Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why didn't they just go with different capes for Superman as headwear instead of the monumentally stupid looking chinstrap things
Also how do I get the kryptonite battlesuit Batman was wearing at the end of storymode there? Just luck of the draw? It looks super cool. I assume if you chose Superman he also puts on a suit like that except it's implied that it pipes solar energy directly into his guts right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Zatanna was in Injustice. I hope she comes back

They said no DLC from 1 is coming.

Count Bleck posted:

I mean they added a guy whose main power is spooking people really hard with spooky gas so I'd say Conman Detective with a gun and magic powers probably would work.

I'm just looking for more Constantine exposure honestly. Red Hood and Dr. Fate are really my main pulls at this time though so maybe I'll pick the game up tomorrow.

Actually they just added an excuse to have Freddy Kruger in the game.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Why didn't they just go with different capes for Superman as headwear instead of the monumentally stupid looking chinstrap things
Also how do I get the kryptonite battlesuit Batman was wearing at the end of storymode there? Just luck of the draw? It looks super cool. I assume if you chose Superman he also puts on a suit like that except it's implied that it pipes solar energy directly into his guts right?

They did. There are capes with the headgear and various capes without it.

Kryptonite suit is an Epic so it is totally luck of the Draw. I have the cowl and legs but only because I did some multiverse poo poo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

MrJacobs posted:

They did. There are capes with the headgear and various capes without it.

Kryptonite suit is an Epic so it is totally luck of the Draw. I have the cowl and legs but only because I did some multiverse poo poo.

I got the cowl just from beating storymode so I hope I eventually pull all the pieces

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Calaveron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD251kWCAJ4

There's piping, but it's something more sinister than sunlight...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For what is worth, a multiverse challenge has Constantine lending a hand and he does show up on of the arcade ladder endings.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I'd like to see Ra's Al Ghul, Azrael or a Knightfall skin and Martian Manhunter.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MrJacobs posted:

Actually they just added an excuse to have Freddy Kruger in the game.

Freddy will be a Premier Skin for Scarecrow actually. Scarecrow's hook is just a really long wiggly arm with his claw hand at the end of it.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Freddy will be a Premier Skin for Scarecrow actually. Scarecrow's hook is just a really long wiggly arm with his claw hand at the end of it.

He had better have the "welcome to prime time, Bitch!" from Elm Street 3 as a clash dialogue.

Hell the clash dialogue alone would be amazing, and I really hate guest characters in fighting games.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

MrJacobs posted:

mildly low. He has a real chance since he had a recent tv show and was in Justice League Dark but he probably wont since "Con man rear end in a top hat douchebag with magic who cons and tricks his opponents" doesn't translate well into a fighting game.
Constantine has plenty of tools besides manipulation. Gold knuckles for punches, his legs to dick kick or oval office punt, his revolver, holy water bombs, his holy shotgun, and that flamethrower thing he has. On top of that, his special ability could be drawing non-egyptian inspired seals or sigils in the air that grant random status buffs to self or debuffs to enemies. His ult could be summoning Trigon, whispering into his ear while pointing at you, after which he'll lean against something, light up a ciggy, take a drag, and grin as Trigon mollywhops the everliving poo poo out your enemy.

All else fails, he'd be a dope premier skin for Dr. Fate.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Xeremides posted:

Constantine has plenty of tools besides manipulation. Gold knuckles for punches, his legs to dick kick or oval office punt, his revolver, holy water bombs, his holy shotgun, and that flamethrower thing he has. On top of that, his special ability could be drawing non-egyptian inspired seals or sigils in the air that grant random status buffs to self or debuffs to enemies. His ult could be summoning Trigon, whispering into his ear while pointing at you, after which he'll lean against something, light up a ciggy, take a drag, and grin as Trigon mollywhops the everliving poo poo out your enemy.

All else fails, he'd be a dope premier skin for Dr. Fate.

Can he fly? If so I would totally enjoy him as a Fate Skin.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
In the last animated movie Constantine is just like straight up a Zatanna-magician

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder how much of Red Hood's gear is going to be parts from the Arkham Knight armor.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

WarEternal posted:

Someone play matches w/ me, PSN: Demmonaz.

Oh if that was you who sent me invite ealier in the day should mentioned you were a goon. I saw random invite no explanation so just kinda let it sit.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

I wonder how much of Red Hood's gear is going to be parts from the Arkham Knight armor.

Have they confirmed gear for DLC chars?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Evil Canadian posted:

Oh if that was you who sent me invite ealier in the day should mentioned you were a goon. I saw random invite no explanation so just kinda let it sit.

Yeah, no big deal. Next time.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

MrJacobs posted:

The whole game is based around it. I can't imagine that the new characters won't come with a fuckton of gear.
Premier skins are less likely.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MrJacobs posted:

Yes. They explicitly have confirmed DLC characters get full suites of gear just like the base game ones.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

MrJacobs posted:

mildly low. He has a real chance since he had a recent tv show and was in Justice League Dark but he probably wont since "Con man rear end in a top hat douchebag with magic who cons and tricks his opponents" doesn't translate well into a fighting game.

Summons demons/friends/Detective Chimps as special moves, seems just as easy to pull off as "guy that shoots arrow" and "lady that screams."

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

skip the middle man, just add detective chimp

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Constantine will suck poo poo but his trait cuts 30s from the round timer and he has 2000 hp

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Xeremides posted:

It has been an established trait of the character for more than 25 years that John Constantine could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He routinely loses fistfights with completely ordinary people.

He'd be a great protagonist for a series of horror games with a heavy investigation element, but he's totally out of place in a fighting game.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Wanderer posted:

It has been an established trait of the character for more than 25 years that John Constantine could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He routinely loses fistfights with completely ordinary people.

He'd be a great protagonist for a series of horror games with a heavy investigation element, but he's totally out of place in a fighting game.

That's an easy fix.

INT: CONSTANTINE'S OFFICE

BATMAN
Constantine. I need you. Your magic.

CONSTANTINE
Sounds good, mate.

BATMAN
Here, take these pills. They make you good at punching.

CONSTANTINE
Thanks.

FIN

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Wanderer posted:

This, it's been this way since Vertigo and it's why I like him as a character. A Constantine game could be amazing, but not in this genre.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So what are guild credits?

Edit: Also Firestorm is the lamest character in this entire series

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 23, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

He was in the Flash show so you'll take him and like him mister.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Honestly, Firestorm in this game made me interested in checking out his comics. His concept is interesting.

He's more appealing to me than Atrocitus ever was.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The version I saw on that show was better :colbert:

Speaking of which, I just saw Firestorm's intro against Green Arrow where he has the worst puns, and Green Arrow's reaction is just, "Excuse me?" which matched my own

Edit: And the voice he does in the story ending is just ridiculous. Also I guess they just killed millions of people by accident

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 23, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Roth posted:

Honestly, Firestorm in this game made me interested in checking out his comics. His concept is interesting.

He's more appealing to me than Atrocitus ever was.

He's one of those "basically loving unstoppable but that would be narratively uninteresting" characters. Like if Firestorm was in Marvel he'd be called in to punch out Galactus.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
A bunch of folks left Goon Patrol, which is now set to Private, so we can refill the ranks with just our folks.

WCDJA

Edit: on PS4 I should clarify.
Double Edit: I mean Open, not Free Join or Private.

Doctor_Acula fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 23, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

This game did a great job of reminding me how much I hate fighting games.

I wanted to help our guild out so I went and tried the "Near Bliss" multiverse task we have. Breezed my way through the entire lineup as Catwoman until I get to Firestorm at the very end. This is when the AI decides to cheat and for an hour and a half knowing how and when, frame-perfectly, to counter every single move I can pull off and maybe let me take off a full bar of health... twice? Maybe? Yeah, after that experience and the fact you can't switch out characters or gear without losing the entire run, I've decided I still hate fighting games.

So all that said, which character is the best for people like me who cannot penetrate poo poo like jump and throw cancels to save their life or do whatever else burns a bar? Or should I just stay away forever and stick to Power Stone?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 23, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just did that multiverse challenge too. I thought it was all right.

Also Catwoman's trait is called Cat-Lateral Damage, I think I might main her just for that

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 23, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kelp Plankton posted:

skip the middle man, just add detective chimp

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just did that multiverse challenge too. I thought it was all right.
I should have streamed it so you could see what I had to deal with. I'm convinced it was glitched, since I can beat a Hard difficulty Firestorm just fine.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Golden Age Catwoman shader doesn't work without the long dress and Selina's 50s-tastic long hair.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seeing stuff like Constantine and Etrigan as "helper" mentions in certain Multiverse levels crushes me a little bit because it leads me to suspect that's all they'll get

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Okay apparently that 1.5 hours of being completely wrecked by Firestorm has turned me into a Catwoman badass and everything else I'm fighting is melting to my power. I have a headache though, so I don't know if it was worth it.

I got her move where she calls a cat to help and I kinda can't help but keep playing now :3

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

seeing stuff like Constantine and Etrigan as "helper" mentions in certain Multiverse levels crushes me a little bit because it leads me to suspect that's all they'll get

I mean, there are Canary and Ivy and etc. helpers too. You can even Canary vs Canary with Canary helper.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Okay apparently that 1.5 hours of being completely wrecked by Firestorm has turned me into a Catwoman badass and everything else I'm fighting is melting to my power. I have a headache though, so I don't know if it was worth it.

I got her move where she calls a cat to help and I kinda can't help but keep playing now :3

I went to the move list and it even says "Cat-cel" instead of Cancel. I know I was just making fun of Firestorm's bad puns but I approve of this

Edit: Holy poo poo I am glad I beat that vertigo level challenge in one try because I suffer from vertigo in real life and if I get that poo poo again I will probably have to lie down

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

They did one with Raven like that recently where she just uses one of her attacks from the first game. I won't give up hope until all the DLC is announced.

• Locked thread