Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hagie posted:

Went to bed at 160k, content with getting 100 lapis even though I knew I should have more, wake up to 90k.

Used my ticket from this morning

TURNS YELLOW

Nine

Uh, ok...

Same except I got Seven.

What the hell is with these Type 0 people showing up on the one banner they're not supposed to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
All it's doing is providing me is a crazy Arena team.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
gently caress, 49 streak broken by a very lucky cursed card.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Twice this week I've lost arena matches without getting a turn, so many teams getting loaded up at with AE status moves units.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Khisanth Magus posted:

I win a ton of matches this way. With 2 Setzers, you can bet at least 2 or 3 of your dudes are going to get stoned.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I was at just under 30k before the bot invasion, dropped as low as 130k and now am back up to 77k. I'm really curious to see how Gumi unfucks this situation.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ghostnuke posted:

I win a ton of matches this way. With 2 Setzers, you can bet at least 2 or 3 of your dudes are going to get stoned.

My arena team is 2 Setzers, Noctis, Exdeath, and Yshtola. If I get first turn I am pretty much guaranteed to win because their entire team is going to be petrified or stopped. But this person had a single Setzer, not dual weilding, and petrified all 5 of my people with a single cursed card.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Right now I run 2 Chizurus, Fryevia, Sohze, Exdeath. Usually I give Chi2 the poison katana.

I used to run 2 chizuru, Snow (confusion fist or silence knife), Firion with golem staff and some status weapon, and Bartz with another status weapon.

I've found the AoE chaining gets more accomplished, and the Exdeath is for the dodgers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

jetz0r posted:

Twice this week I've lost arena matches without getting a turn, so many teams getting loaded up at with AE status moves units.

This is why I'm working on Ribbon #2, and in the meanwhile my arena team includes a CoD (immune to sleep/stone/confuse/paralyze) and as much petrify immunity as I can spare for my Exdeaths. When the inevitable flask/dance/card/whatever bullshit happens CoD can heal their aliments and then the meteor spam can commence. I can still lose to the occasional AOE heavy damage or absurd Stop RNG though.

Tipme posted:

Gumi will Make ELT raid not able to be solo'd by an orlandu to solve this in the future.

That's why you bring an Orlandu duo.

And Olive. :getin:

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

NOX is a godsend. I can't believe i TM'd an excalibur without it

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't even bother with status is arena. I bring 3 Exdeaths, Dark Fina, and Trance Terra for 6x meteor and 4x ultima. Everybody dies.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KDdidit posted:

I don't even bother with status is arena. I bring 3 Exdeaths, Dark Fina, and Trance Terra for 6x meteor and 4x ultima. Everybody dies.

Unless you lose turn 1 and they have a Rem who uses AOE Siphon...
:argh:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I feel like I'm completely stuck on Sacred Crystals, because every single 3* and 4* dude I have seems to need a ton of them to awaken.

Is there a good way to farm these? I've tried Chamber of Awakening but I seem to get one every 4-5 runs and that's not really efficient.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mystery Prize posted:

I feel like I'm completely stuck on Sacred Crystals, because every single 3* and 4* dude I have seems to need a ton of them to awaken.

Is there a good way to farm these? I've tried Chamber of Awakening but I seem to get one every 4-5 runs and that's not really efficient.

Do you have any 100% TM farmed characters? Put them in your group for the upcoming new story content and they will drop like candy every round. Holy crystals will then become your roadblock.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Khisanth Magus posted:

My arena team is 2 Setzers, Noctis, Exdeath, and Yshtola. If I get first turn I am pretty much guaranteed to win because their entire team is going to be petrified or stopped. But this person had a single Setzer, not dual weilding, and petrified all 5 of my people with a single cursed card.

No matter how well protected you are, it really doesn't matter if you don't go first. It's total RNG if the AI decides to destroy you with their best skills or just auto attack.

Mystery Prize posted:

On this topic has anyone not been getting sacred/holy crystals from the Electric Tower the past couple days? I've gone 10 runs now without seeing either after seeing at least 1-2 a run before that. I'd hate to think Gumi nerfed that because getting Holy Crystals is a real pain in the rear end.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Unless you lose turn 1 and they have a Rem who uses AOE Siphon...
:argh:

Yeah, doesn't matter what your team is at that point.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

Yeah, doesn't matter what your team is at that point.

No, I've lost to teams with good MP regen when I have Siphon Delta'd them.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No, I've lost to teams with good MP regen when I have Siphon Delta'd them.

Sure, but that's when you do it, not get it done to you.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Do you have any 100% TM farmed characters? Put them in your group for the upcoming new story content and they will drop like candy every round. Holy crystals will then become your roadblock.

I sure don't! I only started a few days ago, so the only dudes I have with even slightly decent trust levels are Zyrus and Kain, due to the Bahamut event. They're like 55% and 50%, respectively.

I can try running stuff with them in the party to see if it helps

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

Sure, but that's when you do it, not get it done to you.

I don't see how the computer is able to do something a human player cannot, though?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't see how the computer is able to do something a human player cannot, though?

Makes sense I guess. All the more reason I just use direct damage.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Because they have built in Auto-Refresh, the following characters, properly geared, can recover from a Rem Old Fashioned Manahosing™:

Dark Fina
Marie
Trance Terra
Lightning
Rem
Aileen
Cerius
Ling
Olive
Gilgamesh
Luneth
Elza
Ace
Dark Knight Cecil
Delita
Queen
Orlandeau
Ramza

MP boosting gear and/or MP pots are a good idea, as are materia which deal damage.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 25, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ling is absolutely amazing in arena because she gets around every single annoying status or mp drain bullshit by herself for the most part. I guess if your entire party got blasted by status effects AND ling got totally drained in the same turn it would be annoying but that's rng for you

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Yeah, unless the enemy team goes completely ham and AoEs your entire group to death, or focuses Ling with single target attacks (and gets lucky and actually hits her, given her high evade rate), she just goes "lol no" to almost anything the AI can throw at you. AoE Status effects with Cursed Card or Fire Flask? She's immune to all character disabling status and can AoE esuna the rest of your party. MP drain? She can restore MP. Even if they kill multiple members of your party, she has AoE raise.

She's the ultimate Arena fixer. Hopefully they let people roll on her again sometime.

Rem's AoE MP drain is still a problem though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Yeah, unless the enemy team goes completely ham and AoEs your entire group to death, or focuses Ling with single target attacks (and gets lucky and actually hits her, given her high evade rate), she just goes "lol no" to almost anything the AI can throw at you. AoE Status effects with Cursed Card or Fire Flask? She's immune to all character disabling status and can AoE esuna the rest of your party. MP drain? She can restore MP. Even if they kill multiple members of your party, she has AoE raise.

She's the ultimate Arena fixer. Hopefully they let people roll on her again sometime.

Rem's AoE MP drain is still a problem though.

Ling will absolutely be back at some point, even if it's not until the next Chinese New Year banner.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So I was still connected to the game after it went into maintenance tonight and was able to navigate to the bundles section. Provided it wasn't a bug, it looks like there is going to be a "gold chest of abundance" that has a 4*+ ticket, 2500 lapis, and 1 or more 5% moogles for $12.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

So I was still connected to the game after it went into maintenance tonight and was able to navigate to the bundles section. Provided it wasn't a bug, it looks like there is going to be a "gold chest of abundance" that has a 4*+ ticket, 2500 lapis, and 1 or more 5% moogles for $12.

Just one, but it's still a good deal. Full datamine here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6d7wf4/gl_maint_quick_peek_52517/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah sure, gently caress it i'll pay $12 for some TMR lapis, 5% moogle, and another Hope

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Reminder: Only pull on this next banner if you're sick of waiting for WoL or want to grind Grace's TM (Magic Amplifier Acc: MP +20%, MAG +25%, SPR +25%).

Next three banners should be some combination of Tilith/Vargas/Elza, Swimsuit Fina/Dark Fina and Tidus/Rikku.

We may also get a fast-tracked FF14 event mid-July along with Stormblood release next month, which means a free Minfilia/Y'shtola/Yda/Papalymo from raid gacha/point rewards. We don't speak of Thancred.

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 25, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Varance posted:

Reminder: Only pull on this next banner if you're sick of waiting for WoL or want to grind Grace's TM (Magic Amplifier Acc: MP +20%, MAG +25%, SPR +25%).

Next three banners should be some combination of Tilith/Vargas/Elza, Swimsuit Fina/Dark Fina and Tidus/Rikku.

We may also get a fast-tracked FF14 event mid-July along with Stormblood release next month, which means a free Minfilia/Y'shtola/Yda/Papalymo from raid gacha/point rewards. We don't speak of Thancred.

Bowie Knife is pretty nice too, no?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BDawg posted:

Bowie Knife is pretty nice too, no?

I think his point is pulling beyond daily. No need to go hard for the 3*s, especially if they aren't limited.

Always Daily.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I was more referring to tickets. Personally, I'm probably going to go easy on the daily pulls, as well.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Facebook page posted:

Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS.

Upon investigation of the Vision of Bahamut Raid event, we have confirmed the presence of illegal activities which also compromised the raid ranking. The team already removed the accounts in question and the raid ranking is now updated.

We highly support fair gaming. Any illegal activity found in any part of the game will be dealt with accordingly. We will continue our monitoring and investigation to ensure that game rules are strictly followed and take action in the future.

Also, we encourage our players to contact our customer support service if they discover any user or service illegally modifying the game to their advantage. Customer Support page: http://finalfantasyexvius.com/support/

We thank you for your understanding and support in trying to keep a fair and safe game environment.

Guess we'll see if we get any extra compensation or not. I'd think so but they didn't say compensation was on the way. Personally I don't mind if we don't get compensation and they just manage to fix the rankings.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

The knives have built in DW, which is going to be awesome for newer dudes like me.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

No compensation for the Raid but we got 30 NRG from a couple bugs.

4* ticket got me a Rosa. God drat it give me a King. 2 Tickets later finally got one.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 25, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PaybackJack posted:

No compensation for the Raid but we got 30 NRG from a couple bugs.

4* ticket got me a Rosa. God drat it give me a King. 2 Tickets later finally got one.

Hmm... trying to decide if I'll use that ticket to pull for Rem or wait.

With Cecil and Snow, I'm not really in the market for a tank.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After every 1/2 pull and about 20 tickets I never got the gold mage on the dragon banner, after the 1/2 pulls and 5 tickets on this banner, I have 2 Kings. Funny old game. There are worse golds to miss out on I guess, I just want to get rid of those 20 Moogles.

Anything of note on the new continent yet?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

KDdidit posted:

After every 1/2 pull and about 20 tickets I never got the gold mage on the dragon banner, after the 1/2 pulls and 5 tickets on this banner, I have 2 Kings. Funny old game. There are worse golds to miss out on I guess, I just want to get rid of those 20 Moogles.

Anything of note on the new continent yet?

King's pretty good...

If you want each auto attack to take 30 minutes.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BDawg posted:

King's pretty good...

If you want each auto attack to take 30 minutes.

I can pair him with Queen and she can devastate for 30 minutes with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I started playing this last week, but very casually. Only bought the newbie pack and a small currency pack, they really throw a lot of free stuff at you. I completely missed that there is a SA thread, so I'm probably too deep in for re-rolling now.

Would someone be so kind to take a short glance at my roster and tell me who to use for xp and who to keep ? I checked out the tier lists on various sites, but a lot of the stuff is still meta-babble to me and it's gonna be a while til I speak fluently jargon.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread