Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Eric Abetz posted:

Tasmanian Liberal Senator Eric Abetz has welcomed the Government’s commitment to free speech with its announcement on reforming the Australian Human Rights Commission and section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.

Senator Abetz has been a long-time advocate of reforming section 18C, advocating for change dating as far back as 2011 and annoucing in 2015 that he would cross the floor on the issue.

“Freedom of speech is a fundamental virtue underpinning the very fabric of Australian society. Under the current law, we’ve seen an out of control regulator limiting this fundamental right by trying to stop Facebook posts and restrict freedom of the press,” Senator Abetz said today.

“These common-sense reforms will go a long way to ensuring that Australians can engage in free speech while maintaining protections against racially motivated harassment and intimidation.”

“I am also pleased that the Government will rein in the Australian Human Rights Commission which has morphed into self-appointed thought police.”

“Without these reforms, we could see a repeat of the infamous QUT case where four students were prosecuted through tribunals and courts for four years at huge expense just to be found innocent.”

“Today’s announcement will be welcomed by Australians who prioritise freedom of speech above politically correct left-wing groupthink,” Senator Abetz concluded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I roll charisma against Adani

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

The Hun posted:

There, Mr Erickson called on Premier Daniel Andrews to be subpoenaed and appear at the hearing when it returns to court.

Mr Erickson told Deputy Chief Magistrate Jelena Popovic police had “hardly any evidence” against them and called on the case to be dismissed.

Ms Popovic said Mr Andrews would only attend the hearing if it was established there was a probity reason for him to attend.

Mr Erikson said he would also call on Victoria Police Commissioner Graham Ashton to appear at the hearing.

“They are corrupted. They have pushed for this case. They have pushed for us to be at court today. I think it’s a conspiracy against right-wing politics and conservative values
I won't subject anyone to a Hun link, but the UPF trio's case was being heard today and, in true dickhead style, they were making themselves look like idiots in court. Sadly we'll have to wait till September for more of their circus act.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Anidav posted:

I roll charisma against Adani

You roll a 1. Queensland will continue to suck because you fail.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

I won't subject anyone to a Hun link, but the UPF trio's case was being heard today and, in true dickhead style, they were making themselves look like idiots in court. Sadly we'll have to wait till September for more of their circus act.

Speaking of crazy shows in court at Melbourne. Rebel Wilsons case is going in strange directions.

https://twitter.com/s_deery/status/866842956132569090

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I summon unlimited water

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Anidav posted:

I summon unlimited water

Critical failure, Queensland water lacks fluoride.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

I summon :scrunt:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Anidav posted:

I summon unlimited water

Sea levels are now rising fast. Melbourne is going under water

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I roll intimidation on abortion laws

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

God damned snitches

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Hmmm.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bogan King posted:

What the gently caress, that's my house in the water.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JBP posted:

Look at this Boomer with water views complaining :rolleyes:

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Bogan King posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKp8W1jBuHw

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

IT CAN CREATE LIGHT

AND JOBS

AND GROWTH

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/866867333221949440

Not sure who is more burnt here.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/s_deery/status/866832220308226048

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Obeid is losing his pension by the look of things [ABC].

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
IT CAAAAAAAME

FROM DOMAAAAAAAAIN...'s owners opinion pages

http://www.smh.com.au/business/motley-fool/what-if-property-isnt-as-expensive-as-we-think-20170522-gwar4o.html

What if property isn’t as expensive as we think?

Put down those smashed avocados and grab your pitchforks. Warm up the tar and gather the feathers. I'm about to suggest something that may well see me banned from inner-city cafes for life.

What if housing really isn't as expensive as it seems?

What? Are you mad? Haven't you seen the record prices? The mortgage stress? Another bloody Baby Boomer telling us to stop eating out and save our money?

Before I get started, then, a disclaimer: I'm not a Boomer. I'm Gen X (remember us?). And I have a mortgage, and kids who'll someday need to buy their own places. And I'm not going to suggest property is cheap, or even that it's worth buying.

But it occurred to me recently that, looked at logically, it just might not be as expensive as you think.

It then goes on about how interest rates being low means property is cheaper compared to when it was cheaper for the block but interest rates were high. This is based on no math but a quote from Warren Buffett.

Here is said genius, an investment spruiker: http://www.fool.com.au/author/scottphillips/

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Record low interest rates are the only thing keeping monthly repayments down and can't do anything about the record high cost of a deposit but things are fine because

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Holy poo poo this bloke is guaranteeing your investment in property as being of value because of the low interest rates, then adding don't worry about rises, the RBA won't do that because it will cause undue mortgage stress.

What on loving earth.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

Don't worry, they'll build levees - paid for by scrapping Centrelink payments.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Starshark posted:

Don't worry, they'll build levees - paid for by scrapping Centrelink payments.

So it'll be a levee levy?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

JBP posted:

Holy poo poo this bloke is guaranteeing your investment in property as being of value because of the low interest rates, then adding don't worry about rises, the RBA won't do that because it will cause undue mortgage stress.

What on loving earth.

I like the bit where he compares to 2008 and 2010 (ie recent peaks) rather than the long-term average or trend.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The man who vowed to financially support Adani’s Carmichael coal project while Premier of Queensland, Campbell Newman, says the Palaszczuk government’s inability to make a decision over the project was a “towering disgrace”.

Mr Newman, who was Queensland premier between March 2012 and February 2015, and said the Labor party’s lack of support for Adani was a sign it was failing its working class constituency.

“This is a towering disgrace by the Australian Labor Party and it shows they have completely lost the plot about who they really represent,” he said.

“The branding is the Australian Labor Party but they don’t represent blue collar workers and their interests any more, they are totally selling them out, and particularly people from the Left (faction) like Deputy Premier Jackie Trad should be ashamed of themselves, they live and work among and speak for inner city elites, the hard left green activists.”

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

The Before Times posted:

:golfclap:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Before Times posted:

That's enough levee levy levity.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hooman posted:

thats some levee levy levity showing brevity

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

hooman posted:

Leave it alone

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is why you people can't effectively communicate with working Australians.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

This is why you people can't effectively communicate with working Australians.

Did you mean "youse people"?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Click the pic!

Go on! Click the pic!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Why is Rebel Wilson in court?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

“I will also seek to establish at Senate Estimates whether Ms Abdel Magied’s government appointed mentor was consulted on these latest dissembling comments,” Senator Abetz concluded.

What the gently caress is a government appointed mentor

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Why is Rebel Wilson in court?

Womans Day called her a liar. That caused her to get fired from her gig in Hollywood and get completely blackballed by the industry so she has had no more work since. Given how crazy she's going it's probably going to come out that she thinks (((Jews))) run Womans Day as well as Hollywood and that is why she isn't getting work anymore.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bogan King posted:

Click the pic!

Go on! Click the pic!

Jeeeeesus loving Christ.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Bogan King posted:

Click the pic!

Go on! Click the pic!

Ahahahahaha get hosed.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

Womans Day called her a liar. That caused her to get fired from her gig in Hollywood and get completely blackballed by the industry so she has had no more work since. Given how crazy she's going it's probably going to come out that she thinks (((Jews))) run Womans Day as well as Hollywood and that is why she isn't getting work anymore.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bogan King posted:

Click the pic!

Go on! Click the pic!

Oh my loving God

• Locked thread