Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

This really brings to mind Slacktivist's argument about white evangelicism as a type of escapist role playing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

fsif posted:

Real life Decker villain maybe.

wikipedia posted:

Because of his size and weight, Dotcom was allowed to have an ergonomic, specially designed chair brought into the courtroom.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah man, especially someone like Zelda who probably didn't do any training for it

You have to train in order to train?!
Madness!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is that... Arf-has?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

loquacius posted:

Barfing would be a really poor physiological response to exhaustion actually since it would further dehydrate you

making GBS threads yourself is also bad for the body, but guess what else you'll end up doing while working out?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You guys must work out really differently than I do

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
You can definitely throw up if you overdo it. Which is the point of the cartoon I guess. The girls overdo their New Year's resolution and give up completely when they don't become hard-bodied goddesses in 2 months.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

loquacius posted:

You guys must work out really differently than I do

Is this really the hill you wanna die on?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Huh, I'd thought it was at least in part to your body can't devote energy to processing that food, so it has to evacuate it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Huh, I'd thought it was at least in part to your body can't devote energy to processing that food, so it has to evacuate it.

Not everything your body does is the result of thousands of years of genetic selection, sometimes it just malfunctions.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It turns out bodies are real dumb, like just look at knees. Or balls.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Is this really the hill you wanna die on?

I mean, no, and I didn't wanna get in a debate with you about whether people puke after working out either, actually

that post was in response to the guy telling me making GBS threads yourself while working out is normal

in closing, :chillpill:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

It turns out bodies are real dumb, like just look at knees. Or balls.

Or, as I call them, crotch orbs

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Alhazred posted:

Zelda should know better though:

Does that make me a bad person if I want to be her Link now

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Not everything your body does is the result of thousands of years of genetic selection, sometimes it just malfunctions.

I think you will find that the body works the way God designed it.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Alhazred posted:

A big cause of death before modern medicine was getting a bug that caused rampant shits and dehydrating to death. These days, that's a trip to the hospital for a drip. Even over-the-counter rehydration salts could have saved a lot of our ancestors. The human body isn't terribly logical especially in the digestive system which seem to have the programming "catch error: dump all."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

can someone explain how zelda is a political cartoon

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

It discusses or generally focuses on feminist issues or a feminist perception of the world. It's more political than a image of a flag with DEBT on it anyways.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Does that make me a bad person if I want to be her Link now

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Track and field Crossfit people don't just vomit after work outs, they wear it as a badge of honor and tell everyone about it.

FTFY

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Potato Salad posted:

It sometimes covers feminist and gender issues. Also there is a very vocal fanbase in this thread so I say just let them have it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TGLT posted:

It's more political than a image of a flag with DEBT on it anyways.

Or Tinsely ranting about jeans with holes in them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BonHair posted:

I think you will find that the body works the way God designed it.

Specifically the petty and cruel god of the old testament.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

BarbarianElephant posted:

A big cause of death before modern medicine was getting a bug that caused rampant shits and dehydrating to death. These days, that's a trip to the hospital for a drip. Even over-the-counter rehydration salts could have saved a lot of our ancestors. The human body isn't terribly logical especially in the digestive system which seem to have the programming "catch error: dump all."

That's pretty much the default response to sensory shenanigans. Motion sickness is your body assuming that these weird readings must mean that you've been poisoned so time to empty that belly.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

TGLT posted:

It discusses or generally focuses on feminist issues or a feminist perception of the world. It's more political than a image of a flag with DEBT on it anyways.
I dunno, how big a DEBT label are we talking about?

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Lodin posted:

Guess what, I happened on this and it turns out British elections have always been poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iAzIkjO3G0

Go watch all the seasons of Spitting Image you lightweight.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

If Zelda goes for not being political enough, Tinsley should go too IMO. His "kids/society these days" hot takes feel like they can barely be defined as political most of the time.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Zelda's not explicitly political every single strip, in fact a large amount of it is just slice of life and general societal commentary.

This does NOT mean it should go, in fact I rather like it. It's a nice palate cleanser, and if you want to get rid of Zelda for not being political enough then all of Tinsley's Old Man Yells At Cloud Internet should go, too.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

You'd think the gub'mint could come up with a more effective way of getting that sweet mercury into your brain than just cleaving the top half of your skull and scalp. Thanks Obama!

I wonder what Bono did to suddenly get on Ted's shitlist.

A cartoon for Tei.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can someone remind me who exactly these evil newsmen are who are defending terrorists

like, I know the answer is "you don't know them, they go to another school, they live in Canada actually" but it still seemed like the right question to ask

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Manchester Arena attack – At least 22 people have died in a suicide bombing at a crowded pop concert in Manchester, the most deadly attack in Britain in a decade"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Soldiers on UK streets as threat raised to critical after Manchester bombing

Mail:
MAC on... Orlando Bloom and the waitress who enjoyed a night of 'incredible sex' with him

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sandpuppy posted:

A cartoon for Tei.

Salvation lies within.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Cat Mattress posted:

Are there really people who barf when they're exhausted?

Back in my hockey playing days, there were a few instances I ended up puking during practice from too many suicides.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Sandpuppy posted:

uh, he's not ted rall?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Yeah, gently caress the Pope.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Sandpuppy posted:

Be successful and not be Todd Roll (qv Art Spiegelman, Roger Ebert, etc)

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FronzelNeekburm posted:

There are many more possibilities than single-payer. Dozens of health care systems around the world, in fact, that work better than ours, for cheaper. We could try learning from any of them, or all of them. But hey, someday we'll get that incremental change that actually benefits people.

Well if the ACA benefits no-one then I guess we'd better pressure Dems to join with Republicans to repeal it. Make sure we share in the credit of repealing a law that does nothing good for anyone.

loquacius posted:

hey stop being a condescending douche for a second please TIA

If you can't wrap your mind around the idea that the person who is making an argument can affect someone else's perception of that argument, I don't know what to tell you here. Someone attributing credit for a hypothetical future single-payer system to a specific law loses a lot of credibility in my eyes when they have in the past gone to great pains to identify themselves with a movement that emphatically stated on several occasions that a single-payer system would be a repudiation of that law (also, remember "never, ever come to pass"?). Disavowing those statements would be a good way for us to bring this argument to a tidy close. I'd totally believe that they were just damage-control against a primary opponent calling for a popular healthcare reform, although I don't know why the Clinton campaign wouldn't just adopt the idea themselves (see: $15 minimum wage, sort of)

You are never, ever gonna be able to get over being treated like an adult and being expected to recognise the real world, are you?

And on the $15 minimum wage thing, yes, I do remember that she had a more nuanced approach that didn't try to set wages for what works in New York or LA, and instead wanted to set wages in smaller rural towns for what works for those economies. Good thing Rural voters don't mind having their situation ignored for big city situations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Back in my hockey playing days, there were a few instances I ended up puking during practice from too many suicides.

Captain_Maclaine and his friends leave the rink triumphant, if a little bit queasy at the sight of the worst of the team cutting their own throats with their ice skates, as is proper, as is the way of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Zelda's not explicitly political every single strip, in fact a large amount of it is just slice of life and general societal commentary.

This does NOT mean it should go, in fact I rather like it. It's a nice palate cleanser, and if you want to get rid of Zelda for not being political enough then all of Tinsley's Old Man Yells At Cloud Internet should go, too.

I don't think it's particularly funny, whether it's political not.

Drunk duck can at least be laughed at for how bad it is.

• Locked thread