Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i couldnt remember the crystal tower event at all so i looked it up and the video strategies posted on the wiki are so old that its featuring units like vaan, lenna, and kain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Crystal Tower is a pretty decent choice to bring back. Might be worth farming those dragons for the awakening mats as I'm sure Orlandu/Olive can probably 1 shot them. Not sure if that will be a more effective ratio than farming phantoms but it should be once you've bought all the cheap ones.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yellow, baby give me one last Draco spike for good.meassure...no Hoped again!

Anyways got a lucky streak of like 5 draco moogles and finished up my third Draco spike. I went from absolutely no loving mage gear for my t.terras to one that's dual wielding the second strongest rod in the game. If I hadnt gotten a Aileen I might have considered prioritizing 3 letters. Instead I'm getting moonblade, artisan, another dual wield, dark Knight soul and a bracelet. Then I'll get another bracelet, two of shines, a black cowl and a demon armor. That will get a near bis Aileen ready for enhancements.

I'll go back to the terror baltimores after that. Their enhancements are a good 6 t 8 months away

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 22, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Interesting morning.

Woke up dropping 40k places in Bahamut raid. I wasn't deep in, but going from 85k to 120k was a surprise. Not. Even. Worth it.

Decided I was going to keep a few of the moogles to try 5 tix on the dragon banner. Decided to toss the Equip H Armor and Gungir. Pulled. Got Firion...

Did my free pull and got my 2nd Letters and Arms. Awesome!

Now for the other 4 ticket tries...

Maria
Vaan
Shera
Kain...

gently caress this.

hagie fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 22, 2017

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

FFBE: Fenrir stole your pull

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yellow, baby give me one last Draco spike for good.meassure...no Hoped again!

Anyways got a lucky streak of like 5 draco moogles and finished up my third Draco spike. I went from absolutely no loving mage gear for my t.terras to one that's dual wielding the second strongest rod in the game. If I hadnt gotten a Aileen I might have considered prioritizing 3 letters. Instead I'm getting moonblade, artisan, another dual wield, dark Knight soul and a bracelet. Then I'll get another bracelet, two of shines, a black cowl and a demon armor. That will get a near bis Aileen ready for enhancements.

I'll go back to the terror baltimores after that. Their enhancements are a good 6 t 8 months away

I also completed 3 Spikes and 35% on the 4th.

I got a gold off the banner today too and it was my 3rd Luka that I've pulled in the past week.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Holy poo poo, decided that since I got a bunch of lapis from completing the bahamut trial thanks to Fiss I'd do a 1/2 daily pull. Golden crystal, not bad...wait a minute, reforming to rainbow? Aileen, sweet.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I actually hope every future raid has the bot thing happen so it's easy to get all of the currency rewards, let Gumi sort out the rankings later

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Khisanth Magus posted:

Holy poo poo, decided that since I got a bunch of lapis from completing the bahamut trial thanks to Fiss I'd do a 1/2 daily pull. Golden crystal, not bad...wait a minute, reforming to rainbow? Aileen, sweet.

Grats. I hate you.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Only problem with Aileen is she requires 20 rainbow horns for her 6*, and I used all 20 of the cheap ones from this event on Xon. Oh well, spending 10k on the expensive ones.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I got Delita'd today :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

suuma posted:

Ouch, I am so sorry.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

suuma posted:

Im hoping against all hope that delita gets a round of enhancements that unfucks him. He's so ridiculously outclassed its not even funny. Oh so he can buff to magic/spr pretty well, so? Minfilia can buff as hard now plus buff attack/def too and resistances against every element. So he has pretty strong individual def/spr break, so? WoL can rip apart both stats at the same time through aoes and is one of the hardiest tank of the game.

A 5* that has nothing going for himself. The butt of all 5* jokes

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
One nice side of the bots is how many raid coins I'm getting per run now. I need lots of them, since getting cactuar statues from that is now my best way of leveling aileen.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
On the other hand, I can't wait for this raid to end so I can get my *checks post bot spam ranking* 100 lapis

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

suuma posted:

On the other hand, I can't wait for this raid to end so I can get my *checks post bot spam ranking* 100 lapis

I figured I was pretty much set to get my 3 summon tickets before the bots started. At this rate i will be lucky to get 100 lapis.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I wasn't getting anything anyway, so I'm fine with just gacha rewards. I get why people who have more points would be bent, though. I managed to build all 4 pieces of equipment, get my hands on a Gungnir and most of a second, Crimson Blood, and a Draco Spike. It's basically taken me from 'having a hard time with PRO' to 'clearing elite with no KOs'.

Johnny Nomad
Feb 18, 2004

I will take as many as I can afford, hopefully everyone who requests. Put something goony in your message.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

They just sent out a big warning about using bots a week or so ago. Gumi might work the gatcha, or overprice their content to trap whales, and require ridiculous amounts of grinding for certain aspect of the game, but when it comes to compensation they usually go over what they need to do.

This bot fiasco is obvious and it will reward everyone with at least some summon tickets/lapis on top of whatever you get it if they actually fix the rankings.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

It was pretty funny this morning to see everyone get into a big game of chicken with the raid. Nobody wanted to spend their orbs when it was so close to leveling up, so the health bar wasn't moving for a while.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

They just sent out a big warning about using bots a week or so ago. Gumi might work the gatcha, or overprice their content to trap whales, and require ridiculous amounts of grinding for certain aspect of the game, but when it comes to compensation they usually go over what they need to do.

This bot fiasco is obvious and it will reward everyone with at least some summon tickets/lapis on top of whatever you get it if they actually fix the rankings.

I'll reiterate this, and also my hope that this happens every raid event going forward

Purple Parrot
Sep 2, 2008
I checked both Fiss' and Dana's friend codes from the spreadsheet and they are both at the friend capacity. Could I bother someone to help me complete the Bahamut Trial? 477,751,407 or let me know that you have free space.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Could use some TMR advice. My Excalibur is currently at about 50%, but I just got Aileen, and she really needs her TMR. I'm guessing I should start putting all of my moogles into Artisan instead of finishing Excalibur(which was going to go onto Noctis)?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, I've got Rem all suited up (though Y'shtola may donate a couple good items yet) and ready to go for people trying to get Blue Phantoma for tickets and Awakening materials and such. Rem's Global skills (Siphon Delta, which is AoE Osmose, and Dagger Boomerang, an attack that eventually hits for 6.2x MAG damage) turn her from a great (the current best?) red mage/healer with built in to a monster. She's got Auto-Revive, a decent MAG stat, and Doublecast, too.

I have still never drawn a Ludmille.

I'm full at the moment, but anygoon or one of your friends who wants in can ask me to add them and I will.

Here's kind of a long explanation.

I know that's kind of a roundabout way of doing things, but I need a full friend list because of my Switch Control macro that I've set up on my old phone. Got those good good taps all queued and up ready for me to tap the screen idly during a commercial break or what have you. The "send this rando a request?" prompt shows up in the same area as your item list (for Accept) and your friend's guest unit area on the pre-mission screen. It's possible to get a tap between your friend's unit and Esper, but I eventually just gave up and went with the simplest macro I could make, character 1, character 3, Auto button (sometimes both characters don't kill all the rats or whatever in the Earth Shrine, like they both target the same guy. The Auto button moves things along) and it doesn't get hung up when I run out of energy.

So, I would say that if you've an old (or shatterd but still functional) iPhone you don't use much, consider turning it into a TM farm. No battery life? Keep it plugged in, make sure you set it to never put itself to sleep if you've got a nice long macro series queued up.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 22, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
As I said earlier Gumi's dealt with this kind of poo poo in Brave Frontier and all they do is delay rewards (if they need the extra time) while they purge the thousands of botters to unfuck rankings.

In the last hour, without running Bahamut, I went from 80k to 75k in placement so they're already starting the purge. You can also see that the health bar for Bahamut is back to its regular pace and not the several trillion hp/hr the bots had it going at.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Considering that they're either going to unfuck the rankings or compensate people, I'm mostly just happy that the bots pushed the modifier up to like 300% for a while.

I mean all of those coins just ended up as thousands of extra dragon hearts or whatever but still.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot
I told myself I would never get sucked into a F2P mobile game. I also love Final Fantasy, and the thought of having Cecil and Vivi and Terra in the same party is the coolest thing ever to me. My love of Final Fantasy won.

:negative:

I've managed to resist spending any real money, but Rem looks really good to me...

I also have like 10 Gungnir trust master pots taking up space because I assume I'll pull Kain sometime this century. Is it worth it, or should I just sell them all?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Head North posted:

I told myself I would never get sucked into a F2P mobile game. I also love Final Fantasy, and the thought of having Cecil and Vivi and Terra in the same party is the coolest thing ever to me. My love of Final Fantasy won.

:negative:

I've managed to resist spending any real money, but Rem looks really good to me...

I also have like 10 Gungnir trust master pots taking up space because I assume I'll pull Kain sometime this century. Is it worth it, or should I just sell them all?

I told myself the same thing, man.

As a newer player, one of the things you should look at is using your Lapis to get more slots for stuff. You will eventually get Kain. Whether you still want him at that point? Who can say?

Those gacha moogles are really to quickly get TMRs during an event; you probably shouldn't keep them around forever unless you have a million slots.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Gungnir is a pretty good weapon, especially if you're just starting. With that said, the moogles probably aren't very useful unless you get 20 for the full Gungnir. Theoretically you'll pull Kain in the future, so if you have open slots there's no reason to sell them just yet.

Besides, as soon as you sell them you'll pull Kain :haw:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

suuma posted:

Gungnir is a pretty good weapon, especially if you're just starting. With that said, the moogles probably aren't very useful unless you get 20 for the full Gungnir. Theoretically you'll pull Kain in the future, so if you have open slots there's no reason to sell them just yet.

Besides, as soon as you sell them you'll pull Kain :haw:

I had 5 Kains I was going to mash together eventually to get one Gungnir. I now have 5 Gungnirs and I don't know what to do with them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I brain farted and accidentally smooshed 3 of my Ingus together and now I only have two watch me never pull another one again :downs:

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

As a newer player, one of the things you should look at is using your Lapis to get more slots for stuff. You will eventually get Kain. Whether you still want him at that point? Who can say?

Those gacha moogles are really to quickly get TMRs during an event; you probably shouldn't keep them around forever unless you have a million slots.

Yeah, I'm a packrat in games, so I've already burned a fair amount of lapis on slots.

I just checked, and I have 16 Gungnir moogles and 17 Crimson Blood moogles from cashing in my Bahamut coins over the past week. I can probably get rid of some of those. :reject:

Do you guys think the FF TYPE-0 daily special bundle is worth it? As a beginner, 500 lapis is a decent amount, but some of those awakening materials are hard to get, and I can always use more metal gigantuars.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I brain farted and accidentally smooshed 3 of my Ingus together and now I only have two watch me never pull another one again :downs:

Same.

Head North posted:

Yeah, I'm a packrat in games, so I've already burned a fair amount of lapis on slots.

I just checked, and I have 16 Gungnir moogles and 17 Crimson Blood moogles from cashing in my Bahamut coins over the past week. I can probably get rid of some of those. :reject:

Do you guys think the FF TYPE-0 daily special bundle is worth it? As a beginner, 500 lapis is a decent amount, but some of those awakening materials are hard to get, and I can always use more metal gigantuars.

I would save your Lapis for half-price pulls and slot expansion, with maybe some recharges once you get to a healthy max energy. Those items are nice, but you can get them for cheap during a King Mog event (like the one we're having right now) or for free during an exploration event, like the current FF3 one.

If you can't swing current events, play single player and finish the Colosseum so you can get some decent gear. Rely on Goon buddies to get you through till you don't technically need them to clear story content. Dirnado will be your first major roadblock with that one fight you're ambushed into with no friend units.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So I just ran my Lightning along with Dana, and they were able to clear Bahamaut. She's not as foolproof because she can't jump, the HP is a bit lower, and SPR is a lot lower, but she can carry you through the trial if you're careful. You probably need to guard on megaflare (she'll take 3600-4050 damage if guarding, she will probably not survive an unguarded hit), but a benefit to mine is, Lance is self sustaining with her MP regen. If you use her for it, let me know how it goes. Just use lance every turn she's not guarding.

280 277 688

Edit: I can give her ~300 more HP and 4 points of SPR at the cost of 90 points of atk if anyone thinks it's worth it. Still not sure she could survive an unguarded megaflare though.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 22, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So make a 2nd CoD or 2nd Firion

My recommendation is to not do the 1/2 price pulls.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
How come?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

So make a 2nd CoD or 2nd Firion

My recommendation is to not do the 1/2 price pulls.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't make 1/2 price pulls if you are a newer player who has tons of lapis. It is way more efficient than 11 pulls, and the only benefit of the 11 pulls is that you are guaranteed at least one gold crystal or higher, but in 11 1/2 price pulls you are almost guaranteed to get a golden crystal anyways.

Later on, when lapis income is a lot lower, then not doing 1/2 pulls on crappy banners can be ok to save up the lapis for a good banner.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 22, 2017

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Head North posted:

1 or 2 gungnir is definitely worth it.
1 or 2 Equip H. Armor is worth it for putting Flame Mail or Ice Armor on your healer during a Fire/Ice event.
You will *eventually* pull a Zyrus.

So, yeah, i'd definitely keep 20 of each of those. or 40 if you want to go that route.

You probably won't pull a Reberta, though. I still have 40 moogles for Freyvia, as I hope against Hope.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I am further along now but the 1/2 price ones always just seemed to be a sunk investment. Maybe just starting out, sure, when you are on island 1 and cruising your way through the story and you have all this lapis about to be laying around and well ahead of you.

I have had maybe 3 pulls out of all the half priced make me feel like it was a strong investment I have only been playing since November, and finished up to current content and always get the troll units. Fran, Alma, Duane. I know everyone gets those but I just never feel you get near the ball park for what you would like. It just comes with high expectations and crushing depression.

Now I have no expectations and mild depression.

I am an unlucky person by nature (that is an E/N thread by itself), so me using my lapis in other ways feels more beneficial. I am not an 11 pulled either. I usually try to keep my lapis around 4k and dislike getting as low as 3k, for no specific reason. Most of my pulls lately have been ticket, and I am typically sitting at no less than 5. I don't "chase the dragons" every month, because it seems like every month is a must have unit.

Then I pull them off banner 2 months later (Xon and Fryevia for example)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'll go back to the terror baltimores after that.

ok, where do all these weird nicknames come from and is there a list of them somewhere?

hagie posted:

I am further along now but the 1/2 price ones always just seemed to be a sunk investment. Maybe just starting out, sure, when you are on island 1 and cruising your way through the story and you have all this lapis about to be laying around and well ahead of you.

Half Price pulls maximize your TOTAL number of 5* characters.

11-pulls maximize your chances at a SPECIFIC 5* character.

They're generally a good idea all the time, and doubleplusgood when a banner has good 3* and 4* characters.

• Locked thread