Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dartonus posted:

Just have a ship, probably one of your scouts, in the Defense mode when it enters a node. I always pick the capture option on that quest because getting that Medium ship that early lets you just roll over the minor factions in land invasions.

Note that it's fast - 11 or so movement iirc. You'll want to predict where it goes, not try to chase it down.

Well drat, looks like I'll need to build another scout then- me am not good at prediction :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It flies around randomly so you can just find a choke point and wait.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Clarste posted:

It flies around randomly so you can just find a choke point and wait.

Yeah, this is what I'm gonna try and do, but it's going to take forever to catch up to it at this rate (I didn't know it flies all over the place:downs:)

Also, can you switch heroes in the Senate? Just recruited this Vodyani chick who looks way cooler than the brute I start with.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No, I believe the first leader of a party always becomes the Senator. It actually has gameplay relevance too, since some hero abilities have effects when they're in the Senate.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Clarste posted:

No, I believe the first leader of a party always becomes the Senator. It actually has gameplay relevance too, since some hero abilities have effects when they're in the Senate.

Yeah, that's why I want the Vodyani to be a Senator- she's got this skill (admittedly, one kind of deep in the tree) that increases FIDS across the Empire if she's a Senator. Oh well :(

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a way to switch up where your ships are in a flotilla? I want them ALL in the middle so i can barrage forever.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Drag and drop to move ships.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Onean posted:

Drag and drop to move ships.

Where?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Click Advanced in the battle set up screen. You need a certain amount of CP in the fleet tho

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Which galaxy settings are you guys using? It seems the release patch made constellations a lot bigger for me. I usually run many constellations with high density.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm sure I heard the Harmony get mentioned by at least one of the other minor fluff in the game.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm just going to leave this here:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I still can't figure out how to get past Chapter 4 of the UE quest. There is no way to build "Mount of Zelevas".

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Yeah ok, gently caress the Riftborn Stasis Singularity.

The tech costs 2x what any of the Endless techs do. IE, right off the bat, you could be over halfway to a science victory (if you get the Endless science tech first) in the time it takes to research. Trying to rush it, I got it around turn 140.

The thing itself costs 15000 Dust, and 5 of each of the endgame strategics (purple, green) to build. It's a little hard to tell since the AI is kind of terrible, but based on completely loving a Vodyani player with it by catching his 30 CP fleet, it is a pretty insurmountable "I win" button- especially since I had more than enough income to throw out 3 at a time, continuously. It just comes about 60 turns too late to matter.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Beta patch is out on steam.

quote:

Patch Notes [1.0.4]
[WIP]

Please note that the following are still WIP
Destroying a gas planet is not going to trigger the cinematic – The FX will be visible in the galaxy view though
AI pondering feedback in the negotiation screen is WIP

[FIXES]
Fixed an issue with the Cravers Prime ship skin: it can now be used in custom factions with the Cravers affinity
Fixed an issue with the Implant Beacon battle action which was unavailable because the fleet was erroneously considered "busy"
Fixed an issue with the end of turn timer not resolving encounters
Fixed an issue in multiplayer where players remained stuck in the loading screen after quitting to main menu if they used custom factions created by the host
Fixed an issue with custom factions that couldn’t be created with more than 7 faction traits in Multiplayer
Fixed some diplomacy localisation lines for Custom Factions
Fixed an issue with minor factions spending all their Dust on colonisation that they couldn't achieve
Fixed an issue with saves with broken deposits
Players won’t be able to save during the end turn anymore
Fixed vined systems bonus/malus only applied to Unfallen
Fixed an issue with troops count
Fixed an issue with the Unfallen vine action feedback which was displayed for all orbiting fleets
Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where the nodes discovery status of remote players was not properly saved by the host
Added a failure tooltip in galaxy view to inform the user when the curiosities that he wants to explore with probes are already in the queue construction
Fixed an issue on the Asian font which corrupted them overtime
Fixed double click on ship allowing to see ship design even if ship is not editable or hidden
Fixed an issue with the feedback of Third Vodyani population collection bonus
Fixed the Amateur and Kingpin Executive traits
Fixed the Center of Light and Life and Harmony of the Heart improvements which had incorrect pre-requisites, allowing them to be built multiple times
Fixed an exploit with technologies: they can’t be traded to prevent Scientific Victory exploits
Removed Home System Depletion from the Cravers Affinity to move it to the population trait Extreme Foremen
Changed the faction trait "Strange but Bad" faction trait cost from 10 to -10
Fixed Apathetic/Fervent colonists traits
Fixed Blockade Breakers trait
Added the Naturalists population trait
Fixed the Singularity creation and destruction sound effects
Fixed the Luxuries Lottery system improvement
Fixed the Righteous Fury law
Fixed an issue where the failure condition didn't work properly in a competitive quest when players were the first to colonise a system
Fixed an issue with a parasitic sound heard during the beginning of turn

[BALANCING]
Reduced the effect of the Vodyani Dust for Alms improvement from 25% to 50% of Dust converted into Essence
Changed the Papers Please hero skill: increased manpower refill rate gain on skills
Changed the Conscription Genius hero skill: doubled manpower gain
Changed the Bespoke Arms hero skill: increased damage given to the hero ship
Changed the Sensitive Systems hero skill: changed vision range bonus from % to flat
Fixed the Infallible Authority hero skill: it is now not as strong
Increased the Riftborn coloniser cost, as they do not have to manage migration to outpost
Decreased Cravers depletion points per turn from +2 to +1
Added a temporary bonus to population collection level 3 for the Lumeris
Fixed Permanent Monsoon tooltip: it now displays -10 Happiness
Wonders & Unique buildings are now impacted by the game speed
Fixed an issue that made conquest victory require a lower percentage of the galaxy to win while in an alliance

[AI]
Fixed the AI abusive migration
Fixed an issue with the AI stuck in an infinite battle
Added transitions so the AI is not stuck in war when Peace or an Alliance is signed

[TUTORIAL]
Fixed an issue where 3 conflicting tutorial windows were displayed in the star system view
Fixed an issue where in the Beginner tutorial the empire screen was displayed 1 turn too early.
Fixed an issue where the laws tutorial window was displayed even in galaxy view
Fixed an issue with the battle tutorial that remained stuck

[QUESTS]
Fixed an issue where the Academy quest chapter 1.1 didn't resolve like a normal competitive quest
Fixed an issue where the Academy quest on minor factions didn't trigger the next quest after it failed
Fixed an issue where spawning fleets to destroy in Academy Quest 3-B were too far from the Academy
Added a missing pre-requisite to the Metaplot Academy quests to make sure Academy must be found in the first place
Fixed an issue with the 10/10 With Spice quest: it will now be triggered only after the 50th turn (in normal speed)

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Beta patched soft locked my game on the election result screen.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Can I just point out how nice it is that the game now gives you suggestions on what to research next if you don't have another queued? Yeah it might lead to some dumb options if you don't at least have some idea of where stuff is (like me forgetting that System Development is in Economy and not Emipre Development), but it's a nice touch.

Also Treefolk are chill as gently caress.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wish the tech tree was easier to parse and more information was actually visible at once. I know it doesn't have the same era system as Legend but the layout in that game made the dependencies and relationships between techs much more comprehensible

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Having the tech tree be a single massive page you have to scroll around is one of their few UI missteps, in my view. I think the only other game that's that kind of tech web was Civ:BE, which is hardly a recommendation.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, this is kind of a step backwards from the pretty neat-o Tech Wheels we had in Legend. That was such a great way to have nonlinear upgrade paths.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
The first time I opened up the tech tree in this game, I had to force exit out and watch Bob Ross paint just to calm down.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

NmareBfly posted:

I also want to take a moment to praise the soundtrack. Top two tracks IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeGv-QtHyaA

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM0JHl_EZJ8

Absolutely agreed, I just need it to come out on google play now so I can listen to it all the time.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cythereal posted:

I'm wondering if the Harmony are being reserved for an expansion because their central gimmick of not using dust would have much more significant consequences in this game - among other things you'd have to ask if the Vodyani leeching would work on them at all, and they'd obviously have a very different relationship with the Academy who play a bigger role in this game.

Vodyani leech food, not dust. And yes, that does mean they're not very good at leeching off of Riftborn.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 23, 2017

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wish the tech tree was easier to parse and more information was actually visible at once. I know it doesn't have the same era system as Legend but the layout in that game made the dependencies and relationships between techs much more comprehensible

Aside - the lines between techs are not dependencies. The lines are cost reductions. You just need to have the era unlocked to research a tech. Or have scientists in power.

Overminty posted:

Absolutely agreed, I just need it to come out on google play now so I can listen to it all the time.

It's on Bandcamp, if you're willing to buy from them.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So, for anyone that hasn't tried it yet, the Full Reserves battle tactic is really loving strong if you've got a fleet even slightly stronger than your opponents. It gives you a free action point after the battle for the cost of reducing your weapon modules by 25%, and as far as I can tell if you keep using it, you keep getting free points. It lets you attack multiple fleets with one fleet in the same turn, including across different systems if needed. It's also perfect when chasing down those annoying fleets that retreat as you still get the action point.

It's late though, needing tier 5 military, but very worth it in my opinion.

Tulip posted:

Oh, poo poo, I've been waiting for a notification from bandcamp that it was up. Link here, if anyone wants. I even checked G4F's page a couple days ago and didn't see it. Thanks for mentioning it, otherwise I probably would have waited a little longer.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

Tulip posted:

Yeah I was humming and hawing about it but I've decided to go for it, it really deserves it.

On a related note some people on the g2g forum were wondering why there wasn't an option to upgrade to the digital version (which has the soundtrack) from the standard copy. Someone found that there was indeed the option to do so, just not on the same store page. Possibly because of a changed ID after release.

https://www.games2gether.com/endles...e=1#post-236379

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/178663/?utm_source=SteamDB&utm_medium=SteamDB&utm_campaign=SteamDB%20App%20Page

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Can anyone confirm if ES 2 will run on my laptop? I'm prety sure I have the other requirements matched but I'm not sure about the CPU.

Laptop's CPU is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz

Will this run the game well enough?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I feel like there's probably a third too many system developments, while they could've expanded the number of ship types by 1 or 2 more.

Also the Riftborn seem really slow to play due to their unique population mechanic...

And they need to fix ship pathing so it doesn't automatically take you through another faction's space.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

Ragingsheep posted:

Also the Riftborn seem really slow to play due to their unique population mechanic...

I felt the opposite in my brief half game with them during the beta because of the mad industry they produced.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
In 4x games I am so used to "expand or die" but in ES2 it seems like that really isn't a problem unless you're going for a conquest victory. Haven't tried Riftborn yet, but in every game I've played with them as AI, they never expanded much but always were on my doorstep for FIDS-.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
In my Unfallen game there's another Unfallen who's declared war on me. This turn of events seems very out of character for them. I thought we were destined to be tree bros.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The need to fix auto-build so it queues up more than one item and doesn't waste production overflow. Especially when building something that takes less than one turn. It should also automatically interrupt infinite items when you research a new building. It did both these things in ES1, so why can't it do this in ES2? After you pass a certain point you stop caring exactly what every single colony is building, as long as they're always building something.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Fhqwhgads posted:

In 4x games I am so used to "expand or die" but in ES2 it seems like that really isn't a problem unless you're going for a conquest victory. Haven't tried Riftborn yet, but in every game I've played with them as AI, they never expanded much but always were on my doorstep for FIDS-.

Riftborn are set up as the "tall" faction because it does a while to get their colonies establish but once they are they're unstoppable.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

Clarste posted:

The need to fix auto-build so it queues up more than one item and doesn't waste production overflow. Especially when building something that takes less than one turn. It should also automatically interrupt infinite items when you research a new building. It did both these things in ES1, so why can't it do this in ES2? After you pass a certain point you stop caring exactly what every single colony is building, as long as they're always building something.

I'm probably misunderstanding what you mean but I've definitely had multiple buildings complete on the same turn. The auto interrupt would be good though.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Also, Riftborn get to colonize the "lovely" planets right from the start, except these planets usually have massive bonuses to Industry/Dust/Science in exchange for Food, which they don't use. The -20 approval penalty is easily taken care of by the Toys for Boys law, which gives +20 approval in exchange for some Science, can be used by everyone, and has no Influence upkeep whatsoever. Riftborn pops also get a flat +5 I/D/S bonus per unit, which is stupidly good and better than building improvements nearly all the time.

Reflecting on this, Riftborn may actually be the least balanced faction if the player knows what they're doing and how to game their bonuses.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Overminty posted:

I'm probably misunderstanding what you mean but I've definitely had multiple buildings complete on the same turn. The auto interrupt would be good though.

System AI only does one development at a time, so it's not going to spend all 500 of your system prod, if an item only takes say, 120, there's no production overrun pool so the extra is just gone

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Clarste posted:

If it works like EL (and ES1 apparently), you don't waste overflow on production or science. Any that isn't used carries over to your next selection, even if it isn't queued. I haven't double checked this yet, but I'd be really surprised if they took that out.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Overminty posted:

He's talking about the Governor dropdown thing, where you tell a colony to auto-build prioritizing Food/Industry/Approval/Science/etc. It only queues one building at a time.

IIRC, Endless Legend automatically stored production overflow and applied it to the next building. Is that not a thing in ES2?

e:fb

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

Right, must have skipped over the auto-build part. Echoing what others said, EL did it and you can see it for science in ES2. Would be weird if they didn't for industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ragingsheep posted:

And they need to fix ship pathing so it doesn't automatically take you through another faction's space.

There's no way to waypoint / force ships to take a direct path not through starlanes, right? My current game has a really tasty looking system that is hanging out in the void relatively close to an opponent's home world and my colony ship really wants to fly through the homeworld first which just ends up in another forced retreat.