Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
HAHA! Power Girl to the Flash "You can't handle this much woman." I wish the share button on my controoler wasn't stuck and actually worked so I can record it. 0 as of now it just records when it wants to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

FunkMonkey posted:

poo poo, 30/30 already? Yeah, I think we're out of luck. We'll have to be ready for the next one.

The boss battle stuff is cause conflict, I think. There's only so many clears and people can get locked out easy in a day. Although, if you reeeeaally want a shot at a boss you can do the rest of the multiverse levels.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
We should probably sort ourselves into little teams and say team x only does the boss x number of times

Really you only need 1 guy who can actually fight the boss and 2 guys just to hang out and get loot

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Swamp Thing: You cannot beat nature.
Green Arrow: I guess you skipped my origin story.

I look at this and then I look at Marvel Omega and just sigh at the gulf between the banter.

edit: OH poo poo

Dr. Fate: Order shall prevail.
Green Arrow: You reeeeeally need to get laid.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 23, 2017

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

WarEternal posted:

Well, yes, if you EX them then generally they are safe.

e: If anyone wants to play some in about 20 mins, I'm Demmonaz on PSN.

Safe, sure, some, but plus on block is pretty silly

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jimmy Hats posted:

We should probably sort ourselves into little teams and say team x only does the boss x number of times

Really you only need 1 guy who can actually fight the boss and 2 guys just to hang out and get loot

It's not really bothering me much, but if it gets to that point then I'd be down.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Saint Freak posted:

I think it's more of a 'Superman will never be cool' problem

Grape Flavour superman when you give him the bizarro shader is pretty dope.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Superman has a low laser normal that's input with b2. He also has a string that incorporates that attack but the command to do it is now d2 for some reason.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm legit curious to see how more hardcore fighting gamers react to this. At this point, as someone who is garbage but likes fighting games, this might be my favorite since MKII, and I know that's a loaded statement.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 23, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Reaction seems positive so far. I haven't seen anyone say they dislike it yet.

The huge tournament circuit is doing a good job of generating interest from people who otherwise wouldn't give a poo poo I think.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Im gonna try and join the new ps4 goon thing.

Hopefully it's not also full.

Windsurferash2

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Grey Fox posted:

I'm legit curious to see how more hardcore fighting gamers react to this.

Like the other NRS games, a lot of people whose main games aren't NRS games will play it for a while, and within a year it will only be the NRS scene and 6 months after that they won't show up to tournaments either and will be waiting for MK11 which comes out April/May 2019.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Decided to swap over to a different goon guild (Dark Empire) as YureiKuma if I could get an approval.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

FunkMonkey posted:

Pretty sure there's a menu option for it?

There is not. You can go back to character select but not reset. Unless I'm blind.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Goon Patrol really making me upset. We have 50 members, but only about a dozen people are actively doing guild stuff. Get your poo poo together Goon Patrol!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

There is not. You can go back to character select but not reset. Unless I'm blind.

Wow that's kind of horseshit, I thought I saw it in a stream, sorry.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Seymour Butts posted:

Goon Patrol really making me upset. We have 50 members, but only about a dozen people are actively doing guild stuff. Get your poo poo together Goon Patrol!

I just left it, its still at open join, so it seems like a lot of the people are not actually goons, and a lot are sitting at 0 contribution so ehhhh.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Grey Fox posted:

Swamp Thing: You cannot beat nature.
Green Arrow: I guess you skipped my origin story.

I look at this and then I look at Marvel Omega and just sigh at the gulf between the banter.

edit: OH poo poo

Dr. Fate: Order shall prevail.
Green Arrow: You reeeeeally need to get laid.

Green Arrow is loving ruthless.

Goon Lantern Corps is pretty good about doing Guild Multiverse stuff considering we only started about two days ago. I look forward to seeing how it goes next week. If it's not going great and we have some goons more interested in that type of content, I second whoever mentioned possibly moving guild members around. I don't want to tell people how they should play the game, but, uhm, I want loot boxes.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Actually, I just realized that I'm an officer in Goon Patrol. I just made it private and I'm kicking everyone out that has not contributed any guild points. If you would like to join, the ID is WCDJA, say something goony in the request.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Meridian posted:

Green Arrow is loving ruthless.

Goon Lantern Corps is pretty good about doing Guild Multiverse stuff considering we only started about two days ago. I look forward to seeing how it goes next week. If it's not going great and we have some goons more interested in that type of content, I second whoever mentioned possibly moving guild members around. I don't want to tell people how they should play the game, but, uhm, I want loot boxes.

I figure if we wait another week then we'll probably be down to 50 or less people total who actually give a poo poo about the guild multiverse stuff and can amalgamate.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Seymour Butts posted:

Granted, I do the guild stuff because that's the point of joining a guild, but even with my measily 2100 GP (some of you mofos have like 3500+ wtf), I can totally understand why people just aren't that into it. Shits pretty lame. All of the gimmicks are annoying as hell, and I'd rather they just up the difficulty without throwing in dumb poo poo like POWER OF ZOOM or penguin missiles.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is Guild Multiverse? Is it just doing Multiverse while in a guild?

Edit: OK I finally looked at the guild page and saw that option!

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 23, 2017

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fadam posted:

Have you guys actually found any cosmetics worth using? Everything I've found so far has looked really tacky and lovely. Like, why would I want to ruin Superman's iconic costume by slapping a bunch of dumb metal plates onto it?

I hope they add more premiere skins. Those are rad.

Harley's classic costume and the Kingdom Come superman shield. And much better masks for Batman. And the Nightwing outfit for Robin.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

a lot of generic gear can def be sorted into the bin of "metal plates and dumb headbands" but a lot of non-kryptonian characters get ill poo poo. Joker gets to cosplay with all sorts of punk and circus poo poo, Batman has truckloads of different looks and armors, Atrocitus literally becomes satan and/or eldritch horrors. Green Lantern seems to have an infinite closet of groovy poo poo.

low end of the spectrum is definitely superman/girl's regal attire bullshit and probably Cheetah's garbage.

I even like the dumb low level stuff that barely adds anything except for metal plates and poo poo.

Feels like I'm 90s-ifying the characters, and am now Rob Liefeld.

I think every character should have a 90s Premier skin that just gives them pouches and that weird headband thing Shaft from Youngblood wore.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xeremides posted:

2100 GP (some of you mofos have like 3500+ wtf),

Guild multiverse is separate and more difficult from the regular multiverse stuff. Also you can contribute guild points from doing just about anything- online multiplayer, guild multiverse, single player multiverse, etc. Just playing helps unlock more stuff for everybody.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

Xeremides posted:

Granted, I do the guild stuff because that's the point of joining a guild, but even with my measily 2100 GP (some of you mofos have like 3500+ wtf), I can totally understand why people just aren't that into it. Shits pretty lame. All of the gimmicks are annoying as hell, and I'd rather they just up the difficulty without throwing in dumb poo poo like POWER OF ZOOM or penguin missiles.

I can deal with the damaging environmental hazards, but the Power of Zoom and effects that tilt and flip the camera can take a hike.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Those are made for AI. gently caress those modes.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Guild multiverse is separate and more difficult from the regular multiverse stuff. Also you can contribute guild points from doing just about anything- online multiplayer, guild multiverse, single player multiverse, etc. Just playing helps unlock more stuff for everybody.

Right, but we need people to play guild MV specifically in order to get perks. I'm just saying that I can understand why people don't because it sucks most of the time.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Just wanted to say holy loving poo poo AI grinding. Thank you to all of you who suggested this. It's like watching ballet compared to me.

PS: Batman Fett skin best skin.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jimmy Hats posted:

I figure if we wait another week then we'll probably be down to 50 or less people total who actually give a poo poo about the guild multiverse stuff and can amalgamate.

Big ol' PS4 party chat to figure it out this weekend then!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I give a poo poo about guild stuff please keep me in the loop.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Canary: I'm going to shove my fist up your-
Bane: What are you waiting for?

I haven't been able to play for a few days unfortunately.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Grem posted:

Big ol' PS4 party chat to figure it out this weekend then!

We need a discord.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

Canary: I'm going to shove my fist up your-
Bane: What are you waiting for?

Harley: Jaime said there'd be ring girls
Bane: Surely he was pulling your leg
Harley: At least there's an announcer

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I kind of want to pick this game up but realistically I'm waiting for Red Hood.

But an announcement of Constantine being added would probably put me over the top, how likely is that?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Spoke with the gents over at GoonsGarden and they were cool with us setting up a NRS/Injustice channel. Here's the invite code:

https://discord.gg/h3tZMt2

DLC if you want to add that to the OP, that'd be awesome. Come hang out.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

I kind of want to pick this game up but realistically I'm waiting for Red Hood.

But an announcement of Constantine being added would probably put me over the top, how likely is that?

mildly low. He has a real chance since he had a recent tv show and was in Justice League Dark but he probably wont since "Con man rear end in a top hat douchebag with magic who cons and tricks his opponents" doesn't translate well into a fighting game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zatanna was in Injustice. I hope she comes back

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Roth posted:

I even like the dumb low level stuff that barely adds anything except for metal plates and poo poo.

Feels like I'm 90s-ifying the characters, and am now Rob Liefeld.

I think every character should have a 90s Premier skin that just gives them pouches and that weird headband thing Shaft from Youngblood wore.

Superman has clearly embraced his inner Gambit this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

MrJacobs posted:

mildly low. He has a real chance since he had a recent tv show and was in Justice League Dark but he probably wont since "Con man rear end in a top hat douchebag with magic who cons and tricks his opponents" doesn't translate well into a fighting game.

I mean they added a guy whose main power is spooking people really hard with spooky gas so I'd say Conman Detective with a gun and magic powers probably would work.

I'm just looking for more Constantine exposure honestly. Red Hood and Dr. Fate are really my main pulls at this time though so maybe I'll pick the game up tomorrow.

• Locked thread