Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

You need to be in an FC in order to get the workshop and Airships anyway.

Gardening is handy for getting some things an alternate way, but you can stick a few flower pots in a room and get most of the benefits that way.

Well, yeah. I guess I'm just sour. A group of friends made up our FC, and we picked Balmung back before we didn't even know if anyone would play this game cause we like RP servers. Then we stopped cause we couldn't get a house, then we came back for heavensward and stopped cause we ran out of things to do and we couldn't get a house and they added cool airships... and then some dude we knew in highschool took off with our money(47 million, which was impressive for us 4 dudes) and transferred off, he told me it's cause he thought guilds got deleted and I don't believe him but no one can get on the server again so we HAVE to move and... man, I donno. I'm bummed that the thing that drove us off twice is still an issue. Lotro didn't have this problem! They just made enough neighborhoods for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

As a SCH I'd take Lucid over Esuna for any fight that didn't have a doom mechanic that outright kills you. Already pondering which healer in the raid has to take protect.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Evil Fluffy posted:

So with the cross class stuff did they mention what enmity reduction skill monks get?

Diversion - same as casters, which looks like it will be quelling strikes. There are a couple melee skills that are unknown according to the list I'm reading. An ability called Arm's Length could feasibly be a mid-fight drop?

nuru posted:

As a SCH I'd take Lucid over Esuna for any fight that didn't have a doom mechanic that outright kills you. Already pondering which healer in the raid has to take protect.

Not me. :unsmigghh:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Grondoth posted:

Well, yeah. I guess I'm just sour. A group of friends made up our FC, and we picked Balmung back before we didn't even know if anyone would play this game cause we like RP servers. Then we stopped cause we couldn't get a house, then we came back for heavensward and stopped cause we ran out of things to do and we couldn't get a house and they added cool airships... and then some dude we knew in highschool took off with our money(47 million, which was impressive for us 4 dudes) and transferred off, he told me it's cause he thought guilds got deleted and I don't believe him but no one can get on the server again so we HAVE to move and... man, I donno. I'm bummed that the thing that drove us off twice is still an issue. Lotro didn't have this problem! They just made enough neighborhoods for everyone!

One of the problems with the old datacenter was that there literally was no more physical room with which to put more server racks in. This probably was one of the reasons for the housing crunch what exists.

That aside, dude you knew in highschool sounds shady AF, and you should all totally come play with other goons on Excalibur instead.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

nuru posted:

You can set up macros that switch your CC skills and, unless they change this in 4.0, you can remove protect from your CC skills after you've cast it on your raid and replace it with something else. You wouldn't be able to recast it after someone dies, but hey, it's there.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

One of the problems with the old datacenter was that there literally was no more physical room with which to put more server racks in. This probably was one of the reasons for the housing crunch what exists.

That aside, dude you knew in highschool sounds shady AF, and you should all totally come play with other goons on Excalibur instead.

We just want our goddamn money back, not to play with him.

And I know, this isn't a housing system that comes about by choice. It's just frustrating.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 24, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, you're definitely not getting your money back, and i don't know why on earth you'd let 'a guy from highschool' have access to like 12 million gil from each of you.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Bahamut is cool, but I was really expecting the stormblood SMN stuff to be Alexander themed. Dragon lasers are cool, but variety is nice too, y'know? RIP holy judgement.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Deathflare was already the coolest spell in the game, which is the only valuable metric.

Making it even cooler is OP.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Obligatum VII posted:

Bahamut is cool, but I was really expecting the stormblood SMN stuff to be Alexander themed. Dragon lasers are cool, but variety is nice too, y'know? RIP holy judgement.

I was hoping new SMN abilities would be tied to other primals. Moggle Mog, Ramuh, Shiva, Ravana, etc.. Maybe next expansion.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My biggest worry about playing Red Mage before level 70 is whether I'm gonna find something for a red mage hat glamour.

Red Mage gotta have a fancy hat, preferably with a feather.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

My biggest worry about playing Red Mage before level 70 is whether I'm gonna find something for a red mage hat glamour.

Red Mage gotta have a fancy hat, preferably with a feather.
It's hosed up that no Q&A has had anyone ask to have Amon's Hat be glamourable for RDM.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Gruckles posted:

It's hosed up that no Q&A has had anyone ask to have Amon's Hat be glamourable for RDM.

They'd have to know it's /visor-able first.

The mask part is the weakest of the hat and not a whole lot of people know that you can visor it away.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The real loss as a SCH is that now Blizz II is gone, we don't have any non-DoT AoE to make bigger numbers with. Maybe we'll get our own Holy/Gravity equivalent? Ok, probably not.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, you're definitely not getting your money back, and i don't know why on earth you'd let 'a guy from highschool' have access to like 12 million gil from each of you.

We also went to the same college and one of us lived with him and we all kinda thought we were cool enough this wouldn't have happened, and he says he wants to give it back, so...

I know, it's dumb.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Gruckles posted:

Caster hats from the Aery, Void Ark, and Mhach are fancy.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Grondoth posted:

they added cool airships...

pfft yea about that. follow these directions. send your retainer one one of those long 18 hour ventures (actual airships can take longer). after a week of those go mine like 50 dark matter clusters and then throw them away. throw away the useless junk your retainer brings back too.

you have now pretty much perfectly simulated airship interactions. no you don't get to ride on them, you don't even get to actually see them at all really. it's basically throwing resources at a console and sometimes they bring back something okay but almost always don't. it's basically a bigger expensive retainer whose gear you have to repair

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

isk posted:

Caster hats from the Aery, Void Ark, and Mhach are fancy.

The Caster hat from mhach looks like something a hobo fished out of a garbage can.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Airships were just retainers. Squads are basically retainers. None of that is interesting.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
can't you... go to an island or something

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Grondoth posted:

can't you... go to an island or something

They can port you to the diadem I guess if you want another reason to hate your airship, but you can just go to ishgard and catch a ship there without any of the hassle and just hate yourself instead

Griz
May 21, 2001

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The Caster hat from mhach looks like something a hobo fished out of a garbage can.

the World of Darkness hats are bigger and fancier than the Weeping City hats and look great with the Scylla robe from Syrcus Tower.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The WoD hats are wizard hats, not Red Mage hats.

The hats some Grand Company NPC's wear are RDM like but I don't know if you can get them or if you dye them red if so

e: autocorrect

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 24, 2017

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I sure hope not. Why should you get the achievements for not playing?

TBH I don't really care, it's not like getting to 60 or completing the story quest is that hard. Time-consuming (good god the cutscenes), yeah, but anyone can do it. I'm not sure if I could deal with being permanently locked out of achievements though.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Anyone have the link to the last thread? I'm dumb and can't find it.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

itskage posted:

Anyone have the link to the last thread? I'm dumb and can't find it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570430
no, this one:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676695

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

When's the best time to queue for crystal tower stuff? I'd like to run them more

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Just a guess but beginning of the week as new Wondrous Tails books update might be a good time to try queueing. There's a guaranteed WT clear for two of the three Crystal Tower line raids.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd say shortly after reset or shortly before it for the WT reason, yeah.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I made a terrible mistake and left Excal a few years ago to play with friends on terrible, dead, backwater servers. I made a fresh character on Excal tonight because I didn't feel like paying $28 to transfer and fantasia my old character (and I guess I can still play with my friends occasionally). If there's any low level people who are doing the story and want to run dungeons together, hit me up! I'm Sam Raimi in game and I'll tank for you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xun posted:

When's the best time to queue for crystal tower stuff? I'd like to run them more

All day Sunday

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, in my experience the best time is weekends in US prime time, Crystal Tower queues pop relatively quickly then. You can maybe get into Syrcus or WOD the rest of the weekend or during weeknight prime times if you're willing to wait 20-30 minutes in a queue, but Labyrinth is always going to take ages to pop (if it does at all) due to its unique six tank requirement. I've rarely seen it take less than 30-40 minutes as DPS even on weekends.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh my answer wasn't like, "this is when I get the most pops," it's the community agreed-upon time. Wednesday for Coil, and a few certain days for specific PvP types. With everyone queueing during the same window pops are actually quite frequent.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Awesome! Thanks guys. Luckily I got past labyrinth so its just scyrcus and WoD for me :toot:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Do Bards ever get a song that buffs physical damage? I almost never get matched up with another mage DPS so FR is of little use most of the time and the other songs are a bit situational to be worth lowing my damage for a majority of the time.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Do Bards ever get a song that buffs physical damage? I almost never get matched up with another mage DPS so FR is of little use most of the time and the other songs are a bit situational to be worth lowing my damage for a majority of the time.

Nope, although who knows if that will change in a month.

Tsurupettan posted:

I made a terrible mistake and left Excal a few years ago to play with friends on terrible, dead, backwater servers. I made a fresh character on Excal tonight because I didn't feel like paying $28 to transfer and fantasia my old character (and I guess I can still play with my friends occasionally). If there's any low level people who are doing the story and want to run dungeons together, hit me up! I'm Sam Raimi in game and I'll tank for you.

How was that name *not* taken already on our server.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

How was that name *not* taken already on our server.

because i sat on it a while ago in case i ever came back to excal :mrgw:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Foe Requiem increases healer damage!!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
A dumb thing I found:

Tsurupettan posted:

because i sat on it a while ago in case i ever came back to excal :mrgw:

So YOU'RE the jerk that was squatting it when I tried to reg it. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you use Android you can install their app, sign in to it and pay via Google Wallet.

Thanks!

• Locked thread