Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So what is this the second time we've elected a president who was actively suffering from alzheimers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

So what is this the second time we've elected a president who was actively suffering from alzheimers?

Well there's a decent excuse to be had for the first time around. His voters just voted in an rear end in a top hat to cause untold damage to the country for better than half a century and counting, the Alzheimers was apparently not noticeable at first.

With the hate mango it was pretty god drat apparent right from the start so we don't get that excuse.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Huh now that I think of it, ronnie wasn't fully gone when he went into office, so this should be a hell of a wild ride

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 22, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm starting to think of this as a civil-cold war (cold-civil war?)

Both sides view each other as the mortal enemy, letting it come to actual bloodshed would be awful for the world even if freedom technically wins in the end, both sides see the other as misguided, etc. lot of parallels but now being fought with memes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Civil War reenacters replacing the Roger Ailes crew at Fox news would be the most likely thing after Facts Don't Matter.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I got news for you, there's a good number of people who think GiP is an online hate group.

I'm honestly baffled by this, who thinks that? Have these people actually ever read our subforum :psyduck:?

Lemme guess it's only other goons that think that, that haven't ever actually read GiP because lol @ anyone else in the world even knowing this place exists other than members of this dead gay forum.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mike-o posted:

I'm honestly baffled by this, who thinks that? Have these people actually ever read our subforum :psyduck:?

Lemme guess it's only other goons that think that, that haven't ever actually read GiP because lol @ anyone else in the world even knowing this place exists other than members of this dead gay forum.

It's D&D mostly, pot, kettle etc

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I got news for you, there's a good number of people who think GiP is an online hate group.

I mean it's mostly from your rants while high but yes I do agree this place is less politically correct than other discussion group

Mike-o posted:

You don't remember the magazine piece that featured the forum around when Caro got freed?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mike-o posted:

Have we forgotten the X CURES Y fad so fast? Like, that's just the first example off the top of my head where I'm not sure all the racism was ironic.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the shitposting.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Death cures fascists

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

Have we forgotten the X CURES Y fad so fast? Like, that's just the first example off the top of my head where I'm not sure all the racism was ironic.

GAS CURES KIKES wasn't racist, I'm a Jew. :colbert:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mike-o posted:

We're all baby killers and fascists dude. And I worked on cruise ships which makes me worse in the eyes of d&d

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

2016 cured me of any sort of 'ironic' hate speech because it became reality. I grew up in the era of anonymous internet where absolutely no one used their real name. That's changed though in recent years and so you have this weird mixture of some people being anonymous and some people using their real identity on social media. Anonymous people saying "hitler did nothing wrong" isn't as funny now that people are saying it on social media page of actual minorities.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 22, 2017

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Two Finger posted:

We're all baby killers and fascists dude. And I worked on cruise ships which makes me worse in the eyes of d&d

GiP is where the best baby killers hang. One guy carries a gun for an abortion clinic. His K:D ratio is fuckin sick.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

suboptimal posted:

In good news about the alt right, someone confronted Richard Spencer at the gym and crushed his skull with a stack of barbells got his gym membership cancelled.

Spoeank posted:

so much for the tolerant lift

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GiP is where the best baby killers hang. One guy carries a gun for an abortion clinic. His K:D ratio is fuckin sick.

I feel left out that I have no kills to my name. We did once unload a dead dude on the pier in Jamaica. Which thanks to a gently caress up by the bridge had about a thousand passengers on it rather than them being held back ten minutes so they didn't have to see a gurney being wheeled out :lol:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're not wrong per se.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yes

its all about the past week nothing else

I hope they do that TSA segment though... :saddowns:

But yes, a very good show tonight. I don't think they delved as deep as they would have like. There are a lot more implications of Comey being fired and the stuff that has come out though.

Edit for baby killer status: Not a baby killer, tho.

windshipper fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 22, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Assists don't count :colbert:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

They're not wrong per se.

Notice I never said they were. ;-*

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

windshipper posted:

There are a lot more implications of Comey being fired and the stuff that has come out though.

Would have loved a few lines about exactly how badly the administration hosed itself by trying to throw Rosenstein (the one dude in the justice department who could hurt them especially bad since the elf recused) under the bus, and how Mueller is one dude they don't want around.

That and the super well crafted appointment letter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFdsl29s_Q

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Suicide Watch posted:

You don't remember the magazine piece that featured the forum around when Caro got freed?

Ok yeah I remember that.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Maybe I'm just too optimistic but I felt all of that was tongue in cheek. I'm optimistic about all you dudes because I like our dumb little forum and I "know" you guys I guess.

Maybe my own perception is coloring things but I feel for the most part we're a small forum of self hating vets who skew more towards the center-left unlike mostall other internet military forums.

HEY I HAVE A CURRENT EVENT TO TALK ABOUT

http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article151097417.html

A foot was found in the Puget Sound literally a couple miles away from me. I guess you could say it's not that interesting because it was probably a suicide or whatever. But this poo poo has been happening in Washington and British Columbia for the past decade or so. A bunch of feet keep washing up on shore from Vancouver to Seattle to Tacoma and now all the way at the southern end of the Puget Sound in my town. Shits weird man.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salish_Sea_human_foot_discoveries

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Just got done watching this holy poo poo. I want to get off of mr skeleton's wild ride.

How did poo poo get this unhinged?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Laranzu posted:

Would have loved a few lines about exactly how badly the administration hosed itself by trying to throw Rosenstein (the one dude in the justice department who could hurt them especially bad since the elf recused) under the bus, and how Mueller is one dude they don't want around.

That and the super well crafted appointment letter.

Oh definitely. But they're right in that there was so much to cover, it would take the whole show to cover it, even at the barest glance, and they did what they could. It's been a massive week, and I think they did a decent job given what they had, and that to most people they have to explain why it's important.

Anyways... still kinda wanna see that TSA piece because from what I know it's a shithole and needs massive reforms - but it's costing a lot for a lot of security theater.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Trump speaking in Tel Aviv right now

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Do other countries look at the US and assume we have a bunch of civil wars going on since we like killing each other so much?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I think they just see us United as one nation in our bloodlust and hunger to kill each other; ready to band together to kill someone else if you keep us from killing each other first.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Apparently Melania swatted away Trump's hand when he reached for her hand while on the tarmac in Israel.

http://gizmodo.com/melania-swats-aw...dium=socialflow

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Dead Reckoning posted:

SALT CURES HAMS

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CommieGIR posted:

Apparently Melania swatted away Trump's hand when he reached for her hand while on the tarmac in Israel.

http://gizmodo.com/melania-swats-aw...dium=socialflow

Trumple in Hairadise

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Turkey just recalled their ambassador to the US over the "aggressive action" of protestors towards Edrogan's bodyguards.

The Turkish account of the story is that the protestors started violently attacking a Turk and the bodyguards response (including kicking old dude in the face on the ground) was entirely in self defense.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The "why do you make me hit you?" defense.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

facialimpediment posted:

So Donnie has been through two days of his trip, the easiest days, and he's basically George W. Bush now or something. There's some poo poo on him botching Islamic vs Islamist terror, and his aides are saying he hosed up "because he's exhausted", but whatever. This post is about a funny picture and poo poo advance work.

So Donnie toured a new facility in Saudi that is the "Global Center for Combatting Extremist Ideology". Here's that picture:

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/866348793230311424

Oh they're going to touch a globe nothing could be bad abou-

https://twitter.com/dphrygian/status/866392536809488386

:stare:

Someone needs to Photoshop the guy from the Megadeath album covers into those photos

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Mikey's taking the Fifth.

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/866648414007820288

Sorry Shim.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

ohhhhhhhh man

dude is compromised as gently caress.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Flynn's doing the best thing for himself, as the fifth doesn't actually imply guilt. There's a feeding frenzy starting, Flynn offered to testify with immunity, he didn't get it from FBI/Congress, so he won't testify.

Unfortunately for Donnie, everyone THINKS the fifth implies guilt and there's poo poo like this out there: https://twitter.com/GenFlynn/status/745944681331122180

So now, Flynn's interests are not Donnie's interests.

Edit: ohhhhhhhh yeah I was waiting for this https://twitter.com/yashar/status/866316162644287488

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Flynn's doing the best thing for himself, as the fifth doesn't actually imply guilt.

The court of public opinion is pretty important.

• Locked thread