Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Bad news: Angola is still Angola.

Good News: We have enough cash to buy at least one bote!

So where are we going for R&R? I've always wanted to visit St. Barts. Rent one of those exclusive hotels, buy a few kilos of cocaine, fly in some nice hookers... the possibilities are endless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Hey I have a dumb question that probably doesn't even matter, but I'm curious: how the hell do we ferry the Reaper? It's got a crazy ferry radius (3200nm), but do we have to like, fly it somewhere, pack up the control center and move that up to stay in range while it sits on the ground, and repeat until it gets to its destination? Without having an infrastructure for these things to relay between existing control centers this seems like it'd take an incredibly long time. The Sperwer at least we can probably just shove in the C-130.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

power crystals posted:

Hey I have a dumb question that probably doesn't even matter, but I'm curious: how the hell do we ferry the Reaper? It's got a crazy ferry radius (3200nm), but do we have to like, fly it somewhere, pack up the control center and move that up to stay in range while it sits on the ground, and repeat until it gets to its destination? Without having an infrastructure for these things to relay between existing control centers this seems like it'd take an incredibly long time. The Sperwer at least we can probably just shove in the C-130.

Probably a beat-up old Volvo semi (Swedes to the rescue yet again) hauling the control centre behind it like a regular conex container.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

sebmojo posted:

Quia tuti sunt tibi gradibus

'You are protected because of the stairs that you have.'

This gets my vote.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Man, what a way to end a theater. I think I'm gonna get drunk and start another fight about capitalism.

Also, can we buy a bote now?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

power crystals posted:

Remove the wings and stuff it into the Herc. The Sperwer gets shoved into the casa

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So, compared roughly to how we cameout of operations in India and Tibet as vs Angola, what roughly has our total payout been for the campaign as opposed to losses/expenditures if someone had an idea for a rough comparison?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Now that we're in the procurement phase, here is my wishlist for Yooper, let me know what you think goons!

Since our next theater is probably going to feature better SAMs, better fighters, and tougher targets, I think we need to beef up our force a little. I think we should invest in four types of aircraft.

Firstly, modern strike fighters for air-to-air and air-to-ground work. Secondly, strike bombers to to high tougher ground targets. Three, some more electronic attack aircraft. Four, some light attack aircraft that can drop bombs from altitude. Light strikers are an affordable way to drop bombs and give more goon pilots flying spots.

Finally, we should get some aircraft geared to our AO: either maritime patrol (Bering Sea) or surveillance (Eastern Europe?)

Here's what I'd like to SELL
1. One Su-25 Frogfoot
2. Two AMX A-11s (assuming we can't buy 2-4 more to fill out the numbers)

Here's what we can do with the Sk60Bs

Bacarruda posted:

Proposal: Dragonslayers, Inc.
The Sk 60Bs have proved that they can't survive in a modern air defense environment. And they have to get drat lucky to actually kill anything. But I think they can still be useful to us.

That's why I propose we create a spin-off company: Dragonslayers, Inc. We detach the SK 60s and send them back to the home front. There, they can do some PR work and make us some extra money.

They can make money as they:
-Fly airshows as an aerobatic demo team.
-Take up wannabe fighter pilots for mock dogfights.
-Train new pilots.
-Fly as a private aggressor squadron for other air merc companies and air forces.
-Do VIP transport.
-Help with search-and-rescue.

Here's what I'd like to BUY

Modern Strike Fighters: these would mostly take the air-to-air and high-risk air-to-ground role in our force. We're reaching the point where eight Gripens isn't enough, so 4-6 strike fighters would be quite nice. If we want to add more goon pilot spots, all of these aircraft come in two-seater versions, too (F/A-18D, F-16D, JAS 39D Gripen or JAS 39F Gripen NG).

1. ex-USN F/A-18C+ Hornet or ex-USN F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet. They're being retired by the US Navy (the Super Hornets could be leased from Boeing), so they're on the market. They have a nice range of toys: AIM-120D AMRAAMs, Harpoon anti-shipping missile, AIM-9Xes, bunker busting JSOW glide bombs, upgraded HARMs, decoy drones, Paveways, JDAMs, naval mines, and even goon favorite napalm. Can even carry a buddy-tanking pod. They fill the strike role better than the Gripen can, which leaves our Swedish birds more free to do CAP work.
2. ex-Greek F-16CJ Blk 52+ (Peace Xenia IV): with the current Greek firesale, I think we could get a good price on these. They have the conformal fuel tanks for extra range and lots of nice weapons: AIM-120Cs, four 2,000 Paveways, Mjolnir anit-runway glide bombs, Mavericks, JDAMs, HARMs, bunker-busting JSOWs, and 2,000 lb SPICES! Excellent ground strike aircraft which can hold their own in a dogfight.
3. We can upgrade our current JAS 39C Gripens into ex-Swedish JAC 39E Gripen NG. Gripen NGs have two extra pylons (six Meteors!), a better AESA radar and more range than our Gripen Cs. A smart, if a little obvious option. Or, we could just buy more of our http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/3697/]current Gripens
4. Ex-Spanish EF-18M Hornets. They're not as good as the US ones, but they do have Taurus cruise missiles, HARMs, Harpoons, Paveway bunker-busters, and Mavericks.

Modernized Strike Fighters: for a lower-cost strike fighter option. We'd end up using these mostly as bombers, I think. I don't really want to buy any, but it's worth looking at the options.

1. ex-Colombian Kfir C.10, buy the last of the Free Stater's Kfirs. SPICE glide bombs for days! They'd fit in well with our current force and are decent all-rounders, if a bit weak at air-to-air.
2. Mirage 2000 (either the ex-Greek Mirage 2000EG Mk 2 or the ex-Indian Mirage 2000H-5): The Greek one carry Exocets or a SCALP cruise missile. The Indian one has a much nicer set of weapons: ARMAT anti-radar missile, four big laser-guided bomb, Durandal anti-runway bombs, Mica air-to-air missiles.
3. ex-Moroccan Mirage F.1EM Can carry four SBU-64 glide bombs or MICA air-to-air missiles. They'd do the same job as our Kfirs.

Strike Bombers: as we saw in Angola, we don't have enough bombers to kill all the targets thrown at us. So, we should get 4-6 bombers.

1. Tornado IDS (preferably the Saudi Tornado IDS or the British Tornado GR4): if we can get the Saudi or RAF Tornadoes, they have Sky Shadow cruise missiles and up to twelve Brimstones! They'd fit in well with our current force.
2. F-15E Strike Eagle or derivatives like the F-15K: This baby has it all, lots of fuel, great radar, great sensors, and nearly every weapon in the USAF's inventory.
3. Su-24M2 Fencer D: favorite of Hired Goons MVP Quintann, the Fencers have a lot of nifty weapons. Mach 3 anti-radiation missiles, bunker busters, guided bombs, air-to-surface missiles, you name it.
4. F-4 Phantom II (either the Israeli F-4E Phantom II Kurnass 2000 or the Turkish F-4E Phantom II Terminator: These babdies would fit in really well with our current Phantom force. They can't carry AMRAAMs,l but they each have some excellent cruise missiles and 3,000 pound Popeye glide bombs.

Electronic Warfare: if we're going anywhere with lots of SAMs, we need jamming support. We need one more EW bird

1. ex-USN (or Boeing lease) EA-18G Growler: Faster, better jammers, modern HARMS, and they can carry AMRAAMs to protect themsevles,
2. ex-USMC EA-6B Prowler ICAP III: The same as our current Prowler. Effective, if not very fancy.

Light Strike/CAS: affordable bomb trucks that can hit targets from above AA range. I think we should sell off the Frogfoot (and possibly the A-11s) and buy 4-6 light strike aircraft.

1. A-10C Thunderbolt II. Like the Frogfoot, but better in every way. Four 2,000lb Paveways, Mavericks and JDAMs for days. And of course BRRRRRRRRRTTTT!
2. ex-Indian MiG-27M Flogger J, can carry four 1,000lb Griffin LGBs over a respectable range.
3. Mirage F.1CR, we already have two of these. They can carry four GBU-12s (the same as our Gripens and more than the Phantoms!) or two larger LGBs or two basic air-to-ground missiles.
4. ex-Indian Jaguar IS DARIN IIII: we could get a good deal on these from the Indians. Very handy little bombers with two 1,000lb Griffin laser-guided bombs or eighteen BAP.100 anti-runway bombs.
5. AMX A-11: more of the ones we already have. They're good JDAM-droppers.

Maritime Patrol Aircraft: if we go to the Bering Sea, we'd want 1-2 MPAs

1. P-3C Orion Update II: this thing is great. Harpoons, SLAM-ER long-range missiles, JDAMs, and much more. Great anti-surface and anti-submarine aircraft.
2. S-3 Viking: We can get one version which can do ASW and ASuW work or the more modern one which can't do ASW, but can chuck Mavericks, fire Harpoons, and do buddy-refueling.
3. ex-USCG HC-130H. No weapons, but a great sensor suite of TV, IR, and radars. Could help supplement our Reaper quite well on land or sea. It can also carry cargo! If we buy this, we might even be able to sell the CN-325.

Surveillance: for spotting ground targets. We'd need 1-2 of these.

1. MQ-9 Reaper: get another one of these for recon work with the Gorgon Stare pods. Can also carry nice load of Paveways and Hellfires.
2. EMB-145 RS: a modified Brazilian business jet with a good set of surface-search radars and IR cameras. Can also do ELINT work.
3. MQ-1C Grey Eagle. A Predator with a really nice FLIR setup and some Hellfires.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 22, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Crazycryodude posted:

Hoff, you dumbass, you just started another civil war, a corporate takeover beyond Reddit's wildest fever dreams, or both.

Oh well, let's take the money and go buy some new toys. I'm done with this shithole.

Not necessarily, it all depends on who Hoff left behind in the top rungs of the democratic forces leadership.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's the status of North Korea?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Double post, but I just realized something. The Textron AirLand Scorpion is getting a production run as a trainer. Which means we should be able to use it in the game. Which means we might be able to buy some new ones from the manufacturer at a discount if we offer to put it thru its paces in combat.

"Stats per Wikipedia posted:

General characteristics
Crew: 2
Length: 43 ft 6 in (13.26 m)
Wingspan: 47 ft 4 in (14.43 m)
Height: 14 ft (4.3 m)
Empty weight: 11,800 lb (5,352 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 21,250 lb (9,639 kg)
Fuel capacity: 6 000 lb (2 722 kg)
Powerplant: 2 × Honeywell TFE731 turbofan, 4,000 lbf (18 kN) thrust each

Performance
Maximum speed: 450 kn (518 mph; 833 km/h)
Stall speed: 95 kn (109 mph; 176 km/h) (max)[50]
Ferry range: 2,400 nmi (2,762 mi; 4,445 km)
Service ceiling: 45,000 ft (14,000 m)

Armament
Hardpoints: 6 with a capacity of 6,200 lb (2,800 kg),[30] and an internal bay with a 3,000 lb (1,400 kg)[28] of armaments and other stores,
Bombs: precision and non-precision munitions

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So is there a reason why we wouldn't want to consider picking up a pair of honest-to-god bombers if such comes available?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Double post, but I just realized something. The Textron AirLand Scorpion is getting a production run as a trainer. Which means we should be able to use it in the game. Which means we might be able to buy some new ones from the manufacturer at a discount if we offer to put it thru its paces in combat.

Not in the database

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I wanna brighten up the mood a bit, so I wrote this. Call it "Give me Goon Operations". Dedicated to our anonymous ground crews. Everybody now!

"Don't give me a JAS-39 (Jass thirty nine)
cause there never seems like enough time
To service the targets
Where everyone wants it
Don't give me a JAS-39

Give me operations, etc....

Don't give me a Sixty Bravo
The drat thing is so zetta slow
It only flies rockets
And blows up in sprockets
Don't give me an Sixty Bravo

Don't give me a Phantom that's Greek
Cause the AMRAAMs are pitif'ly weak
The Paveways malfunction
At every disjunction
Don't give me a Phantom that's Greek

Don't give me a lion Kfir
It roars, but there's no teeth in here
Mirage 5s we take up
In Israeli makeup
Don't give me a lion Kfir

Don't give me swing-wing IDS (Eye Dee Ess)
Of both versions, neither is best
For each hour it flies
You need fifty ground guys
Don't give me swing wing IDS

Don't give me the AMX Ghibli (A-mex Ghib-lee)
cause it sounds like a Totoro sneeze
The engine is whiny
The bombload is tiny
Don't give me the AMX Ghibli

Don't give me the Su-25 (Sue twenty five)
It's no better than bombers that dive
Its range, how we fidget
It's short as a midget
Don't give me the Su-25

Don't give me the big Erieye (ear-ee-aye)
I think I'd fall over and die
Cause watching dots moving
Just sets me to snoozing
Don't give me the big Erieye

No Sperwer or MQ-9B (Emm Queue nine Bee)
For I'd have moved to Tennessee
If I wanted to stay
In a trailer all day
No Sperwer or MQ-9B

Don't give me the EA-6B (Eee Aay-six Bee)
Cause four dudes in one pit's not for me
Nor is flooding the airwaves
With white noise for whole days
Don't give me the EA-6B

Don't give me the CASA or Herc
Cause I'd need to go finding work
My name's on the cockpit
But I'm never on it
Don't give me the CASA or Herc

Now I don't want a 135 (one thirty five)
It smells like a wastewater pipe
The big leaking bladder
Makes everyone sadder
I don't want a 135

And somehow the Vickers is worse
Cause no matter the way that we curse
The wing tanks all leak
And the prospects look bleak
Cause somehow the Vickers is worse

Give me operations
And I'll take the job with aplomb
Cause with the crap that we fly
I would rather be bombed!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Quinntan posted:

Not in the database

Time to submit a request to the developer gods!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Time to submit a request to the developer gods!

Eh, there likely isn't enough data to go on yet, along with a lack of orders for them.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Quinntan posted:

Eh, there likely isn't enough data to go on yet, along with a lack of orders for them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Davin Valkri posted:

I wanna brighten up the mood a bit, so I wrote this.

And you were right to do so !

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

paragon1 posted:

Not necessarily, it all depends on who Hoff left behind in the top rungs of the democratic forces leadership.

I put my faith in Juan Joboco! And Benjamim, of course. Hopefully he'll get the chance to see his family again, one way or another.

It sucks that Von Hoff felt he had to resort to such...drastic measures, but then again Mkebe's love of wearing a fancy uniform for no adequately-explained reason was probably a red flag.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Poor Survivor

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

My guy's finally flying a plane! :toot: Now I just have to hope I don't get bushwhacked ferrying munitions in for the rest of you.

Did we not actually have a C-130 pilot before now? Does that mean I was flying it during First Impressions?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Ugh, the end of the Angolan campaign's left a bad taste in my mouth, hopefully the next theater is a bit less of a moral quandary fat loving chance

Also Davin that song's amazing.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

If we really need some strike craft and more ECM/ELINT... how bout a combo of the EF-111 Sparkvark and RF-111 Pig? Former has the full spectrum of ECM MIJI gear but no weapons, while the latter has a recon package in the fuselage bays plus can still haul regular iron bombs

Assuming we can find them considering they've been scrapped AFAIK

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Kitfox88 posted:

Ugh, the end of the Angolan campaign's left a bad taste in my mouth, hopefully the next theater is a bit less of a moral quandary fat loving chance

Also Davin that song's amazing.

It does seem like he could've handled Mbeke's instincts a better way...

Or at least left Hayard Gunnes in his will.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 22, 2017

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

We are apparently not signatories to the convention on clusterfucks. Oops.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Yvonmukluk posted:

My guy's finally flying a plane! :toot: Now I just have to hope I don't get bushwhacked ferrying munitions in for the rest of you.

Did we not actually have a C-130 pilot before now? Does that mean I was flying it during First Impressions?

Dreamsicle was our C-130 pilot but we needed a pilot for the Sperwer and he asked to get promoted. So he got assigned there and apparently you took his place. I forget when exactly this happened, I think two ops ago.

Procurement wise I've spent a bunch of posts explaining things that I want so I'm not going to go over that here (hit the ? on this post, I'm using my first post as an index of these). I'd rather get some more Frogfeet than sell the one because when it gets the chance those Vikhrs are a great value. The A-11s don't seem very useful but they're also so cheap I'm not sure they're worth selling anyway.

My priority list would be:
- Maritime patrol aircraft (P-3C?)
- Anything with air to air missiles with a range >= 50nm to try to make the Gripens less essential (maybe some Foxhounds)
- A second EWAR aircraft
- A second HAWK in case we have to split across two airbases again
- Another UAV, even if we can't get a second Gorgon Stare
- Anything left on weird but fun stuff (c'mon Iranian Phantom + Tomcat package that nobody but me will vote for, or more realistically maybe Intruders)

I'm not sure I actually want F-15s or Superhornets. They're very good aircraft with no character. I'd rather pick up 8 aircraft that were flying in the 70s instead of 1 F-15 unless there is some specific weapon we want that is only available on that platform.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

welp, hope von Hoff actually had statesmen just waiting in the wingsc ause otherwise this whole country will fall into anarchy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bacarruda posted:

Poor Survivor

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - William Tecumseh Sherman

It's an ignominious end, but one fated for us Dragon Slayers.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

RA Rx posted:

It does seem like he could've handled Mbeke's instincts a better way...

Or at least left Hayard Gunnes in his will.

He was elderly, and ill, and he probably felt he had to do something while he still could, and to give the young Angolan democracy breathing room. I can understand why he felt he had to end things this way. I don't necessarily endorse it, but I can understand it.

And I'm guessing he left it all to charity, Angola, or some combination of the two.

Assuming the country manages to become stable, I think things will look bright. Aside from the Lithium income, there's a lot of political groups that Angola is a member of that could allow them to make some good friends. Maybe they could reach out via the Community of Portuguese Language Countries to Brazil or Japan for advisors to help rebuild & professionalize their military.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I vote for more EWAR aircraft, they're not flashy but are a huge force multiplier and having several means they don't have to be spread thin

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

News out of Cabinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SxTUdFmCY

Free State

What was an experiment into alternative government and 21st century economics ended in one of the largest Kickstarter thefts in history. A modern democracy where the upvote was policy and the taxes were low seemed a harbringer of the modern age. Instead it highlighted the inequality and hypocrisy where the only upvote that mattered was the almighty dollar. Even now various splinter groups are setting out to other countries seeking a utopia free from the world they once abandoned. The Triumvirate has gone silent but that powerful group, one from Crypto, one from the Ayn Rand Society, and the last from /r/Anime are powerful people and this is not the last of them.

Dos Santos

In the wake of the war his prisons were found to be empty, but the fields outside were full. His reign of terror and consolidation was the core of what seemed a modern African veneer. Even now the country is in shock as to the depths of deprivation. He leaves a legacy that is a reminder to Angola of what a strong ruler can leave behind. His forces, for the most part, have laid down arms or joined up with the provisional military. Dos Santo's legacy will never be forgotten, nor will the atrocities he committed in the name of progress.

Provisional Angola

What was once the rejects of Dos Santos's nation are now returning to Luanda and attempting to rebuild. With no central personality to gel around they are instead moving forward as a fresh democracy more along the lines of Norway. Under the guidance of Apple and Tesla the new government is aiming at stability with an eye to the future, a hopefully better future. Whether or not they can remain stable is the big question, hell, it remains to be seen where they can survive the first free election. Already the country speaks of their freedom, bought with Angolan blood. The memory of Von Hoff is fading fast as Africa, once again, moves on.

Holy poo poo. It's that time again!

:catdrugs: PROCUREMENT :catdrugs:

This is how it's going to work.

• Wishlist - What do we like? I take this to the suppliers and they try to find it.
  • Options - We get a set of options from the suppliers : Fight/Multirole, Attack, and Support.
  • Voting. You get to choose from one of three choices in each category to fit our budget.
  • No Wild Willie, he's currently making mattresses at the New York State Penitentary.

Here's an example.

Fighters
4 F-16 $200,000,000
6 Gripens $250,000,000
5 SU-30 $175,000,000

Attack
2 F-15SE $145,000,000
2 Tornado's $85,000,000
2 SU-25 $$25,000,000

Support
Wedgetail $180,000,000
4 RF4 $25,000,000
2 Israeli OECM Drone $20,000,000

Goony McGoonFace wants Gripens, bad, but they're the most expensive of the options. So he votes B for the Fighters, and C for the cheapass broken SU-25 pair from Attack, and only get's the Israeli Drones in support.

So, Hired Goons, do like Bacarruda did and get me your wishlists. A link to Cmano-DB or BalooganWiki is very helpful.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Agean90 posted:

welp, hope von Hoff actually had statesmen just waiting in the wingsc ause otherwise this whole country will fall into anarchy.
We know he did, Juan Joboco is the current PM, and he managed to get the Chinese to back down. I doubt he would have topped himself if he felt there was going to be a power vacuum.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Although I'm still incredibly pessimistic about Angola's future (western megacorps "assisting" in building the governments of resource-rich African countries never ends well for the locals), at least it's not total anarchy yet.

poo poo, maybe I'm completely wrong and things will even go halfway decent :unsmith:. Don't quote me on that, though.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 22, 2017

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper, what hypothetical aircraft are allowed? I know people, maybe even me, are going to ask for things like Tigersharks or Super Tomcats.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dreamsicle posted:

Yooper, what hypothetical aircraft are allowed? I know people, maybe even me, are going to ask for things like Tigersharks or Super Tomcats.

I'd rather not. We're going to stick as close to reality as is possible in that regards.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Wish list

Fighters:
2-4 F-15C $150,000,000

MultiRole:
6-8 F/A-18D $????
or
6-8 F/A-18A+ $????

Attackers:
4 A-10C $????

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Who cares if Angola stays stable, who cares about what Von Hoff did. We are Mercenaries, we leave the morals to the politicians and just get the job done. We got paid and we completed the mission that is all that matters, the entire country could erupt in civil war and it wouldn't matter to us unless we could get hired.

Also I am against getting more high tech equipment both for an in character reason and out of character. Out of character the higher tech equipment we get the easier it is to go with longer range stand off munitions which while effective is going to look pretty boring.

In character the more high tech equipment we get the more of a threat to the more developed nations and groups we become, its all well and good buying say F-15 jets right up until China catches up with us and swats them out of the skies with J-20s or America intervenes with proper F-22s. My suggestion is buy medium to low tech but buy in number, we want to be a threat to third world nations across the globe and with the limited ability to intervene in higher staked conflicts but not strong enough to warrant attention from the groups liable to swat our planes out of the sky.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

koolkevz666 posted:

Who cares if Angola stays stable, who cares about what Von Hoff did. We are Mercenaries, we leave the morals to the politicians and just get the job done. We got paid and we completed the mission that is all that matters, the entire country could erupt in civil war and it wouldn't matter to us unless we could get hired.

Because some of us care about things besides just money. :colbert:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Because some of us care about things besides just money. :colbert:

I assume you're referring to explosions, which we all love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Dear Satan, for next christmas I would like:

AJS-37 Viggen as a proto-Gripen from the bygone days, for second line attack missions.
F-18C/D Hornet with all the bells and whistles, like Growler variants.
SEPECAT Jaguar for bombing stuff.

Thanks, and I left a bottle for you in the sock by the fireplace.