Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DaveKap posted:

Okay apparently that 1.5 hours of being completely wrecked by Firestorm has turned me into a Catwoman badass and everything else I'm fighting is melting to my power. I have a headache though, so I don't know if it was worth it.

I got her move where she calls a cat to help and I kinda can't help but keep playing now :3

for some reason AI Firestorm is a tremendous rear end in a top hat and he always shows up in challenges like "BOMBS EVERYWHERE" or "JUMP ATTACKS DO 5x DAMAGE FOR FIRESTORM"

maybe it's because the AI can pull off inputs blazing fast, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kelp Plankton posted:

skip the middle man, just add detective chimp

million dollar idea

Detective chimp & Constantine are a dual character, like noob-smoke in mk deception. Ship it!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

OK the multiverse modes that are just like "here's a bunch of random poo poo to damage and stun you every two seconds" are terrible

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So just so I got this clear, Credits are ONLY used for buying Mother Boxes and I should always just use them to get Gold boxes, correct?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

"JUMP ATTACKS DO 5x DAMAGE FOR FIRESTORM"
I just got this against Supergirl and died in literally three hits. I think I am starting to hate the multiverse

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I read somewhere you should just go ham on bronzes, because they're so much cheaper and you can sell the garbage while still having chances for epics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DaveKap posted:

So just so I got this clear, Credits are ONLY used for buying Mother Boxes and I should always just use them to get Gold boxes, correct?

Sometimes they're used to unlock multiverse battles.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Zatanna was in Injustice. I hope she comes back

Her or Constantine. He was in one of the character endings - I forget which one though.

Aphrodite posted:

Sometimes they're used to unlock multiverse battles.

I forgot about that! I mostly only buy the silver ones. But christ I just sold about 6 epics for Cyborg who I never play - and I already sold other epics for him - still only 1 for Wonder Woman.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 23, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Haha I had no idea that the battle simulator (the multiverse to the bottom right) had extra FMV and story poo poo in it! Make sure ya'll check it out with your fav character, as it has a story for each one.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Wanderer posted:

It has been an established trait of the character for more than 25 years that John Constantine could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He routinely loses fistfights with completely ordinary people.

He'd be a great protagonist for a series of horror games with a heavy investigation element, but he's totally out of place in a fighting game.

quote:

Hand-to-Hand Combat: Constantine's skills in unarmed combat varies depending on the writer. Some portrays him as a poor physical fighter, while others as a capable hand-to-hand combatant. However, he has occasionally won fights, either by using magical weapons (Hellblazer issue 217 and Chas: The Knowledge ), by fighting dirty (Hellblazer issues 42 and 57, and the graphic novel All His Engines), or by quick-thinking (Hellblazer issue 250). During his fight against the god-demon Nergal, John ripped the spine off of the demon's back with ease. Aside from conventional close-quarters combat, Constantine also uses stealth to take down foes, like using illusions and sigils to sneak on opponents.

http://hellblazer.wikia.com/wiki/John_Constantine

Boom, in-universe explanation, plus he's taking Batman's Kryptonian Pill thing. All of the things I had him using are magical in nature save for his revolver, so he's super enhanced. Hell, he can throw pocket sand to stay in character for all I care. Put him in game.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK the multiverse modes that are just like "here's a bunch of random poo poo to damage and stun you every two seconds" are terrible

You don't like random Batplane missiles raining down on only you, or penguin torpedos that, again, fire only at you? How strange.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 23, 2017

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Constantine's super should be him buying your opponent a beer and then a demon shows up and takes their soul, because John can't have any god drat friends he doesn't get murdered.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Xeremides posted:

You don't like random Batplane missiles raining down on only you, or penguin torpedos that, again, fire only at you? How strange.

I actually like the meta challenges, because that's something skill-based I can control and I feel like that probably helps me get better. But yeah stuff like that or security drones or getting poisoned just feels really bad

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Doctor_Acula posted:

Constantine's super should be him buying your opponent a beer and then a demon shows up and takes their soul, because John can't have any god drat friends he doesn't get murdered.

Don't forget the cigarettes!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I got 80 guild mother boxes.

Uh, should I just like put on a podcast or something

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Woooooowwwwwww Harley is loving solid. Her meterless damage is on par with a lot of peoples metered damage and its super easy to get.

What I can get with zero bar is comparable to what superman can get for 1 bar(without trait) and superman is already one of the harder hitters in the game.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I don't even get people who mic up for random-rear end matches.

On PS4, you can create a private party (of just yourself) that will shut off any mics being used in-game. I would hope Xbawks got something similar.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress the joker tutorial is so hard!! how do i do the jaw breaker bit

ed :and just did it

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 23, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress the joker tutorial is so hard!! how do i do the jaw breaker bit

ed :and just did it

That is the secret to a lot of combos in fighting games, bitch about it and then you will get it right after that.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

DaveKap posted:

I should have streamed it so you could see what I had to deal with. I'm convinced it was glitched, since I can beat a Hard difficulty Firestorm just fine.

The AI button reads you to filth, constantly, it's pretty annoying.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Evil Canadian posted:

Woooooowwwwwww Harley is loving solid. Her meterless damage is on par with a lot of peoples metered damage and its super easy to get.

What I can get with zero bar is comparable to what superman can get for 1 bar(without trait) and superman is already one of the harder hitters in the game.

Whats your basic combo route for Harley?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Spuckuk posted:

The AI button reads you to filth, constantly, it's pretty annoying.

Yes, but then you exploit it by walking forward and making them press buttons into armored B3 or F3 and supers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

WarEternal posted:

Yes, but then you exploit it by walking forward and making them press buttons into armored B3 or F3 and supers.

The age-old fighting game AI dance continues.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

MrJacobs posted:

They said no DLC from 1 is coming.

Actually they just added an excuse to have Freddy Kruger in the game.

Screw Freddy Kruger, Scary Terry BITCH!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When's Erron Black Jonah?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Wanderer posted:

It has been an established trait of the character for more than 25 years that John Constantine could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He routinely loses fistfights with completely ordinary people.

He'd be a great protagonist for a series of horror games with a heavy investigation element, but he's totally out of place in a fighting game.

You're also forgetting the established fact that he sucks poo poo at fighting straight up but wins by being a conniving little poo poo and his "bag o' tricks" so to speak.

He'd be a perfect zoning character honestly.

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 23, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got Aquaman to level 20 last night. I hate this fighter a lot.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Aquaman seems really good this time around I'm surprised nobody's played him much. His trait is easily the most powerful one in the game.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah but it's balanced by the fact he's loving Aquaman

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just hit 20 as catwoman so I'll probably pick him up as character #5.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Yeah but it's balanced by the fact he's loving Aquaman

who's loving aquaman

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
I would main Aquaman if this was how he rolled in every fight:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If Aquaman has just one clash where he bellows "OUTRAGEOUS!" I'll main him forever

And he needs like a 1/100 chance of this being his fight intro and it's completely unskippable and you lose ten levels if you DC from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

McSpanky posted:

If Aquaman has just one clash where he bellows "OUTRAGEOUS!" I'll main him forever

This should be his default entrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MixXnzefsBA

The fact that this didn't become the default Aquaman is a travesty and I would totally be cool with his bullshit meter burn trident loving if he said "THE ADVENTURE WHERE AQUAMAN SHOVED HIS TRIDENT UP DARKSEID'S rear end" when he did it.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Remember in the 90s when he was cool for 5 minutes and had the hook hand?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Aquaman has always been cool y'all just don't get him

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aquaman doesn't talk to fish. He doesn't speak fish.

He has telepathic control of sea life. He forces them to do things against their will. Aquaman is a monster.

Fish parents tell their children horror stories about The Aqua Man.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Aquaman seems really good this time around I'm surprised nobody's played him much. His trait is easily the most powerful one in the game.

You take 100% damage on block when trait is up now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Aquaman doesn't talk to fish. He doesn't speak fish.

He has telepathic control of sea life. He forces them to do things against their will. Aquaman is a monster.

Fish parents tell their children horror stories about The Aqua Man.

All Animal Control Power Is Animal Rape

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Aquaman talks to fish real nice and gets them to do things for him, just like Magneto does to metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It would be way cooler if Aquaman talked to fish. I don't get why that's a running gag where characters make fun of him for stuff, having a bunch of magical realism ocean friends is a cool superpower.

• Locked thread