad at what my sister bought...just that I paid for them.

Just a few minutes ago she called on her break about how she talked to her co worker and now she knows the FBI will track my computer and she doesn't want it in her house now.

I'm at my wits end. I don't know why this is such a big deal for her. I don't know what to say to assure her that nothing weird is happening at home.

tl;dr: I bought my sister underclothes. My mom opened my package and is losing her poo poo over it. Was I wrong and how can I calm her melodramatic tirades down?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blue Train posted:

Such a horrible woman. at the end of the blind date, she refused to see him again because he was " too nice " and because as she say in this part of the video " he's not tall enough and doesn't have enough hair ". 

Lol if true

She was making a joke about how she'd like someone similar to her dad (who was really caring and helped her out with her alopecia), but with more hair to "give their kids a chance".

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

She was making a joke about how she'd like someone similar to her dad (who was really caring and helped her out with her alopecia), but with more hair to "give their kids a chance".

Boo, not funny

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

this is the most perfect post ever btw

My (23F) younger sister (17F) doesn’t want to go to college and insists she’s going to be a social media influencer instead.

quote:

My sister is finishing up her junior year of high school, and recently our parents (57M + 55F) have begun talking to her about applying to college. According to our parents, she is extremely resistant to these conversations and gives one-word replies the whole way through until she can leave or change the subject. Our parents finally outright confronted her about her plans once she finishes high school, and she told them indignantly that she doesn’t need to go to college because she’s going to be a social media influencer making money from Instagram, Youtube, and Snapchat.

My parents have serious issues with my sister’s decision, and I have to say I agree with them. It would be one thing if my sister didn’t have the grades to get into college as-is, and was planning on taking community college courses to build up her transcript. But my sister has excellent grades and extracurriculars. She could definitely get into great schools that would offer her a lot of opportunities. I would also understand taking a few years off before college or skipping it altogether to pursue steady work that doesn’t require a degree, but my sister won’t be doing that either. She refuses to even consider CC courses or a job because she says they’ll take away time she could use to “promote her brand.” Right now she has a couple thousand followers on Instagram and a few hundred on Youtube—nowhere near enough yet to support herself with money from ads/sponsorship deals.

My parents are at the end of their rope with my sister. Since finding out about her plans, they’ve tried several times to convince her otherwise, but it always ends in either her ignoring them or getting into a bitter argument. I live in the same city as my family and visit them frequently, and now my parents want me to talk to my sister the next time I'm there. I have a good relationship with my sister, but she's never really thought of me as an authority figure, and we have totally different personalities and goals. I fear that whatever I say to her will have even less weight than what my parents say. How do I approach this issue without causing her to immediately shut down?
I guess this is how kids dream of dropping out now that Barnum and Bailey's closed?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

To be fair to social influencer girl, its a full time job and takes years to get off the ground unless you have the cash to buy your initial audience. That said community college does not take nearly enough time to prevent this dream and college age is when you make your big social cultural events the audience relates to so its sort of liking saying youre not going to college because your going straight the pros but you dont even have college talent scouts sniffin.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My mother [46F] is throwing a fit because I [20M] bought my sister [14F] a bras and underwear on Amazon

$200K in divorce debt is probably an exaggeration, but if the marital estate didn't pay for it, that means it was all spent on her winning custody of the kids.

She's probably just stressed and ashamed, and at first was worried about whats going on when she can't be there, and later that her son has to raise her daughter.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Sounds like there is a healthy dose of Jesus shame involved as well.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Older sibling is the best parent once again. The mom is obviously in the wrong, but it would be funny if the sister ordered herself some really slutty, trashy lingerie and left him holding the bag on that.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

blarzgh posted:

$200K in divorce debt is probably an exaggeration, but if the marital estate didn't pay for it, that means it was all spent on her winning custody of the kids.

She's probably just stressed and ashamed, and at first was worried about whats going on when she can't be there, and later that her son has to raise her daughter.

Could have been defrauding the martial estate!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My (25F) husband (29M) wants to get rid of our dog and it's making me hate him

quote:

My husband and I have been married almost a year and a half. A series of events led to us having a dog, Jessie, pulled from animal control by a rescue on the basis that we would foster her. This was about two months ago. It was a "foster to adopt" type of plan, and we agreed that if she didn't get along with Maggie (our current dog) or if she was aggressive, etc. we would try to get her adopted ASAP. Turns out Jessie and Maggie hit it off and became best friends, and I took an extreme liking to Jessie. So we told the rescue not to post photos of her for adoption so we could continue to feel her out in our home.

Well, weeks turn into months and before I know it I am in love with this dog...our bond is very strong. My husband and I disagree on a lot of training/behavioral stuff and he is an intimidating presence, which led to Jessie being quite timid around him, especially if I am not around. We recently moved and she has been having issues peeing in the house and she's pretty afraid of my husband, won't go up to him on her own, gets low to the ground if he approaches her, etc. We never did have the rescue post photos of her and I firmly want to adopt her ourselves. He has expressed a couple of times that he thinks we shouldn't keep her, but it has always been after she does something that upsets him and I chocked it up to being an emotional response that he would get over. He really hasn't bonded with Jessie, though, and hasn't made much of an effort to.

Thursday night my husband texted me while I was asleep saying Jessie peed in the house (for the second time that week) and that if it happens again "she's gone". I ignored it, realizing that he was probably very upset after having to clean up the mess and being frustrated with her. The next day I get another text from my husband while I was at work saying she peed again and he was contacting the rescue and telling them to post photos of her and put her up for adoption. This completely set me off. I could not even focus at work, I eventually had to leave the office to sob and put myself back together. We have already discussed that this was thoughtless of him to text me during the work day about this issue.

I freaked out on him and later apologized and basically begged him to let me keep Jessie and train her not to go to the bathroom in the house. I give us both time to cool down and then I make my case to him, and all he says is that he is sorry and he knows this will be hard on me. Well I went absolutely batshit. I know it's kind of crazy but I legitimately feel like someone is taking a family member away from me. He keeps saying "it's just a dog" and that I am letting Jessie get in the way of our marriage and I am putting her before him...but I just can't believe that I literally have no say in this. He has made this decision all on his own with no regard for how connected I am to the dog. And I blame him for not being able to connect with her himself, because of the way he has treated her. She is a sensitive dog and I have told him that he needs to treat her as such, but of course he doesn't listen to me. In my eyes he is reaping what he sowed with Jessie.

I don't even know what I am asking for here on r/relationships. I guess, am I crazy? Am I crazy to be so upset about this? I feel like I am married to a jerk. I also feel like I am spiraling completely, the emotions I am feeling over this are so heavy and I can't really place them. I think my reactions are very extreme, and that maybe I have a little too much attachment with this dog. I see no way to keep the dog and have our marriage be healthy (we already have a lion share of marital problems) but I also feel that if we give the dog up, I don't know when or how I will be able to forgive my husband.

Tldr; we agreed to foster a dog as a trial to adopt, I love the dog very much but husband doesn't want to keep her. I am feeling hatred and resentment toward him for not considering how I feel about this and for not bonding with the dog himself.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Husband needs to sever immediately

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If animals are scared of your spouse then get a clue

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

My husband and I disagree on a lot of training/behavioral stuff and he is an intimidating presence, which led to Jessie being quite timid around him, especially if I am not around. We recently moved and she has been having issues peeing in the house and she's pretty afraid of my husband, won't go up to him on her own, gets low to the ground if he approaches her, etc.

How likely is it for a dog to do this to only one person if that person ins't abusing it? How can you have enough of an "intimidating presence" to terrify your own pet just walking around the house?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
"what are you, some kinda NERD?"

My (26F) partner (27f) keeps calling me a buzzkill for taking our son to bed on time

quote:

My partner and I adopted our son, Troy. Troy is 3 years old and he's been with us about a month now. My partner really likes combat sports like UFC and WWE. WWE is more a TV show I think. I don't know what you classify it as.

Anyway Troy likes wwe. About an hour ago he was falling asleep so I took him to bed. They were watching a WWE ppv. Takeover Chicago. I told him he can watch it in the morning. He was falling asleep and struggling to keep his eyes open. He fell asleep while I was carrying him before we made it to his room.

She keeps calling me a buzzkill for taking him to bed on time. I'm so over it.

tl;dr: partner keeps calling me a buzzkill.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The dog is a rescue and she says in the comments he doesn't yell at or abuse it

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Huh, I wonder why the dog peed in the house while its alone with a person who hates it and who's very presence it fears.

But being kept in that kind of environment isn't great for the dog anyway, chances are it would do better in another home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Could have been defrauding the martial estate!

And she still ends up with primary?