Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Constipated posted:

I'm thin and have never been close to chubby/fat, my diet is on point and going from lifting 3x a week to 5 is doing wonders, along with swapping out certain lifts for others. I have never gone on a proper cut in my life, I like food I guess.

That all makes sense I'm just jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Pics of this thin 197lb stallion pls tia

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I woke up today in a sweat because I had a nightmare about contest prep lmao

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

sassassin posted:

Pics of this thin 197lb stallion pls tia

Dum Cumpster posted:

That all makes sense I'm just jealous.

Haven't you been cutting for the better part of 3 months now? :ohdear:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Constipated posted:

I've been cutting for the better part of a year. :(

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

gently caress dude, I can't imagine that.. I'll eat a salami and or burrito for both of you fine gentlemen.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Constipated posted:

Yeah, this is actually my last week. Smoking some ribs on friday and going to eat as many as I can fit in myself.

Jealousy is at anyone still relatively new to lifting. Being a gym senior means my gains take months.

Time posted:

I woke up today in a sweat because I had a nightmare about contest prep lmao

lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I keep having this dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFoGbj8jldU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I flayed my pinky finger pretty good a few days ago. Anyone got a good bandage rec other than just bandaids? I will lift through the pain. Need something sweat resistant or whatever.

naem
May 29, 2011

I ate a meat and lifted a thing and got biggerer

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Chinatown posted:

I flayed my pinky finger pretty good a few days ago. Anyone got a good bandage rec other than just bandaids? I will lift through the pain. Need something sweat resistant or whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/Band-Aid-Sport-Strip-Extra-Wide/dp/B009OGAHCM

These actually stay on for more than 2 minutes of activity.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

naem posted:

I ate a meat and lifted a thing and got biggerer

Sounds impossible, actually

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

4 times. And the last wasn't much of an attempt. Fixed a minor foot positioning problem (feet about half an inch too far back), but it didn't help. Just got too cocky and pushed my schedule a bit too far.

Ruined my god drat day.

Just curious but how long are you idiots leaving between attempts? For 1rm

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Between 1 and 2? Not long at all, was basically me yelling "gently caress", readjusting my feet, and trying again. It was the closest i got.

Next 2 were also in quick succession after a while, but as i said... #4 was basically nothing.

I usually don't even try again. In my experience if you fail a big lift, you're done. Go hit the showers. But i was pissed so i tried again.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sounds impossible, actually

Now I'm pooping (the circle of life)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

One set per song

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Between 1 and 2? Not long at all, was basically me yelling "gently caress", readjusting my feet, and trying again. It was the closest i got.

Next 2 were also in quick succession after a while, but as i said... #4 was basically nothing.

I usually don't even try again. In my experience if you fail a big lift, you're done. Go hit the showers. But i was pissed so i tried again.

I've heard a lot of bro science saying it's ok to wait up to 5 mins between heavy lifts, I've tried it and it's ok on deadlifts

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Chinatown posted:

Use chalk. Just rub a block of chalk on it, or salami.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cobra Commander posted:

Use chalk. Just rub a block of chalk on it, or salami.

Mix 1 part ground salami, 2 parts ground chalk with 1 part water be sure to mix to putty like consistency.
Apply to finger and wait 30 mins to dry.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

You'll want to put some cum on there too, to really seal it in. But not your own cum because you don't want to be tired, go to the locker room and see if a gym bro who is done lifting can help you out with that.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i might just go raw dog tomorrow and absorb the weight molecules into my veins :twisted:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Had another contest prep nightmare. Haven't stepped on stage in 2 years now. Stress dreams about not eating lmao

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Use the stress to fuel your anger.

Use your anger to fuel your lifts.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

bamhand posted:

5x10s on leg day feels basically like HIIT. I do not like it.

I did this on tuesday with the same weight that I did a 4x8 at the previous cycle, except now it's further into the cut and my calories are lower.

my legs hate me. 285 isn't a heavy squat, but doing it 50 times loving sucks.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Liquid skin

...or just superglue

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dilber posted:

I did this on tuesday with the same weight that I did a 4x8 at the previous cycle, except now it's further into the cut and my calories are lower.

I hope to never be strong enough for a 285 5x10.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

It's not even that hard?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

5-10 minutes depending. Similar to what I leave between actual heavy sets.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Cobra Commander posted:

It's not even that hard?

It sounds pretty hard to me. I 1RM around 4 plates and 5x10 285 sounds terrible.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

I've heard a lot of bro science saying it's ok to wait up to 5 mins between heavy lifts, I've tried it and it's ok on deadlifts

I stopped acting like a fat and reduced my rest times to 1-2 minutes and noticed no difference after adjusting to it in a few weeks.

Dilber posted:

smae

Did 285 x 10, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9 about 3 weeks back and it was rough. Happy to be back to strength work and increasing calories this weekend.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

I usually don't even try again. In my experience if you fail a big lift, you're done. Go hit the showers.

I've made this an iron clad rule for deads. One failed deadlift rep for any reason whatsoever -> end of workout. Anything else is just asking to pull something in my back and be out of the gym for a week or two.

Mind you, I'm old-ish and have a wonky back in the first place. Deadlifting on a regular basis without loving up is, however, the best thing I've ever done for my back.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I've officially graduated from my cheap 45lb adjustable dumbbells at home. Anyone has the PowerBlock dumbbells? Are they okay? They look stupid but I need something that can go heavy without taking stupid amounts of space.

Also checked out the traditional adjustable dumbbells with plates but they all look like cheap crap on Amazon

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I'm thinking about getting a set soon. I think Alfalfa said he liked them years ago.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

UnfurledSails posted:

I've officially graduated from my cheap 45lb adjustable dumbbells at home. Anyone has the PowerBlock dumbbells? Are they okay? They look stupid but I need something that can go heavy without taking stupid amounts of space.

Also checked out the traditional adjustable dumbbells with plates but they all look like cheap crap on Amazon

Do you care about looks? I got a cheap set of standard adjustables but they work fine. Unless you plan on doing bench I guess. It's hard to get into position when you can't rest the ends on your thighs since they're kinda sharp.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
My back is peeling from squatting :barf:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
He power block things are good but make sure you line them up right before setting them down or they can get jammed up and not switch right ever again. Take care of them tho and they save you so much space and rule

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so i just used that squishy medical tape on my flayed finger and it worked perfectly. couldnt feel anything and actually helped my grip a bit i think.

maybe gonna tape both hands today :getin:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Glue your hands to the bar

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dum Cumpster posted:

My back is peeling from squatting :barf:

Just never look at your back. Problem solved. My girlfriend tells me there's a smooth line on across my shoulders where all the hair is worn off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

the secret is to make your back so hairy you won't know if the skin is peeling. then your wife shaves it off because she hates it, and you get sad at the skin.

lifehack