Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Fresher and cleaner stuff that is murdering the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Our artisanal mix of carefully curated hydrocarbons is 100% organic.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Pierson posted:

that guy fuckin rules, what's his startup

Huskr

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raldikuk posted:

You can recycle or compost most kcups now though????

Yes, but the operating word is "can". In reality 99.99% of them go into the landfill, including the ones sent to the recycling facility for PR reasons.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sundae posted:

The latest bullshit from the Bay Area:

http://www.filld.com/

One of their trucks was in front of me in traffic today, painted with big block letters that read "LOW ON GAS? THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT."

That name... oh god, they're reading the thread! All it needs is to be organic and cold-pressed double-filtered gas and they've got BINGO.

so i guess WeFuel, Yoshi, Booster, GasNinjas, FuelMe, MobileFuel, and Purple weren't enough for the "expensive tank of gas delivered to your car" space?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

trucutru posted:

Yes, but the operating word is "can". In reality 99.99% of them go into the landfill, including the ones sent to the recycling facility for PR reasons.

they burn those

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

exploded mummy posted:

they burn those

Oh yeah, forgot about that. They recycle the heat. Lol

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

trucutru posted:

So do ordinary coffee filters, right?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

trucutru posted:

I hate keurigs but if something compostable ends up in a landfill, that seems...possibly okay?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

boner confessor posted:

so i guess WeFuel, Yoshi, Booster, GasNinjas, FuelMe, MobileFuel, and Purple weren't enough for the "expensive tank of gas delivered to your car" space?

And here I thought you were making poo poo up. :lol:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

I hate keurigs but if something compostable ends up in a landfill, that seems...possibly okay?

I thiiink don't quote me but stuff that's in a landfill doesn't have enough air to compost properly?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Hawkins posted:

Well the inventor of the things says that he regrets creating them because they can't be recycled, and for some reason I believe he knows what he's talking about.

As for compostable, you have to shred the things and give them lots of air and time for it to happen so, yeah, right.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

MiddleOne posted:

thereisnoethicalconsumptionundercapitalism.jpg

That's supposed to be a warning, not an excuse to give up.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Sundae posted:

And here I thought you were making poo poo up. :lol:

No kidding. I was like "huh, that's not an awful idea", and then someone just rattles off a list of a dozen companies already crowding the same market.

Jesus Christ.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LionYeti posted:

I thiiink don't quote me but stuff that's in a landfill doesn't have enough air to compost properly?

pretty much. landfills are just anoxic holes that trash is dumped into, once another layer of garbage is on top then things basically dont rot

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Raldikuk posted:

You can recycle or compost most kcups now though????

Reducing waste is way better than reusing or recycling.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

golden bubble posted:

Reducing waste is way better than reusing or recycling.

Which is better, compostable keurig or starbucks cups?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

boner confessor posted:

pretty much. landfills are just anoxic holes that trash is dumped into, once another layer of garbage is on top then things basically dont rot

So was "biodegradable" a meaningless distinction this whole time? I always thought it at least meant the material would return to soil in a few years.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Antti posted:

No kidding. I was like "huh, that's not an awful idea", and then someone just rattles off a list of a dozen companies already crowding the same market.

Jesus Christ.

Also, it's an awful idea

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sundae posted:

One of their trucks was in front of me in traffic today, painted with big block letters that read "LOW ON GAS? THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT."

That name... oh god, they're reading the thread! All it needs is to be organic and cold-pressed double-filtered gas and they've got BINGO.

I see that and immediately just think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjwU8AzFgms

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Sundae posted:

drat it. I needed that domain for my cuckold app.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Doc Hawkins posted:

So was "biodegradable" a meaningless distinction this whole time? I always thought it at least meant the material would return to soil in a few years.

It does, if you send it to a proper composting facility. Not that many places have them but they exist!

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Meh, petroleum gas is on the way out, if they really wanted to disrupt they would offer electric car charging, CNG, LNG, LPG, Biodiesel, and Ethanol blends. I'm in the Bay Area and all my friends brag about their alternative fuel vehicles, so surely they will completely replace dirty fossil fuels in a few years.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Konstantin posted:

Meh, petroleum gas is on the way out, if they really wanted to disrupt they would offer electric car charging, CNG, LNG, LPG, Biodiesel, and Ethanol blends. I'm in the Bay Area and all my friends brag about their alternative fuel vehicles, so surely they will completely replace dirty fossil fuels in a few years.

If my alternative fuel vehicle is a bicycle, will they come shove pie in my mouth when I use the app?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Doc Hawkins posted:

biodegradable is a legit thing but it's not like garbage dumps are an open field with plenty of access to the elements. they're more like giant plastic lined holes in the earth 200 feet deep the garbage gets dumped into. nothing can really degrade once it's buried in fifty feet of garbage, even bacteria can't live down there. if you go to old landfills and you dig deep enough you can dig up perfectly legible and well preserved newspapers from a hundred years ago

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sundae posted:

If my alternative fuel vehicle is a bicycle, will they come shove pie in my mouth when I use the app?

They will pedal for you.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Eh, biodegradable at least means it won't end up as a part of a high seas garbage island or forever-litter on the side of a road/river.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Warbadger posted:

Eh, biodegradable at least means it won't end up as a part of a high seas garbage island

unfortunately most of that plastic waste is marine plastic, nets and buoys and stuff, which you want to be as nondegradable as possible

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sundae posted:

I'm down with this

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Is there a bicycle tag app yet? Where you register to get chased, and a courier gets paid if they tag you. Could sell it to fitness enthusiasts and as a exercise experience.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

That sounds like it will end with a lot more ran over grandpas than SF can handle

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Tars Tarkas posted:

That sounds like it will end with a lot more ran over grandpas than SF can handle

Sounds like you need my new GnCee app that automatically hails an ambulance for you whenever it detects a fall, an impact, or an aberrant heartbeat!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Tars Tarkas posted:

Reduces urban density!

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

jaete posted:

Also, it's an awful idea

yeah, they should outsource the actual delivery too and just ship gas boxes that customers can apply to their cars themselves

I bet they could get bulk shipping rates too

maybe a Netflix-like model where once you’ve put the gas in the vehicle you just slap another label on the empty container and send it back to be refilled and reused

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

eschaton posted:

yeah, they should outsource the actual delivery too and just ship gas boxes that customers can apply to their cars themselves

I bet they could get bulk shipping rates too

maybe a Netflix-like model where once you’ve put the gas in the vehicle you just slap another label on the empty container and send it back to be refilled and reused

They could call it Xpldr!

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/867513229941112834

Burn motherfucker burn

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This thread makes the best lovely startup names. Just remove every vowel in a word and you have the name of a hot new company for VC firms to dump money into.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There's an ambulance ride app that reminds me of that, because they're missing like 2 vowels in their name.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Murdr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Pharohman777 posted:

This thread makes the best lovely startup names. Just remove every vowel in a word and you have the name of a hot new company for VC firms to dump money into.

vntr cptl