Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I played a bunch of what is basically mario party but what in heck do I do with the thing I spent 6 dollars on

E: And played on an oil rig map that is loving terrible for comp but would be p. ok in like arms race

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Kwilty posted:

probably not.

It's not. Checking corners isn't an issue and it's hilarious how many people don't check corners at all but I at least point the cursor where they will peek me if at all. Might not be the head and I might not have the reflexes to one tap them when they pop out but I do better than reflex shooting.

I forgot the name of the goon who helped me but he worked with me on dust 2 for like two hours and it did a shitload of help to my game. I don't kill a lot, I get bullets on target, and manage my sound well.

How's the new Operation? Any offline single player stuff?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Good maps IMO, and I can't wait to try out the new modes. I'm gonna say this was worth the wait.

...Maybe not that long of a wait, though.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
How faithful is the de_lite remake

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
https://csgostash.com/case/208/Operation-Hydra-Case

These skins are loving awful, goddamn

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

What these skins are super sick

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

canoshiz posted:

What these skins are super sick

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
jesus christ i hate my insanely lovely internet just spent 20 of the most miserable minutes of my life trying to play the new game modes at 300 ping

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I should play the modes, too. Sucks I blew what would be Pass Money on two now-outdated keys though.

But sure, I'll play the free poo poo.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How am I supposed to play coop if I have no friends

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
The modes are actually really bad and have only like 1 map associated with each.

Grinding for a case was hell. At least I made my money back on the pass but eesh.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Even if you get the case don't you have to buy a key to open it?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

yeah, but the case is going for like, 7 bucks right now, so why wouldn't you sell it instead?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

TheFlyingLlama posted:

yeah, but the case is going for like, 7 bucks right now, so why wouldn't you sell it instead?

go for the whims of fate, roll the dice and see where they may fall.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How do I get a case. Is it play the mario party mode until I get one? I didn't even consider the posibility of just selling that for my money back. Especially if you also still have to pay for a key otherwise, what the gently caress Dota doesn't do that.

CSGO: but dota doesn't do that

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 11:28 on May 24, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

drunken officeparty posted:

How do I get a case. Is it play the mario party mode until I get one? I didn't even consider the posibility of just selling that for my money back. Especially if you also still have to pay for a key otherwise, what the gently caress Dota doesn't do that.

CSGO: but dota doesn't do that

Yeah you can sell the case itself, typically when new cases drop the first couple days you can get $15-5 depending on how quickly you get it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
UMP got a range nerf as well, this is a good update

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

stump collector posted:

UMP got a range nerf as well, this is a good update

I mean, you wouldn't UMP long obviously. Or is the range nerf really extreme.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Had a guy who was very openly chatting about his aimbot he made in the headshot only game. He went like 90 and 2.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

widespread posted:

don't know about the nerf but a huge part of what makes the UMP so popular in the current meta is its effectiveness at medium ranges relative to the other SMGs and the FAMAS so any tinkering with that is likely to cause some sort of shift....probably a good thing because the FAMAS/Galil are essentially useless right now except in very specific use cases

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Had a guy who was very openly chatting about his aimbot he made in the headshot only game. He went like 90 and 2.

This was my experience as well. Maybe valve is just culling the herd?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm glad that I'm on vacation and don't have to stare at those terrible new skins.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Does this operation have those co-op missions again?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Smol posted:

Does this operation have those co-op missions again?

Yes

stump collector
May 28, 2007

widespread posted:

Ump warped the poo poo out of the meta. it's just silly it took pros so long to move to it and away from the famas/galil

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

stump collector posted:

Ump warped the poo poo out of the meta. it's just silly it took pros so long to move to it and away from the famas/galil

Gotta verify those skin purchases somehow. :shepspends:

But yeah, I even used the UMP in my first comp. poo poo works when between Eco and Full Buy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

How am I supposed to play coop if I have no friends

This is something I routinely ask myself. This is what you do.

By a second account

Install sticky keys

Run both instances of the game and put both accounts in the lobby

I realize this might not work due to conflicting ip addresses but whatever

Or just ask for friends

SteamID Soulex13

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

real dilemma posted:

don't know about the nerf but a huge part of what makes the UMP so popular in the current meta is its effectiveness at medium ranges relative to the other SMGs and the FAMAS so any tinkering with that is likely to cause some sort of shift....probably a good thing because the FAMAS/Galil are essentially useless right now except in very specific use cases

I remember watching a stream of a major and one of the shout casters was incredulous that people didn't use it more. I started to after that and holy poo poo it is my favorite gun now. 600 per kill, great AP, and the range isn't that bad of a drop off.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

widespread posted:

Gotta verify those skin purchases somehow. :shepspends:

But yeah, I even used the UMP in my first comp. poo poo works when between Eco and Full Buy.

i started using it all the time last year on CT side because i'd much rather have a kit/nades than a rifle and no or very low utility. plus I saw my good dude buns drop like 50+ kills on tuscan in sub.io forcebuying an ump every single round. it inspired me to learn the ways of the best SMG.

Also I have to agree the ump does not feel much weaker, but at least they're looking at it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I was worried that it was going to be a huge change but it wasn't.

UMP will have supremacy as long as that armor pen stays the way it is.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

really the only difference is that there is now at least some reason to ever buy a famas

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
a scout is probably a better choice than famas or galil

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

stump collector posted:

i started using it all the time last year on CT side because i'd much rather have a kit/nades than a rifle and no or very low utility. plus I saw my good dude buns drop like 50+ kills on tuscan in sub.io forcebuying an ump every single round. it inspired me to learn the ways of the best SMG.

Also I have to agree the ump does not feel much weaker, but at least they're looking at it.

I take it there's better options for T Side? Because if not then UMP all the way to a rank.

Up Circle posted:

a scout is probably a better choice than famas or galil

Can we even save the famas/galil at this point.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

widespread posted:

I take it there's better options for T Side? Because if not then UMP all the way to a rank.

SMG-wise, not really (although always buy MAC-10 after pistol round win). But Ts have more money and the AK is cheaper than an M4, so they don't need the umps so often.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think umps are ok on t side after pistol win or for other anti ecod but other than that I usually can afford an ak or just go tek or Cz and nades and pick up a downed teammates rifle. Cts need utility more than Ts in most situations

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I never buy mac10 after pistol round, because the other team will have 5-7/tek9 and head armor. Just don't get caught doing something dumb and give the UMP to the other team.

im also bad

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

widespread posted:

Can we even save the famas/galil at this point.

Bump damage while firing in burst

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Or you make it so that you don't have to spam mouse2 to fire consecutively when bursting.

It's dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Remove burst, remove the ability to detach the silencer from the usp and m4a1s