Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inferis
Dec 30, 2003

They did the 80s VHS for grizzco already. They have pretty clever things they could do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I always preferred octopuses anyway

Regy Rusty posted:

I hope I can play as an octopus at some point.

Regy Rusty posted:

I still think octopuses should have been the playable characters. Octopi don't deserve to be villains. Octopodes are way more lovable than squids.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 22, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Death to traitors

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Callie would never willingly betray Marie, Captain Cuttlefish, and Inkopolis. She was likely brainwashed, easily accomplished due to her unfathomable simplicity.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Or maybe she developed interests for things other than food, clothing and bloodsports? She's allying with the underdog.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm ready to take down the corrupt squidarchy.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you love the Octarians so much why don't you cut off your two tentacles and live in a teapot?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Or maybe she developed interests for things other than food, clothing and bloodsports? She's allying with the underdog.

Ah, so she's a war tourist.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

She's still a squid, gotta be a hipster somehow.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is caro a squid now?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
A lot of the maps announced for Splatoon 2 seem to be sports related. I hope they balance them out with some of the more urban looking environments. Those were more stylin

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want some kind of weird alleyway map.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Have some octolings.

And no, you most likely don't get to play as one.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Give us the octolings, Ninterndo.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Nintendo eat the eggtolings.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

If they give you the Octo shirt and shoes for level up prizes, and add the Head/Glasses and pants in to that somehow, they don't even have to give us playable octolings.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Callie done being second best and is making her move

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
pull the trigger callie

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Crawfish posted:

If they give you the Octo shirt and shoes for level up prizes, and add the Head/Glasses and pants in to that somehow, they don't even have to give us playable octolings.

This is probably what they'll do. An Octo hairstyle is all we need.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Give us the octolings, Ninterndo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Had the thought that Agent 3 from Splatoon 1 got squidnapped as well, and once you beat the game you unlock the hairstyles from Splatoon 1 but that's probably unlikely huh?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I don't think they'll give out the octoling... tentacle style to players. It's more likely they'll give out just the eyeshades.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Callie done being second best

She's not done by a long shot. Maybe you didn't hear the news that Nintendo is making Splatoon 2.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

I hope this means you get to use the bucket in singleplayer.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The single-player trailer already showed that you'll use a variety of weapons in the main campaign this time (as opposed to the first game where amiibos just unlocked them as an alternate mode).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is probably what they'll do. An Octo hairstyle is all we need.

Ideally make it the reward for beating single player

Rexroom posted:

I don't think they'll give out the octoling... tentacle style to players. It's more likely they'll give out just the eyeshades.

Yeah, we'll see. Its at least feasible since they are committed to doing multiple hairstyles already.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
It's more likely it will not come to pass. The issue here is that the hair is quintessentially octoling with the suckers and all. Letting players have it available runs counter to game lore, and you know how seriously gamers take their gaming lore. :v:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

It's more likely it will not come to pass. The issue here is that the hair is quintessentially octoling with the suckers and all. Letting players have it available runs counter to game lore, and you know how seriously gamers take their gaming lore. :v:

Nintendo gave a giant middle finger to their Zelda lore with BotW.

They can give us the Octolings.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo gave a giant middle finger to their Zelda lore with BotW.

I don't really see how. The mechanics and expected progression of get three things to get six or eight things in dungeons with key items was subverted, but the"lore" seems undamaged.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I don't really see how. The mechanics and expected progression of get three things to get six or eight things in dungeons with key items was subverted, but the"lore" seems undamaged.

Nah, timeline nerds are mad.I am mad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nephzinho posted:

Nah, timeline nerds are mad.I am mad.

Mad as in crazy?

Just shoehorn this in like everything else.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

The derided Inkline brand camo hat makes a reappearance.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

How can you know who looks fresh unless there's hideous stuff in the game too

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

inferis posted:

How can you know who looks fresh unless there's hideous stuff in the game too

She's wearing a kimono and everything.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

The latest issue of some British gaming rag interviewed Amano and Nogami about their newest sequel to the acclaimed squid shooting simulator. (No, not the one in Wind Waker.) They mentioned the voice chat application that is coming "this Summer", specifically that it is limited to your online friends, so talking smack to total strangers is totally out. But we already knew that, right?

One interesting tidbit is offered: The single player "Hero Mode" campaign is expanded, with more rewards on offer that can be used in multiplayer. Interestingly, rewards received in multiplayer can also be used in Hero Mode, but how and what it even means remains to be seen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

The latest issue of some British gaming rag interviewed Amano and Nogami about their newest sequel to the acclaimed squid shooting simulator. (No, not the one in Wind Waker.) They mentioned the voice chat application that is coming "this Summer", specifically that it is limited to your online friends, so talking smack to total strangers is totally out. But we already knew that, right?

One interesting tidbit is offered: The single player "Hero Mode" campaign is expanded, with more rewards on offer that can be used in multiplayer. Interestingly, rewards received in multiplayer can also be used in Hero Mode, but how and what it even means remains to be seen.

I'm guessing it'll just be from purchasing gear in the shops and using it in the single-player campaign :ms:.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

:toot:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm the squidkid double-fisting orange soda.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
im the fried squid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm the squidkid double-fisting orange soda.

Squidward Sodahands is the life of every fresh party :colbert:.

• Locked thread