Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rogue legacy has 2 problems for me in that it plays really badly until you unlock better jumps, movements instead of just playing really well from the start like dead cells seems to and in that the jokey trait system isn't fun after a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Doom Goon posted:

Speaking of, I hope Matthew Brown's new game is more like Hexcells and less like SquareCells. Though I'm not holding too much hope as I've never been a fan of the more algebraic one.
https://www.twitter.com/Ma77hew_Brown/status/865891038514302978

It's definitely lookin like a sequel to SquareCells but I loved SquareCells so I'm pumped.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

metal max returns is kind of great

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

rogue legacy has 2 problems for me in that it plays really badly until you unlock better jumps, movements instead of just playing really well from the start like dead cells seems to and in that the jokey trait system isn't fun after a while
Totally agree and I hate the backdash. Except: ADHD Dwarfism Gay for life. I know it's early but as much as I liked Rogue Legacy I hope Dead Cells is more on the Spelunkey side of that genre.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also i've been playing demon's souls and while it's less polished than dark souls 1 it's pretty drat cool, in a more weird and experimental sort of way

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bicyclops posted:

hello, games chat. it's been awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kGvgXmmgk

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've been letting some of my RL friends that I will be streaming soon, and one guy, with a really uncommon name, just has his name backwards as his Twitch name, but there's some other guy with the same name minus one letter, who I have to assume is his Unsealie nemesis.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWlJPzKhduc

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

an actual dog posted:

It's definitely lookin like a sequel to SquareCells but I loved SquareCells so I'm pumped.

I somehow thought SC was a ripoff and not by the same guy at all. New one looks great though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

also i've been playing demon's souls and while it's less polished than dark souls 1 it's pretty drat cool, in a more weird and experimental sort of way

I like demons souls more but thats probably just because it was the first one I played and itr also blew the mind of 2009 me or whenever that game came out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was also my first taste of the Next Generation, as I got a PS3 to play it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my first souls game being bloodborne, all i can picture when someone mentions a souls game is being murdered repeatedly and losing all of your points, but with older graphics.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bicyclops posted:

my first souls game being bloodborne, all i can picture when someone mentions a souls game is being murdered repeatedly and losing all of your points, but with older graphics.

This is pretty accurate, also you probably have a shield.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i get why everyone loves them, though, the combat feels soooooo sweet once you start to get it. like i had to take like a two month break from bloodborne and when i picked it up to test the camera, rolling into the enemy attacks and biting at their ankles was like riding a bicycle, except that a peddle down the street feels like doing a 5k on one wheel while juggling.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
I really like the atmosphere of Demon's Souls, and I think the Maiden Astraea fight is easily one of the most interesting in the entire souls series

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish the path you fought Garl Vinland on wasn't so weirdly shaped, though. It's so easy to knock the guy off into the swamp and then just not have to fight him at all.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

so does the bear turn back into a knight or does he stay as a bear

Stays as a bear and is a bear wearing a knight helmet and wielding a sword and being unambiguously good while in search of a way to revert his curse

She built up this big "world" around her characters without actually doing anything with it or writing out anything, which isn't exactly uncommon with people who try to get into writing without really knowing how to focus and narrow stuff down.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I spent the afternoon and night binge watching season one of My Hero Academia instead of playing video games :negative:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

Stays as a bear and is a bear wearing a knight helmet and wielding a sword and being unambiguously good while in search of a way to revert his curse

She built up this big "world" around her characters without actually doing anything with it or writing out anything, which isn't exactly uncommon with people who try to get into writing without really knowing how to focus and narrow stuff down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L3DMJB8yGM

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I spent the afternoon and night sleeping, except when I woke up, in which case I spent it on the computer doing nothing

yay

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nah this is what he looks like, this is art of him that her friend drew

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ciaphas posted:

I spent the afternoon and night binge watching season one of My Hero Academia instead of playing video games :negative:
Hey, not a bad show to watch, though the manga is better.

Can't remember if you've read one piece or not, but if not, you should get on that. Easily one of the most enjoyable manga out there, especially if you like to binge read (since there's nearly 900 chapters now) but also is currently in its strongest arc in at least a decade.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Captain Invictus posted:

but also is currently in its strongest arc in at least a decade.

man i guess so it has been almost a decade since marineford

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When was marineford, I feel like it was in 2007.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ciaphas posted:

Season 1 was cool but season 2 has been amazing so far.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

I've been watching new twin peaks and kimmy schmidt

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey, not a bad show to watch, though the manga is better.

Can't remember if you've read one piece or not, but if not, you should get on that. Easily one of the most enjoyable manga out there, especially if you like to binge read (since there's nearly 900 chapters now) but also is currently in its strongest arc in at least a decade.

Some of the worst advice you can give a person.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I made the mistake of starting my hero academia season 2. Should have waited until it was finished so I could binge it. Can't believe how fast it hooked me. Season 1 needed a few episodes for that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ometeotl posted:

One piece is easily among the best manga out there and you're high af if you think otherwise, friend.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ometeotl posted:

It's actually really fun to read!

For the love of god don't watch the anime though, it's the slowest paced thing I've ever seen, which absolutely kills the material.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The way I've always heard it is that one piece has some of the lowest lows but when it has its highs, they're really really high

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Isn't it like a billion chapters in and we still don't know what a one piece does yet.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One piece is the friends we made of rubber how did that happen yo ho ho he took a bite of gum gum

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I got the One Piece musou game in one of the humble monthly bundles. I never installed it

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

Nah, telling someone to get invested in Berserk is pretty much the crown jewel of terrible manga advice.

I just spent an unreasonable amount of time realizing that Elijah wood is my favourite actor just because he's such an amazing foil and is cast in weird rear end dark series along with comedies including Red v Blue season 10.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If Hollywood made a Berserk movie, who should be cast as Guts.

And don't say The Rock.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I got the One Piece musou game in one of the humble monthly bundles. I never installed it

It's good, and you should try it. Also, one of the characters can't attack women, but that's ok because he is still good and he has ways to get around that.

Of course, if you don't like musou games, it isn't gonna change your mind. Most of what I know about one piece comes from that game though, I don't follow the anime or manga

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

If Hollywood made a Berserk movie, who should be cast as Guts.

And don't say The Rock.

Idk about Guts, but they should resurrect William Finley and make him younger and also Griffith

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guts was based on Rutger Hauer so there's only one real choice. And also make it 20 years ago so he's not too old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

You guys ask casting questions as if Idris Elba isn't the correct answer to that question, no matter the roll

• Locked thread