Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/uproxx/status/867002208717504515

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
good

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Morning radio in Detroit has only recently gotten tolerable. I relied on M&M for a long time on my morning drives so they have a small soft spot in my heart.

I know how bad it can be, but in comparison one time a host on 97.1 went on a rant about movies or some other stupid topic wherein he revealed he thought horses were native to the Americas and Europeans did not have them till the came here.

Nov 6, 2002

I can't remember the last time I listed to radio. I feel like even the most mediocre podcast is better than anything you'll find on the radio.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Morning radio in Detroit has only recently gotten tolerable. I relied on M&M for a long time on my morning drives so they have a small soft spot in my heart.

I know how bad it can be, but in comparison one time a host on 97.1 went on a rant about movies or some other stupid topic wherein he revealed he thought horses were native to the Americas and Europeans did not have them till the came here.

Just listen to yesterday's LeBatard podcast

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ehud posted:

Just listen to yesterday's LeBatard podcast

I could, but the local radio is now actually sports focused as they got rid of the aforementioned idiot as well as another one and now they talk about sports most of the time, and I like that it is Detroit focused. I never really got into Lebatard as his show is on while I'm at work and discussion podcasts distract me as I work so I listen to music instead. Everything I see I like though. I should probably start including his podcast into my workouts or something.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 23, 2017

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I can't remember the last time I listed to radio. I feel like even the most mediocre podcast is better than anything you'll find on the radio.

The Sports Hub is pretty good in Boston, I am just sad it was never able to kill WEEI.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Golic is the loving worst

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Golic is the loving worst

He really is.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'm really struggling to see what exactly Golic would be that mad about.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Anals of History posted:

I'm really struggling to see what exactly Golic would be that mad about.

I guess he feels like Greenberg made an effort to get his own show and didn't really tell Golic about it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Apparently Golic first heard about Greeny's plans through a news article. I don't blame Golic for being salty.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

shyduck posted:

Apparently Golic first heard about Greeny's plans through a news article. I don't blame Golic for being salty.

So is Greenberg KD and Golic Westbrook

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Zero poo poo on XM eh?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Ehud posted:

I guess he feels like Greenberg made an effort to get his own show and didn't really tell Golic about it.

I definitely can see Golic feeling salty over that decision and it cooling a relationship between the two, but it's not as though Greenberg hosed with Golic's money or lifestyle. Golic's response, provided that we're getting real info here, seems overly, unnecessarily dramatic. Also, I find it hard to believe that Greenberg's show is going to take off to an extent that will eclipse Mike & Mike.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Mike and Mike is no where near as big as it was at its height and I think is Greeny wanted to go solo he probably should have done it alot sooner.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Golic probably thinks of Greeny as "just a dumb little bitch boy reporter" underneath it all because he didn't play PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL and is just a dumb girl with dumb girl hair.

And now that dumb girl nerd is using the thing that Golic built with his talent and insight to get a TV show and move to New York and leave big strong smart Golic behind in CT.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anals of History posted:

I definitely can see Golic feeling salty over that decision and it cooling a relationship between the two, but it's not as though Greenberg hosed with Golic's money or lifestyle. Golic's response, provided that we're getting real info here, seems overly, unnecessarily dramatic. Also, I find it hard to believe that Greenberg's show is going to take off to an extent that will eclipse Mike & Mike.

After doing something for 18 years and waking up at that ungodly hour I can see why Greenberg might want to do something different

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I was stuck in heavy traffic this morning so I flipped through the two Philly sports radio stations. I haven't really listened to them in months other than for game broadcasts.

Yep, sure enough, Fletcher Cox not showing up to OTAs is indeed the end of civilization as we know it.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

Golic probably thinks of Greeny as "just a dumb little bitch boy reporter" underneath it all because he didn't play PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL and is just a dumb girl with dumb girl hair.

And now that dumb girl nerd is using the thing that Golic built with his talent and insight to get a TV show and move to New York and leave big strong smart Golic behind in CT.

Not sure if you're joking but I've heard Golic play the "shut up Greeny I played the game!" card numerous times.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm not joking at all

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Radio Taboo was a fantastic trainwreck.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really like the penalty box on LeBatard

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I listen to the show a lot but I must have missed the day they introduced it. How did it first come up?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

zooted heh posted:

I listen to the show a lot but I must have missed the day they introduced it. How did it first come up?

IIRC, it was determined that hitting Greg Cote with fines for bringing the show to a screeching halt with bad jokes wasn't enough.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It might be more funny seeing them in the box on TV but sometimes i'd rather he stay and drown in his terrible.

The rejoins have been more subtly funny on the podcast lately.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I see on my podcast list that Roy has a top 10.

I am excited

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm still catching up on podcasts from being on vacation and I just got to Adnan's "Welcome to Tangier!" home run call

I love it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SVP is cohosting with Russillo on Wednesday.

I am so excited for SVP and Russillo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

SVP is cohosting with Russillo on Wednesday.

I am so excited for SVP and Russillo

That's awesome! I will listen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

That's awesome! I will listen.

I hope they do pulse of the nation

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mina Kimes is so bad at doing reads hahahaha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross

https://twitter.com/notthefakesvp/status/872491993406066688

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yessss

Nov 6, 2002

Ever since the Around the NFL podcast lost their most recent producer the show has improved. At least 50% less wacky sound drops.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I loving miss this so much

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

The curse is real. RIP Adam West

https://twitter.com/AllysonTurner/status/873630577550917632

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/lebatardshow/status/874472253815173121

Only good thing about warriors winning

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Help, I've gotten a nickname because I call into local sports radio so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Big week. Tomorrow Stugotz has to become Paul Finebaum. Wednesday he will be strapped to the lie detector again.