Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I'd consider it an epic win if my internet post made someone so mad they punched me in the face and went to prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Novum posted:

In retrospect though I will go back and say that Cyborg could have beaten Rousey

i really doubt it

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

chaleski posted:

Someone can be an unlikable lovely person and still not deserve to be assaulted

Nah

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Cyborg is and always was a freakshow fighter, even less actually competitive than butterbean, cuz Superheavyweight existed for awhile here and there. No org has ever had legit competition for cyborg. Shes bad and its bad that I have to read about her in the ufc thread

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
magana's worst crime is being thirsty for attention and acting like a bully. she's not likeable but that doesn't warrant an assault imo

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Marching Powder posted:

I'd consider it an epic win if my internet post made someone so mad they punched me in the face and went to prison.

What if they punched you but got off scott free and then everyone on the internet made fun of you?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Being Angela Magana is a worse fate than being punched by Cyborg imo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Magana sucks but imagine defending Cyborg ever.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Run your mouth in public the way you do online and marvel at how quickly the world changes around you

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

willie_dee posted:

Also it's being discussed that Magana bought her fist up first, Cyborg on reflex leans back and let's one go.

https://gfycat.com/WeepyDirtyAlaskanmalamute

Can't really tell but it's certainly not clear. I do know that Magana is the kind of poo poo that screams "I can talk about whoever the gently caress I want!" and then cries that drama always follows her.

If Magana faked a punch it kind of kills the assault charge, or possibly any charge, although she was still cited for battery. If she didn't physically threaten Cyborg, misdemeanor battery sounds about right.

However, the only thing the TMZ video shows is that someone else was recording it with a better angle. Bec Rawlings is a horrible cameraman.

Anyway if I recall correctly, Jeremy Stephens and a friend beat the poo poo out of a dude outside of a bar, then supposedly dragged that person out of his car as he tried to escape to keep wailing on him, sending him to the hospital in critical condition, and he received no punishment from the UFC. They even tried to post bail to keep him on a fight card. This didn't happen at a company retreat though, and was under ye olde Zuffa management, so who knows.

I don't expect Cyborg to get fired over this unless they wanted to fire her anyway, which is entirely possible given how the state of the women's Featherweight division.

The weirdest thing to me is how Magana is still under contract. I know she's officially only 0-2 in the UFC, but she may be the first person to technically lose five straight fights (if you include TUF) and still have a job in the UFC.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gay Horney posted:

Run your mouth in public the way you do online and marvel at how quickly the world changes around you

Lol you sound like the comments section of a news article about brexit

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Gay Horney posted:

I'm sure professional fighters are shocked to find out that talking trash could lead to physical confrontation

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

Lol you sound like the comments section of a news article about brexit

I can see why a discussion about getting punched in the face for being a retard online would be a source of great alarm for you

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If you punch someone who is 3 divisions smaller than you because they essentially called you ugly, then you probably should be charged with something.

Also, Tyrone Woodley meets Maia at the retreat

https://twitter.com/PROcast/status/866056957001580544

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Here's Magana's instagram post with the Saw puppet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTbhahclA8N/

If this results in Cyborg being banished to Rizin freakshows then Angela Magana has my full support.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

I can see why a discussion about getting punched in the face for being a retard online would be a source of great alarm for you

Lol embarrassing

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

I don't think you're meant to do your internet posts in person while wearing your uniform when someone's not even under arrest though.
On topic: uh, #YourQueen

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the only rising freakshow i want these two retards involved in is tied to a dirigible so they never have to be heard from again

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

If this results in Cyborg being banished to Rizin freakshows then Angela Magana has my full support.

don't post this dishespectful poo poo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the only rising freakshow i want these two retards involved in is tied to a dirigible so they never have to be heard from again

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

She'd be signed by Bellator within a day.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Rigel posted:

If you punch someone who is 3 divisions smaller than you because they essentially called you ugly, then you probably should be charged with something.

Cool video. Hope Maia will actually get the title shot.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
demian has the best smile :allears:

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I think uninstigated sick burns making fun of people's looks are pretty lovely, when the person whose looks are being judged is a woman it's a bit shittier, and when said woman is being photographed entertaining cancer children I think we've moved to a pretty deep level of lovely.

She still didn't deserve to get punched, but goddamn, she is a really crappy person.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Eat This Glob posted:

I think that she twweted that cyborg looks like the tricycle riding puppet from the "SAW" series of films.

Lol

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Eat This Glob posted:

I think that she twweted that cyborg looks like the tricycle riding puppet from the "SAW" series of films.

I take everything back this should be protected speech

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Eat This Glob posted:

Angela Magana is good now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I think uninstigated sick burns making fun of people's looks are pretty lovely, when the person whose looks are being judged is a woman it's a bit shittier, and when said woman is being photographed entertaining cancer children I think we've moved to a pretty deep level of lovely.

She still didn't deserve to get punched, but goddamn, she is a really crappy person.

QQ more

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Carry a kid with leukemia around in your backpack to ward off online trolls

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Dan Didio posted:

Angela Magana is good now.

Let's not get too crazy here

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Rigel posted:

:)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

I.N.R.I posted:

Carry a kid with leukemia around in your backpack to ward off online trolls

Do or do not, there is no cry

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think its bad to make fun of people and be rude to them, except if its funny, then its good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cyborg was probably buddying up to that kid to steal his piss

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

The 2 consecutive least newsworthy fighters make news

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Magana isnt wrong, the resemblance is uncanny.
Cyborg wasnt wrong to punch her
Police weren't wrong to arrest her
Magana isnt wrong to press charges

Hth

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They were all wrong, especially posting "hth".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

They were all wrong, especially posting "hth".

Nah, the only thing wrong in your posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

Nah, the only thing wrong in your posting.

brutal

• Locked thread