Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

This poo poo isn't out for PC? WTF do these people hate money or something.

The port of Mortal Kombat X handled by a secondary developer was terrible and abandoned until consumer outcry forced them to fixed it. I think NetherRealm may be trying to handle this one in-house and they need more time for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Wow, Power Girl's delivery is really terrible. It really stands out, too, since everyone else did such a good job.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Grem posted:

Guild boss this week is a horrible design. Locked out once he dies, and it only took 4 rounds to kill him, that's some bullshit.

I completed a guild multiverse thing

Pls don't delete me from goon squad sir or madam

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Holy poo poo all the guild multiverse this week is just not fun. The one with all the different modifiers match to match is just disgusting

Ajax fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 24, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Man they really did cut out a lot of characters from 1 right? Like every couple of posts I remember someone and it's like dang

IJ1 has a bunch of Cheetahs but IJ2 only has one Cheetah.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The port of Mortal Kombat X handled by a secondary developer was terrible and abandoned until consumer outcry forced them to fixed it. I think NetherRealm may be trying to handle this one in-house and they need more time for it

Oh well that's cool! I mostly wanted it for a party game on one of my walls so I guess injustice 1 will still work.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
If anyone wants to play games at some point, my PSN is Demmonaz, feel free to add me and as long as I'm online playing the game, I'll play with you.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 24, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I like to put my PS4 into rest mode but this seems to disconnect me from the online stuff and the only way to reconnect is restarting the game. Does anyone know of some other way to refresh the game to try reconnecting?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm curious which designer looked up medium in the dictionary and translated that into relentless countering of every attack with a 30%+ punish, not to mention the things Braniac gets as a boss.

I may be wrong on this, but MK/Netherrealm AI has always been this rear end in a top hat-ish, especially their boss moves/AI.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Anime_Otaku posted:

I definitely liked Captain Cold a lot despite never hearing of him before, the only thing that disappointed me was the lack of a snowglobes reference when he fights Power Girl. It helps that he's pretty easy to get used to playing.

It's been done before. Not with Captain Cold, but...

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I never understood how Higher Voltage poo poo the bed with MKX when their port of MK9 was awesome (at least the patched version I bought. No idea how it was at launch)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Today in "Why nerds need to get wedgies again"...

Much like Wonder Woman hurr hurr

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I will say this, WW in pants looks weird.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
does it take a long time to take a character to level 20?

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

does it take a long time to take a character to level 20?

I only have Harley at 20, and that's after a week of playing semi-seriously when I'm not at work. So not really, IMO.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

But for real, why would they nerf her rear end? Bring it back, NRS.

And make Supes more jacked while you're at it. Henry Cavill looked more super than whatever janitor they modeled ingame.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does Bane ever get some costumes that show some skin? I hate his Fulgore look.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I'm probably terrible for saying this but holy poo poo this game is now loving amazing for me after learning I can just treat my characters as AI pawns in an RPG. I'm just using the AI for all the stuff in the Metaverse, leveling folks up and equipping them and adjusting their fighting style as needed. I love it. This is how you get me into fighting games, let me treat it as a management game instead! It's nuts that this game is more in depth than most fighting games by having frame data readily available and recording moves so a custom AI can fight you... yet it also lets you ignore all the fighting completely and just meta-game it instead. Bravo to NetherRealm!

Unlucky7 posted:

I'm inclined to think video gaming being more ubiquitous led to non-nerds writing these things.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 24, 2017

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Dexie posted:

It's been done before. Not with Captain Cold, but...

That is exactly what I was referring to.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok this is some of the fruits of my time putzing around with Harley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXXYDULglRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QyouNgQ5Rk

She's pretty fun! I don't remember having much fun with her in the first game so I kinda forgot about her and I can't really recall whats new or not. But the dogs own.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok this is some of the fruits of my time putzing around with Harley.
Yeah I had my lvl 10 Harley AI fighting and she was pulling off crazy 13-combo poo poo like this. I'd never be able to pull any of it off.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

DaveKap posted:

Yeah I had my lvl 10 Harley AI fighting and she was pulling off crazy 13-combo poo poo like this. I'd never be able to pull any of it off.

Aw don't say that. All the stuff in that video besides what I labeled as the harder combo are all quite reasonable and doable. Practice makes perfect!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

DaveKap posted:

I'm inclined to think video gaming being more ubiquitous led to non-nerds writing these things.

They adjusted the way they design female characters with MKX and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, so that probably played as big a part as anything else.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Harlet has, hands down, the best win animation in the game. She's so delightfully deranged. :allears:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Aw don't say that. All the stuff in that video besides what I labeled as the harder combo are all quite reasonable and doable. Practice makes perfect!
Oh, no, don't get me wrong. This isn't me being self-deprecating. I am purely 100% bad at fighting games and do not wish to practice or play them enough to make it so I could actually ever do combos. I'm only playing this because my friend game-shared it with me and wanted to play with me. Well, now I'm playing it for the clicker aspects of managing an AI team, but before it was just funsies.

Edit: Hah, I just did the last Metaverse mission where you have to fight Batman as Brainiac and the special mission is "win without using arena transitions" on Slaughter Swamp... which doesn't have arena transitions.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 24, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If anyone hasn't done it yet you get (I think the values are) 500 dress-up crystals for having a toon with 5 blues equipped and 1,000 more for equipping all yellows.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

HebrewMagic posted:

I was gonna tell all 15 of us in the xguild to work on the multiverse stuff for us but Jesus above I wouldn't wish Sacrifice on my worst enemy

I fully planned on playing IJ2 last night but I got caught up in The Surge.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Funky Valentine posted:

It's a cat, no poo poo it's not going to have elaborate and multilayered reasoning it's pissed off.

screw you guys, Dex-Starr is the best RL

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Much like Wonder Woman hurr hurr

The second one does look dumb if you don't make those both the same color channel though.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They adjusted the way they design female characters with MKX and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, so that probably played as big a part as anything else.

The beta had all kinds of bikini tops for Canary still. They seemingly removed them from the release game.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I, for one, am highly concerned re: the disappearance of butts in video games. Who is taking all the butts?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Does using an AI fighter or the difficulty level for multiverse mode change the rewards, besides probably being worth more xp/credits, at all?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There's a .85x AI Score Modifier if you use it, but otherwise nothing for using an AI fighter as far as I saw.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

The video if anyone was curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UghPwxp9ek

They should have given Aquaman a turtleneck.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Someone post a Butt Tier List so I know who to main.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

1) Atrocitus
2) Supergirl
3) Gorilla Grodd

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

DLC Inc posted:

1) Atrocitus
2) Supergirl
3) Gorilla Grodd

Yo Atrocitus got that Badonkadonk

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Bloodly posted:

I may be wrong on this, but MK/Netherrealm AI has always been this rear end in a top hat-ish, especially their boss moves/AI.

You're right, I mostly just wanted to be mad. I'm actually curious if the game uses some kind of dynamic difficulty system. It seems like no matter what the metaverse says the AI difficulty is after a few easy rounds I'll just get worked over by the AI for a match or two and then it'll calm back down.

I should actually just play more online vs really, but the one match I've done so far got a dude mad at me because I clutched out a supermove win so I'm not sure I can top such a strong start.

Unrelated, has anyone done the math on ~best value~ for box buying? Just eyeballing it's it seems like maybe buying the cheapest boxes might be best? Like I have 350k credits banked and it seems like the only actual benefit to buying gold boxes is that I won't have to hit buy 350 separate times.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
RIP Scarecrow, Worst Butt Haver

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

SSS Tier: Darkseid, Atrocitus
SS Tier: Aquaman
S Tier: All the ladies except for chester the cheetah. She's F tier. F is for flat. Her butt is flat.

It appears I was too slow. Unlike F-tier Chester.

Relax Or DIE posted:

You're right, I mostly just wanted to be mad. I'm actually curious if the game uses some kind of dynamic difficulty system. It seems like no matter what the metaverse says the AI difficulty is after a few easy rounds I'll just get worked over by the AI for a match or two and then it'll calm back down.

I've noticed that the second to last opponent in a ladder is always the one that gives me the most trouble, regardless of who it is. The final opponent is usually a cake walk as a result.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senerio posted:

There's a .85x AI Score Modifier if you use it, but otherwise nothing for using an AI fighter as far as I saw.

The AI also won't attempt to do any of the in-fight objectives which with the .85 multiplier usually means they won't get you to Gold.

• Locked thread