Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:master:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Found this in my twitter feed this morning, in response to this video: https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/865787952579956736

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Found this in my twitter feed this morning, in response to this video: https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/865787952579956736

Anyway, that's why I'm now unemployed and have a criminal record.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

And all the bourgeois clapped

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And then his uncle said: "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Verisimilidude posted:

and you just know this guy's against unions, minimum wage increases, workers standing up against management, etc.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
God I hope someone keys the poo poo out of that car.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Everyone watch this if you haven't already, dude is the best at visual gags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag

This guy's whole channel is pretty great, thanks for sharing!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I fully believe that a solid portion of STDH stories are formed because of someone coming up with a pun like this or a witty retort, and building the story backwards from there. Because "Hey what about a woman wrestler named Sue Plex" just isn't interesting enough.

James_bond.txt

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Verisimilidude posted:

Why would he take a picture of his car out in front of some business/office instead of in the driveway?

Oh right because this probably isn't even his car.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe he lives in an apartment and that's the parking lot for the building. It's possible, since his plates are Florida plates and he's old, that it's a retirement community.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

No one has ever coveted a non-classic Vette that wasn't some poo poo like a ZR-1. It's a car that inspires pity for the owner more than anything else

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Lots of modern Corvettes are cool.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This is one of those stdh's where someone went home and muttered to themselves in the mirror about what they would've done/wanted to do, then wrote it like it actually happened.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

TheMostFrench posted:

This is one of those stdh's where someone went home and muttered to themselves in the mirror about what they would've done/wanted to do, then wrote it like it actually happened.

My favorites are the ones where people make cool/witty/socially conscious responses to situations that haven't happened.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

TheMostFrench posted:

L'esprit de l'escalier has become a loving artform

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How awful your life must be for you to end up feigning amusement at that weak rear end joke.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

How awful your life must be for you to end up feigning amusement at that weak rear end joke.

That was more than feigning mere amusement.

That was feigning finding that joke so hilarious that one nearly soiled oneself.

I'm not sure what the picture of Jared Padalecki is doing there, what Garnier Fructis has to do with the rest of this bad joke, or why every little thing needs a ridiculous exaggeration, but I digress.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
As with most things itt with his or deans picture attached, it's a supernatural thing. He is lucifers vessel for a while.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

TBH I checked out on Supernatural in the first season after the episode with the ghost trucker running people down

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

life is killing me posted:

TBH I checked out on Supernatural in the first season after the episode with the ghost trucker running people down

You forgot the worst part of the episode: the truck was racist. That is by far the low point of the series and I like to pretend that (also the ghost ship episode, also the bugs episode) don't exist. It does get a lot better but it's not really a show I recommend to other people - you either like it enough to put up with the bad episodes, hate it, or are the weird fetishist tumblr crowd who just want to think about the brothers loving each other (sometimes in dog form? I don't know).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You forgot the worst part of the episode: the truck was racist. That is by far the low point of the series and I like to pretend that (also the ghost ship episode, also the bugs episode) don't exist. It does get a lot better but it's not really a show I recommend to other people - you either like it enough to put up with the bad episodes, hate it, or are the weird fetishist tumblr crowd who just want to think about the brothers loving each other (sometimes in dog form? I don't know).

I mean it was actually the ghost of the driver possessing his own ghost truck, rather than the truck somehow being racist.

Supernatural is really a show you want to just pretend ends at season 5. It was originally intended to, in fact! They got renewed after doing their conclusive episode where Sam sacrifices himself to fling Lucifer back into Hell and Dean retires to live a peaceful life raising a family, and the original creator and showrunner left. It's now continued into season 11 with no signs of slowing down, and they keep having to find new ways to raise the stakes from God himself becoming a major character to the exact opposite of God trying to literally destroy existence.

The funny episodes are always better than the serious ones. Even through season 4 and prior, serious episodes are basically Dean growling "I gotta protect you, Sammy!" and making some kind of stupid decision, or Sam lying about the sketchy poo poo he's doing. Both brothers respond in the exact wrong way to everything in their relationship and say that they've learned their lesson and will do better next time, only to forget everything and gently caress things up later.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Apparently season 12 features an AntiChrist subplot where Lucifer knocks up someone at the White House and she knows it's the Antichrist but all life is sacred and she can't abort it.

And the big bad guys after God's older sister The Darkness? Just the British.

Oh and how did they defeat God's older sister who has more power than God? Family counseling.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Len posted:

Apparently season 12 features an AntiChrist subplot where Lucifer knocks up someone at the White House and she knows it's the Antichrist but all life is sacred and she can't abort it.

Oh and how did they defeat God's older sister who has more power than God? Family counseling.

Say what you will about that storyline, but it doesn't come close to the hell that season 6-8 (arguably 9 too) were.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Say what you will about that storyline, but it doesn't come close to the hell that season 6-8 (arguably 9 too) were.

Were those the Leviathans or the stuff with Lilith?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Len posted:

Were those the Leviathans or the stuff with Lilith?

Season 6 was mostly soulless sam, 7 was leviathans, 8 was a lot of tablet stuff. Lilith was season 4, one of the best. Anyway even though a lot of stdh's have something to do with supernatural fans this isn't really the thread for this so I'll stop here.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Len posted:

Was their mother called Martha?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Len posted:

That actually sounds fantastic (if done well). More shows should lean on that as a solution (looking at you entire CWDC-verse).

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I just realised that until now I've always mistaken Supernatural for Eureka, having watched neither :downs:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

JGdmn posted:

"I went on a date with a person three weeks ago, and after incessantly calling them they told me they had cancer.

Just my luck."

If you imagine Steven Wright on the delivery, it works

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

I can believe that. I've had people try mug me before and just looked at them and gone nope and that was all that was needed. I do live in a place where getting robbed at knifepoint is already rare and at gunpoint almost unheard of though so ymmv.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Bogan King posted:

I can believe that. I've had people try mug me before and just looked at them and gone nope and that was all that was needed. I do live in a place where getting robbed at knifepoint is already rare and at gunpoint almost unheard of though so ymmv.

The stdh is coming from inside the thread

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

The stdh is coming from inside the thread

An unarmed smack user who would weigh half you isn't exactly very threatening. Just saying no is enough to get them to back down. I'd be much more worried about the pissed idiot coming out of the pub that the scared junky.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A lot of thieves who do impulsive poo poo like that (especially stuff where they're not trying to commit any violence, like just grabbing a phone or bag out of someone's hand and running) fold as soon as they get any pushback. If the guy's got a knife or gun you obviously can't just tell them to gently caress off, but overall they're not the bravest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmEUcSuH5Dg

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Not every single stdh posted here needs to have proof that it could have possibly happened.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

Not every single stdh posted here needs to have proof that it could have possibly happened.

But one time I totally did do a sick back flip off a skateboard and my father-in-law told me I was the man of the family now, so it does happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

ElGroucho posted:

But one time I totally did do a sick back flip off a skateboard and my father-in-law told me I was the man of the family now, so it does happen

I heard your FIL actually OWNS nintendo, confirm/deny?