Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Literally the only thing you need to do to get gold is end 25% of your matches with a super and not lose any rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Jimmy Hats posted:

I, for one, am highly concerned re: the disappearance of butts in video games. Who is taking all the butts?

Pancake rear end is coming back with a vengeance. It's the goddamned 80s all over again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarEternal posted:

Literally the only thing you need to do to get gold is end 25% of your matches with a super and not lose any rounds.

Right, it's easy to get gold yourself. The AI will miss it more often than not.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
*has the ai play a fighting game for me*

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Zand posted:

It's not a fighting game it's a dress-up dating sim

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Zand posted:

Do you actually want to play against the lovely input-reading AI? I sure as hell don't. Having the AI play the singleplayer content for you is one of the most painless ways to get boxes of pretty princess dressup stuff and make your numbers get bigger; that gives goodfeels to my dumb lizard brain.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jimmy Hats posted:

It's not a fighting game it's a dress-up dating sim

Honestly if they developed this into a full-fledged league/Football Manager-style mode, I would play the hell out of it. Just throw in a strategic map/scheduler and resource management

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Zand posted:

inb4 the flood of "how dare you not play this game exactly the way I want you to"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Honestly if they developed this into a full-fledged league/Football Manager-style mode, I would play the hell out of it. Just throw in a strategic map/scheduler and resource management

Yes

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Do you actually want to play against the lovely input-reading AI? I sure as hell don't. Having the AI play the singleplayer content for you is one of the most painless ways to get boxes of pretty princess dressup stuff and make your numbers get bigger; that gives goodfeels to my dumb lizard brain.

I'm bad at fighting games, but watching the AI and seeing the stuff it does has let me learn a couple more combos that weren't in the tutorial so I look like less of a shitheel when I lose in PvP.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Fenn the Fool! posted:

You could just play the game against people and not the AI.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Mulloy posted:

I'm bad at fighting games, but watching the AI and seeing the stuff it does has let me learn a couple more combos that weren't in the tutorial so I look like less of a shitheel when I lose in PvP.

how dare you play the game how you want to play it

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wish I could let the AI play ranked for me against real people

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Do you actually want to play against the lovely input-reading AI?

Yes.

One of the fastest ways I improve is when I'm forced to adapt. I've learned what buttons to press when I want to get a supermove to land consistently (Square Square Triangle works pretty well with Batman and Doctor Fate). I have begun to notice when I fall into the same old poo poo, and have spent the time in training mode memorizing alternative combos that I can use when I need to start mixing things up. If the AI is ever able to shut me down, I have a response that gets me back in there.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Who has really easy combos for babbies? I've been playing Darkseid but the only punish combos I whip out when omega spam fails me is 1,2,3,2 and I feel like o could be doing more.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm down to only like 30 regen tokens so you bet I'm gonna let the AI farm those up in multiverse rewards.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Who has really easy combos for babbies? I've been playing Darkseid but the only punish combos I whip out when omega spam fails me is 1,2,3,2 and I feel like o could be doing more.

his mixup combos that center around his kick are all pretty good but aside from that, Always Be Teleporting in the air. You can transition to eyebeams or the glorious stomp so easy from that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarEternal posted:

You could just play the game against people and not the AI.

That's exactly what he's saying.

Play people, AI loot.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

lol @ Robin vs Deadshot:

R: I just had a great idea.
D: Put your hands up and surrender?
R: Nah. I'm going to shoot you with your own guns.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Fix posted:

lol @ Robin vs Deadshot:

R: I just had a great idea.
D: Put your hands up and surrender?
R: Nah. I'm going to shoot you with your own guns.

Deadshot and Batman's good too.

D: I've got you in my sights.
B: But you're still missing.

Then Batman loses the clash and gets blasted in the face.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So, the game has been out for just over a week now. What's everyone's top 5?

In no particular order I think the best characters in the game are:

Supergirl
Black Adam
Deadshot
Batman

And IDK who my fifth is. Superman maybe?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

Supergirl
Black Adam
Deadshot
Batman

those 4 are def easy to play with and have strong tools. you could probably put Superman/Aaquaman/maybe Green Lantern, Atrocitus, Fate in that echelon. PigOfTheHut had a little tourney that had guys like Scarecrow, Blue Beetle, I think maybe Joker in there? A lot of characters are very viable in high level poo poo.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Yeah, I've mostly been playing ranked. The single player stuff is perfectly fine to play yourself right up until the AI starts beating you, it doesn't play anything like a real person and reads your inputs like crazy, making it incredibly frustrating and random to fight against. You just end up looking for gimmicks that the AI has trouble dealing with, and those'll be nothing but bad habits when you go to play against real people.

Admittedly, making fighting game AI that plays anything like a real person is extremely difficult, but given the emphasis on vs AI fights I really would have liked NRS to put some thought into making the AI fun to fight against. Something that telegraphed when the AI was going to jump or do an unsafe attack would be easy and teach you useful skills for actually playing the game. Hell, even just making the AI play like someone mashing buttons would be better.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Supergirl
Black Adam
Deadshot
Batman

Black Adam
Batman
Aquaman
Deadshot
Superman

4/5 of these characters were in ij1 though so I imagine things will change once people fully figure out the new chars

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Yeah, I've mostly been playing ranked. The single player stuff is perfectly fine to play yourself right up until the AI starts beating you, it doesn't play anything like a real person and reads your inputs like crazy, making it incredibly frustrating and random to fight against. You just end up looking for gimmicks that the AI has trouble dealing with, and those'll be nothing but bad habits when you go to play against real people.

Admittedly, making fighting game AI that plays anything like a real person is extremely difficult, but given the emphasis on vs AI fights I really would have liked NRS to put some thought into making the AI fun to fight against. Something that telegraphed when the AI was going to jump or do an unsafe attack would be easy and teach you useful skills for actually playing the game. Hell, even just making the AI play like someone mashing buttons would be better.

Should add me because I like playing games but hate playing ranked. PSN: Demmonaz

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I like Batman and Black Adam for sure, got them both to 20 first. Superman seems good but I'm not sure I like playing him. Lots of f23. Lots. Harley seems good. Joker's got some good mixups but his main combos all require meter burn.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am convinced the only bad character in this game is Bane

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I don't think Robin and Flash are necessarily bad, but I feel like any character with a good fireball game just eats them.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jimmy Hats posted:

I am convinced the only bad character in this game is Bane

Bane is good.

I think swamp thing and captain cold are bad. Scarecrow seems bad but looks like people have been finding some strong tech with his trait in the last few days.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
When should I use Darkseid's trait? It seems very slow and I don't know its purpose.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

When should I use Darkseid's trait? It seems very slow and I don't know its purpose.

the secret bird is scary + powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4mY20GRQTQ&t=115s

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQwPYh61s18

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I've noticed it seems like the A.I. doesn't know how to use Darkseid's trait either, the thing appears, floats for a bit then vanishes.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Jmcrofts posted:

Black Adam
Batman
Aquaman
Deadshot
Superman

4/5 of these characters were in ij1 though so I imagine things will change once people fully figure out the new chars

Deadshot, Deathstroke, same difference

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Darkseid's trait is for summoning a little hype goblin to watch you clown on fools

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Wonder Woman's AI is incredibly dumb. If you do a B3 she'll always try to lasso you, which is good since catwoman's B3 ducks under it. :getin:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really really enjoy green arrow his 13 hit combo is real easy to do too.

I picked up year one of injustice comic and really like it. What other D.C. Comics should I get if I'm new. I took the green arrow refs from before and am gunna read that. Should I watch Arrow?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Empress Brosephine posted:

I really really enjoy green arrow his 13 hit combo is real easy to do too.

I picked up year one of injustice comic and really like it. What other D.C. Comics should I get if I'm new. I took the green arrow refs from before and am gunna read that. Should I watch Arrow?

Arrow is meh, and I will always tell people to read anything with the Lantern Corps, ESPECIALLY Blackest Night/Brightest Day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arrow has 3 pretty good seasons (out of 5 total) but it is not at all the same character as the Green Arrow in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Aphrodite posted:

Arrow has 3 pretty good seasons (out of 5 total) but it is not at all the same character as the Green Arrow in the game.

He's basically Batman with a bow.
a.k.a *YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWNNN*

• Locked thread