Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
David Irving just got popped for PEDs, 4 game suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

/puts envelope to forehead

"What is the opposite of athletic?"

https://twitter.com/panthersbill/status/867004860927004672

He runs like a fat dad that used to be kind of athletic when he was young but now his heels hurt like hell whenever he tries to run the bases at the family reunion softball game.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't like Fitzpatrick's late career heel turn.

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/867072227510018049

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Wasn't he like the best kicker in college his whole time there? (Talking about Agouya not Foles)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Super young and died alone :(

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fsif posted:

I don't like Fitzpatrick's late career heel turn.

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/867072227510018049

I always imagined Fitz as Charles Emerson Winchester III from MASH

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just had a daymare about Nick Foles outplaying Wentz for the starting job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Spintzel posted:

Wasn't he like the best kicker in college his whole time there? (Talking about Agouya not Foles)

His first two years he was genuinely amazing. He had more misses his final year, iirc, then the other two combined. He was a good college kicker and will go down as one of FSU's best, but at the same time, it was still just college kicking. Wider uprights and hash marks make the game completely different.

Here's his 3 years at FSU:
code:
Year 	School 		Conf 	Class 	G 	XPM 	XPA 	XP% 	FGM 	FGA 	FG% 	Pts 	
*2013	Florida State	ACC	FR	14	94	94	100.0	21	22	95.5	157	
*2014	Florida State	ACC	SO	14	55	55	100.0	27	30	90.0	136	
*2015	Florida State	ACC	JR	13	49	49	100.0	21	26	80.8	112	

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 23, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

I don't believe any player is in shape until they upload a video of them lifting giant weights while balancing on a yoga ball and covered in giant weight chains.

What if they flip enormous tires over and over

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Boosh! posted:

good

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Amy Pole Her posted:

Parker is apparently blowing everyone away by eating the meals the team nutritionist has prepared for him (he reportedly skipped meals regularly and would eat candy bars. No joke.)

Wasn't there an ESPN piece recently about how lovely some pro athletes eat? Like Dwight Howard or something was eating nothing but candy and was getting nerve damage because of it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dwight didn't know you're not supposed to eat like 20 candy bars a day

Also lol at that report. in other news, I'm blowing everyone away at work by not sleeping on the job or masturbating into the coffee machine

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember watching an interview with Lamar Odom where he had the sweats because he ate too much sugar

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Ice Fist posted:

Wasn't there an ESPN piece recently about how lovely some pro athletes eat? Like Dwight Howard or something was eating nothing but candy and was getting nerve damage because of it.

It was a bigger story in 2013 I think, but it may have come back around recently.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/prior-doctor-intervention-dwight-howard-eating-equivalent-24-215009519--nba.html
http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2017/03/24/dwight-howard-ate-5-5k-calories-candy-daily-for-10-years-whats-health-risk.html

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Mr. Nice! posted:

His first two years he was genuinely amazing. He had more misses his final year, iirc, then the other two combined. He was a good college kicker and will go down as one of FSU's best, but at the same time, it was still just college kicking. Wider uprights and hash marks make the game completely different.

Don't hashes make it more difficult in college? You are kicking from a much wider angle, and in some situations closer to the goal line the angle can be really sharp.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/867087358557945856

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What an unfortunate looking fellow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is there an uglier QB than Glennon, starter or otherwise?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Intruder posted:

Dwight didn't know you're not supposed to eat like 20 candy bars a day

Also lol at that report. in other news, I'm blowing everyone away at work by not sleeping on the job or masturbating into the coffee machine

The next big pro sports scandal is going to be the diabetes epidemic and why the NBA/NFL are covering it up to protect the big candy companies

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Intruder posted:

Weeden, Dalton

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

Actually I think with some cleanup and an actual haircut Luck would probably be a decent looking guy. Like how Cutler went from looking like a fat 16 year old on the Broncos to metro dude on the Bears.

Glennon is just an awkward looking motherfucker.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Dalton looks fine.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Good lord that is one ugly motherfucker.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Glennon was ranked ahead of Alex Smith on that QB ranking yesterday and I just don't understand. I think there's a large gulf between "safe" and "bad".

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slowpoke! posted:

Don't hashes make it more difficult in college? You are kicking from a much wider angle, and in some situations closer to the goal line the angle can be really sharp.

The goalposts are wider to accommodate for the extremes, but in general, most kicking is done from similar positions to the NFL. There aren't a lot of kicks coming from inside the 10 out on one of the hashes. So essentially college kicking you end up with a little bit wider spots, but still kicking from far enough away that the angle doesn't really come into play. Aguayo would probably still been a solid kicker for the bucs if he had college goalposts to kick at. Instead he has to deal with narrower goalposts and has to kick higher due to bigger linemen/defender.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

drat. I wanted to see a write up of Nelson Agholor today and instead articles from 2015 and 2016 popped up about how he was the standout star of the first day of OTA's.

Nov 6, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Aguayo would probably still been a solid kicker for the bucs if he had college goalposts to kick at.

He would probably be a solid kicker if they took him in the 5th and he didn't have the Sword of Damocles hanging over his head every kick.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Am I the only person bothered by how poorly he worded that sentence? Everything shouldn't need to rely on context.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Intruder posted:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/867100303862243330

Home field advantage?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It'd be pretty funny if that resulted in the Chargers going to SB 55 and the Buccaneers 56

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
drafting kickers is cool and good. there's a reason why the most successful coaches in the NFL have emphasized good special teams play

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Is getting a college kid to book his flight really that stupid? The hardest part of the evaluation process is about character. Figuring out personal responsibility seems like something that is difficult to do, so I can see a front office being impressed about someone going above and beyond.

I'm more concerned this is the part of their evaluation process they are sharing with the media. :v:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/867065631631220736

Work him, Amari!

https://twitter.com/Obee1ne/status/867103466837221376

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/867102869232766976

Pirate Gang bitch

but seriously, can we play our games on that ship in 2019?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Boosh! posted:

Oh hey Cowboys offseason in full swing I see

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Name your team's disappointing player that's totally gonna turn it around this year for real this time y'all.

I'll go first: Jeremy Maclin

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Name your team's disappointing player that's totally gonna turn it around this year for real this time y'all.

Josh Gordon :negative:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Any one of our offensive lineman.

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

kiimo posted:

Martavis, who is already taking 1st team snaps on his 1st day back with the team in 16 months.

• Locked thread