Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Iris in the reversal of fortune. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

hahahaha how poetic

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Heyyy, Iris got to do something proactive

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Caitlyn had to become... something else.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

It's Galactus!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaahahahaha. loving welp. The speedforce HUNGERS.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Now begins Barry's penance

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
gently caress you speed force.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

This is... dumb.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

A building just fell over with a thousand people in it but take time saying your goodbyes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

This is... dumb.

It makes sense in a Speed Force way

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yes Iris live your life and move on, and I'll come back to ruin another relationship you'll have with someone else because I am The Worst!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This is a pretty convoluted way to end the season admittedly. It's not as if the star of the show is going to be gone for that long.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Finally that homicidal maniac is locked up where he belongs!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I have real problems with the way they write the speed force in this show. Thawne and Zolomon can do what the gently caress ever but it seems to want to punish Barry forever and ever and ever and ever...

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

GLOSS posted:

Finally that homicidal maniac is locked up where he belongs!

Ugh the villains are never kept in their holding cells for long. :smith:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

I have real problems with the way they write the speed force in this show. Thawne and Zolomon can do what the gently caress ever but it seems to want to punish Barry forever and ever and ever and ever...

Zoloman faced his share of consequences

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

It makes sense in a Speed Force way

The speed force as some sentient entity in general is real dumb.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Zoloman faced his share of consequences

Fair. Thawne though?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Fair. Thawne though?

He spent the season of Lengends trying outrun the Black Flash and rewrite reality.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

Fair. Thawne though?
His entire arc in LoT was trying to avoid the consequences of his actions.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I felt they'd been on a really nice upward towards the end of this season but boy those last five minutes were really rough. Also what are the odds that Tracy Brandt is going to go batshit next season and our new Wells for the season is going to be her head-Wells?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
This episode was all over the place and not really well written. This season just wasn't that good and I guess the finale followed suit. Wonder what speedster will be the main villain of season 4.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sir Potato posted:

Wonder what speedster will be the main villain of season 4.

Presumably, after having being mentioned by Abra Kadabra and OtherBarry, DeVoe/Thinker is our Season 4 villain.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I love that being erased from existence takes a variable amount of time based on ~reasons~

Stunt Rock fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 24, 2017

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Did we ever find out exactly what the armor did? Did it increase his speed? Make him stronger?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Super Dude posted:

Did we ever find out exactly what the armor did? Did it increase his speed? Make him stronger?

At some point the Barry remnant learned to run so fast it.. defied physics? Or would kill him or something. The suit allowed him to run really fast without blowing up or whatever.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 24, 2017

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

TheHan posted:

I'm not yet ready to call this episode terrible cause there's a pretty easy out in that if Barry manages to beat Savitar without going full evil like they've hinted all season, then Savitar will never exist to kill Iris and everything will paradox itself back to the status quo. Or Barry will speedforce himself to stop Savitar and season 4 gets to be the Kid Flash show.

It turns out regular 'ol bullets can stop Savitar just fine, but I'm still awarding myself full points for this.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Jesus, that was a moist fart of an ending. They bring out Jay again for no real reason, Killer Frost is actually good (even though it's been hinted out at a while...but she was supposed to have some larger plan I thought?), then there's a punch and Barry phases into his suit somehow, and then they can get married....but swerve! We brought Jay out for no reason and the world is going to blow up, so it's time for Barry to go into the prison instead of Jay because ummmmm reasons? gently caress, that was lazy and dumb.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh my god I am staring at my monitor and laughing my rear end off after that

First Samurai Jack and now this show. What the gently caress is it about TV writers that they can't get it through the skulls that, if you're on your way to a happy ending until the last five minutes, maybe spend those last five minutes on a happy ending instead of throwing out everything you've worked towards

bomb rear end fight action tho, glad Wally's the new Flash, hoping next season is 100000% less dumb

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe they wrote Caitlyn out into a spin-off that doesn't exist

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Chokes McGee posted:

oh my god I am staring at my monitor and laughing my rear end off after that

First Samurai Jack and now this show. What the gently caress is it about TV writers that they can't get it through the skulls that, if you're on your way to a happy ending until the last five minutes, maybe spend those last five minutes on a happy ending instead of throwing out everything you've worked towards

bomb rear end fight action tho, glad Wally's the new Flash, hoping next season is 100000% less dumb
Samurai Jack was way more egregious, but that's for a different thread.

But yeah it's dumb. Why not just Barry and Iris get married and end it on a happy note? Not everything has to end on a goddamn cliffhanger Flash. At least in s1 and s2 it didn't feel completely out of nowhere and basically existing only to make a hook for the next season.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So the Speed Force Prison HAS to have an occupant in it because...reasons?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Maybe they needed a way to write out Barry Allen without killing him for the Justice League movie that's going to have their Barry Allen in it?

Yes, I know WB is being more lenient on that front, but it's the only thing that makes sense at this point. They even went out of their way to call it a SpeedForcePrison instead of being like, "hey, the speedforce needs a speedster in it to generate the power" or something.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

Maybe they needed a way to write out Barry Allen without killing him for the Justice League movie that's going to have their Barry Allen in it?

Yes, I know WB is being more lenient on that front, but it's the only thing that makes sense at this point. They even went out of their way to call it a SpeedForcePrison instead of being like, "hey, the speedforce needs a speedster in it to generate the power" or something.

WB has thrown down some really loving dumb edicts w/r/t the CWverse vs. the DCCU, but that would just be the icing on the cake of stupid. Barry will be back if not immediately then probably by Episode 2 next year with some amount of hilarious baggage he needs to overcome in tow.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why does the Speedforce prison exist?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So the speed force prison that Dr. Amber never built because Savitar never actually rose was leaking from the speed force because she built it so badly that it basically needs a dude in it or it destroys the earth, back from when she did have to build it. And since she is not building it she can't just design it better because she has nobody to trap in there in the first place. Wow that is convoluted even for this show.

lotus circle posted:

But yeah it's dumb. Why not just Barry and Iris get married and end it on a happy note? Not everything has to end on a goddamn cliffhanger Flash. At least in s1 and s2 it didn't feel completely out of nowhere and basically existing only to make a hook for the next season.

Yeah I don't think 1 out of 3 seasons ending on a happy ending would be bad, this was a shoehorned in cliffhanger. It will be cool to see what the team gets up to in the meantime, I wonder if there will be some sort of time skip?

I also like that Jay did not pipe up at all when Barry had to go in there. Like "hell no I ain't going back in there, it's your turn". Also this would have been a good opportunity to create a closed loop and just make a time remnant to shove in there hahaha, "sorry dude I guess we do create Savitar!" shove

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I understand that you shouldn't let the practical details of time travel get in the way of a good story. But when the story is all about the details of time travel, then yeah, maybe try to make it make literally even the tiniest amount of sense?

I know, I know, "speedforce lol" but seriously. This was poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

I also like that Jay did not pipe up at all when Barry had to go in there. Like "hell no I ain't going back in there, it's your turn". Also this would have been a good opportunity to create a closed loop and just make a time remnant to shove in there hahaha, "sorry dude I guess we do create Savitar!" shove

Or flip the whole thing on its head. Create a time remnant and go "dude, love her with all your heart, be a great friend to everyone, and be a better Flash than I was. Laters!" and then fling himself into the Speed Force and then just follow that Barry for the rest of the show and all the wacky CW DramaTM guaranteed to come about because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nine-gear crow posted:

Or flip the whole thing on its head. Create a time remnant and go "dude, love her with all your heart, be a great friend to everyone, and be a better Flash than I was. Laters!" and then fling himself into the Speed Force and then just follow that Barry for the rest of the show and all the wacky CW DramaTM guaranteed to come about because of it.

and its name will be... Rativas!

• Locked thread