Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

We decided to make all the toads the same, because it's important to protect our brand and the strength of the characters.

*puts this out*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unironically:

I think the Minions are annoying as poo poo but they're also insanely popular and Rabbids were Minions before Minions and were really popular. In terms of appealing to people who want goofy poo poo "Mario + Minions" is probably not a bad idea even if it makes me want to smash my screen.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Unironically:

I think the Minions are annoying as poo poo but they're also insanely popular and Rabbids were Minions before Minions and were really popular. In terms of appealing to people who want goofy poo poo "Mario + Minions" is probably not a bad idea even if it makes me want to smash my screen.

this is a reasonable point, if nintendo can get a piece of that minions pie they'll be bankrolled for the next few years. kids loving love those minions

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hey I mean it could work. We don't know a whole lot about the thing yet

Turtle Shelves? Not today Grandpa!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM1JiZYNbkM

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
to be fair, minions are bearable when i'm really fuckin high, so maybe we're just curmudgeons

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

We decided to make all the toads the same, because it's important to protect our brand and the strength of the characters.

Wiat, there's no more sleepy toad, and Toad with glasses, and Toad who says "OH NO!" what happened, who took my toads.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The White Dragon posted:

to be fair, minions are bearable when i'm really fuckin high, so maybe we're just curmudgeons

point of order, being really highs whole purpose is to make unbearable things bearable, you're stating a tautology

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

The White Dragon posted:

so do we have to fight the uber rabbid as mario or what

We fight a rabbid who dresses up as Bowser or something. French people smoking peyote pitched the idea.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

gently caress, man, then they should have just gone all the way. Mario Military Madness #RS6 Siege

Anything is possible. Including Ubisoft endorsing a Tom Clancy x Roosterteeth's RWBY fanfiction crossover.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Did they have a non-English speaker write that copy or something lol

Who was supposed to see that?

These types of presentations are made for internal or retail partners rather than for the actual audience for the product. For example:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's amazing because I actually don't know what After Earth is.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I dunno either but isn't that the StarCraft 2 cover?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Phantasium posted:

It's amazing because I actually don't know what After Earth is.

i think they actually mean "a visual catalogue of our major titles that are set in a civilization that has left earth"

oh shirts and figures and mugs too i guess

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I really hate that they just gave everyone really generic sci-fi guns, it's really jarring and really bland at the same time. Mario games have like, four or five different weapon-y upgrades that would all have been a lot more visually interesting.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

I dunno either but isn't that the StarCraft 2 cover?

I thought this too?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

suuma posted:

I thought this too?

It is. This is just a brand mockup for something they're looking to put out. It's an internal feeler for a product line they're looking to start.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

The Minions are perfectly fine as dumb cartoons for kids, the backlash is mostly about them being loving everywhere thanks to merchandising and weird aunts and grandmas inexplicably clinging to them as totems.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

tap my mountain posted:

Ubisoft has put garbage games on every Nintendo system, it's not a great metric for the success of a console.

Ubisoft famously pulled Rayman Legends out from being a Wii U launch title for basically BS reasons.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

The Minions are perfectly fine as dumb cartoons for kids, the backlash is mostly about them being loving everywhere thanks to merchandising and weird aunts and grandmas inexplicably clinging to them as totems.

It's really helped weed out people on my Facebook feed though

Post a Minion and your online self is relegated to the digital Gehenna of "still technically FB friends but I don't want to see your like 10 stupid reposts of dumb memes you find on FB groups a day"

*if you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best but it's a Minion dressed up like Marilyn Monroe*

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Ubisoft famously pulled Rayman Legends out from being a Wii U launch title for basically BS reasons.

They pulled Legends and kept Rabbids Land? No wonder they are getting bought out.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have totally missed the Minion saturation somehow, I just know they were in Despicable Me and then a few movies after it. I've never seen anybody post one on Facebook or encountered any of the merchandise that I can think of.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

I have totally missed the Minion saturation somehow, I just know they were in Despicable Me and then a few movies after it. I've never seen anybody post one on Facebook or encountered any of the merchandise that I can think of.

moms love them so they are everywhere.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Moms are tough.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Help I'm bored at work and can't stop thinking about My Hero Academia, how the hell did an anime get under my skin like that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope those ad paper whatevers are fake because it feels really weird seeing swearing alongside mario and rabbids

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Looks like someone needs to play a Way of the Samurai game

Awful stuff like that is why WotS isn't as good as 3 (and also the grindy sidequests in 4 sucks a lot)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rated C for cussin'

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Help I'm bored at work and can't stop thinking about My Hero Academia, how the hell did an anime get under my skin like that

Cause it's real loving good. You haven't even seen the great parts yet.

Horikoshi has this magic ability to make what should be the worst characters into the best (not including Mineta though he's garbage)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

Awful stuff like that is why WotS isn't as good as 3 (and also the grindy sidequests in 4 sucks a lot)

It was kind of amazing to see a game localized like it's Golden Boy in 2012.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Way of the Samurai 3 is loving great though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

New thread title. Games Chat Thread: "A conservative universe? NO MORE"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/FxckManny/status/866824606216212480

:stonk:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is a turtle shelf

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think I genuinely hate this and everything to do with this.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Those are legit better than Funko. A creepy expression is better than none at all.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I wonder how long that gatchapon 'buy 20 blind bags to collect the whole set' impulse has been with humans. It's fun to think about Romans obsessing over little clay gladiator figurines.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

awakened gum gum fruit is LIT

e: chopper's banana point.... it owns !!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

who are the two in front of mario supposed to be? bender? and the flash?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Human kind's never-ending struggle to feel whole and complete is the only reason we have survived as long as we have

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why are those bananas exposing themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

who are the two in front of mario supposed to be? bender? and the flash?

looks like Ultraman and an Angry Bird

• Locked thread