Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

My wife was having a hard day and she approves plants in potted pants :thumbsup:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
House of Cards season 5 dropping on May 30th.

I was super excited when I read the email notification I just got, but then I put some thought into it, and I can't even recall what the gently caress happened in season 4. 1 and 2 I've pretty much got locked down eidetically, three gets shady, but I could still give a quick rundown, but holy poo poo, what the gently caress happened in 4?

Did that season disappoint so hard, or did I bingewatch it too quickly?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
S3 was hilariously meh, S4 was meh but better. I will watch S5 because I hope they've improved it. That and the fact that all my spring shows are done and I'm out of material to watch.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

S3 was hilariously meh, S4 was meh but better. I will watch S5 because I hope they've improved it. That and the fact that all my spring shows are done and I'm out of material to watch.

watch veep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiFoE7LrwtM

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
drat i just cancelled netflix

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Season 3 proved to be alright because it was all setup for 4.

Also recommending everyone watch Veep.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Advertising opinion: the new Dos Equis most interesting man resembles Michael Phelps so much. I don't understand how the Dos Equis signed off on that casting. It's distracting.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

cowboy elvis posted:

Advertising opinion: the new Dos Equis most interesting man resembles Michael Phelps so much. I don't understand how the Dos Equis signed off on that casting. It's distracting.

I've had the same thought

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

not caring here posted:

I was just in publix and there was michael buble on the PA system. These 2 middle aged women start gushing about the time that they saw him live, and they were hugging each other and it looked about half a second a way from a makeout session.

Reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx1sBxG6eW4

Yeah my life boring so what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94MHIeeGwys

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
How in the gently caress is your michael buble knowledge so profound that you know about a bubble wrap reference in the middle of one of his music videos?

Otherwise, :golfclap:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Zach Snyder is leaving production on the Justice League movie. His daughter killed herself in March at the age of 20, which was kept a secret up until recently.

Joss Whedon is taking over for him.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Just finished season one of Stranger Things. Holy poo poo that was good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Don't feel too bad you haven't had to suffer that much longer for season 2 :mad:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Is it gonna be like Fargo where every season is a different story and characters?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Is it gonna be like Fargo where every season is a different story and characters?

Nope, trailer says as much. They are adding Samwise Rudy to the cast though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Any y'all replaced a deck before? I'm wondering if mine is a lost cause. It generally looks ok but the wood is noticeably splitting/rotting from around the screw holes and some of the boards move when you walk on them. I tried reinforcing them with some new screws but they literally sank into the wood from the pressure of my fingers as I was setting them for the driver. Luckily it's at ground level and the joists seem fine. Should I try a pressure wash & re-seal or just bite the bullet and get new planks?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Planks are cheap. Put down new planks and water seal it. And you won't know what the joists look like until you pull up the planks, but 8' sticks of 2x4 are a whole $3 or so a pop, so you're not out a lot either way.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's an excuse to get a circular saw at least

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

cowboy elvis posted:

Zach Snyder is leaving production on the Justice League movie. His daughter killed herself in March at the age of 20, which was kept a secret up until recently.

Joss Whedon is taking over for him.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455

gently caress I wanted the guy to step away from the DCU but not like this :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
my neighbors like four doors down moved out and lefta bunch of furniture out front with signs saying FREE on all of it and lemme tell you what, i came up on some really nice loving furniture.

a dresser, a coffee table, two end tables, and a bookshelf. high quality sturdy poo poo too.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Interesting graffiti choice.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Let me sing you the song of my people...

*squeakity squeak rattle clunk squeak tick tick tick tick tick*

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

my neighbors like four doors down moved out and lefta bunch of furniture out front with signs saying FREE on all of it and lemme tell you what, i came up on some really nice loving furniture.

a dresser, a coffee table, two end tables, and a bookshelf. high quality sturdy poo poo too.
My grandma moved from a townhouse to a condo last year so I picked up most of the furniture that didn't fit in her new place. For a while the only piece of furniture in my dining/living room that I actually bought was the entertainment center. Some of the other grandkids may be pissed about this but they didn't help her move so gently caress them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wait, how was the new Power Rangers movie again? Is it worth a bother?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Unless it's rated R with copious blood and tits, of course not.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
old school pink ranger gets gang banged by rita and a bunch of puddies in the post credits scene

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

agony in pink: the movie

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone for the car advice. Have it narrowed down to the Focus and the Camry Sport. The Camry has the nicer interior and bigger trunk space, but the Focus is cheaper and more fun to drive.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
get a focus rs and driftmode into a wall on a family trip.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

get a focus rs and driftmode into a wall on a family trip.

P. much the plan if I get cancer, minus the family.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Dead Reckoning posted:

P. much the plan if I get cancer, minus the family.

everytime you sit down in your focus, you'll think to yourself: "i could have just dumped my retirement savings into a 40k hatchback and ended it all before being crushed by weight of my decision"

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Buca di Bepis posted:

Any y'all replaced a deck before? I'm wondering if mine is a lost cause. It generally looks ok but the wood is noticeably splitting/rotting from around the screw holes and some of the boards move when you walk on them. I tried reinforcing them with some new screws but they literally sank into the wood from the pressure of my fingers as I was setting them for the driver. Luckily it's at ground level and the joists seem fine. Should I try a pressure wash & re-seal or just bite the bullet and get new planks?

Replacing the planks is time consuming, but it's a straight forward job and will look hella good when you're done. Building the railing can be tricky if you've never done one before so it's a good idea to call a buddy that knows what's up if you need to do that (or just buy a pre-fab kit).

Also, remember to leave gaps between the planks so you don't create a really nice looking platform that collects water.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
And keep up on resealing it as needed. They get shabby, are a BITCH to bring back, and eventually start splintering.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

RichieHimself posted:

Replacing the planks is time consuming, but it's a straight forward job and will look hella good when you're done. Building the railing can be tricky if you've never done one before so it's a good idea to call a buddy that knows what's up if you need to do that (or just buy a pre-fab kit).

Also, remember to leave gaps between the planks so you don't create a really nice looking platform that collects water.

This. Also use treated lumber. Or you can go with that composite decking and never worry about splinters again. It costs more, but it's stable so you don't have to gap them very much for expansion. With a wooden rail, I really like to sink 4x4 support piers that run proud to rail height along the perimeter....which is best done on the initial build. Just tying a rail to the deck is not very sturdy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

uhh I think someone got paid to make this

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm glad the guy who made the Hulk Hogan 9/11 photoshop is getting more work

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The gently caress is a Zendaya

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYeaKsXnsI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

game of faaaaaaaaaart

• Locked thread