Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It says here you posted this at 4:19PM

Have you considered going to bed?

That's not the time where I'm at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That's not the time where I'm at

It was 4:19 here, which leads me to believe it's EVEN LATER elsewhere in the world. It's unequivocally bed time.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It was 4:19 here, which leads me to believe it's EVEN LATER elsewhere in the world. It's unequivocally bed time.

Well poo poo, you caught me red-handed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Alder posted:

We can compromise and say the MC does not have to date all the female SL and they should be platonic like Sae. So that'd make 3/9 undateable which is fair because I can't date boys either. I suggest we cut out Ohya, Fortuneteller, and whoever the last person who ranked lowest in the poll.

There have been female S. Links you couldn't date in previous Persona games. This one's just weird in that it's the first time you actually can date the older women. I wouldn't be too surprised if that doesn't happen again anyway.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Well poo poo, you caught me bed-handed
fixed

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Harrow posted:

There have been female S. Links you couldn't date in previous Persona games. This one's just weird in that it's the first time you actually can date the older women. I wouldn't be too surprised if that doesn't happen again anyway.

if they take away the older ladies in p6 im gonna loving RIOT

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Man, I sure am glad I caught that Doraemon movie since it was apparently the last piece of knowledge in the world I needed to have ALL the knowledge. Not quite as good as becoming debonair by stuffing a giant burger down my throat, but still pretty funny.

At this point, all I need is Guts but I've already started dating the plague doctor. Guess I finally have an excuse to try the batting cages.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 21, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the only dating options in p6 are women in their 40's and other boys your age, the new director really turned this ship around

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Your persona has gotta be real good

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Always let me date my teacher

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh yeah, also can you invite male non-classmate social links places too once you max them? I want to visit Disney Land with Bernie Sun-ders.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if he were bed handed, he wouldn't have to go to bed, he would be in bed and the contract would be sealed

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Persona 6 needs alternate lines for people you link with.

Something a friend of mine pointed out is that the characters in the game can't really evolve through it anymore. Persona 3 has characters grow a whole lot throughout the game, which leads to their personas ascending once they reach the point where they are able to overcome their struggles. Akihiko has that moment at Shinji's memorial and obtains Caesar. Akihiko is never written the same past that point, he's totally different and more mature. Then Ken is confronted by Akihiko in that alley after he runs away, and their discussion allows Ken to deal with what happened and move forward without looking back. Time after time, the characters overcome what's been holding them back, their personas ascend, and their characters are never written the same again. It's real good.

Persona 4 and Persona 5 have these issues dealt with in their Social Links, which are optional. So the plot isn't really allowed to take that growth into account because the player may not have even done it. It'd be nice if they had some alternate lines (or even little extra scenes and conversations) that play out in the main story if you've done it. Weave that poo poo back into the narrative. You can do it with NPCs too, at least the ones that cross your path naturally (like your homeroom teacher). It'd be very cool.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Moltrey posted:

the only dating options in p6 are women in their 40's and other boys your age, the new director really turned this ship around

"Do you like older women?"
(I should choose my words carefully.)
"Sorry. I'm gay,"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 1

done

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got to the school trip and I didn't date who. I wanted (temperance duh)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

many johnnys posted:

I would like this but I imagine it'd add a ton of work on Atlus and will never happen along with FeMC unless they build it from the ground up.

DalaranJ posted:

"Do you like older women?"
(I should choose my words carefully.)
"Sorry. I'm gay,"

:same:

Except for every convo regardless of who is asking me and why.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

many johnnys posted:

Something a friend of mine pointed out is that the characters in the game can't really evolve through it anymore. Persona 3 has characters grow a whole lot throughout the game, which leads to their personas ascending once they reach the point where they are able to overcome their struggles. Akihiko has that moment at Shinji's memorial and obtains Caesar. Akihiko is never written the same past that point, he's totally different and more mature. Then Ken is confronted by Akihiko in that alley after he runs away, and their discussion allows Ken to deal with what happened and move forward without looking back. Time after time, the characters overcome what's been holding them back, their personas ascend, and their characters are never written the same again. It's real good.

Persona 4 and Persona 5 have these issues dealt with in their Social Links, which are optional. So the plot isn't really allowed to take that growth into account because the player may not have even done it. It'd be nice if they had some alternate lines (or even little extra scenes and conversations) that play out in the main story if you've done it. Weave that poo poo back into the narrative. You can do it with NPCs too, at least the ones that cross your path naturally (like your homeroom teacher). It'd be very cool.

Honestly, Persona 5 has way less emphasis on putting all the party's development in their confidant's for the most part. Like, Ryuji and Makoto get just about as much development if not more in the main story than in their links, and the other characters still get a couple of scenes of focus as well. It can still be done better, sure. But I think P5 was a step in the right direction.

They should definitely do it with the npcs though, because the confidant story disconnect with Mishima is huge and really makes him sorta a bad character.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They should definitely do it with the npcs though, because the confidant story disconnect with Mishima is huge and really makes him sorta a bad character.

Mishima is bad regardless if we added more SL events. Floral pants man is the hero we deserve.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Honestly, Persona 5 has way less emphasis on putting all the party's development in their confidant's for the most part. Like, Ryuji and Makoto get just about as much development if not more in the main story than in their links, and the other characters still get a couple of scenes of focus as well. It can still be done better, sure. But I think P5 was a step in the right direction.

Ryuji's post-Palace 7 scene was amazing because he went from a cowed and crippled ex-track star to a guy who sprints up a near-vertical incline in the name of friendship.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Alder posted:

I would like this but I imagine it'd add a ton of work

I dunno, Tales of Xillia 2 managed it just fine and that game was pretty lazy about everything

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Maybe managed that because they half-assed everything else.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Actually characters in P5 do get development in the plot, as a team.

They learn from their mistakes and give back better than they take.

Ryuji gets plenty.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Ryuji wears a name tag that reads "HELLO MY NAME IS we are the Phantom Thieves"

Edit: not that this argues with your point I just remembered it and lold

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

many johnnys posted:

Ryuji wears a name tag that reads "HELLO MY NAME IS we are the Phantom Thieves"

Edit: not that this argues with your point I just remembered it and lold

I'll say. In a sense, it's mainly because Ryuji really doesn't hide anything. His emotions, what he feels and what he's thinking is super obviously written on his face.

And of course, he's loud.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
October/November Palace 6 Mechanics Question:

I just finished the school festival and Akechi is joining the squad. I assume this is the one that catches up to the interrogation. Should I wait until last day possible to do this one or am I okay to blast it out of the way early?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

October/November Palace 6 Mechanics Question:

I just finished the school festival and Akechi is joining the squad. I assume this is the one that catches up to the interrogation. Should I wait until last day possible to do this one or am I okay to blast it out of the way early?

You won't have a choice with this one. The plot railroads you into taking the Treasure on the last day possible.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
What's the name of the song that starts when you enter the palace after give the calling card and it opens with the heartbeat?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Life Will Change.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Thanks! Holy crap that was actually English? I thought I'd was just meaningless Engrish lol.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
All the tracks are like that. I appreciated the battle theme a lot more when I looked up the lyrics and realized that every single line is about beating the poo poo out of your enemy so hard that they'll never see it com-IIIINNNNN~

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I wish I was "spiked suit of armor riding a ghost pope motorcycle" cool

goddamn

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Capsaicin posted:

I wish I was "spiked suit of armor riding a ghost pope motorcycle" cool

goddamn

Yep. She's my favorite of the character designs because nobody else just runs over the baddies. Bike Waifu for life.

And the teacher
and the doctor
my MC is a bit of a slut

Edit: Why can't I get an adorable little Jack Frost for my desk at work that comes at an affordable price?

Len fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 22, 2017

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I have her at 9 right now and I don't want to move her to 10 cause there is literally nothing cooler than a GHOST POPE MOTORCYCLE

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Capsaicin posted:

I have her at 9 right now and I don't want to move her to 10 cause there is literally nothing cooler than a GHOST POPE MOTORCYCLE

The next level is a motorcycle transformer. It doesn't ever go back to motorcycle but it looks swanky. It does however lose the Ghost Pope aspect.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Len posted:

Edit: Why can't I get an adorable little Jack Frost for my desk at work that comes at an affordable price?
You can get a Jack Frost lil nendoroid figure for like $40 - 50 on amiami....I did....it's poseable and v. cute

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Moltrey posted:

You can get a Jack Frost lil nendoroid figure for like $40 - 50 on amiami....I did....it's poseable and v. cute

That's not my idea of affordable sadly. I'm thinking like...Funko Pop price.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

SpazmasterX posted:

To which you can reply, "Hell yeah I am."

There's another response option?

slev posted:

Always let me date my teacher

post/av combo is :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
ahhhhhh everybody's background color on the text screen is what their element is. :allears: