Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Uhhh, Green Lantern's really strong in this game.

Maybe they mean he sucks plotwise, which yeah, that's Hal Jordan for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's what you get when you rip Kyle Rayner apart and do whatever happened to Guy and John. Also, that's what I assumed at first, but 'he's bad at everything' and 'wait for a patch' imply otherwise.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey, there's at least one good GL in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbTgQahosY4

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Darkseid has some great lines.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

And yeah, they seriously missed an opportunity to not replace Hal with one of the new Green Lanterns.

EDIT: Also I just realized that Jamie Reyes has been around for like, a decade now.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 22, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hal Jordan is that one writer's husbandfu right? Which is why he's the best at everything now right?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Calaveron posted:

Hal Jordan is that one writer's husbandfu right? Which is why he's the best at everything now right?
Not just any writer, Geoff Johns husbandfu. This is always why we never get Wally West anymore.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Thinking back, I wonder how much Green Lantern's slump in sales that led to Johns being given the green light for 'Rebirth' was less due to that title and more just comics in general.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Not just any writer, Geoff Johns husbandfu. This is always why we never get Wally West anymore.

I was curious about that. Wally West completely and totally inherited the Flash mantle in what should be the Uber example of sidekicks becoming the main hero after the main hero sacrifices himself to save existence but all of a sudden he stopped existing and the old guy came back and nobody even remembers Wally now (up until that wacky watchmen crossover started where Barry pulled him back into existing?)
That just strikes me as odd and a writer just being enamored with his childhood a la Joe Quesada and the like

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

A writer enamored with his childhood is literally Geoff Johns entire career, for good and for bad.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dan Didio posted:

Uhhh, Green Lantern's really strong in this game.

He may be strong, but I really don't like his moveset. I'm finding it hard to get combos going.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

You shouldn't he has a lovely overhead, great cross-ups from the air, a fantastic combo extender when meter-burning db1 and maybe the best j3 in the game, which is hideously easy to combo into normal strings.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Spam Omega Beams all day. Darkseid is.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Die for Darkseid

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal may be awful in general, but the whole shader thing means I can play as a Blue Lantern so I'll take it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

You shouldn't he has a lovely overhead, great cross-ups from the air, a fantastic combo extender when meter-burning db1 and maybe the best j3 in the game, which is hideously easy to combo into normal strings.

He's the only character in the story mode I have a negative W/L ratio with. I hate his ring grab thing and most of his base specials are underwhelming. It's probably less that he sucks, and more that he's the technical character for pro-strats, but as a scrublord, I hate playing as him, and that sucks cuz I was excited to use the John skin but it means I have to play as GL.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The fact that they put him against Aquaman first is just loving mean.

I'm no good with Flash either, but come on

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Was Cheetah being able to slice up Kryptonians with just her claws because of "magic" a thing already? Cuz uhh okay.

And Christ, Injustice World Diana is the absolute loving worst.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 24, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Was Cheetah being able to slice up Kryptonians with just her claws because of "magic" a thing already? Cuz uhh okay.

And Christ, Injustice World Diana is the absolute loving worst.

Yes. Kryptonians have always (or for a very long time) had a 'weakness' to magic, insomuch as magical weapons affect them the same way they would anything or anyone else, their invulnerability doesn't work on them. The reason why Superman can tank a Captain Marvel thunderbolt basically amounts to him having invulnerability AND increased durability and the magic works on the former and not the latter.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. Kryptonians have always (or for a very long time) had a 'weakness' to magic, insomuch as magical weapons affect them the same way they would anything or anyone else, their invulnerability doesn't work on them. The reason why Superman can tank a Captain Marvel thunderbolt basically amounts to him having invulnerability AND increased durability and the magic works on the former and not the latter.

I knew that Supes was weak to magic, but just because her claws were given to her by magic doesn't make them...magic claws, is what I'm saying, I guess? It's a weird loophole.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 24, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

I knew that Supes was weak to magic, but just because her claws were given to her by magic doesn't make them...magic claws, is what I'm saying, I guess? It's a weird loophole.

The modern Cheetah's claws are literal magical, they can cut through almost anything. So they were both given to her by magic and are magical cut-anything claws.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

The modern Cheetah's claws are literal magical, they can cut through almost anything. So they were both given to her by magic and are magical cut-anything claws.
Well, that is info I did not know. Thanks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Well, that is info I did not know. Thanks.

I ain't blaming a single person for not being able to keep up with Cheetah whose sole reason for existing seems to be "she was on the Superfriend's Legion of Doom."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think it's more that they felt obligated to include at least one villain for each of the main JLA crew. Supes gets Darkseid and Brainiac, Batman has Scarecrow, Deadshot, Catwoman, Bane Ivy and Joker (I suppose you could count the latter two as shared with Harley), Flash has Grodd, Cold and Reverse Flash, GL got Atrocitus and WW has Cheetah.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Atrocitus' 'involvement' in the storymode is hilarious, by the way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Atrocitus' 'involvement' in the storymode is hilarious, by the way.

'hey hal i'm here oh welp later.'

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

EMBRACE YOUR RAGE

Uh, nah, probably not going to mate.

Okay, well, gently caress y'all then. I'm out.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Missed opportunity if they don't release a Clayface skin for Swamp Thing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I thought superman was more vulnerable to magic than a regular human. Like Zatanna could say tihs ruoy stnap and a human could probably last longer without voiding their bowels than supes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Calaveron posted:

Like Zatanna could say tihs ruoy stnap and a human could probably last longer without voiding their bowels than supes

Aw, dammit dude! I'm at work! Geez, Perry's gonna kill me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Calaveron posted:

I thought superman was more vulnerable to magic than a regular human. Like Zatanna could say tihs ruoy stnap and a human could probably last longer without voiding their bowels than supes

It's inconsistent.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

No, Superman isn't weak to magic, he's vulnerable to magic. It isn't like Kryptonite to him, he just has no special defense against it. Zatanna could turn his rear end into a rabbit but not like a double-rabbit.

(Why this never comes up when Superman Goes Rogue is because shut up.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a whole year of Injustice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Nope, he's supposed to be as vulnerable to magic as an in-shape human would be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's a whole year of Injustice.

It is but even there they basically rely on all sorts of poo poo instead of "Superman a bunny."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Nope, he's supposed to be as vulnerable to magic as an in-shape human would be.

I'm literally impervious to magic though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I'm literally impervious to magic though.

You're leaving yourself wide open for the "he said in-shape" response you know.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It's inconsistent.

Inconsistent incontinence?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

redbackground posted:

Every time this poo poo comes up it makes no sense at all to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

In the Brave and the Bold cartoon, Cheetah made herself a match for Superman by way of a magic talisman and coating her claws in Kryptonite nail polish. I'm just going to assume she's taken similar precautions here.