Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Tars Tarkas posted:

Rodimus was sort of a jerk, in one episode they go to a lost pacifist Autobot colony that needs help from Decepticon invasion and basically caused the entire planet to be destroyed thanks to escalating violence, then he tells the survivors that Cybertron is better anyway.

The third season is so loving good. One of my favorites is the episode where the Quintessons re-animated Optimus' dead body and use him to try and lead all the Autobots to their death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Charles' Angels getting rebooted again again with Elizabeth Banks attached as director for a 2019 release

http://deadline.com/2017/05/charlies-angels-the-nightingale-release-dates-sony-1202101207/

Angry Birds 2 also coming out in 2019 somehow

http://deadline.com/2017/05/angry-birds-movie-2-release-date-thurop-van-orman-john-rice-1202099617/

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tars Tarkas posted:

Charles' Angels getting rebooted again again with Elizabeth Banks attached as director for a 2019 release

Finally, someone in Hollywood read my Charles in Charge/Charlie's Angels crossover treatment!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tars Tarkas posted:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/charlies-angels-the-nightingale-release-dates-sony-1202101207/

http://deadline.com/2017/05/angry-birds-movie-2-release-date-thurop-van-orman-john-rice-1202099617/

Is "again again" a typo, or was there another Charlies' Angels reboot after the early 2000's one that I completely missed. Neither answer would surprise me.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

There was a tv reboot a few years ago that went nowhere so now it's back in movie form

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Angry Birds made 370 million on a 75 million budget and some of the worst story pacing Ive seen in a kids movie so of course its getting a sequel.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The first Angry Birds cost $73 million to make and grossed $350 million internationally. Almost a third of that is domestic. That's pretty comfortably profitable.

edit: beaten

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tars Tarkas posted:

There was a tv reboot a few years ago that went nowhere so now it's back in movie form

There were also quite a few knock-offs over the years.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

8one6 posted:

The most important thing I need to know about the Universal Monster-verse: Will we be getting a reboot of Abbott and Costello? And will we be able to shake another Hemsworth out of Australia to play one?

How many Hemsworths do we need? We've already got three. Third one's on Westworld.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lobok posted:

How many Hemsworths do we need? We've already got three. Third one's on Westworld.

Two and a half. The half is a hemi-Hemsworth's worth.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Semi-Hemi is short as f

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i had no idea that guy was their bro.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

There's 4 Baldwin's, it's good to have a spare in case one turns into a rightwing nut job.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Tom Cruise has stated that Top Gun 2 is absolutely happening.

"It's true, yeah it's true," he said while beaming from ear-to-ear. "You know what? I'm going to start filming it probably in the next year. I know, it's happening, it is definitely happening."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Elizabeth Banks is more talented than the last three combined so maybe, just maybe...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jose Oquendo posted:

"It's true, yeah it's true," he said while beaming from ear-to-ear. "You know what? I'm going to start filming it probably in the next year. I know, it's happening, it is definitely happening."

Yeah!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is Ridley directing since Tony's kinda preoccupied?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ridley is doing something else and then Alien, so probably not.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Michael Bay announced that he just filmed his last Transformers movie scene (at the Hollywood cemetery) when giving his Walk of Fame speech.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

I hope instead of a jet, it's just Tom Cruise running fast enough to fly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Michael Bay announced that he just filmed his last Transformers movie scene (at the Hollywood cemetery) when giving his Walk of Fame speech.

I'll believe he's done directing Transformers films when he's dead and in the ground.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I'll believe he's done directing Transformers films when he's dead and in the ground.

He did say filmed it at a graveyard.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jose Oquendo posted:

The F-14 retired but if he wants to run around towing it down an aircraft carrier I'll watch.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I have a hard-on for the jet I mean, it was my favorite Trapper Keeper

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Has Tom Cruise ever said anything in public without beaming ear-to-ear?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Skwirl posted:

Has Tom Cruise ever said anything in public without beaming ear-to-ear?

Nope :yayclod:

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

SimonCat posted:

The third season is so loving good. One of my favorites is the episode where the Quintessons re-animated Optimus' dead body and use him to try and lead all the Autobots to their death.

Season 3 was full of all sorts of weird stuff, including Prime repeatedly popping up back to life (he finally stuck around during the Hate Plague) and Rodimus seemingly not wanting to be leader for most of the show. The Autobots build their cemetery in a spaceship they then launched into space and promptly lost, so finding it (and the secretly Quintessoned Prime alive and well aboard it) was random luck. The same spaceship mausoleum later crashed into a sun, destroying the dead bodies of all your favorite toys that died in the movie and also some they told you were dead but you didn't see die. The Autobots had virtually won the war so a lot of plots had them basically being the UN of space, mediating weirdo aliens and dealing with Decepticons who were essentially terrorists lead by an insane Galvatron. That's a really big change as the Decepticons were way less of a threat than they had traditionally been. The Decepticon mausoleum was hidden in the sewers of Autobot-controlled Cybertron, and Starscream's grave was marked by a statue of just his legs, which was all that was left of him after Galvatron killed him. But he was back in ghost form for two episodes (and later was on Beast Wars), rumor was voice actor Chris Latta was being arrested too much for production to want to use him any more or there probably would have been more Starscream. That's also when the show went full on racism with Carbombya (which caused Casey Kasem to quit the show) Some of the worst animated episodes come from AKOM studios in season 3, including Carnage in C-Minor, which was so badly done it has become legend. Layering errors, miscolorings, dead characters reappearing, characters that aren't supposed to be there wandering around, characters randomly changing in size, and a sound weapon is used in space (this error was also in a Star Trek episode) Season 4 ended up being like 3 episodes, and season 5 was just previous episodes with new wraparound with a weird CGI Prime talking to some kid. Season 3 is when the local UHF station moved the show to 3 pm so I could never watch it after school as I didn't get home until 4, so most of the episodes I either saw when I was sick or years later when cynical and old

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

He loving ruled in Magnolia where he was doing an impression of himself doing an impression of himself IN THE FUTURE

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Season 3 also had that weird episode where 3 Autobots liberate a planet of shapeshifting Aztec mermaids from the Decepticons, and one of them became Seaspray's girlfriend.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also Cobra Commander showed up in Transformers.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Timby posted:

This reminds me of the original bugnuts crazy version of Moneyball, when Soderbergh was going to direct. Not only was it going to have interviews with the real-life players on the Oakland A's, but it was going to delve deep into some of the really esoteric statistical concepts that the book explored -- and to explain them, stats pioneer Bill James would pop up in the corner like some baseball version of the Great Gazoo to help relate them to non-baseball-fans.

That would have made me actually want to see Moneyball.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SimonCat posted:

This episode, and particularly the shot you posted, hosed me up as a kid. Optimus drifting between being himself and trying to kill Rodimus, and being physically hurt by the Matrix. The episode with the Hate Plague where he's brought back might've been some contrived poo poo, but it healed my soul.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

kiimo posted:

Semi-Hemi is short as f

This is weird because he's only meant to be 4 inches shorter than Chris - 5'10" v 6'2" and he looks pretty big in Westworld.

Hollywood's height reporting is as messed as their accounting.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Top Gun 2 would actually make sense now that Russia is getting back to its cold war status.

Otherwise it'd make no sense. Like ISIS isn't jetting around. China is financial suicide and using North Korea as the foe tanked two franchises already.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Thundercracker posted:

Otherwise it'd make no sense. Like ISIS isn't jetting around. China is financial suicide and using North Korea as the foe tanked two franchises already.

Red Dawn and ...?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Thundercracker posted:

Top Gun 2 would actually make sense now that Russia is getting back to its cold war status.

Also, the first movie carries a lot of baggage on account of being known as really, really gay. There isn't much of a point if they don't do anything with that.

Maybe we will get a renaissance of hypermasculine homoeroticism :allears:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Other than the 'beaming from ear-to-ear', this sounds like something Trump would say.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

The MSJ posted:

I misread this and left out the parenthesis.

I thought for a moment that the last movie scene of Transformers would be Michael Bay giving his Walk of Fame speech, which would have been an interesting choice.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Top Gun 2 should just be about a beach volleyball tournament while a remote drone strike happens...

...oh God don't make it about Maverick competing to prove that real people can outfly drones. Stealth was not a good film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

well why not posted:

This is weird because he's only meant to be 4 inches shorter than Chris - 5'10" v 6'2" and he looks pretty big in Westworld.

Hollywood's height reporting is as messed as their accounting.
Well, if he looks 8 inches shorter, but is actually only 4 inches shorter, that must mean that they're both actually tiny tiny men - around 3 feet tall.

• Locked thread