Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

My father in law was planning on retiring in September but his boss called him over the weekend to give him the "bad news" that he's not going to be reassigned to a project now that his most recent one is completed. He's being told to work from home for the next couple of months (with no responsibilities) and then he's going to be "laid off" as part of "restructuring" with a full severance package in September.

loving owns I'm jealous.

Does that mean the company doesn't have to pay out retirement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Bad Moon posted:

What it means is they're doing him a huge favor/rewarding him. He's getting paid for 3 months to not work, and then after that, he's getting let go with full severance -- usually a month's salary for every year at the company. He's being rewarded for being a good employee.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Have a video of a goat kicking rear end and taking names to brighten your Monday. I lol'd when the dude karate kicked and missed only to have the goat headbutt him in the nuts.

https://twitter.com/_skull_queen_/status/866289335234174977

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
jinder mahal is wwe champion lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eli Wiggum posted:

So how long until he drops the belt because of a 30 day suspension for injecting horse steroids directly into his nipples

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bad Moon posted:

His retirement is self-funded from investing a huge tech ipo that made him millions before the first dotcom bust. He's incredibly smart with his money and looked at this from every possible angle. There's no downside for him.

He was a very good employee and he wanted to retire last year but they asked him to do the project he just finished before retiring (he was fairly high up at a very well known tech company) so it was a very big thank you.

The only time he was unavailable to work was during 49ers games and tailgates. I'm happy for him he's definitely earned it. :unsmith:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 22, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eli Wiggum posted:

get swole get respect

weird Asian candy posted:

Have a video of a goat kicking rear end and taking names to brighten your Monday. I lol'd when the dude karate kicked and missed only to have the goat headbutt him in the nuts.

When animals roll up on goat herds, like particularly stupid territorial dogs, the goat herd will corner and surround it, then the meanest goat will step inside for fight club.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So how long until he drops the belt because of a 30 day suspension for injecting horse steroids directly into his nipples
The rumor right now is that he'll drop it to Cena on July 4th, because :911:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a neat cape posted:

My feelings on the last two pages:

-Avocado rules
-Coconut is gross. So is ketchup and ranch.
-Fresh pineapple is delightful. Pineapple on pizza should be a war crime.
-President Bush wasn't that bad
-I miss Obama
-Lebron James is the best basketball player ever and better than Michael Jordon.

Discussion topic: Grapes are great but grape flavored poo poo is heinous

Hawaiian pizza is the poo poo you monster

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

President Bush was extremely bad actually also pineapple on pizza is good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Not all opinions created equal

Mine better than yours

Avocado is amazing

Bush was still bad

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Bush could've been worse

Hawaiian pizza good

Lol at the idea of piss tests for fake fighters

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bush was less bad than Trump but his badness was still quite bad

also lmbo

https://twitter.com/ITOmarHernandez/status/866680006591868928

also lol at the Cavs losing to the IT-less Celtics

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when Bush pretended to be a grunge band in the 90s

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Neil Armbong posted:

What it means is they're doing him a huge favor/rewarding him. He's getting paid for 3 months to not work, and then after that, he's getting let go with full severance -- usually a month's salary for every year at the company. He's being rewarded for being a good employee.

Spoeank posted:

His retirement is self-funded from investing a huge tech ipo that made him millions before the first dotcom bust. He's incredibly smart with his money and looked at this from every possible angle. There's no downside for him.

He was a very good employee and he wanted to retire last year but they asked him to do the project he just finished before retiring (he was fairly high up at a very well known tech company) so it was a very big thank you.

The only time he was unavailable to work was during 49ers games and tailgates. I'm happy for him he's definitely earned it. :unsmith:

I'm glad he's getting taken care of by his company. The switching to a lay off just sounded weird and I was hoping it wasn't some shady end run by the company.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I thought of u guys when I saw this at the art institute of Chicago

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I just saw that 538 calls their basketball probability score a "CARM-Elo" rating ffs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ostentatious posted:

Intruder posted:

Hawaiian pizza is poo poo you monster

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

I especially enjoy the pineapple pizza from dominoes and papa murphys

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have never had pineapple on pizza but I can understand the premise

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It's delicious

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Are the injustice games good? I loved smash brothers to the point that I competed in regional Meelee tournaments, but most other fighters like Soul Caliber are just too sluggish and boring for my tastes. I saw a twitch for injustice 2 and the fights looked fast, fluid and with more aerial components.

I didn't really play much of the first one, but I loving love this one. I'm also a huge DC Comics nerd so that is a factor in me loving this game.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

pubic works project posted:

I didn't really play much of the first one, but I loving love this one. I'm also a huge DC Comics nerd so that is a factor in me loving this game.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to be sent to land of wind and ghosts by a Hwaorang kick combo when Tekken 7 hits, lemme know.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

He sounds like a baller!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have never had pineapple on pizza but I can understand the premise

It's not amazing, but it's okay. Dumb loving meme, though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

Bush was less bad than Trump but his badness was still quite bad

also lmbo

https://twitter.com/ITOmarHernandez/status/866680006591868928

also lol at the Cavs losing to the IT-less Celtics

I know part of it is just wanting to dump on Trump, but the xenophobic reactions to that picture are dumb.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I know part of it is just wanting to dump on Trump, but the xenophobic reactions to that picture are dumb.

Considering Trump ran on a campaign of xenophobia the criticism feels deserved.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pineapple pizza is okay and hyperbolic reactions for or against it are bullshit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brunch on Sunday and they had grilled lobster pizza. I have decided after this and getting fried lobster in Mexico on a number of occasions that I'm officially prepared to declare war by saying

crab>lobster

fight me

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I dislike it but haven't divorced my wife for liking it yet

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I enjoy lobster and crab and shrimp, and pretty much most seafood. I am a fan of the ocean and the gifts it bestows into my tummy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

Brunch on Sunday and they had grilled lobster pizza. I have decided after this and getting fried lobster in Mexico on a number of occasions that I'm officially prepared to declare war by saying

crab>lobster

fight me

Crab uses to be the much more sought after dinner

My family in the 30s ate lobster all the time because they were everywhere around here

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I used to have 75 lobster pots with my friends for a few summers and we'd sell them to a fish market for only $3 a lb when we were in college. As students we could have up to 25 each. Bought the traps cheap off Craigslist and the mackerel and dogfish from these sketchy Chinese dudes way out in the middle no where.

Was a ton of fun drinking beers and ripping heaters out on the boat hauling traps, despite doing it by hand being brutal

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm jealous of a seafood upbringing but the ocean is terrifying so there's that. Crab just tastes better than lobster though. But I'm unimpressed with dungeness crab honestly, needs to be king or snow.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

I'm jealous of a seafood upbringing but the ocean is terrifying so there's that. Crab just tastes better than lobster though. But I'm unimpressed with dungeness crab honestly, needs to be king or snow.

100% agree with this post.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

kiimo posted:

A fresh boiled, then chilled, dungeness is so loving sweet and delicious. It's my fav crab, for sure.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think you can do more interesting things with Crab, but the quality and simplicity of cooking lobster leaves you with a very high floor.

You can gently caress up crab way easier then lobster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are there seafood purists who scoff at crab bags

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kiimo posted:

crab>lobster

fight me

Lobster is good but only in small bits. I can eat crab legs for days. Dungeness os good and unlike you poor plebes I can get it fresh all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I like lobster rolls, crab legs and soft shell crab sushi rolls. I like shrimp. I like all seafoods and all foods. Food is good.

• Locked thread