Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Real hurthling! posted:

In this weeks excellent adventures marn explains his Vietnamese business practices and asks them to edit the audio out saying "its not here, its veitnam". They silence all the details in the vid. Then he talks about how he fired employees who wouldnt have sex but doesnt ask them to edit it cause its all there still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
just a reminder that marn hit his own puppy without remorse.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm eagerly anticipating the kotaku article in two months siting that video as proof of the degeneracy of the FGC

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
holy poo poo where did marn shoutouts go on youtube wtf

that was basically his wikipedia article

SEBMAL WHAT THE gently caress

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioqCLnLKtiE

found this footage of marn coming back from his taping of excellent adventures

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I do understand why they put this episode out. They look so uncomfortable when he tells that story. Them editing around isn't a good look either. Hopefully Marn gets kicked from his sponsor and sent back to obscurity.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

anime was right posted:

holy poo poo where did marn shoutouts go on youtube wtf

that was basically his wikipedia article

SEBMAL WHAT THE gently caress

I googled "Marn Shoutout Video" because I couldn't find it on YouTube either, lmao. Found the link, and the guy who made it felt bad about making it and made the video unlisted, explaining why he did so in newly added annotations over the video. I mean, if he really felt bad about the video, he'd delete it. Not unlist it with the chance for people to still find it and link it, like I just did. Fraud.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tbh i can understand not wanting to be associated with that. he didn't witness everything and cannot account for its reality. its real and marn is worse than that video portrays.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

Whhhhhhy would they have marn on their show

Nobody cares about SFV so they needed cringe to get viewers?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TheManSeries posted:

I do understand why they put this episode out. They look so uncomfortable when he tells that story. Them editing around isn't a good look either. Hopefully Marn gets kicked from his sponsor and sent back to obscurity.

is it worth watching bc i dont really want to deal with marn poo poo after he got vietnamese leg disease

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Night Blade posted:

Nobody cares about SFV

They had to make a weekly melee show and a weekly KI/Xrd show to keep the channel views up

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I mean I really only watch excellent adventures because I'm eternally 12 at heart and find Mike Ross popping off absolutely hysterical.

Them adding Guilty Gear to things they play was gravy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guilty show is tasty steve teaching xrd to sajam and sajam teaching KI to steve.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
sajam is so esports its painful

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

FilthyImp posted:

In completely unrelated ramblings: why does Guile and the announcer in SSF2 sound so different?

Just play HF (the best street fighter) and problem solved friend :)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

ROFL Octopus posted:

Just play HF (the best street fighter) and problem solved friend :)

what are your favorite things to do in HF you can't do in super turbo?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
HF top tier is Ryu Ken Sagat.

It's much less grimy and you play neutral for a lot longer in most matches.

You can do cps1 chains.

No throw softens.

No supers means you have to grind out every advantage.

It's a fun game that feels good and will teach you footsies.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
so as far as hyper fighting goes, I tried playing this and there is too much cheap and unfun things. ryu has too little recovery on fireball and he can do hurricane legs in the air. one hit takes off so much life and I can't do a v reversal to escape this infinite fireball pressure from sagat. and grab is one button that's shared with my strongest moves, wtf

do NOT play this hyper fighter bullshit. this guy is trying to trick you. I looked it up after and it turns out this poo poo is just a romhack made by some disgruntled capcom USA employees and the Japanese people all hated it (not surprising)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I heard you can't even tech throws

youd for i
Mar 24, 2006

Please enter your password, then press pound
JMCrofts your road to gold YouTube videos are cool and good. Hope you keep them going.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zand posted:

so as far as hyper fighting goes, I tried playing this and there is too much cheap and unfun things. ryu has too little recovery on fireball and he can do hurricane legs in the air. one hit takes off so much life and I can't do a v reversal to escape this infinite fireball pressure from sagat. and grab is one button that's shared with my strongest moves, wtf

do NOT play this hyper fighter bullshit. this guy is trying to trick you. I looked it up after and it turns out this poo poo is just a romhack made by some disgruntled capcom USA employees and the Japanese people all hated it (not surprising)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zand posted:

How am I even supposed to get past zoning???

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
tell them to play with honour and stop being a cheap spammer!

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Zand stop trolling the SFV thread, they have it bad enough as it is.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

youd for i posted:

JMCrofts your road to gold YouTube videos are cool and good. Hope you keep them going.

Thanks man, the road to platinum will begin once the Injustice and Tekken zeitgeists end

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Thank you SFV players for participating in the New CFN Beta. The New CFN, Ed, balance updates and more will release on 5/30. More news 5/25

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played like 45 mins of the beta and it was exactly the same. Gj, capcpom

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jmcrofts posted:

Thanks man, the road to platinum will begin once the Injustice and Tekken zeitgeists end

I should hope people wouldn't come back to this tire fire of a game.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Night Blade posted:

I should hope people wouldn't come back to this tire fire of a game.

Then sorry I guess?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

This is the first update in a long time I'm excited for because Ed but can capcom please stop with this announcement for an announcement poo poo.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Real hurthling! posted:

Guilty show is tasty steve teaching xrd to sajam and sajam teaching KI to steve.

I honestly prefer this next generation lot over Mike and Gootecks now.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

interrodactyl posted:

HF top tier is Ryu Ken Sagat.

It's much less grimy and you play neutral for a lot longer in most matches.

You can do cps1 chains.

No throw softens.

No supers means you have to grind out every advantage.

It's a fun game that feels good and will teach you footsies.

I thought it was Guile because he can and will redizzy you to death

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Is Claw rear end in HF? I know he's god tier in super turbo.

What's an example of a cps1 only chain?

E: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_2:_Hyper_Fighting#CPS1_Chains

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 24, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Elephunk posted:

He's got some disgusting buttons and is fast as he's ever been, but has all the usual Vega weaknesses.

Sometimes getting a fierce punch to combo after a roll is sick as hell, though.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Spuckuk posted:

I thought it was Guile because he can and will redizzy you to death

they nerfed the poo poo out of his damage and his dizzy combos are a lot harder in hf

Elephunk posted:

he sucks

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I really am excited for the day SFVI appears, for the inevitable shower of 'Of course it's poo poo, but I needed that Capcom dollar, thank gently caress it's going at last' tirades from all of the major FGC names.

Wait - Is it possible that Capcom doesn't actually know? :iiam:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shockeh posted:

I really am excited for the day SFVI appears, for the inevitable shower of 'Of course it's poo poo, but I needed that Capcom dollar, thank gently caress it's going at last' tirades from all of the major FGC names.

Wait - Is it possible that Capcom doesn't actually know? :iiam:

it will sell 800k copies, they'll removing walking and dashing, and it be hailed as an incredible success and more people will play it competitively than guilty gear somehow.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

anime was right posted:

it will sell 800k copies, they'll removing walking and dashing, and it be hailed as an incredible success and more people will play it competitively than guilty gear somehow.

anime.. in my fg? no thanks! (Karin doing ojosama laugh in background)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

anime was right posted:

SFVI will be a mobile CCG, still cost full value, still charge for extra packs (but there's multiple season passes!), charge money to start a game and charge money just to play a card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Also a mid-season patch that uses stolen rooting software will simultaneously brick your phone and void your warranty.