Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like the concept of the armors but I think Batman's gear looks the best and makes the most sense
GL's is also pretty cool shame he sucks poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i'm real sad you guys

this is a straight up tragedy

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kelp Plankton posted:

i'm real sad you guys

Ugh this is fuckin horse poo poo :mad:

Also I joined one of the PS4 goon guilds and my PSN is the same as my username so approve me or I swear to god :argh:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is that guy an official concept artist, what's the story with this? That design is loving incredible, I'd have been thrilled if he was a DLC character with that design.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

DLC Inc posted:

is that guy an official concept artist, what's the story with this? That design is loving incredible, I'd have been thrilled if he was a DLC character with that design.

Yeah that's one of the game's artists, that was going to be his base default-gear look in the game from what I understand

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah that's one of the game's artists, that was going to be his base default-gear look in the game from what I understand

this is the biggest fuckup in NRS history, getting that geek Red Hood and loving Raiden over this

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Any cool Xbone Guilds I can join?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Calaveron posted:

I like the concept of the armors but I think Batman's gear looks the best and makes the most sense
GL's is also pretty cool shame he sucks poo poo

I don't think Green Lantern is bad at all.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kelp Plankton posted:

i'm real sad you guys

Yes but hey we got Cyborg! A Cybrog who isn't funny or cool!

For gently caress's sake you already had Phil Lamarr around, it could've been great.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Isn't Static Shock co-owned by some other company? Maybe they think he's not worth the effort.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Injustice 2 tourney is live at Next Level

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also comic Static isn't at all the cartoon you remember.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does anyone actually enjoy fighting Boss Brainiac? I'm feeling good about doing some counters, putting in some good combos, and then I lose a whole life bar in three hits I can't do anything about

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does anyone actually enjoy fighting Boss Brainiac? I'm feeling good about doing some counters, putting in some good combos, and then I lose a whole life bar in three hits I can't do anything about

He's more bullshit than Shao Khan in MK9. That is saying a lot

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Story mode brainiac is that what you guys are talking about

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The AI sure loves it!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Aphrodite posted:

Also comic Static isn't at all the cartoon you remember.

All I remember is the name "Static Shock" and I think Will Smith's kid is going to play him in a movie? What's he got that Black Adam/Raiden don't have?

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

All I remember is the name "Static Shock" and I think Will Smith's kid is going to play him in a movie? What's he got that Black Adam/Raiden don't have?

A manhole cover and street smarts.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I've seen footage of Supergirl throwing some kind of rapid-fire, Flash-esque blur punch, usually to close out a combo. As far as I can tell it isn't in her base move set, and I haven't been able to find anything about it being an unlockable ability. Anybody know what's up with that?

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

Fart City posted:

I've seen footage of Supergirl throwing some kind of rapid-fire, Flash-esque blur punch, usually to close out a combo. As far as I can tell it isn't in her base move set, and I haven't been able to find anything about it being an unlockable ability. Anybody know what's up with that?

Just shoot lasers and space teleport until they get mad and quit

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Well, yeah.

Edit:

Saint Freak posted:

It's one of her normal combos. It's like 212121 or something

:doh: Thanks much.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Fart City posted:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saint Freak posted:

It's absurdly hard to input D:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Turns out that putting a handful of points into Zoning for Black Adam makes him do Lightning Strike constantly.

It works far greater than it should.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Jimmy Hats posted:

You hit 2 1 normally then mash 2121.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Ivy has an input like that as well, and some MKX characters did. I can't describe it very well, but basically your press 21 then swish your thumb back and forth between 2 and 1 a couple times.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Picked this up after reading through most of the thread.

I am godawful at this game. Like, embarrassingly bad. In my defense, I haven't played a fighting game since MK on the Genesis, but still... It's sad, and I am ashamed.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a mysterious cloak posted:

Picked this up after reading through most of the thread.

I am godawful at this game. Like, embarrassingly bad. In my defense, I haven't played a fighting game since MK on the Genesis, but still... It's sad, and I am ashamed.

The good news is that real people online aren't as difficult as some of the AI fights.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The other good news is you can just let your AI children fight for your entertainment, and not have to learn a fighting game to enjoy it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Games > Injustice 2: Captain Cold, I choose you!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I spent my whatever-the-currency-is-called on unlocking Mr. Freeze and he's such a letdown. Scrawny, and no ability to customize his look. :smith:

Almost feel like I'd be better off using all this currency on instant level ups than the premier skins. If I can't play dress-up whats the point?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is that the only way to get the premier skins? You have to buy them with the real currency?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fix posted:

Is that the only way to get the premier skins? You have to buy them with the real currency?

You get that currency from Story mode, and from each time your profile levels up. I think there are other ways too. You get more or less enough currency to unlock a premier skin just from finishing the Story I think. Real currency speeds it up, but so far there haven't been any I thought were that great. I'm also an idiot who bought the stupid expensive version that came with a few premier skins and I'm not sure why I bothered*.

*Okay Demon Scarecrow looks rad but thats not worth the cost

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jimmy Hats posted:

If you are using pad, what I do is 212, then roll your thumb quickly 121, like just kinda quickly rocking it. I did similar stuff for erron black/kung lao in mkx its actually quite easy once you understand it.

Also it doesn't come out on block and strings totally safe on block with a bunch of pushback, so no reason never to not input the full thing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh poo poo, I forgot that I already got some premier skins from buying the stupid expensive edition.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Isn't Static Shock co-owned by some other company? Maybe they think he's not worth the effort.

Yeah, Static is owned by Milestone and they recently got in a small drama so probably DC has decided to not use those characters for the time being.

Anyway, Movie WW Gear will be added next week

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

pubic works project posted:

Any cool Xbone Guilds I can join?

Check the op friend! Goonrilla Grodd is always open.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just started watching Legends of Tomorrow on Netflix and it has only further convinced me that Firestorm is loving stupid from the ground up.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jmcrofts posted:

She's good. She has amazing whiff punishing with her f+2, great zoning with her trait and the spikes, and probably the best f+3 in the game. Her only real problem is she has a hard time against other zoners.

Close, but cheetahs f3 is the best in the game. Plus TEN on block, blows up low attacks, beats armour and has crazy range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Spuckuk posted:

Close, but cheetahs f3 is the best in the game. Plus TEN on block, blows up low attacks, beats armour and has crazy range

Its nice but still nothing compared to batmans. Batman should still have the fastest f3 in the game at <30frames, double hits, +7, a billion setups leading into it, and bunch of greasy, greay, side switching crossup setups with it.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread