Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS3 version stuttered while being 720p and having 'widescreen' black bars too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't need a fifth copy of DD, I don't need a fifth copy of DD, I don't need a fifth copy of DD.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

I still have my original copy of Dragon's Dogma.

Freeeeee

Yup. Not giving it up for the remaster
Its worth giving it up just for Dark Arisen IMO, its like a good romhack + Bitterblack Island is amazing

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Dragons Dogma sounds looks cool but the pawn system sounds like it'd put me off

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Macarius Wrench posted:

Dragons Dogma sounds looks cool but the pawn system sounds like it'd put me off

There's a really easy way to abuse it.

Make friends with goons.

Buy some sperg-goons best/high leveled pawn for a discounted friend rate.

Proceed to not ever have to worry about pawns again. It seriously can be pretty ignored after that.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

I just noticed that Wolfenstein: The New Order is less than 4€ currently on PS Store, I assume it's totally worth that?

edit: well I bought it, downloading now

Neron fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 24, 2017

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

quote is still not edit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It is extremely worth that

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Ineffiable posted:

Make friends with goons.

Proceed to not ever have to worry about pawns again. It seriously can be pretty ignored after that.

poo poo, that reminds me, I played through the original DA release with my buddy's lvl 99 super healer. Not gonna have Olleta here...

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the discounted rate is free so you can cheese things easily with high level friends if you please.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's amazing how history repeated itself with the amazing Wolfenstein + Doom combo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's amazing how history repeated itself with the amazing Wolfenstein + Doom combo.

Yeah they're my favourite FPS games since probably Half Life 2. Unbelievably good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don't forget Not-System-Shock-3! (Prey)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't need a fifth copy of DD, I don't need a fifth copy of DD, I don't need a fifth copy of DD.

You know you want too.

I'm most likely gonna do it again. Also the twitter had people going why not DD Online and I"m like uh dont' we have a goon here who said it was terrible? I think it was Samurai Sanders?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

Make friends with goons.

Except you will get much less experience by hiring higher level pawns.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neron posted:

I just noticed that Wolfenstein: The New Order is less than 4€ currently on PS Store, I assume it's totally worth that?

edit: well I bought it, downloading now

It's good

revolther
May 27, 2008
I enjoyed Bloodborne for a while then I kinda started asking when the pay off was gonna be and what it could be that would make me continue to care. As far as I can follow, I'm just murdering guys in murderville because of some completely unexplained phenomenon called "the hunt". I beat the cleric beast, gascoigne, the machine gun guy on the roof, another "hunter", made it into this bigger city with giants in it, and that was cool for a second but then it just all sort of got too boring to care about.
I was like, oh I guess I could upgrade something besides the cane maybe kill guys with an axe, but seems like focusing on more than one weapon would hinder me in the long run and require even more grinding. I dunno, loved demon's souls, dark souls 1 I was just okay with, after that I just got burnt out on the formula I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Knack is also £6.50 at the moment!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

Knack is also £6.50 at the moment!

I really do need to get back to that before the sequel drops...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

revolther posted:

I enjoyed Bloodborne for a while then I kinda started asking when the pay off was gonna be and what it could be that would make me continue to care. As far as I can follow, I'm just murdering guys in murderville because of some completely unexplained phenomenon called "the hunt". I beat the cleric beast, gascoigne, the machine gun guy on the roof, another "hunter", made it into this bigger city with giants in it, and that was cool for a second but then it just all sort of got too boring to care about.

lol there is indeed a big thematic twist/payoff and you were getting pretty close to it. hope you enjoy it if you ever decide to pick the game back up because you definitely don't spend the entire game hunting werewolves

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I watched the Giantbomb video for Destiny 2...

My hot take probably isn't original, but it just looks like an expansion. I loved Destiny and while I appreciate the game improvements they put in each expansion... the expansions themselves didn't feel like they added a ton of content. I don't know what exactly I was expecting, but it currently looks like they played it really safe. Might wait on reviews this time around... or buy it a year later when most of everything is in the game.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

I watched the Giantbomb video for Destiny 2...

My hot take probably isn't original, but it just looks like an expansion. I loved Destiny and while I appreciate the game improvements they put in each expansion... the expansions themselves didn't feel like they added a ton of content. I don't know what exactly I was expecting, but it currently looks like they played it really safe. Might wait on reviews this time around... or buy it a year later when most of everything is in the game.

I don't remember who I heard it from first but the best opinion I read on Destiny 2 is "wait two years until the game is actually complete to get it discounted, just like the first one did".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crusty Juggler posted:

I don't remember who I heard it from first but the best opinion I read on Destiny 2 is "wait two years until the game is actually complete to get it discounted, just like the first one did".

Destiny 1 players that started at launch and played the whole life of the game spent like 150 to keep up to date while players that started this year paid 30 or less for the whole thing so yep

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You could say that about most big games these days. Which is why I don't bother with games that are going to have $100 in dlc at launch anymore.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Destiny 1 players that started at launch and played the whole life of the game spent like 150 to keep up to date while players that started this year paid 30 or less for the whole thing so yep

I partially know this pain myself - I ended buying into the hype and shelled out for the $90 version at launch that came with the "Expansion Pass" (note that this was for the two DLC packs made of remixed preexisting content and not the two actual expansion packs that they sold at full price each) and stopped playing two months in.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When you buy a game at launch, you're also kind of paying for the privilege of playing it at the same time that most people are talking about it and most excited, which can make the experience more enjoyable overall than waiting until it's 20bux and the servers are ghost towns. Not to say that $120 super deluxe editions are a positive thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

When you buy a game at launch, you're also kind of paying for the privilege of playing it at the same time that most people are talking about it and most excited, which can make the experience more enjoyable overall than waiting until it's 20bux and the servers are ghost towns. Not to say that $120 super deluxe editions are a positive thing.

Not an issue with destiny's model of big yearly expansions that draw people back in for a few months.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Real hurthling! posted:

Not an issue with destiny's model of big yearly expansions that draw people back in for a few months.

Except the expansions don't draw that much people towards the older content as much as draw them in for the newer. It's like looking at how many people played the crota raid versus dark below launch and king's fall launch.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I played destiny at launch, got a character to max regular level + a few "light levels", started over with a new character, got bored and traded it while it still had some value. Didnt regret it, but didnt see myself playing it in the long term. At launch the content was fun... but there just wasnt enough of it, or quite enough variety. I teamed with randos and didnt do any of the raid stuff that expected me to plug a mic in and party up with people. If destiny 2 reviews as "similar to the first but with more content" I'll probably do pretty much the exact same thing again.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what happened to kaz hirai's face
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/867374424126660609

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's hard work, being the man responsible for directing the perpetually burning dumpster fire that is Everything Sony That Isn't PlayStation.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Hideo spent Sony's entire photo session makeup budget on modelling the polygons in Mads Mikkelsen's buttcheeks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kojima is such a loving legend

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just started playing Nier and was wondering, they've been giving me items that say they're good for selling but should I keep them? Like are any used for upgrades or anything like that?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

muscles like this! posted:

I just started playing Nier and was wondering, they've been giving me items that say they're good for selling but should I keep them? Like are any used for upgrades or anything like that?

Pretty sure if it says it can be sold you don't need it for anything else

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

muscles like this! posted:

You can sell anything marked that way, with the exception of one boar meat and one moose meat for a quest later, but for obvious reasons those are easy to get ahold of.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

things sell for more later so you might wanna hold on to some machine cores until the third playthrough

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't sell a drat thing until the 3rd playthrough and lets just say the game wasn't too hard once I noticed I had 70 machine cores.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Ineffiable posted:

Except the expansions don't draw that much people towards the older content as much as draw them in for the newer. It's like looking at how many people played the crota raid versus dark below launch and king's fall launch.

A lack of matchmaking for the endgame raids also made it pretty difficult for newer players to get into the endgame content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Conversely, fishing is absurly lucrative for the level of effort involved and will go a long way to easing some early-game money woes.