Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Those are funny posts, but wtf is with that seal? I thought they were nice and timid? Was she holding a tuna in her rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Burt Sexual posted:

Those are funny posts, but wtf is with that seal? I thought they were nice and timid? Was she holding a tuna in her rear end?

It might have just been playing, or it might have panicked because people got too close, or it might have mistaken her for something. They're predators which can weigh up to 300 kg (660 lb) for a medium sized species like that one and they have pretty nasty teeth, I really wouldn't want to jump in the water after one which had started biting people.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 18:31 on May 21, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

That is a sea lion. They're like undersea bears. People were feeding it so it started to associate people with food.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tremendously bad cheese pun

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Wonder what's going on in GBS.....

Posted on a Deviantart thread.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

Avshalom has been permabanned. Rip.

Avs no!!! Why couldn't you have contented yourself with just wishing gratuitous and graphic untimely flatulence upon him???

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Don't date men until they're 35 or so and the world's ground them down and they've accepted their inevitable death as an escape from their pain.

Blue Train posted:

Lol if it takes you to 35 to get there

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Karate Bastard posted:

Avs no!!! Why couldn't you have contented yourself with just wishing gratuitous and graphic untimely flatulence upon him???

He calls that "talking"

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Posted on a Deviantart thread.

That thing is just begging to be turned into a loss edit.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If you spend any amount of time in that thread you'd avoid making requests.:can:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

You're in de meaux, right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HerStuddMuffin posted:

That thing is just begging to be turned into a loss edit.

Edd of Eddsworld (What that comic is based on) passed away years ago from cancer. Happy?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Riyadh- Controversy erupted amid the White House Press Corps today as White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer denied reports that President Donald Trump touched the dreadful Orb to gain its power.

“This is ridiculous. Donald Trump pledged to the American people that he would resist the beguiling siren song of the Orb, and he has done so. This is yet another distraction by the failed Democratic party trying to block President Trump’s Make America Great Again agenda.”

Hours later, President Trump tweeted “Yes- I touched the Orb. Obama wouldn’t listen to the song of the Orb. Big mistake! Insulted allies and the Orb!” When asked for comment, Spicer said “I think the President’s tweet speaks for itself.”

Op-ed, NYT: Once Again, President Trump Crosses a Red Line
…have we forgotten the lessons of the past so easily? Yes, the Orb’s melody is alluring and seductive, but the power it grants corrupts body and mind. Who can forget Dwight Eisenhower’s famous farewell speech, in which he warned of “the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the Orb?” We cannot know the Orb’s true intentions for mankind, but it is all too easy to imagine that they are hostile and alien.
We say to Donald Trump: reject the politics of division! Reject hatred! And reject the Orb, for though its lambent glow soothes the mind, the terrible power that crackles across its surface will bring you no peace.

Op-ed, WSJ: Liberal Critics Overstate the Dangers of the Orb
…yes, we know the Orb may not have our best interests at heart, but we should trust the Orb to act rationally. It is in the best interests of the Orb, now that Donald Trump has been suffused with its vast might, to work for America, not against it. If we cannot trust the President of the United States to safeguard the might of the Orb, then who can we trust? An Orb Working Group, its members drawn from the elite across fields, will be able to strategize the best way to harness the Orb’s awful might and transform our society just as it has transformed Donald Trump’s living flesh into bitter, cold darkness.

Tweet, RealDonaldTrump account:
Haters and losers say that Orb cannot be trusted. I have absorbed Orb and will carry it within my soul! #MAGA!

8.2k replies 7.4k retweets 45k likes

posts from r/the_donald, thread entitled “INCREDIBLE: he touches the Orb! CUCKS BTFO!!!”
MAGA_MAN_X

fellow pedes i can’t believe he’s done it again!

volkisch1487

cucked SJWs at my school cant stop cryin about this, rofl

trumpinTN12

This is really Presidential. This is a breath of fresh air after 8 years of 0bungler.

Rachel Maddow, 6/27/17 broadcast (partial transcript)
…and his skin, it’s turned midnight black. I think I see rainbows moving across it, like an oil slick in sunlight. But just so you know, the White House is denying all of it. They’re denying that he’s taken on the Orb’s power, they’re denying that he’s grown to twelve feet tall, they’re denying that anything happened at all. Lightning struck the White House 452 times last night, according to meteorologists. This is not normal.

Tweet, LouiseMensch account
Sources have revealed to me that #orb was planted by #Russia, #Putin. Supreme Court preparing Articles of Exorcism as I write.

12 replies 180 retweets 100 likes

#Neverorb, Erick Erickson, Redstate.com
…the Republican Party used to stand for something greater than the pulsing Orb and its horrible keening drone. I remember that, even if the bootlickers in Congress don’t. The Orb has no regard for human life, not even the life of the unborn. Hey, Paul Ryan — why does your budget allocate $0 to faith-based family centers that offer alternatives to abortion, but $800 billion to a massive basalt monolith in the middle of Washington DC?

Sean Hannity show, 7/12/17
HANNITY: These liberals, they fear the Orb. They’re afraid of it.
GINGRICH: You know, it’s sad, it really is, because the Orb wants what’s best for America, for all of us, and-
HANNITY: Exactly! The Orb loves us! The Orb-
[crosstalk]
GINGRICH: It’s like I said in 1994, the American People don’t want big government. They want a vast, glowing Orb that swells up to block out the sun.

Bernie Sanders, speech, 8/16/17
…and I don’t think it’s right that President Trump now walks around outside for days at a time, plants wilting wherever he plants his massive feet. I don’t think it’s right that our President, a billionaire, gets to be twenty feet tall and exude an oily darkness while the regular, hard-working people of this country slave away for long hours for a minimum wage that’s not enough to feed a family. I don’t think it’s right that every night the pool at the foot of the massive basalt altar in DC — paid for with tax money, yours and mine — must be filled with sacrifices of blood, hair and teeth. Not when millionaires and billionaires pay less tax than at any time in the last century.

Barack Obama, GQ interview, 9/2/17
…I don’t want to sound overly critical. But when I was President, I didn’t touch the Orb, for a very good reason. And, you know, I wanted to. I could have easily. I heard it singing to me in my dreams, a song that melted away like morning dew when I awoke. And I could have… (he loses focus for a moment)
I could have touched it. But I didn’t. And I think that was the right choice for the American people, and when you look at the boiling cloud of gnats that used to be our President, I think you’ll agree with me.

Headline, Washington Post
CROP FAILURES ACROSS MIDWEST

Life Force Drained to Feed Orb’s “Endless, Terrible Hunger.”

Blog Post, fivethirtyeight.com
The Disappearance of the Upper Midwest in a Vortex of Madness Could Doom Trump’s Re-Election Chances

From “The Orbs of Our Fathers,” an essay by Ta-Nehisi Coates in The Atlantic
…I knew from the moment I saw it what the Orb was. I knew what it represented, even when others chose not to see. The Orb is America. The Orb is white supremacy, hatred and disregard, the disregard that communities of color face every day. The Orb is Donald Trump, and Donald Trump is the Orb. His body has evaporated, but we see him now reflected in puddles of oily rain, on our television screens, in our dreams. He is screaming, only screaming. That scream is the hate-cry of white supremacy, the message that never leaves us.

Why is the President Screaming: a special report by CBS News
JOHN DICKERSON: Experts say that that the power of the Orb may have consumed President Trump and now feeds on his soul. What does this mean for us as a Nation? Was it a mistake to touch the Orb?

REINCE PRIEBUS: No, John, not at all. These reports are yet more distractions from the liberal media. The President is deep in contemplation of the Orb’s mysteries. That’s why he isn’t seen outside these days.

JOHN DICKERSON: Do you have an explanation for why every reflective surface on Earth shows the President’s screaming visage at precisely 4:22 PM each day? Or why the great black Monolith of the Mall has cracked right down its face?

REINCE PRIEBUS: Listen, if you want to sit there and criticize every little thing the President does, you have that right. I can’t stop you. But frankly, it’s counterproductive, and it’s a little sad when the President’s agenda has been such a success. I mean, the crops are growing again, they’re-

JOHN DICKERSON: The farmers are saying that the crops are twisted and swollen with unholy power. They’re inedible. They’re useless.

REINCE PRIEBUS: We’re growing for export. We knew there would be resistance when we set out to make America great again, there will be hiccups, but…

Inaugural Statement from Mike Pence
…and in the weeks and months to come, we know there will be questions. Where is President Donald Trump? Why do we still hear him screaming, faintly, at the edge of our hearing? What has become of the baneful Orb that hung low in the sky like a second sun? My fellow Americans, I do not have all the answers for you. This should be a time for healing, a time for people of all faiths to come together and bow their heads in thankfulness that the Orb’s awful designs have been averted. I never expected or wanted this, but I solemnly swear to do my duty as your President, to heal a wounded nation, and to stand strong against the alien menace of the Orb wherever it threatens. I pledge that I will never touch the Orb or any other item of cosmic, unknowable power.

Alex Jones show, 11/25/17
…and he’s heading to Beijing next week for a summit. Can you believe that? We all know that they’ve recently unearthed a gleaming cube of alien metal from the ruins below Xi’an. What is the President hiding? Why won’t he tell us whether he plans to touch the Cube?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

post of the year right here :hmbol:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Improbable Lobster posted:

Avshalom is the funniest poster on the forums and we are worse off without her.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

:roflolmao: stop i cant breathe

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Holy poo poo change my name to maga man right fuckin now.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Av shouldn't have kept loving around with threatening the president, then :shrug: I hate trump too but Lowtax already been visited by the Secret Service once.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Av shouldn't have kept loving around with threatening the president, then :shrug: I hate trump too but Lowtax already been visited by the Secret Service once.

Probably more than once and since he's closed the office they might be at his house which is loads of fuckedupedness

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Goddamn this is a good post.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rough Lobster posted:

It reads like that old Zack Parson's article where Oprah Winnifred is secretly eating everyone.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rough Lobster posted:

nah

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

syscall girl posted:

Probably more than once and since he's closed the office they might be at his house which is loads of fuckedupedness

Why'd he close the office? To keep out Schmorky?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VanSandman posted:

Why'd he close the office? To keep out Schmorky?

These dead gay forums only bring in 1/10 the income they used to, and he realized he could save money by keeping his couch and pills in his basement.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

syscall girl posted:

It reads like that old Zack Parson's article where Oprah Winnifred is secretly eating everyone.

I thought that was Rachel Ray?

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/weekend-with-rachael/

Makes more sense IMO.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jesus, this should win some kind of award. I'm crying.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Field Mousepad posted:

Holy poo poo change my name to maga man right fuckin now.

Super Fighting Racist.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Scudworth posted:

I can't decide what's more hosed up - god as a vengeful omnipotent force whose true will can never be known, or god as the crusty old dean in a college movie who you must constantly hit with rule loophole interpretations to save your frat from being expelled because technically a dog CAN be the valedictorian.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Now that's kosher! :jewish:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's awfully derivative of "barack is now the size of an oak tree" but I give it a solid B+ to A- regardless.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

it's awfully derivative of "barack is now the size of an oak tree" but I give it a solid B+ to A- regardless.

Can someone post this one btw? Its a favorite.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

O. Henry O-Face posted:

Can someone post this one btw? Its a favorite.

quote:

12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished.

Check for yourself if you don’t believe me. Where have they gone to?

There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I’m uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he’d be just as gone as them. There’s no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It’s a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don’t think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer’s eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don’t exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven’t changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It’s a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We’ve given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I’m starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they’re mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. “Look at how they wield their guns,” writes a man. “I always said he’d take our guns away.” They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It’s long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can’t bring myself to blame him for it. He’s reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb…

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Sagebrush posted:

It's got a totally different narrative structure though, and except “POTUS being turned into a magical being“ (apparently a nascent genre of literary fiction) they have hardly anything in common imo. I give both an A+.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Obama turns into an oak might have created the genre, but dark orb Trump perfected it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

It's not as if the Obama post isn't derivative of Pynchon anyways.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Obama the oak is one of the finest things written on these forums. Anyone remember that spliced together story using Obama's audiobook, Son of Strelka (Son of God)? That was really amazing work.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Any38uNUelM

I think Trig Discipline made it, or maybe I'm confused?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
e: ^^^ he did

Nanomashoes posted:

It's not as if the Obama post isn't derivative of Pynchon anyways.

Pirate Priebus