Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Edit beaten goddamn I'm late

In other news my Batman won't lose survival and I actually want to play, but I'm also invested in his progress. How far will this fucker go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Guild boss this week is a horrible design. Locked out once he dies, and it only took 4 rounds to kill him, that's some bullshit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

adding a punchwalking rage-drunk blood-mage with a demonic cat hellbent on righteous revenge is worth the "remove solomon grundy/sinestro/lex luthor" price of admission

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

DLC Inc posted:

adding a punchwalking rage-drunk blood-mage with a demonic cat hellbent on righteous revenge is worth the "remove solomon grundy/sinestro/lex luthor" price of admission

Sinestro is also boring as gently caress. Plus they removed Luthor when Superman hosed him up.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
At the end of the story mode I was left thinking: wait, they're really gonna leave all the alien cities in suspended animation? Why don't they put them down on earth? Then I saw joker's arcade ending where he does exactly that and watches with glee as all the different cultures murder one-another. I'm not sure if I should be more concerned about my thought process lining up with a maniac's or with the subtle xenophobia coming out of NRS's writing team.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I love all the arcade endings I've seen.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

At the end of the story mode I was left thinking: wait, they're really gonna leave all the alien cities in suspended animation? Why don't they put them down on earth? Then I saw joker's arcade ending where he does exactly that and watches with glee as all the different cultures murder one-another. I'm not sure if I should be more concerned about my thought process lining up with a maniac's or with the subtle xenophobia coming out of NRS's writing team.

Green Lantern: Mosaic plays with a similar concept really well, as Green Lantern John Stewart keeps the peace in a patched-together world of disparate alien cultures the Guardians task him with policing.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Can we like get a list of people down to play actual Vs. matches in the OP or something? Having a hard time finding people to play with and this thread is hoppin' so that shouldn't really be the case.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah that would be good

I'm either Shnucka or Chuggy and am pretty much always up for battles. My name is in green text if you're in goon guild #1

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I was gonna tell all 15 of us in the xguild to work on the multiverse stuff for us but Jesus above I wouldn't wish Sacrifice on my worst enemy

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Is there a way to see how much you've contributed to your guild?

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

Only about 3 characters classified as villains get chapters.

(The right side of the character select screen.)

Actually, when it comes to the Multiverse it gets weird about who counts as heroes and villains. It's like it uses the non-Injustice versions to determine this.

For example, Harley did not count for a Multiverse objective that said "beat this event with a hero" even though she's on the left side of the select screen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dexie posted:

Is there a way to see how much you've contributed to your guild?

yeah in the guild menu select the player list and select a person

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Could I get an invite to whatever goon guild has space? PSN is Halgreth.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This is a pretty good game to do chores to. Just set the AI to the endless tower and push X every 90 seconds while they level. Walk out with a high level box.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Am I alone in thinking this is the shallowest origin story ever?
Note: I am not much of a comic book reader.

Fix posted:

This is a pretty good game to do chores to. Just set the AI to the endless tower and push X every 90 seconds while they level. Walk out with a high level box.
Wait, what? You can have the AI play for you in the endless tower? Huh...

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Any of the single player metaverse stuff, as far as I can tell.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fix posted:

So Injustice 2 is really a Clicker game?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I mean, sometimes you get to equip stuff on the way that makes your character slightly statistically stronger, making the clicks more efficient, but I don't see how...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DaveKap posted:

It's a cat, no poo poo it's not going to have elaborate and multilayered reasoning it's pissed off.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

It's a cat, no poo poo it's not going to have elaborate and multilayered reasoning it's pissed off.
I was thinking more on the "ring randomly flies in from the sky deus ex machina style" end of things because, as you said, the cat side doesn't need to be elaborate. I suspect it's because I don't read Lantern Corps comics that that particular part seems dumb to me.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DaveKap posted:

I was thinking more on the "ring randomly flies in from the sky deus ex machina style" end of things because, as you said, the cat side doesn't need to be elaborate. I suspect it's because I don't read Lantern Corps comics that that particular part seems dumb to me.

That's how lantern rings work, they fly around the cosmos seeking out individuals who embody their corps' paragon attributes, sometimes after the previous ring user dies.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Or you can be Alan Scott and just make your own drat ring.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

McSpanky posted:

That's how lantern rings work, they fly around the cosmos seeking out individuals who embody their corps' paragon attributes, sometimes after the previous ring user dies.
Gotcha. I only ever knew that a previous Green Lantern died in front of Hal Sparks.. er, Hal Jordan and that's how he got his.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I went ahead and made an injustice-specific (basic) frame data tutorial that hopefully some of you will find helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GThPww9DdEY

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DaveKap posted:

Note: I am not much of a comic book reader.

It's from a comic that fit like 3 origins into 20 pages.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm curious which designer looked up medium in the dictionary and translated that into relentless countering of every attack with a 30%+ punish, not to mention the things Braniac gets as a boss.

On a less salty note, I made fun on the inclusion of Captain Cold but I've ended up actually really liking him. I'm not really sure what the best use of his character ability is yet though.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Relax Or DIE posted:

On a less salty note, I made fun on the inclusion of Captain Cold but I've ended up actually really liking him. I'm not really sure what the best use of his character ability is yet though.

The level 2 charge attack (the giant snowglobe) is ridiculously good. It's hard to build up charge for it but very worth it if you can pull it off.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I definitely liked Captain Cold a lot despite never hearing of him before, the only thing that disappointed me was the lack of a snowglobes reference when he fights Power Girl. It helps that he's pretty easy to get used to playing.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014
He only does it once in a while, but I wish I could have Batman answer every clash with "I'M BATMAN"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Anime_Otaku posted:

I definitely liked Captain Cold a lot despite never hearing of him before, the only thing that disappointed me was the lack of a snowglobes reference when he fights Power Girl. It helps that he's pretty easy to get used to playing.

I did notice they snuck in a let it go.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nova Odin posted:

He only does it once in a while, but I wish I could have Batman answer every clash with "I'M BATMAN"

"I'M BATMAN"
"Uh, hello? Boxing glove arrow?"

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Jmcrofts posted:

I went ahead and made an injustice-specific (basic) frame data tutorial that hopefully some of you will find helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GThPww9DdEY

Just watched all your tutorials. Good poo poo, quick explanations, no fuckin' preamble or intro or whatever. Thanks!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Is it worth playing Injustice 1 or should I jump into Injustice 2? I grabbed the first one during a steam sale ages ago and never really got into it because I got DBZ Xenoverse around the same time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would say maybe watch the IJ1 cutscene movie that must exist on YouTube and then just play this one. I guess if you're not sure if you like fighting games or NRS fighting games you can mess around with the first one

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man they really did cut out a lot of characters from 1 right? Like every couple of posts I remember someone and it's like dang

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Calaveron posted:

Man they really did cut out a lot of characters from 1 right? Like every couple of posts I remember someone and it's like dang

the roster is so much better this time though

and theres 9 more coming

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Is it worth playing Injustice 1 or should I jump into Injustice 2? I grabbed the first one during a steam sale ages ago and never really got into it because I got DBZ Xenoverse around the same time.

If you're also waiting for 2 on Steam like I am, might as well, right? It's the direct predecessor so I figure it's a good setup and most of the returning characters apparently play pretty similarly.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

McSpanky posted:

If you're also waiting for 2 on Steam like I am, might as well, right? It's the direct predecessor so I figure it's a good setup and most of the returning characters apparently play pretty similarly.

This poo poo isn't out for PC? WTF do these people hate money or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

This poo poo isn't out for PC? WTF do these people hate money or something.

They doing the PC port in-house after the MK X/XL fiasco, by the time it comes out it'll probably be an Ultimate Edition or a bundled season pass.

• Locked thread