Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Was this confidential info or is it known we have subs there?

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/867335646423265280

You. Do Not. Tell. Anyone. Where Ohios are.

Actually, poo poo, subs near North Korea? I'll bet you 50-50 odds one of those is Jimmy Carter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/867350437288185856

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Night10194 posted:

I would bet he does not know this, no.

The attempted bribery will be the next thing on the pile.

I look forward to the first press briefing where Kasowitz has to stand next to Trump and clap his hand over the microphone before interjecting, "My client has nothing to say on that topic."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

The healthcare plan is not helping his caucus. It's doing the opposite. It had a 17% approval before they made it worse to get the HFC on board. Ryan spent his entire time as speaker telling anyone who would listen to go to the GOP website to see his amazing healthcare plan that would provide better healthcare to more people for less money, so while a lot of Republicans may be waiting for the Obamacare repeal, I don't think they are eager about replacing it with something worse, that even harms their employer-based plans.

I know that. Hence the token $2m advertising, to try to make it seem like he's helping them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

:stoked:

gently caress Joe Lieberman

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Seriously, thank God.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wonder if even he was like "no gently caress off."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And gently caress John McCain too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol, they are never going to find one are they. all the sane people dont want it and all the crazys dont want it.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
I would be okay with the remainder of Joe Lieberman's days being filled with people publicly stating they were interested in offering him a prestigious position, and then pulling the rug out a week later.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trump idea: Hire Mueller as FBI director, then he can't continue working as special prosecutor :science:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think they were in the "should have known" category. McConnell and Ryan had enough evidence -- hell, us posting here -- had enough evidence pre-election to strongly suspect Trump had Russian ties. But if you don't WANT to believe it, you aren't going to, and they had every reason to not want to.

They were literally given the evidence by the Obama Administration and McConnell told Obama if he went public with it McConnell would claim he was trying to interfere in the election.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Wonder if even he was like "no gently caress off."

Not with his ego, he would have done it.

Now hopefully he can go find a cave and hunt fish in the dark for the rest of his days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

evilweasel posted:

They were literally given the evidence by the Obama Administration and McConnell told Obama if he went public with it McConnell would claim he was trying to interfere in the election.

Why didn't Obama say "gently caress you McConnell you would claim that anyway, this is real"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Has Trump ever come out with a name/policy/anything when he said he was going to?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol, they are never going to find one are they. all the sane people dont want it and all the crazys dont want it.

They're going to end up finding some bureaucrat whom nobody has ever heard of, who has served quietly and competently throughout his or her career, and who (after significant vetting) will be determined to be someone completely loyal to the concept of Trumpism and also blissfully unaware that they are anything but a patsy. Basically someone to sit in the seat and nod whenever Trump asks a question.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why didn't Obama say "gently caress you McConnell you would claim that anyway, this is real"

Decorum

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Because he couldn't release the evidence.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

At what point did decorum finally and truely die within the Republican party? Ford?

Edit: It's Lincoln isn't it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Trump idea: Hire Mueller as FBI director, then he can't continue working as special prosecutor :science:

Misread this as "Hire Mulder".

That would be awesome if Trump thought he was a real FBI agent.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Night10194 posted:

Joribaman is still some poo poo.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Drone posted:

At what point did decorum finally and truely die within the Republican party? Ford?

I'd argue Eisenhower.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mahoning posted:

Misread this as "Hire Mulder".

That would be awesome if Trump thought he was a real FBI agent.

oh my god :pray:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Drone posted:

Joe McCarthy, probably.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

TARDISman posted:

I'd argue Eisenhower.

Around the McCarthy era would have been my legit answer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

A.) he couldn't release the evidence because it was classified. Obama could have declassified it, but that would have led to

B.) republicans screaming he was trying to influence the election.

Remember, every decision prior to Tuesday, November 7th 2016 was made based on the assumption that hillary was going to win.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Drone posted:

They're going to end up finding some bureaucrat whom nobody has ever heard of, who has served quietly and competently throughout his or her career, and who (after significant vetting) will be determined to be someone completely loyal to the concept of Trumpism and also blissfully unaware that they are anything but a patsy. Basically someone to sit in the seat and nod whenever Trump asks a question.

I don't think that person exists anymore. He or she might have a few months ago but now it's really clear that playing ball with Trump wins you nothing and the risk is gigantic, especially if you aren't a big name that is already established and has a fall back plan. They are going to try and get a true believer in there and hope that the congressional Republicans go along with it. That or get someone actually decent for the job and hope that congress can stymie any investigations long enough to scoot away.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Can't wait for democrat obstruction to cause all these people to drop out of running for a position.

(Waiting for that headline)

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
This feels a little embarrassing to ask, but what specifically did Joe Lieberman do that everyone hates him? I live in CT and it seems like literally everyone in the state despises him.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

RiggenBlaque posted:

This feels a little embarrassing to ask, but what specifically did Joe Lieberman do that everyone hates him? I live in CT and it seems like literally everyone in the state despises him.

He personally prevented ACA from having a public option, for one.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RiggenBlaque posted:

Killed the public option during the Democrat wave of 2009-ish.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

RiggenBlaque posted:

Being a center-right Democrat from New England who has no deep personal convictions of his own beyond his own massive ego, while also having the same amount of charisma as a block of Velveeta and being well-known for stabbing his own party in the back as long as it earns him some time in the national spotlight. Frequently invited by the GOP to speak at their events because he's "one of the good ones".

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

RiggenBlaque posted:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/prescriptions/2009/10/did_lieberman_just_kill_the_public_option.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxVLwm0wNC0

Also this

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I would be okay with the remainder of Joe Lieberman's days being filled with people publicly stating they were interested in offering him a prestigious position, and then pulling the rug out a week later.

It would be a dream come true if this was the case and just what most politicians do to gently caress with him until he retires or dies.

How... how is this not decided yet?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Anyone else here waiting with baited breath for the CBO scoring of the AHCA bill? I suspect that the fireworks will be amazing.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Lieberman also works for Kasowitz's firm, so as soon as Trump wanted to hire Kasowitz Lieberman would be conflicted out of dealing with the investigation full stop.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Ularg posted:

How... how is this not decided yet?

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Wow, I had no idea Lieberman had swung that far to the right. I came to the state right as his term was ending, thank god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Cimber posted:

Anyone else here waiting with baited breath for the CBO scoring of the AHCA bill? I suspect that the fireworks will be amazing.

Is that today?

• Locked thread