Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

the median not the average :eng101:

Average can mean mode, median, or mean. If there are 1000 people in a town and 999 have a total net worth of 1000 dollars each and one has a total net worth of 50 billion, you would not say that the average person in that town has a net worth of over 50 million dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

A GOP politician who physically assaulted a reporter on the eve of the election while simultaneously working to take healthcare away from his voters is going to win an election tomorrow. It absolutely isn't.

It doesn't matter one way or the other because a Republican in a heavily conservative district is actually having to fight, and if he wins it's going to be relatively narrow

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How much of a shithead can I be to ICE agents if I see them? Asking for a friend.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

It doesn't matter one way or the other because a Republican in a heavily conservative district is actually having to fight, and if he wins it's going to be relatively narrow

Thus why it's half and not the entire country.

It doesn't change the fact that he is going to win and "close" doesn't matter in the slightest when a candidate who physically assaulted someone on the eve of the election can't lose an election.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

BUT NOTHING MATTERS

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Phyein posted:

Nothing pisses me off more than the whole "work is your only reason to live" mentality

It's fun to hear old people that have pensions talk about young people and their bleak outlook on retirement. I saw some articles a few months back saying that, averaging market growth today vs inflation, the newest folks to the workforce need to start saving at 22% of their income to even hope to retire.

Find me a 22-29 year old that can somehow save 22% of their income for retirement whilst saving up for a house and live comfortably in an apartment without having to sell organs. :nallears:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/blakersdozen/status/867561325504978945

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Eltoasto posted:

How much of a shithead can I be to ICE agents if I see them? Asking for a friend.

Depends. What color is your skin?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fart Amplifier posted:

Average can mean mode, median, or mean. If there are 1000 people in a town and 999 have a total net worth of 1000 dollars each and one has a total net worth of 50 billion, you would not say that the average person in that town has a net worth of over 50 million dollars.

You would if you were a Republican

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Next president needs to fire every ICE employee.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
http://missoulian.com/opinion/editorial/missoulian-editorial-gianforte-we-re-not-the-enemy/article_33b47f7c-112d-50eb-8cf0-ea27972cce0d.html

Bozeman Missoulian 4/27/2017 editorial posted:

And Backus wrote that toward the end of the candidate’s talk, a man in the audience said to Gianforte, “Our biggest enemy is the news media” and asked, “How can we rein in the news media?” The man followed up his question by turning to Backus, who was sitting next to him, and “raised his hands as if he would like to wring his neck.”

Gianforte smiled, pointed at the reporter and said this: “We have someone right here. It seems like there is more of us than there is of him. I don’t have a simple solution for you. I will say that doing town hall meetings and getting out and visiting with people is very important.”

He's already been called out for veiled threats against reporters.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
A state-officiated wrestling match would do a better job at deciding the President than the electoral college

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

the median not the average :eng101:

correct, it's an average.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Radish posted:

Next president needs to fire every ICE employee.

Or ten times as many. Gotta create jobs somehow

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

:perfect:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

unintentional, but :laugh: at "Grand Slam titles"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zil posted:

2080: Trump the 7th selects his recently revived great-great-great-grandfathers corpse as his running mate. Undead pussy grabbing sweeps the nation.

Pretty sure 7 generations of incest isn't going to have a functional human.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Do you live within 100 miles of the border, the ocean, or the Gulf of Mexico? They have more powers than you think, and they're not afraid to abuse them.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

skylined! posted:

can we start a gofundme for ben jacobs' glasses?

Done. Feel free to tweet/repost.

https://www.gofundme.com/new-glasses-for-ben-jacobs

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Press conference here:

https://twitter.com/blakersdozen/status/867561325504978945

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

There are thousands of people watching this stream already.

"does his leaving constitute leaving the scene of the crime?"

"that will be part of the investigation"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sounds like the sheriff is just saying "we are going to do a normal routine investigation, starting with interviewing people"

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/867387218868002818

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Zil posted:

Depends. What color is your skin?

Hearty midwestern white stock, but very tall so probably an increased risk to violence if any of the ICE agents are short.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Rigel posted:

This really is an amazing graph. The only reason why the black and blue line didn't hit near-zero is because of lovely red states who didn't want to accept the black president's health care. They'd rather die early with their southern pride.

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/867488736602411008

The AHCA is poo poo, but this is the same Y-axis fuckery that gets lambasted all the time in D&D.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/867562612505985026

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Papercut posted:

The AHCA is poo poo, but this is the same Y-axis fuckery that gets lambasted all the time in D&D.

There's nothing wrong with that Y axis.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

empty whippet box posted:

There are thousands of people watching this stream already.

"does his leaving constitute leaving the scene of the crime?"

"that will be part of the investigation"

13K and rising rapidly

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Papercut posted:

How's that, an extra ~10% of Americans being uninsured is a pretty big deal

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Abridged sheriff's press conference: "I don't know poo poo, I ain't seen poo poo"

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

How soon until the Trumpite response to literally everything is "HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH"

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

How soon until the Trumpite response to literally everything is "HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH"

yesterday

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Lightning Lord posted:

Uh, they are already are. Look in the responses to any tweet by a liberal commentator

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Elotana posted:

Abridged sheriff's press conference: "I don't know poo poo, I ain't seen poo poo"

I watched the whole thing, and this is basically correct. He also seemed pretty pissed by the political implications of it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

There's nothing wrong with that Y axis.

It starts at 5, not 0.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

and its over

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

A week ago?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ben is at station according to press conference, seems like he is going to press charges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

evilweasel posted:

It starts at 5, not 0.

...So? 5 seems like close enough to total failure for the purposes of evaluating our ability to guaruntee health coverage. It's not like the scale's hosed.

• Locked thread