Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

redbubble.com trip report: Took over two weeks to ship from different European vendor's to Germany (Swiss, Finland and a third country actually). Shirts are flimsy with a not-so-high quality print. They smelled awful (but maybe that's normal, I don't know) and the cotton does not feel very nice. Stickers all have a white border (that was expected though) and are okay. Black is a dark grey though and there's lots of dithering. The one cup I ordered was fine. Nice blacks and nice print, if you can call it that. All in all it was not awful, but I am not excited about them either. Certainly not better than the next cornerstone printshop.
The one threadless shirt I ordered years ago had a much better quality (cotton & print).

QC on red bubble stuff is whack. I ordered a bunch of posters and they were artifacted to hell. Some of them print on the correct side of poster paper but the image was only like 1/3 of the thing. RB replaced them with prints from other folks, but if nobody's even glancing at these things before they go out the door, I'll find someone else to print them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

The Sexual Shiite posted:

A buddy of mine rummage sales as a hobby, knows I collect transformers. He picked this up for a dollar, only asked for a dollar. I argued him up to 10. Only pieces missing are the gun and gun mounting clip. The figure has a crack, but it's in amazing condition overall, for what it cost.
:hfive:
I picked a transformer too!

It's a backpack:

That turns into a kayak! :dance:

I can't wait to take it out for some overnight paddling trips :getin:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

OSU_Matthew posted:

It's a backpack:

I've been looking at exactly this. Please report after you actually use it a few times.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wish pcos bill would troll me.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Nice. Last year I lucked into this huge Star Wars collection which I sold off like 4 pieces to pay for itself, but lately I've been wanting to beef it up so I can just make a whole Hoth battle scene. I was looking at stuff on ebay and craigslist, and realized this guy who deals in nothing but star wars lives like 5 minutes from me. Met up with him Saturday to trade him some stuff I didn't want (Slave I and some loose accessories) and some money for a hoth playset, a tauntaun, the micro Hoth ion cannon playset, one figure and the ewok village. A good trade but it's a pretty silly hobby that I hope I'm able to cut off soon.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

You don't get to criticize anyone on taste, I've seen some of the poo poo you buy.

Bape Culture posted:

I wish pcos bill would troll me.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

OSU_Matthew posted:

It's a backpack:

That looks like a death trap, but have fun!

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

OSU_Matthew posted:

It's a backpack:

What the gently caress I want this exact thing! What is the name of it???

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
My new toy just arrived!

Daiwa sv103xl casting reel. It plams so much better then the reel I am replacing it with. I see why people freaked out when then discontinued them.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

treiz01 posted:

What the gently caress I want this exact thing! What is the name of it???

https://www.orukayak.com/

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Thanks, PB.

Ugh, gently caress the Canadian dollar. With shipping and conversion that's $1800... $500 more than I just blew on computer parts :/

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
^^Check out Moosejaw and Backcountry, they've got these on sale at the moment

Rolo posted:

I've been looking at exactly this. Please report after you actually use it a few times.

Will do! I decided to pull the trigger because it's 20% off with free shipping right now at backcountry.com, which is approaching the used prices I see them selling for when they occasionally pop up on ebay

bongwizzard posted:

That looks like a death trap, but have fun!

It might be, but at least it'll be fun!

They've actually got some great videos with people wailing on them with hammers to no effect, dropping them off several story buildings, and using the hull material as the hinge for a swing in their office, all without incident. They're supposed to be rated to 20,000 folds, and this one is the third iteration, with improved buckles and seat, which appear to be the biggest complaints of the earliest ones. Some padding magazine passed one around their staff writers for a year with the only issue being the buckles, so I figure I should be safe with my rate of usage. It's made out of that same corrugated plastic that mail tubs are made out of, and I've seen those things receive ungodly amounts of abuse so that's pretty reassuring.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

OSU_Matthew posted:

^^Check out Moosejaw and Backcountry, they've got these on sale at the moment

Oh poo poo, Backcountry has this for like, $400 less than the manufacturer, when you factor in shipping to Canada.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

OSU_Matthew posted:

They've actually got some great videos with people wailing on them with hammers to no effect, dropping them off several story buildings, and using the hull material as the hinge for a swing in their office, all without incident. They're supposed to be rated to 20,000 folds, and this one is the third iteration, with improved buckles and seat, which appear to be the biggest complaints of the earliest ones. Some padding magazine passed one around their staff writers for a year with the only issue being the buckles, so I figure I should be safe with my rate of usage. It's made out of that same corrugated plastic that mail tubs are made out of, and I've seen those things receive ungodly amounts of abuse so that's pretty reassuring.

I mean there was this guy with wings made of feathers and wax talking the same way about his new toy, he doesn't post much anymore for some reason.

It does look easier to patch in the field then an inflatable, but still freaks me out. I like my tiny boats thick as gently caress and full of semi-sealed air chambers.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

redbubble.com trip report: Took over two weeks to ship from different European vendor's to Germany (Swiss, Finland and a third country actually). Shirts are flimsy with a not-so-high quality print. They smelled awful (but maybe that's normal, I don't know) and the cotton does not feel very nice. Stickers all have a white border (that was expected though) and are okay. Black is a dark grey though and there's lots of dithering. The one cup I ordered was fine. Nice blacks and nice print, if you can call it that. All in all it was not awful, but I am not excited about them either. Certainly not better than the next cornerstone printshop.
The one threadless shirt I ordered years ago had a much better quality (cotton & print).

FWIW, I've always had good experiences ordering stuff from Redbubble in :australia: Maybe they have different printing facilities or something? The shirts I get (black unisex t-shirt) are super comfortable and hold up to being washed just fine. Print quality is good on the shirts and the stickers and art prints I've ordered in the past have all looked great. I don't think the stickers all had white borders either.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Cleveland rocks!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trigger warning this sort of filth in the future.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

Cleveland rocks!

Drew Carey Show ruled and it's never on cable.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Argyle posted:

Drew Carey Show ruled and it's never on cable.

Actually, it's on Laff TV. I get it on Dish Network, but it's available as a digital sub-channel, too.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mister Kingdom posted:

Actually, it's on Laff TV. I get it on Dish Network, but it's available as a digital sub-channel, too.

It is. It's an SD sub-channel broadcast by ABC in Chicago (channel 7.3 for OTA)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mister Kingdom posted:

Cleveland rocks!

Comes with all Drew's favorite things:

-mug.

Get to playing!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mug and ledger of his Dark Deeds.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I would watch a documentary on the chain of events that led to a Drew Carey doll being manufactured.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Toast Museum posted:

I would watch a documentary on the chain of events that led to a Drew Carey doll being manufactured.

Popular show
-->
Character from show
-->
Merchandise

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
It's not a doll, it's an inaction figure!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Inzombiac posted:

Mug and ledger of his Dark Deeds.

It's supposed to be a briefcase.

Question: do I get the companion Mimi doll?

I suspect it's the same body.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I suspect it's the same body.

There's only one way to find out!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

A yummy yummy candy apple red fender jaguar

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

New ray ban carbon fibre sunglasses to replace the ones I bought less than a year ago. sigh

Also GTA V for the fourth time (PC)

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
A cd copy of the reissued Adore album by the Smashing Pumpkins, with autorip option from Amazon Prime.

I got a nice surprise. I ordered the single disc copy for $16 and change expecting the license to just the one disc album on Amazon music, and was given the license for the 6 disc super deluxe version, which, if bought by itself, would have been 34 bucks.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mister Kingdom posted:

Question: do I get the companion Mimi doll?

I'd say the novelty value of owning what appears to be a doll-sized enema bulb really answers your own question.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

OSU_Matthew posted:

It's a backpack:

What the gently caress? Is this an actual real thing? It looks ridiculous. Like you've got a mattress strapped to your back.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Got this white noise machine because my neighbor is a white trash piece of poo poo who runs a gasoline powered generator 24/7.
The brand is LectroFan, and they are $40-50 in the US.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
New couch!

(Will clean up the wires and the fact that it is currently standing on the speaker when I get home from work.)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

betterinsodapop posted:

Got this white noise machine because my neighbor is a white trash piece of poo poo who runs a gasoline powered generator 24/7.

I have one of these and it's a godsend. Remember to bring it with you if you're traveling or you'll miss it. :)

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

betterinsodapop posted:

I just got one of these too after staying in an AirBnB that had one. Great for drowning out street traffic and taking the edge off my wife's snoring.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I have one of these and it's a godsend. Remember to bring it with you if you're traveling or you'll miss it. :)

I have something similar at home (from Brookstone, I believe) but when I travel I just use a free white noise app for my phone. Almost as good.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

betterinsodapop posted:

Oh, you must live two doors down from me. :argh:

Let me know how it works for you. I could really use something to drown out that dumb loving huckleberry.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
I dumpster dived a laptop with 64 bits of raw country power, and I just attended a Microsoft talk at a conference about some hilarious interop Linux poo poo they put into Win10 Creators Update, so I did something really weird and paid for an operating system.

I'm also probably going to play a poo poo ton of Factorio on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Pastry of the Year posted:

Oh, you must live two doors down from me. :argh:

Let me know how it works for you. I could really use something to drown out that dumb loving huckleberry.
I'll report back after my first night with it. Really hoping it helps.