Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Batterypowered7 posted:

This one's got me chuckling at my desk. It doesn't sound like he ever mentioned her dry elbows before or anything, so I'm not sure why he'd have to stealth do it when she falls asleep. Maybe you're right. May e it is a sex weird.

To be honest, I would be super cool with someone moisturising my elbows and my gross scaly ankles in my sleep because I always forget to use the super expensive moisturiser I bought for them, if they could clip my toenails that would be rad af. But I am terrible at self care for my gross scaly idiot body, so idk

e: no snype, just think about my goony scaly ankles all page, namaste

Yolo Swaggins Esq fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Clark Nova posted:

How likely is it for a dog to do this to only one person if that person ins't abusing it? How can you have enough of an "intimidating presence" to terrify your own pet just walking around the house?

Ask my spoiled rotten rescue dog. Treated like a queen, but if you call her she puts her ears down and runs away. She wasn't even abused, her litter was born under my friends deck in a remote community where they were teaching and they sent her litter up.

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

quote:

Me [25M] and my girlfriend [25F]. She wants to go back to having protected sex (after years of unprotected) because she has a new job where she'll be out of town 5 days a week.

submitted 7 months ago by falalalalalalalal

Me and my girlfriend Kim been together for 3 years. About 6 months in, we agreed to have unprotected sex from then on. It felt way better plus she was on birth control and we were both clean & exclusive with each other.

Me and Kim met towards the end of college. After we graduated, we moved in together. I had a normal 9-5 job. She has a passion that she pursued (can't say what because it's very specific). She worked odd jobs here and there to pay her half of the bills, but otherwise worked her rear end off to advance in the niche entertainment field that she's very passionate about. She recently got a job with the biggest company in her field. She's over the moon, this has been her goal her entire life.

This job involves being on the road 4 or 5 days a week, working an extremely busy schedule, and being around her coworkers 24/7 when she's working. Again, I can't say what her job is, but she and everyone she'll be working with are all young, really good looking, and in excellent shape. They're gonna be around each other constantly and there's a HUGE hookup culture within the company. One of Kim's friends (who is in the field and aspires to work for that company one day) joked that it's basically one big orgy.

Kim doesn't start working there for another 3 or 4 weeks, but of course it's all she can talk about because she's so excited. Over the weekend she sat me down and said "listen, we need to have a serious conversation. Straight up facts - I'm gonna out of town 5 days a week for the next 2-3 years. I would never cheat on you, and I know you would never cheat on me, but we both need to be smart. You need to start wearing condoms again. Again, I fully intend to be faithful but it's better safe than sorry. STDs are no joke. Plus I don't want an accidental pregnancy."

I was just kind of stunned by this. I don't mind wearing a condom, that's not the problem AT ALL. It's just that after 2 and a half years of trusting each other & not wearing one, she wants me to wear one because she's starting to work at this new job. And again, she's gonna be on the road 5 days a week with guys who are objectively really good looking. I didn't know how to respond to her so we dropped it for the time being but it needs to be addressed. We had sex this morning and I wore a condom to respect her wishes but I feel weird about it because of the implications of this. What do I do/say?

Just want to add that she's the perfect girl and we have NO problems otherwise in our relationship. Couldn't say a single bad thing about her, it's just this one issue.

tl;dr: Girlfriend and I have been exclusive and having unprotected sex for over 2 years. She's starting work at a new job where she'll be out of town 5 days a week and surrounded by really good looking guys in a company that has a serious hookup culture. She says she wants to have only protected sex from now on. Wearing a condom is not the problem, it's the implied "one of us will end up cheating".

To be fair, it's just this one issue.

Brainworm fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 23, 2017

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I [22F] am sick of my boyfriend [24M] (2 years) always talking about a female video game character.

u/Throwaway0022870752 13h

I'm new to this subreddit, made a throwaway because my boyfriend is on reddit. I apologize if this is really long, I just need to vent. Also, I can't figure out how to flair.

So I've been dating this guy for two years. Last year, this video game came out, and he has been obsessed with this one female character. (Y'all can probably guess which game.) He has her as his computer wallpaper, phone wallpaper, ringtone, he has shirts with her logo on it, fan art, a decal on his car, and he wants figurines of her.

He literally mentions her at LEAST once a day, and when I get annoyed, he finds it amusing. He doesn't get how insecure it makes me. And when I call him out on it, he gets all defensive, and he tells me that he loves me, and that it's just a character in a game, so it's not like she could actually steal him away from me. Which to me, sounds like if she were real, or if he happened to stumble upon a girl that was very similar to her in looks and personality, he would totally leave me for her.

And he'll do annoying poo poo like when we're having a nice cuddle, he'll trace her whisker marks on my cheeks, and then act like he doesn't know why I'm upset.

He was the one who recently introduced me to reddit, and even showed me how to add friends and see their posts and comments.Today, he wanted to show me a comment he made on some post (it was about things you secretly find cute about your SO, and he found a way to mention her in there), so while I was on my lunch break, I decided to scroll through his post history to see what else he posts about. 90% of his comments, and his last few posts, are about this video game character, some of which were saucy fan art.

He always gets upset when I bring up the fact that he talks about her, and says he feels like I'm saying I want to break up. Well, sometimes I wonder if I should, because I really loving hate feeling this way. And I feel like I've had this conversation with him at least once a month.

How do I deal with the fact that my boyfriend is overly obsessed with this video game character? I used to have obsessions with fictional characters, but once he and I started dating, all those feelings pretty much stopped, and it annoys me that his feelings haven't.

Or should I just break up with him? I love him, and I want to marry him someday, but I don't want to feel like I'm competing with video game characters for the rest of my life.

tl;dr: My boyfriend is obsessed with a video game character, constantly talks about her (to me and on reddit) and has/wants tons of her merchandise, and finds it amusing when I get jealous. When I get too upset, he gets butthurt for a while, stops for a day, and then the cycle starts again. How do I get him to stop? Or do I just learn to deal with it? Or should I just leave him?

-----

"I am sick of my boyfriend always talking about a female video game character"

Oh God, who is it?

"her game came out last year so y'all probably already know who I'm talking about"

WHO THE gently caress IS IT?

"When we're cuddling he'll trace whiskers on my cheeks"

Oh god it's D.Va. Maybe Dr. Tim Whatley was right. Maybe Overwatch is bad.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I feel like I got too r/real without enough content so I found this

I [21f] keep waking up to my boyfriend [21m] of two months moisturising my elbows

Sex weirds. Moisturising your elbow while you sleep. Is this weird?

It saves her the trouble of putting the lotion in the basket, at least. :downsrim:

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Clark Nova posted:

It saves her the trouble of putting the lotion in the basket, at least. :downsrim:

He has a storefront.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My [17 F] first boyfriend [17 M] makes race jokes I don't really like.

quote:

I'm ok with non-pc humour and I often poke fun at my own race a lot (I'm asian), but lately I've been having some problems with the jokes my boyfriend makes about me. He's called me coin slot eyes and slit eyes, and I never really chided him on it because A) I was caught off guard and B) it hurt and made me feel awkward to the point where I wasn't sure how to react. I've never explicitly told him I didn't like those jokes too much (particularly coming from him), but I have like explained my position on racial humour and my political views on race relations so I assumed that would be enough. Today he did something that really ground my gears; he and his friends did an artistic rendition of me that really loving hurt my feelings. To surmise it they gave me lines for eyes, buck teeth and like one of those stereotypical Chinese straw hats. The triangle ones, I don't even know what they are called (the conical farming hats). I'm not Chinese by the way. My eyes are not even small. I'm only half asian! I don't even have a monolid.

Anyway, along with those he like exaggerated a bunch of stuff I really feel insecure about, like things I don't like about my body. It hurt especially since I told him these were features I really didn't like about myself. I feel really embarrassed and hurt, and I feel like I'm dating a 13 year old honestly. I don't know what the best way to bring it up is. I really want to make this relationship work out, because it would be fickle and stupid to break up over something that can be talked out. I know he didn't mean it to hurt my feelings, I DO joke like this to my friends often, but it's usually in some kind of context or I bring it up myself as a joke. It hurts because it's coming from him and it wasn't like I was making the joke...I'm the punchline to his. How do I bring this up to him? I don't know if I'm blowing a stupid joke out of proportion.

tl;dr: Boyfriend hurt my feelings with a mean racial joke.

Half of the responses are telling her to dump his rear end, the other half, of course, are going "Well you poke fun at your race, so how is it different just because he's white" and calling her a snowflake

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Danaru posted:

My [17 F] first boyfriend [17 M] makes race jokes I don't really like.

Half of the responses are telling her to dump his rear end, the other half, of course, are going "Well you poke fun at your race, so how is it different just because he's white" and calling her a snowflake

He's bad but lol at Today he did something that really ground my gears; he and his friends did an artistic rendition of me that really loving hurt my feelings. To surmise it they gave me lines for eyes, buck teeth and like one of those stereotypical Chinese straw hats. The triangle ones, I don't even know what they are called (the conical farming hats). I'm not Chinese by the way.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Yes, we saw that. In the very post above yours, even. Somehow.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A post so nice it deserves to be made twice :)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Blue Train posted:

He's bad but lol at Today he did something that really ground my gears; he and his friends did an artistic rendition of me that really loving hurt my feelings. To surmise it they gave me lines for eyes, buck teeth and like one of those stereotypical Chinese straw hats. The triangle ones, I don't even know what they are called (the conical farming hats). I'm not Chinese by the way.

I guess its not an empty quote but you're a fuckin' idiot mate

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I emptyquote lots of poo poo and you can suck my dick you fuckman

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Blue Train posted:

I emptyquote lots of poo poo and you can suck my dick you fuckman

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:same:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

To be honest, I would be super cool with someone moisturising my elbows and my gross scaly ankles in my sleep because I always forget to use the super expensive moisturiser I bought for them, if they could clip my toenails that would be rad af. But I am terrible at self care for my gross scaly idiot body, so idk

e: no snype, just think about my goony scaly ankles all page, namaste

Reptilian. :tinfoil:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

For r/rel content I spend at least half my broke rear end student food budget on my cat and she eats better than I do, and I literally use her as an excuse when every friend I bang asks me about my love life because I'm still too in love with my high school sweetheart, who was basically a walking Hugh, and too busy being a small time freelance hoe to bother with relationships? Most of the money I use for beer and my crazy seaweed and tea budget.

They getcha, don't they? :smith:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pick posted:

They getcha, don't they? :smith:

How about a story about a happier Hugh? You said he wasn't always this way. How was he ten years ago?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My [20F] ex [20M] doesn't accept the break up...

OP posted:

I've already made another post about my situation and I've finally broke up.

I'm on mobile, maybe it's messed up.

So, we've been together for almost 2 years but I just want to stay friends with him because we still care about and love each other. I broke up because of trust issues and I'm happier when I just call him my friend even if I still love him.

We still see each other and cuddle sometimes etc but I always tell him it's over because I don't want him to have any hopes that we'll get back together. He slept over 2 days ago and always said that we are still together because we love each other but I told him that the reason I broke up with him wasn't because of my feelings. Yes, I still love him but I don't want to be in a relationship anymore. I'm glad that in my point of view we can stay friends and he also agreed but then he says we are still together because he needs me. I said to him I'll always be there for him because he is very important to me and there won't be any boys for now because I still love him.

I just don't understand why he won't accept it? I also said that I don't want to cuddle so often like in our relationship because I don't want him to get more and more attached. ( He ALWAYS still wants to cuddle, have sex etc) He also said that if there comes another boy then he'll kill him.. He didn't say it in a serious voice but I want to move on, you know? I explained to him that we won't come back together and the feelings WILL go away from my side.

After the break up (first day) he thought that we won't stay in any sort of contact and so he deleted Facebook, WhatsApp etc, cried the whole evening and said that he won't go out anymore. I called him because he was so sad and explained to him that we will stay friends even if it would be better for HIM if we won't because then it will be easier for him to get over me.. I don't want to cut the contact because we are still important to each other and I don't want him to be so sad etc..

Now that we aren't together anymore the fights have stopped because I know now that it's not my thing anymore what he is doing.

I just want him to accept it even if it's hard.

quote:

Uhhhhh maybe because you still go over to see him? Seriously? Stop seeing him, you'll stop having these problems. This is just as much your fault as it is his.

OP posted:

I know and I told him these things but he doesn't stop. He still says that he loves me and hugs me etc..

quote:

What part about STOP SEEING HIM is so drat hard.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I [24F] Don't Want My Dad [49M] to Walk Me Down the Aisle at My Wedding

u/mannepiper

quote:

So I'm getting married in a few days, and I don't think I want my dad to walk me down the aisle. I'm not a fan of the symbolism involved, and we've had a bit of a rough relationship the last year. It's mostly about the symbolism, but the rockiness of the relationship doesn't help. One small incident involved him coming to me and telling me that he doesn't like my fiancé and heavily implying that we should break up, so it's mixed up in my future marriage as well.

How do I tell him this without hurting his feelings or making him think I'm trying to punish him for the rockiness? People have suggested asking him how he would feel, but I think my mind is made up and I don't want to give him the option.

I'm a little sad at the thought of not walking with my dad, but I think I would regret letting him walk me. I'm also scared to ever tell him anything "bad" so I think that's where some of my indecision is coming from. My fiancé is worried that when he dies I'll regret not letting him walk me as well. It's a lot of different feelings wrapped up in a dumb tradition I don't even like.

Edit: Let me clarify my relationship with my dad. Our relationship has been rocky the last year because I've actually started standing up for myself rather than letting him walk all over me. We've actually had arguments instead of me just letting him tell me what to do. The last time we had a long conversation was when I told him that I was sexually assaulted some time ago, and he made it a Clinton/Trump argument immediately and didn't particularly care about my wellbeing, just that I was wrong politically and that being sexually assaulted was no excuse for that. When I told him he was being lovely he stopped talking to me for six months. Not like no contact, but never trying to start a conversation and responding to anything I say with one word when possible. He has shown very little interest in me since I stopped enjoying everything that he enjoys. My younger brother and I live in a town about 30 minutes from our dad. My dad would come get lunch with my brother weekly, and I never heard a thing about it. I hadn't spoken to or seen my dad in three months when my brother asked me why I never go to their lunches. That was when our relationship was good.

tl/dr: I'm pretty sure I don't want my dad to walk me down the aisle and I don't know how to tell him.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Khorne posted:

I've never looked into the cost of meat. As in, actual consumable meat per pound of boneless skinless breasts vs other types of chicken. It's good to know that whole chickens are real cheap though.

Vegetables are crazy expensive near me. Two onions is like $3, two bell peppers $3.50, that stuff adds up kinda fast. Frozen vegetables aren't bad. It's around $1.30/lb for frozen carrots+peas (the most delicious frozen veggie combo in my opinion) and stuff like that. Rice is also cheap as heck and I eat a decent amount of it.

how many loving onions are you eating a day, Shrek?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Mexican friends wants me to adopt their baby

OP posted:

Two of my Mexican friends recently had a child, and they want me to adopt it so that it can have an American passport and citizenship. But the baby would still live with them, and the adoption would simply be in name only. Is that legal? How does the government check? Does this happen often? What should I do?

Edit: I'm in New Mexico

Every comment is a unanimous "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" The OP listens as well as you'd expect.

OP posted:

they would pay the legal fees. What aspect of it is fraud. I'm not 100% on this tbh, that's why I want to know all the legal stuff behind it.

OP posted:

They would stay in Mexico. They don't want to move to the states, they just want their baby to have options and a passport.

OP posted:

what's worse than going to jail that the government can do to me? I don't think they execute for this.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Blue Train posted:

I [24F] Don't Want My Dad [49M] to Walk Me Down the Aisle at My Wedding

u/mannepiper

:murder:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

In order to maintain my healthy body weight as a beanstalk giant I need a breakfast of six entire chickens, a hogshead of mead, a silo of grain, and a plucky farmer lad who's come to steal my golden-egg goose

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

Mexican friends wants me to adopt their baby

Every comment is a unanimous "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" The OP listens as well as you'd expect.

Mexican friends have money for this, but not enough to go the many California "have your baby in the states for citzenship" facilities? Dont go to jail for bad planners.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [23F] with my boyfriend [25M] of 8 months, argument over me eating sushi too much

quote:

This is kind of a weird one. I want to start by saying I love my boyfriend. We get along great, he always knows how to make me laugh and cheer me up after a rough day. He's my best friend.

So, I recently got a job next to a sushi restaurant. My favorite sushi restaurant in fact! I'm excited because I love Asian food, but my boyfriend doesn't, so I don't get to eat it often. Even better, this restaurant gives employees where I work a discount because we give them a lot of business. A dream come true for me, lol! Pretty much every day I work I get lunch there, and with the discount it fits comfortably in my budget.

Last week after I got off work I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone and he asks me what I had for lunch. Surprise, it was sushi! He sounds upset and asks why I always eat there, don't you get tired of it, its really weird, you're not even Asian. I try to tell him I just really like sushi, but he insists its weird.

Since then he's asked me everyday where I had lunch, and if I say sushi the same argument happens again. I've started lying just to avoid the arguments, which I think is kind of ridiculous. I get it, I like sushi more than the average person. Why does it have to be a fight?

How do I address this? I'm tired of fighting about it. Normally we don't fight, but when we do my boyfriend is the kind of person to go on and on and refuse to drop it until I get exhausted. I don't have the energy for useless fights about sushi!
tl;dr: My boyfriend thinks I eat too much sushi. I'm tired of fighting about it!

EDIT: Holy poo poo I've never gotten this kind of response to a post! I'll try to address a couple things. First, I don't eat sushi every day, but I understand how my post got misinterpreted. I eat it almost every day I work at this establishment. I have two part time jobs. With my new job, I work there three days a week, sometimes four if I'm filling in for someone. Second, sex life has been the same. My boyfriend has never given me oral, he thinks it's gross. Now I'm super worried about my vag being gross and getting mercury poisoning! Definitely need to cut back on the sushi. I also need to communicate with my boyfriend more clearly on what the problem is. I've never gotten a straight answer from him other than it's weird. Also, I am not pregnant and don't have plans on it for at least a few years.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

quote:

what's worse than going to jail that the government can do to me? I don't think they execute for this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

Me [23F] with my boyfriend [25M] of 8 months, argument over me eating sushi too much

So she eats about 5 meals of sushi a week its high but it shouldnt be high enough to trigger her boyfriends "I am upset I am dating a sealion in a wig" thoughts. I say keep devouring seafood but try to bark at him less, lie if you have to, so that he never discovers the truth.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I have no problem with either partner thinking oral is gross as long as they do it. It's not enjoyable for me and I think it's gross but you aren't doing it for yourself. I'm sure there are lots of women who feel the same way about blowjobs.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

dudeness posted:

I really hope that got crossposted to r/badfemaleanatomy with the you-are-what-you-eat fish pussy responses.

She doesn't have to care how she tastes anyway if she's content to date that miserable weenie.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I would date a lady sea lion that appreciated sushi

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

dudeness posted:

you're not even Asian

??????

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

All Asians are the same. I'm not racist though

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

dudeness posted:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

new phone who dis posted:

I have no problem with either partner thinking oral is gross as long as they do it. It's not enjoyable for me and I think it's gross but you aren't doing it for yourself. I'm sure there are lots of women who feel the same way about blowjobs.

this really bums me out :( its fun to give oral to a partner of either gender, and also, to receive it

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Barudak posted:

So she eats about 5 meals of sushi a week its high but it shouldnt be high enough to trigger her boyfriends "I am upset I am dating a sealion in a wig" thoughts. I say keep devouring seafood but try to bark at him less, lie if you have to, so that he never discovers the truth.

I most certainly did not have sushi for lunch, I had chicken tendies and french fries, as befits a human woman in good standing. Please don't yell at me.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Clark Nova posted:

When I'm old and senile I always picture me and my partner speaking in nothing but film cliches. :smug:

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

When I'm old and senile I always picture me and my partner speaking in nothing but film cliches. :smug:

It all goes great up until the film shes based her life on was unfinished due to the untimely death of the director so you can never get closure. Or you gun her down on the wharf after she summons a giant childrens toy to kill the mayor.

Theres really only two ways this can go.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is sushi ok for pregnant women? My friend was avoiding undercooked meats and charcuterie during her pregnancy. I thought that was the boyfriend's reasoning at first but then it turned out he was just a racist idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

mercury can be an issue with fish and pregnant women. It'll depend on the fish and not necessarily preparation.