Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dan Didio posted:

Pena also got into a bar fight and claimed her and her friend got jumped and then later it came out that her and her friend tried to break into a bar after hours and the staff beat the gently caress out of them, iirc.

Did the UFC fall into a time warp and turn into 1970s pro-wrestling? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

handsome only face posted:

Bisping was in the opening minutes of the new twin peaks

he even spoke!

'that's right'

handsome only face posted:

Stefan Struve as well I think

lol

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Here's a really bad article that I'm only linking to because the url's funny.

http://www.cagepotato.com/nasty-testicle-obliterating-details-emerge-from-julianna-penas-barroom-brawl-arrest/

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Ha, apparently Chris Weidman got involved in the scuffle to try and break it up and quickly changed his mind.

https://twitter.com/ChrisWeidmanUFC/status/866439764462911488

Bless him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cyborg would probably knock Weidman out considering his recent luck.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Cyborg would probably knock Weidman out considering his recent luck.

Weidman is still ranked, she wouldn't fight him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good point

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

bisping hurt his knee, couldn't come to work, and an evil spirit from the black lodge was released

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://gfycat.com/SmugBiodegradableBalloonfish

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i want rory back in the ufc

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Cyborg has been cited for battery

Can't believe de Randamie has cleared out the division already.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
cyborg is loving colossally dumb lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEBIxmQDhE

Couple of things

1. Ariel said Magana was rocked. Video says otherwise.
2. Title says there's a video of the punch but it's actually a video of the back of some dude and the sound of a punch.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

i want rory back in the ufc

Yah

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

cyborg is loving colossally dumb lol

All signs point to yes

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
But Mangana didn't hespect her.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Cyborg's voice is hilarious, how have i never heard her speak before

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Angela Magana deserved a lot worse than a punch for that post. Pressing charges after you talk poo poo and get slapped is pathetic.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
What did she say?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah totally, literally assaulting someone is totally fine if they made a mean comment on the internet

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

What did she say?

I think that she twweted that cyborg looks like the tricycle riding puppet from the "SAW" series of films.

Also, does anyone know of an example where a combat sports person was charged for assault/battery on a fellow athlete for extra curricular fisticuffs? If seen enough poo poo at media events/weigh ins at mma/boxing stuff over the years, I just don't recall anyone catching charges on it.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

empty whippet box posted:

Angela Magana deserved a lot worse than a punch for that post. Pressing charges after you talk poo poo and get slapped is pathetic.

Wrong

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

chaleski posted:

Yeah totally, literally assaulting someone is totally fine if they made a mean comment on the internet

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Eat This Glob posted:

I think that she twweted that cyborg looks like the tricycle riding puppet from the "SAW" series of films.

Lol

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Eat This Glob posted:

Wasn't it a bit more emotionally charged because the photo was of her touring a children's cancer hospital ward next door to her dad's hospital ward who was also dying of cancer.

Sure hitting people over comments is dumb but at the same time talk poo poo get hit, if she had apologised to Cyborg due to the context not being understood and Cyborg battered her mid apology then it might be off, but that's not what it looks like is happening.

If a Diaz did it no one would be complaining. Magana has shown herself to be an awful person a few times over so I'm glad people are standing up to her.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Cyborg's voice is hilarious, how have i never heard her speak before

Go watch Fight Valley, it's on Showtime. Hilariously bad, and you also get to see Miesha Tate and Holly Holm in it as well!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

Also, does anyone know of an example where a combat sports person was charged for assault/battery on a fellow athlete for extra curricular fisticuffs? If seen enough poo poo at media events/weigh ins at mma/boxing stuff over the years, I just don't recall anyone catching charges on it.

probably these kinds of things get smoothed over in different ways when businesses are involved, it doesnt really benefit anyone to have court cases and arrests hanging over them. or maybe u have a scenario like a "straightener" where you both agree to a street fight to settle differences, this kind of thing is a legal grey area in a lot of places. but this case is just assault cos cyborg got care mad at being trolled online

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Eat This Glob posted:

The only example I can think of is boxing where the Harlem Hammer sucker punched someone with his gloves off after losing a decision

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Also it's being discussed that Magana bought her fist up first, Cyborg on reflex leans back and let's one go.

https://gfycat.com/WeepyDirtyAlaskanmalamute

Can't really tell but it's certainly not clear. I do know that Magana is the kind of poo poo that screams "I can talk about whoever the gently caress I want!" and then cries that drama always follows her.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Yeah she's nuts. I remember that from the TUF season she was on.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Both parties can suck and be wrong, there doesn't have to be a clear right person in any given situation

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

willie_dee posted:

Also it's being discussed that Magana bought her fist up first, Cyborg on reflex leans back and let's one go.

https://gfycat.com/WeepyDirtyAlaskanmalamute

Can't really tell but it's certainly not clear. I do know that Magana is the kind of poo poo that screams "I can talk about whoever the gently caress I want!" and then cries that drama always follows her.

she probably hates drama and fake people!!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

empty whippet box posted:

You're a dumb motherfucker

willie_dee posted:

Wasn't it a bit more emotionally charged because the photo was of her touring a children's cancer hospital ward next door to her dad's hospital ward who was also dying of cancer.

Sure hitting people over comments is dumb but at the same time talk poo poo get hit, if she had apologised to Cyborg due to the context not being understood and Cyborg battered her mid apology then it might be off, but that's not what it looks like is happening.

If a Diaz did it no one would be complaining. Magana has shown herself to be an awful person a few times over so I'm glad people are standing up to her.

You too

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I don't think nearly enough people get the poo poo beaten out of them for saying stupid poo poo online. The upcoming legal battle will be the only time I've ever rooted for Cyborg.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Someone can be an unlikable lovely person and still not deserve to be assaulted

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

chaleski posted:

Someone can be an unlikable lovely person and still not deserve to be assaulted

Battered even

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Im surprised cyborg is in the ufc. shes never had a real fight . But I guess CM punk got a chance. whatever

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't get the outrage, Cyborg has been beating up on unranked 115 pounders for years. I'm surprised Ariel hasn't used this as more evidence of how she's the greatest female fighter alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
In retrospect though I will go back and say that Cyborg could have beaten Rousey

• Locked thread