Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Valiant Hearts is fantastic and I really liked the gameplay of child of light though it does get repetitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I splurged and ordered a ton from an oyster raw bar on Thursday and hell, same.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't know who Aunt Dotty is, but her oysters are good enough that I would eat them every day, and I don't even care if that sounds weirdly sexual.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's the risk you run into if you use the "I'd blank her blank" sentence format

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wandle Cax posted:

I at least thought it had a nice twist on normal turn based rpg battles.

I also bought their WW1 puzzle thing on sale done by the same studio but never played it yet, has anyone played that?

e: Valiant Hearts

I just finished it yesterday coincidentally, it was pretty good though none of the puzzles are particularly taxing and taught me some history too!

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Wandle Cax posted:

Child of Light is nice too, more of an RPG of course but still lovely
Yeah, I liked it quite a lot. Loved the watercolour artstyle and the ending theme song so much.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ubisoft is committed to multiplayer now so good luck getting any low budget singleplayer indie games out of them for a while.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I decided to try the free trial of PS Now, and it's pretty rad. It's really finicky about letting me actually start a game, throwing 'network error' messages at me, but once I'm in-game there's no noticable lag. Playin' Tokyo Jungle

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Ubisoft is committed to multiplayer now so good luck getting any low budget singleplayer indie games out of them for a while.

Well montpellier is the studio who did those and they're meant to be working on Beyond good and evil 2 for the last ever, maybe one day that will come out

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nerdz posted:

Imagine if they made a mario x rayman platformer instead, man
there's already a mario platformer coming out this year and it's probably a pretty big deal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

An Assassin's Creed game set in the Mushroom Kingdo

EDIT: No exaggerating, this Rabbids game is probably in my top five most anticipated Switch games

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 24, 2017

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Here's an overdisclosure post: my wife is extremely sick, like she has a chronic illness, but it's gotten really bad in the past two months, bad enough that if the latest treatment doesn't work, it might mean life-altering surgery or worse. She has to sleep a lot lately, and I've been reading and watching TV, but now that I have the stupid Playstation camera, it feels a little like I can play video games games and also be a little social, while still staying in our place if she needs me for anything. Once I have some time to sit, I am looking forward to playing some video games and having a handful of my Facebook friend who I don't have time to see watching it with me. Anyway, Iwata bless video games. Thanks for listening.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

EDIT: No exaggerating, this Rabbids game is probably in my top five most anticipated Switch games

does it really count if there are only five announced upcoming switch games coming out so far

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Grow Up was good though, I thought.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

Here's an overdisclosure post: my wife is extremely sick, like she has a chronic illness, but it's gotten really bad in the past two months, bad enough that if the latest treatment doesn't work, it might mean life-altering surgery or worse. She has to sleep a lot lately, and I've been reading and watching TV, but now that I have the stupid Playstation camera, it feels a little like I can play video games games and also be a little social, while still staying in our place if she needs me for anything. Once I have some time to sit, I am looking forward to playing some video games and having a handful of my Facebook friend who I don't have time to see watching it with me. Anyway, Iwata bless video games. Thanks for listening.

:( I hope your wife's health improves Bicyclops. I know what it's like to watch a loved one slowly fade away and I don't wish it on anyone. I'm glad you can find some solace thanks to video games and modern technology.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the continuous nintendo problem is that they make like 5-10 good games over the life of a console and lack some of the good PC games that port to console, but usually those games they actually make are Breath of the Wild level, so.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Good luck with everything, Bicyclops

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

:( I hope your wife's health improves Bicyclops. I know what it's like to watch a loved one slowly fade away and I don't wish it on anyone. I'm glad you can find some solace thanks to video games and modern technology.

Thanks, this is sort of the first time I've talked about it on the internet, and even seeing friends in person, I feel too weird talking about it, like I'm going to be the weird downer. It's kind of scary, but even just talking about the Witcher 3, that I haven't even played in months, with a bunch of new people playing it, has sort of helped. Sometimes the anonymity of the internet is hosed up and sometimes it's helpful.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Wandle Cax posted:

I at least thought it had a nice twist on normal turn based rpg battles.

I also bought their WW1 puzzle thing on sale done by the same studio but never played it yet, has anyone played that?

e: Valiant Hearts

If you enjoyed that you should try Grandia(for screwing up with your enemies attacks and turn order) or Mario RPGs and Stick of the Truth(for 'active' turn-based commands)

Grandia II and Stick of the Truth are available on Steam.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks, this is sort of the first time I've talked about it on the internet, and even seeing friends in person, I feel too weird talking about it, like I'm going to be the weird downer. It's kind of scary, but even just talking about the Witcher 3, that I haven't even played in months, with a bunch of new people playing it, has sort of helped. Sometimes the anonymity of the internet is hosed up and sometimes it's helpful.

I'm glad this dumb forum can help you in some small way. Hope things work out for the best.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

An Assassin's Creed game set in the Mushroom Kingdo

:chloe:

Bicyclops posted:

That really sucks :( Hope everything works out for you guys

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

I wish you the best and hopefully it won't come down to the surgery and she'll be able to get better with what they're doing right now. My condolences, I can't imagine the immense stress and pressure either of you are undergoing right now, and I wish I could do more but all I can do is hope that everything works out fine in the end.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

That sucks, condolences to you and hopefully the situation improves for the both of you :(

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Thanks, everyone. For all I know, these latest infusions are going to work really well and I'll feel like a huge whiny idiot, and I have a good job with health insurance and everything, so I'm luckier than a lot of people would be. Anyway, video games are great, and I have enjoyed making Super Mario and Witcher jokes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's nothing wrong with sharing your emotions about this kind of topic.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Talking is good. Venting stress is good and healthy. It's good that you're talking about it and I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to talk about it. What's important is that you're feeling stressed right now and that's okay, it's okay to be worried and stressed about things that a person should understandably be worried or stressed about.

I know you'll make it through this because you've already shown you're strong enough to be open about it and confront those hard feelings, but if you ever need to vent or talk or anything like that, feel free to pop in here more often or hit me up in private or what-have-you because I believe the people in here to be understanding enough to help out regardless of how you feel about talking about your stressful situation.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks, everyone. For all I know, these latest infusions are going to work really well and I'll feel like a huge whiny idiot, and I have a good job with health insurance and everything, so I'm luckier than a lot of people would be. Anyway, video games are great, and I have enjoyed making Super Mario and Witcher jokes.

I'd rather you bd a huge whiny idiot then them not work.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I'm hoping for the best. This is a good and supportive thread.

On point: Waypoint: What's a Game You Turn to For Self Care?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think I read a really similar article awhile back, and it's interesting to me that the "empty time sink" games are so easy to disagree on. Like, I definitely get what they mean, where there are games where you feel like you wake up bleary-eyed days later and say "What did I do for days? Did I let the plants die?" but whether that applies to games like Civ 6 and Stardew Valley, or Bethesda games, or meaningless puzzle games on cell phones is going to vary a lot from person to person. What things give you meaningful catharsis or are helpful escapist fantasy vs. "addictive emptiness" is kind of hard to define.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I do have a supportive family, and a pet bird, and understanding co-workers, and some friends I see once a week, and all that stuff, so nobody needs to worry about me. I just think it's cool that video games can potentially be a way for me to actually talk, with my voice, about a hobby to other people, but still be present for someone who needs me.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bicyclops posted:

Dang. Well if you need a pick me up you can watch various goons call each other names in defence of their favorite games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

Dang. Well if you need a pick me up you can watch various goons call each other names in defence of their favorite games.

I WILL TEAR OFF YOUR HEAD FOR INSULTING YOSHI'S STORY

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I WILL TEAR OFF YOUR HEAD FOR INSULTING YOSHI'S STORY

IT'S KIND OF ALRIGHT BUT IT SUFFERS FROM NOT BEING A BETTER LOOKING YOSHI'S ISLAND LIKE PEOPLE WANTED

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

somewhere on this planet, there's a dude trying to speedrun Virtual Bart, and also make it a game that people care enough about to watch speed runs of it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It's really upsetting that Rabbids are the only Rayman-related thing that seems to get any actual promotion.

Bicyclops posted:

I have totally missed the Minion saturation somehow, I just know they were in Despicable Me and then a few movies after it. I've never seen anybody post one on Facebook

How is this possible, teach me your ways

Jay Rust posted:

I might be allergic to games that have "Origins" in the title

Rayman Origins and Legends are better Mario games than anything in the NSMB series.

Wandle Cax posted:

Child of Light is nice too, more of an RPG of course but still lovely

I played the Child of Light demo when it first came out and nodded off while playing, took that as a sign it wasn't the game for me.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 24, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

How do you play Super Hang-On in Yakuza 0? I swear I've been to all the arcades in both areas and they're all Space Harrier or Outrun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't believe how mad people are getting over that Mario Rabbids game lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well they were right about the "Surprise at announcement" part, now it's time for "Convince media/gamers"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't believe how mad people are getting over that Mario Rabbids game lol

Mario is still a sacred cow to a lot of people despite the fact that Nintendo were flogging him in spin-offs as early as Punch-Out!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nothing Nintendo can do to Mario will be as bad as Mario is Missing! Or the CDi games with Link and Zelda :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am just really interested in the fact that Mario is entering the new genre of turn-based tactics, that's definitely new ground for him

• Locked thread