Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Basebf555 posted:

Snapping Jarvis like a twig is definitely going to be extremely satisfying for any fan of the movies. That dumb gently caress is responsible for like hundreds of deaths.

Doubly because its the part 6 Tommy and goddamn he was the worst (and also the one directly responsible for resurrecting Jason).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ComposerGuy posted:

Doubly because its the part 6 Tommy and goddamn he was the worst (and also the one directly responsible for resurrecting Jason).

Oh yea definitely. Corey Feldman Tommy was a little poo poo but full-grown oblivious moron Tommy is the one who really deserves to have his head squashed.

"Hey yea, I'll just work out my frustrations in this spooky graveyard by stabbing Jason repeatedly with this really long metal stake while a lighting storm is going on. I'll save a ton of money on therapy!"

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I always thought the most jarring thing the series ever did was between parts 5 and 6 and it all has to do with Tommy.

The actors portraying Tommy in those two films are *nothing* alike and they may as well be completely different characters based on how they're written.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
1 Week !
:getin:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Is it known if the PS4 version will be PSN store only? I'd like a disk copy if they have it.

e: oh their FAQ says it will exist but cost more *fart*

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 19, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What is the deal with the virtual cabin?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

It sucks because they never optimized it and left it to die.

E: unless you mean it updated or something

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Scalding Coffee posted:

As in what is it? It's a virtual museum of the in-game assets, There's different rooms for different things like the counselors, items and Jasons. The Jason room is neat because they give you some stuff to read up on in regards to that specific film, the creation of the character, etc. It's pretty anemic because the rest of the stuff is just sitting there to just look at, not even the counselors get a blurb of text. There's an outdoor area that has a car and small graveyard too, but not much to see there. It has some spoopy sounds that play randomly too.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Will there be cross-platform play at launch?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://twitter.com/Rontao13/status/861665788838785025
Never.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

s.i.r.e. posted:

As in what is it? It's a virtual museum of the in-game assets, There's different rooms for different things like the counselors, items and Jasons. The Jason room is neat because they give you some stuff to read up on in regards to that specific film, the creation of the character, etc. It's pretty anemic because the rest of the stuff is just sitting there to just look at, not even the counselors get a blurb of text. There's an outdoor area that has a car and small graveyard too, but not much to see there. It has some spoopy sounds that play randomly too.

I was tempted but I did not get the Virtual Cabin. Savini skin on the other hand: :gizz: :homebrew:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

(Mr. Biagio, apparently. Twitter is an interesting place)

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 20, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Now you can watch your hair do Herbal Essence level tricks while Jason chops your pubic bone in half!

https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/865611696639008773

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can't wait for the Tress FX.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought hair really didn't move all that much in the 80's.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought hair really didn't move all that much in the 80's.

How can it not when you have so much of it?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
god, this is going to be a hard week. Starting my self-induced coma now by smoking a bunch of weed and drinking a gallon of booze every day.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Snatch Duster posted:

god, this is going to be a hard week. Starting my self-induced coma now by smoking a bunch of weed and drinking a gallon of booze every day.

But what are you going to do this week?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

But what are you going to do this week?

Wait for my backerkit code to show up and then get bogged down when downloading the game because i cant preload.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Snatch Duster posted:

Wait for my backerkit code to show up and then get bogged down when downloading the game because i cant preload.

I have to work 3-11 through Sunday, so I'm pretty torque'ed up about this weekend. My Jason gameplay is going to be merciless - just FYI to anyone who plays with me around Friday.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

I don't think I've ever actually bought a game on steam on release day before. Will it be available at 12.01, or is it a bit more random than that?

Friday is clear for me, so I plan to fire that poo poo up. drink a bunch of beers and play a bunch of games.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I hope they have achievements for each counselor, so people would bother to try them out.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I hope I live to Friday. What a terrible week to die IRL.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

BeigeJacket posted:

I don't think I've ever actually bought a game on steam on release day before. Will it be available at 12.01, or is it a bit more random than that?

It varies. Paradox games usually release in late afternoon the day of release for instance.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

TOOT BOOT posted:

It varies. Paradox games usually release in late afternoon the day of release for instance.

Maybe backerkit backers will get it a day or two early? One can hope.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Scalding Coffee posted:

Can't wait for the Tress FX.

TresFX, TresFX, oooh lala

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm going to book a half day holiday for Friday if I can. Hahaha.
A middle aged man. Taking time off work. To play a video game.

Well worth it. :murder:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Me on Thursday night at 11:59 P.M. :

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Drunken Baker posted:

dang son taking time off work to enjoy your life

poo poo's verboten yo

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Drunken Baker posted:

Why not work the whole day in case the game itself somehow doesn't?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Me on Thursday night at 11:59 P.M. :

Gun Media said they won't be sending out backerkit codes early. No pre load and probably will have to wait till morning on the east coast.

Idk I might just buy a steam copy and gift the backerkit code to a friend.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

So hows this going to work? Will we have a private goon server set up with passwords and whatnot?

I can only play Friday, as my cousins coming up on Sat and is staying the weekend, and I've got to look after him. :smith:

BeigeJacket fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 22, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

BeigeJacket posted:

So hows this going to work? Will we have a private goon server set up with passwords and whatnot?

I can only play Friday, as my cousins coming up on Sat and is staying the weekend, and I've got to look after him. :smith:

We'll make a STEAM group - but we need to come up with an acceptable name.

Jason Goonhees?

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jason Goonhees?

Approved.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jason Goonhees?

Good enough

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jason Goonhees?
Friday the Goon's Day.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Why not create a discord server? Steam groups are ok, but I've had more luck with other games just dropping into discord chat and getting something setup.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Inside Out Mom posted:

Why not create a discord server? Steam groups are ok, but I've had more luck with other games just dropping into discord chat and getting something setup.

I do not know what discord is. I do not know what it does.

I am old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://discordapp.com/

Basically imagine mumble but a little more streamlined. It's free and you can make chat rooms for game related/ non game related. Makes it easier to find groups in the long run as in my experience with goon steam groups, they start out strong for a week then within a month the chat is dead and only niche groups remain. I have like 10 discord groups in my client and they're always active, vs the 30+ steam goon groups that never have active chat. That would be my recommendation and people are free to do what they want.

• Locked thread