Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Scalding Coffee posted:

Why not work the whole day in case the game itself somehow doesn't?

This is usually how it goes for me. The times I have been able to get into multiplayer games day 1, the online has always been a shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm at work till 11 tonight - but I'll try to setup the STEAM group for the morning. I'll probably have to make some kind of graphic with Jason and the SA grenade or something. Will post once the group is formed.

Also, someone smarter than me should do the discord thing.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'll work on the discord when i get home.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced and it's crazy to think it's just days away from release. I watched some twitch streams on it when it was in a public beta phase a few months back and as fun as it looked there were some things about it that looked janky as hell and unfinished. I haven't seen anything recent on it though and I'm probably going to still get it either way but I'm just wondering if much of anything has been improved since then or is it generally still the same game?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I can't decide which Jason I want to use as my "main" Jason.

This has nothing to do with actual gameplay of course, and everything to do with which Jason from the movies is my favorite. I like baghead Jason from Part 2, but then I really am not a huge fan of hockey mask Jason until he went full zombie in Part 6. Gothic Super-Jason is probably the best.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I hope I live to Friday. What a terrible week to die IRL.

Just don't go poking any dead disfigured serial killers in the chest with a metal pole during a thunderstorm and you'll be alright.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

King Vidiot posted:

Just don't go poking any dead disfigured serial killers in the chest with a metal pole during a thunderstorm and you'll be alright.

Ahhh poo poo.... too late.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

AndyElusive posted:

I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced and it's crazy to think it's just days away from release. I watched some twitch streams on it when it was in a public beta phase a few months back and as fun as it looked there were some things about it that looked janky as hell and unfinished. I haven't seen anything recent on it though and I'm probably going to still get it either way but I'm just wondering if much of anything has been improved since then or is it generally still the same game?

I didn't really notice what you are referring to, there were definitely some bugs on a few things. The most notorious ones were where a counselor's camera would get stuck during a loot sequence, forever pinning them to those nefarious end tables and dressers until Jason killed them. The other would occur on Jason, he would get stuck on an infinite loop of breaking down a door.

The devs expressed very clearly that they were aware of those issues and moved to fix them during / after beta. One even went into great technical detail on why the infinite door-smash bug was occurring, which was pretty cool. (I forget where / when this discussion happened)

There hasn't been a 2nd beta, sadly, but I would expect that the post-beta grooming took care of most major concerns.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Just so you guys know I'm suffering from either an upper respiratory infection or allergic reactions to all the loving PLANTS (don't know yet) so if you encounter a Jason that sounds like a wheezy Bane,you'll know why.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jason really should be silent imo. Either that or do the kikikimamama sound into the mic when you get close to a counselor.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

Jason really should be silent imo.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They did mention that Jason gets another skill that turns off his music if you stand still. He now uses throwing knives and traps.

Basebf555 posted:

Jason really should be silent imo.
That goes well with him being deadly.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 23, 2017

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
OK, I've never made one of these before, so consider this a work in progress. Feel free to message me either in discord or here if you have ideas or anything to contribute.

https://discord.gg/AvqGFbM

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I know the various Jason's get unique kills, but does Part 6 Jason have a kill where he snaps someone in half?

Likewise punching someone's head clean off and into a dumpster should be unique to Part 8 Jason.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Jason really should be silent imo. Either that or play Yakkety Sax while chasing down a counselor.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think this game will get old after like 2 weeks, but i want it just so i can play horrible meme music whenever i catch someone.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Jason Goonhees STEAM group is up. I put a link to the discord created above, thanks to Inside Out Mom.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JasonGoonhees

Edit: and OP updated.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 23, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

dogstile posted:

I think this game will get old after like 2 weeks, but i want it just so i can play horrible meme music whenever i catch someone.

Agreed, I don't really expect the novelty to last much longer than a few weeks, but I think its gonna be a really fun few weeks.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

Agreed, I don't really expect the novelty to last much longer than a few weeks, but I think its gonna be a really fun few weeks.

People are still playing DbD for some reason tho. That's like a year out?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

People are still playing DbD for some reason tho. That's like a year out?

I'm only speaking for myself, no way I could play DbD for that long. At least this game has Jason, so there's a nostalgia factor to playing Jason or trying to survive Jason, but it won't last forever.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

ComposerGuy posted:

Agree 100 percent.

It's shipping with 3, which I think is a solid number considering the obvious care that went into map design. I'm hoping we end up with a cruise ship style map a la Part 8 down the line. Maybe instead of cars you have to activate life boats?

I'd also like Part 5's halfway-home ranch thing and the crystal Lake town itself, which shows up a few times in the series.

Don't forget Jason X so we can kill people IN SPACE

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Plus the upcoming single player mode.

edit: I'd kill for a Jason X map. <3 that pig-mask.

Oh and instead of calling in Tommy Jarvis you call in David Chronenberg who has zero attributes and a button dedicated to mocking the other players.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

We'll make a STEAM group - but we need to come up with an acceptable name.

Jason Goonhees?

+1

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

It is done, come join all!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JasonGoonhees

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Friend Computer shall join tonight, because Fun is Mandatory citizens.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Carebearz posted:

Friend Computer shall join tonight, because Fun is Mandatory citizens.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm off Friday and my girlfriend is out of the country for the weekend I'm gonna be covered in gore and cheeto dust

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Im just excited to see some of the streams from the game. I laughed my rear end off throughout the beta.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Drunken Baker posted:

Likewise punching someone's head clean off and into a dumpster should be unique to Part 8 Jason.

Only if the dumpster is in a fixed location on the map and the punched head always sails clean into it, regardless of where you were on the map at the time.

I want to see clips of some poor counselor's head flying through windows, around trees, opening doors for itself, and bouncing off the dumpster's open lid before landing inside. With NBA Jam sound effects dubbed in.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

blackguy32 posted:

Im just excited to see some of the streams from the game. I laughed my rear end off throughout the beta.

yeah i normally don't watch gameplay videos AT ALL but i lost about a week of evenings to hunting down beta footage from streamers when i found this thread. even if i'm too busy to pick it up and play this weekend, i'll be relaxing with a beer and some potato chips watching someone play. probably that one cat tinfoil posted earlier who is one hundred percent schtick but his schtick is very excited and happy to be here black guy so it's a fun schtick

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Wanderer posted:

Only if the dumpster is in a fixed location on the map and the punched head always sails clean into it, regardless of where you were on the map at the time.

I want to see clips of some poor counselor's head flying through windows, around trees, opening doors for itself, and bouncing off the dumpster's open lid before landing inside. With NBA Jam sound effects dubbed in.

I want to be the counselor looting a cabin halfway in between when I see the head sail by the window.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wanderer posted:

FROM DOWNTOWN! BOOM SHAKALAKA!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Wanderer posted:

Jason should be able to murder someone so hard they bust through parts of buildings.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

FROM DOWNTOWN! BOOM SHAKALAKA!

i wanna dub madworld commentary over this instead

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

i wanna dub madworld commentary over this instead

*Councilor runs away* Run, dickhead, run!
*Jason kills a councilor* Screaming won't help. But it sure is fun to listen to!

Basically, Howard and Kreese(or however you're supposed to spell it) cheering Jason on would be hilarious.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if someone has a soundboard for them i know how i'm going to gussy up my recorded rounds for youtubb

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

if someone has a soundboard for them i know how i'm going to gussy up my recorded rounds for youtubb

Here. Found it in the LP thread.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

holy gently caress i didn't expect to actually get one out of that

this owns, thank you surge

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Coolguye posted:

holy gently caress i didn't expect to actually get one out of that

this owns, thank you surge

You're very welcome duder!

Also, for people who pre-ordered on Steam, pre-loads are up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Scalding Coffee posted:

Jason should be able to murder someone so hard they bust through parts of buildings.

He does use parts of buildings to murder people, is that good enough? (The door slam is my favorite)

• Locked thread