Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

It has none of the quirky fun stuff at all and every single thing is a handicap against you.

fadam posted:

Aren't there multiverses where like orange lanterns shoot cash at you and you can call in characters as assists? I only played it a few times but it seemed pretty wacky.

Yeah, I've had multiverses that included Captain Cold and Robin team up assists as their gimmick, so there are positive modifiers as well out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Any one of y'all named CyberCooties on xb1? Just denied entry to the guild, but feel free to inform me and try again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Yeah, I've had multiverses that included Captain Cold and Robin team up assists as their gimmick, so there are positive modifiers as well out there.

It's not the same as the silly minigames they used to have though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

star labs had a lot of wasteful minigame-level poo poo and only like half of them were interesting, so I'd rather have the long tail of constantly changing worlds than that. I came here to punchrush poo poo with Satan Lantern not dodge flashlight beams with Selina's cat

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

So does competitive mode include no abilities? Like Robin's staff? I wanted to watch Robin's AI for a bit before I played him and it looks really cool and flashy. I will be very sad if I never get to see someone win a tournament with a staff Robin.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should also note that Captain Cold's gun is non lethal unless he wants it to be. When he originally made the gun it's purpose was to slow the flash and hold people in temporary suspended animation. The ice was an unintended side effect. As a result it is actually harmless freezing.

Cold also interestingly enough is probably the most powerful Ice villain as his gun can manipulate absolute zero. The temperature were molecules stop moving. He can also create invisible wide beams with his gun that auto freeze anything that touches them. And normally has a field of it around himself when he gets into a fight. The cold field and wide beam does not have quite the same effect on Flash but it does slow him down. Which Cold gives as the reason why he can tag him reliably.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

So does competitive mode include no abilities? Like Robin's staff? I wanted to watch Robin's AI for a bit before I played him and it looks really cool and flashy. I will be very sad if I never get to see someone win a tournament with a staff Robin.

Yep, no new moves at all.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Shucks. Though it's obviously better for the game this way. Maybe some YouTuber will like goofing off with him enough that they'll get good at stancedancing with him in other game modes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I didn't like the minigames in STAR Labs but I did like the challenges like finding an XX% combo or doing successful parries, that stuff helped me practice

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Neat

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

woot woot, when more news about those three?

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I've been waiting to play Starfire in a fighting game for the better part of a decade now. Are they all coming out at once, or are they releasing them incrementally?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Should also note that Captain Cold's gun is non lethal unless he wants it to be. When he originally made the gun it's purpose was to slow the flash and hold people in temporary suspended animation. The ice was an unintended side effect. As a result it is actually harmless freezing.

Cold also interestingly enough is probably the most powerful Ice villain as his gun can manipulate absolute zero. The temperature were molecules stop moving. He can also create invisible wide beams with his gun that auto freeze anything that touches them. And normally has a field of it around himself when he gets into a fight. The cold field and wide beam does not have quite the same effect on Flash but it does slow him down. Which Cold gives as the reason why he can tag him reliably.

Why don't they, you know, take away his gun?

Does he just keep making new ones?

Why doesn't anyone use his gun against him and put him in a harmless icecube and lock it in isolated cold storage?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Crowetron posted:

I got the Power of Zoom modifier while fighting the Flash and I'm not sure what happened but I'm pretty sure I lost.

Yeah I see "Power of Zoom" and then I just quit haha!

Dan Didio posted:

Meter burn, you need a full bar of heat vision charge to do it, but I don't think it costs any actual meter.

Danke Schön!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Why doesn't anyone use his gun against him and put him in a harmless icecube and lock it in isolated cold storage?

Comics are cool but they don't make sense if you think about them.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AndyElusive posted:

Yep

Kurtofan posted:

woot woot, when more news about those three?

Beefstew posted:

I've been waiting to play Starfire in a fighting game for the better part of a decade now. Are they all coming out at once, or are they releasing them incrementally?

No real news beyond the surprise RH screenshot the game's FB slipped on Saturday. And they said the character would have a staggered release.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

big cummers ONLY posted:

I think staff is just all the stuff Nightwing had in Injustice 1. You can look up vids of that if you'd like.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

I lost quite a few matches in ranked against Deadshot when I was trying to use WW's shield walking thing - it didn't work. So no gear or abilites don't apply . (at least to Ranked).

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm just really enjoying seeing all the variations on gear/shaders.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ugh I am having a major character crisis. I love Grodd but he has awful, awful 8-2 matchups against deadshot and aquaman. Normally I would just fall back on supes but due to a few of his changes the old joke in injustice 1 of "f23man" has become more of reality and its effectively the only thing he uses unless he has you cornered and its not the most stimulating playstyle.

Black adam is good, strong, and easy but ehhhhhh. I'd play swamp thing if he didn't have annoying 1 frame links, Supergirl is fun but she has the lowest damage output in the game. Man when's Sub-zero already.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Ugh I am having a major character crisis. I love Grodd but he has awful, awful 8-2 matchups against deadshot and aquaman. Normally I would just fall back on supes but due to a few of his changes the old joke in injustice 1 of "f23man" has become more of reality and its effectively the only thing he uses unless he has you cornered and its not the most stimulating playstyle.

Black adam is good, strong, and easy but ehhhhhh. I'd play swamp thing if he didn't have annoying 1 frame links, Supergirl is fun but she has the lowest damage output in the game. Man when's Sub-zero already.

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed Harley.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
They really took a loving crowbar to Wonder Woman in this game. As someone who mained her in Gods Among Us, loving hell.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what are credits used for?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yes and it's super disappointing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Evil Canadian posted:

It's a NRS game, wait a month and it'll be... well, probably not fixed, but definitely altered.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Two spots open in the original, often imitated, never duplicated, Goon Squad. Send applications, make sure they reference SA in some way please, or your application will be ignored, that was just too painful the first time. Guild info is in the OP!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
your application will be fastracked if there are stairs in your house

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Evil Canadian posted:

Swamp thing doesn't really have 1-frame links, if you're thinking of the db3 into 11 vine grab link? You can start the 11 a lot sooner than you think you can.

Punting logs at people will never not be great.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

what are credits used for?

Buying motherboxes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

They really took a loving crowbar to Wonder Woman in this game. As someone who mained her in Gods Among Us, loving hell.

the cpu Wonder Women sure are good though. I kind of like her new combos and speed now

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AI Wonder Woman just fuckin' loves that lasso move to punish anything.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is Goon Patrol still doing anything? Last I checked it was the one that had open recruitment and nobody sure who was actually from SA. I'm wondering if I should swap to another more active PS4 goon guild.

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
Does anyone know if you can get premier skins from mother boxes, or is it pretty much just a points only purchase?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Points only.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DLC Inc posted:

the mechanics are "netherrealm studious fighting game" but it has a lot of differences, mainly this being 3-button instead of 4 button (with the 4th being used only for character abilities) air and roll evasion poo poo that's new, super move over x-ray/fatality, and the whole gear system. You have the stock single player arcade and versus modes but also have the story mode, the Multiverse which is like Towers but with more progression and levels to each "world" along with much more prerequisites/anomalies/factors, and the dress-up dollmaker bullshit.

Every character gets stats for HP/attack/ability/defense and has 5 gear slots / 2 ability variants to their loadouts, you get loot boxes constantly full of items and can do stuff like regenerate the items you like so they match your character level, make them look different for coins, or apply shaders to characters. Most stat stuff comes into on Multiverse events but also come into play in the AI Battle wherein you tinker with logic for characters and put one CPU team against another in small battles. Of course, if you want strict non-gear poo poo mucking up your play then you can opt to fight battles and modes without the stats and only apply your sexy costume aesthetically.

so yeah there's a lot different and it offers a lot more RPG battling poo poo in general but also is probably more feature-rich and fully realized than MKX.

Yeah it all seems like an evolution of the progression systems from MKX. I'm not sure about getting it because I've never been that into comics and there are only a couple characters that are interesting, but the sheer amount of stuff to do for a fighting game looks neat and it seems to run really well on a PS4.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also on a positive note I just want to say my Batman looks baller in the Noir shader and dressed up like Batman Beyond. Was definitely pleasantly surprised to find those gear pieces. On a less positive note, I just realized all the gear dress-up is useless with Premier skins who are locked into a single appearance. :smith:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Are there still 2 spots open in Goon squad or should we join dark empire?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

McCloud posted:

Are there still 2 spots open in Goon squad or should we join dark empire?

You can put in the code and check, if there's 50 people in the guild don't bother applying it's full.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah it all seems like an evolution of the progression systems from MKX. I'm not sure about getting it because I've never been that into comics and there are only a couple characters that are interesting, but the sheer amount of stuff to do for a fighting game looks neat and it seems to run really well on a PS4.

it quickly becomes Cosplay Fighter anyway so even the standard characters can quickly look like someone else, knowledge about the comics really isn't required.

Only just remembered about Regen Tokens in this game so I got to regen all my level 3 Epic Joker gear, now I'm a hyperpowered garbage man. I didn't even know he had his classic haircut in this game, it feels like I constantly see new equipment. NOT ENOUGH SLOTS RIGHT NOW UGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I'm constantly running into inventory limits on characters, I wish it was a little higher. Thankfully regen tokens are plentiful enough that I can usually just sell anything not epic quality and reroll those until I'm happy with the stats.

• Locked thread