Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Agreed, I'm in the shower to get clean and get out asap, I don't find the process really enjoyable and would prefer to enjoy a cold beverage in a more comfortable location, preferably sitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's just a stupid thing, what does being sprayed by water+naked do to enhance the experience of beer?

The combination of a hot shower and a cold beer, it feels good.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Showers are best starting luke warm and ending cold.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

We Know Catheters posted:

The combination of a hot shower and a cold beer, it feels good.

I get the concept but you can get the same feeling outside of a shower, it just seems like going out of your way to do an "lol i'm totally an alcoholic" meme.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Well it is pretty much a meme, yeah

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Henchman of Santa posted:

People who say they prefer dry heat can suck my moist balls. I've been to Vegas in July and it is hell on Earth.

I prefer 110 degree Vegas temps to 90 degree Midwest temps. Dry heat is better than humidity.

Baby Sinclair on Dinosaurs was an abomination. Nearly ruined the show.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

bean_shadow posted:

I prefer 110 degree Vegas temps to 90 degree Midwest temps. Dry heat is better than humidity.

Baby Sinclair on Dinosaurs was an abomination. Nearly ruined the show.

It definitely is, when it was in the low 100s in los alamos with a strong breeze it was actually pretty nice, whereas anything above 75 in florida with 100% humidity is awful.

On one hand, I gotta love baby sinclair (he says so) but on the other, yeah he's pretty useless outside of his catchphrases.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I get the concept but you can get the same feeling outside of a shower, it just seems like going out of your way to do an "lol i'm totally an alcoholic" meme.

Yep, pretty much. I only did it when I was day drinking.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

We Know Catheters posted:

Yep, pretty much. I only did it when I was day drinking.

I guess I went a lower effort route and just drank out of the room temperature bottle of liquor from the previous night when I wake up and played call of duty until I had to do something.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
This conversation is cute.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Yobgoblin posted:

This conversation is cute.

😗

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

It definitely is, when it was in the low 100s in los alamos with a strong breeze it was actually pretty nice, whereas anything above 75 in florida with 100% humidity is awful.

On one hand, I gotta love baby sinclair (he says so) but on the other, yeah he's pretty useless outside of his catchphrases.

I'll always remember being a fatass 8-year-old at Disney World and sweating so bad that some dude asked what water ride I had gone on.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

:respek: They call me "Cool Water Luke" for this exact reason.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The US version of The Office is better than the UK version, at least for the first few seasons.

Also Jim is by far the most grating character on the show and his relationship with Pam is lovely.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

It's just a stupid thing, what does being sprayed by water+naked do to enhance the experience of beer?

I had a similar "that's loving stupid" opinion of the shower beer.

Then I had a shower beer.

Now I love shower beers and enjoy them on the regular.

I can't explain it. I just can't but god drat if it isn't one of the best hings in existence.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also Jim is by far the most grating character on the show and his relationship with Pam is lovely.

Also Jim should have taken that punch from Roy like he deserved. You kiss a man's fiance, you take that punch if/when it's thrown. That's just fair play.

And I agree that Jim was a pretty big rear end in a top hat in that relationship, but they're TV people so.....eh.

edit:

Also the best episode was when Dwight kept hitting Jim with snowballs the entire episode. I actually think it was like a two part episode so it was even better. Just totally destroyed Jim for like 40 minutes.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 01:34 on May 24, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Field Mousepad posted:

Yall know ac is a thing that exists right?

Hanging out in 100 degree weather and going into a 70 degree house and drinking a beer is possibly the best feeling ever.
Air conditioning is fine when you have it, but it's really just relief, not comfort.

Showers are great. What experience wouldn't be improved by a shower?

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

The only way to shower is with the water as hot as you can stand the whole time.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

The only way to shower is with the water as hot as you can stand the whole time.

During our summers since we have no AC when it gets into the low 100s with high humidity I do the opposite - all the way to the cold for as long as I can because that will be the only time I'm at a comfortable temperature that day.

Seriously though I don't know how/why AC isn't a thing in apartments around here. Even if it's only a few weeks of temperatures that high or so, when it is hot it's just as bad as a florida summer. I guess it's also a dependency thing - take AC from a floridian for a few days during the peak of summer and they'll probably be calling 911, whereas germans mostly never had it (at home) so they are used to living like they are reenacting that rhino scene from the second ace ventura movie.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Also Jim should have taken that punch from Roy like he deserved. You kiss a man's fiance, you take that punch if/when it's thrown. That's just fair play.

And I agree that Jim was a pretty big rear end in a top hat in that relationship, but they're TV people so.....eh.

edit:

Also the best episode was when Dwight kept hitting Jim with snowballs the entire episode. I actually think it was like a two part episode so it was even better. Just totally destroyed Jim for like 40 minutes.

Nah Jim wasn't the bad guy in that relationship. Deal with it.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
I'm sure this isn't an unpopular opinion here but Benedict Cumberbatch is a horrible Sherlock Holmes and the fan base is loving annoying (second only to the Dr. Who fan base). Besides, everyone knows Jeremey Brett was the best Holmes.

Sherlock is just a terrible show in general.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I disliked it from the first episode. Then the second one comes out with ancient Chinese secret bullshit.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
How many episodes of Bojack Horseman am I supposed to watch before I start liking it?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Welp.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Das Boo posted:

How many episodes of Bojack Horseman am I supposed to watch before I start liking it?

I watched like half of the first season and never found the point where it starts getting good. It's just a show that relies on the "it's a ridiculous cartoon about talking animals...but it's super serious sometimes" cliche.

As I say whenever this comes up, if you don't like a show in the first few episodes, it's almost never worth forcing yourself to keep going. I learned the hard way trying to find something I liked about The Wire. It just felt like work, not entertainment.

It's OK to not like popular shows.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It just means you don't like black people it's ok to admit it

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
B..But I liked all of Black Jesus

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I watched like half of the first season and never found the point where it starts getting good. It's just a show that relies on the "it's a ridiculous cartoon about talking animals...but it's super serious sometimes" cliche.

As I say whenever this comes up, if you don't like a show in the first few episodes, it's almost never worth forcing yourself to keep going. I learned the hard way trying to find something I liked about The Wire. It just felt like work, not entertainment.

It's OK to not like popular shows.

I guess I'm just really surprised this is the show that everyone's been so enamored with. Like, calling it brilliant.
Usually I can rationalize why something's popular better than this.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bean_shadow posted:

I'm sure this isn't an unpopular opinion here but Benedict Cumberbatch is a horrible Sherlock Holmes and the fan base is loving annoying (second only to the Dr. Who fan base). Besides, everyone knows Jeremey Brett was the best Holmes.

Sherlock is Doctor Who for adults who are too embarrassed to admit they like Doctor Who but who don't realise why they should be embarrassed about it.

Das Boo posted:

I thought the first season was just mediocre. If there's bits you like about it, it might be worth continuing, because it does get a lot better.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bean_shadow posted:

It is entertaining enough to me, but having seen enough of the latter, I think Elementary is the better adaptation of the two.

Re: the most recent season of Sherlock: if you want to do "Sherlock Holmes except he's Literally James Bond" you should just adapt Sexton Blake stories, because Sexton Blake is basically "Sherlock Holmes except he's Literally James Bond" already.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Tiggum posted:

Air conditioning is fine when you have it, but it's really just relief, not comfort.

I live in North Carolina and it's hot and humid a lot of the time and everyone here has air conditioning. Hell people have window units in their garage/sheds and whatnot. It's very much a comfort.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bojack is great. Even if you find the first season a little middling, your enjoyment of it will actually increase by what comes later. It's a very well-crafted show.

And if you people are so bound and determined to drink in your bathrooms, just run a bath and make an evening of it, geez.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd say watch the Navy Seal episode of season 1 of Bojack to get a feel if the show is gonna be something you'll like. It's an alright show, and I usually get a good laugh once an episode, but I don't think it's as brilliant as most people on these forums thinks. They do say "gently caress" once a season to emphasize what ever big point is being made to Bojack, so if you think that is the height of expression and writing then have at it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The first like six episodes of Bojack are Family Guyish. When it starts getting depressing (the Malibu episode) is when it starts getting good and unique. Even the Bojack thread in TVIV is lukewarm on the early episodes.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Field Mousepad posted:

I live in North Carolina and it's hot and humid a lot of the time and everyone here has air conditioning. Hell people have window units in their garage/sheds and whatnot. It's very much a comfort.

Temperatures above 70 F are ok I guess if you can lay all day on a beach chair drinking a cold beer and never have to move. Any activity more demanding than that would be more enjoyable at a chill temperature.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

doverhog posted:

Temperatures above 70 F are ok I guess if you can lay all day on a beach chair drinking a cold beer and never have to move. Any activity more demanding than that would be more enjoyable at a chill temperature.

What do you think we do on our days off? The most strenuous activity I do is reeling in a fishing pole.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

People who try and make every tragedy about them are the worst. I'm talking about people who, after something like the Manchester bombing, will say "oh poo poo, I drive by that arena once every few weeks" and get a bunch of "thank God you're OK" as if they were in any real danger.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

People who try and make every tragedy about them are the worst. I'm talking about people who, after something like the Manchester bombing, will say "oh poo poo, I drive by that arena once every few weeks" and get a bunch of "thank God you're OK" as if they were in any real danger.

The initial "I've been to that place!" reaction is completely understandable. In our modern techno dystopia, violence is completely removed from most people's lives, it's a thing on TV, it's not actually real. So when something from your reality is affected by the plot of the TV show called "the news" it's loving weird.

But yeah, the middle aged midwestern lady ten years after 9/11 telling people that she and her then-husband were thinking about doing a second honeymoon in New York that year, it could've been them on that plane! yeah gently caress her

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love it when there's some tragedy in a country and anyone who knows anyone in that country suddenly has to check to make sure the people they know are ok. "Oh my GAWD my cousin is traveling in england right now and I couldn't get through to him last night oh my god I hope he's ok!!!! No, he's staying in London, no he doesn't like that music, but a thing happened in england I have to make sure he's ok and make sure everyone on social media knows I'm worried about someone there!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I can understand why there's a big hullaballoo about Manchester bombing etc, but that's an event that happens hardly every second day somewhere in "the middle east" and people are desensitised to the point it doesn't even rate a mention in most mainstream media.