Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

SLOSifl posted:

Holy poo poo, there is some good stuff in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wJOQ3AWutM

Seriously, try not to laugh at the lapdance.

That girl falling backwards off the railing is probably dead, but I still hope the person filming seized the chance to yell, "Annie, are you okay?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SLOSifl posted:

I really like that the guy who burns himself on hot oven ham has a shirt that states how smart he is.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Seldom Posts posted:

I really like that the guy who burns himself on hot oven ham has a shirt that states how smart he is.

I'm petty sure that one was fake. It was too Mr. Bean.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah the oven was fake as hell. That public proposal was the most cringeworthy thing ever, though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SLOSifl posted:

can someone translate what the blubbering girl at 0:35 is saying?

All I can get out of it is that she's SO SORRY YOU HAVE NO IDEA and something about a bacon blew his butt and her dad did it too.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THIS IS SPARTA

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

can someone translate what the blubbering girl at 0:35 is saying?

All I can get out of it is that she's SO SORRY YOU HAVE NO IDEA and something about a bacon blew his butt and her dad did it too.

That's a shorter bit from a video years ago, where she explained that she set off a fire extinguisher because she wanted to make it snow.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm petty sure that one was fake. It was too Mr. Bean.

Well then I appreciate the man's craft.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
In local news (for me) today, there's a guy in an armed standoff with the police. Luckily he's live tweeting the entire thing!

https://twitter.com/danielcrowder01

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
yeah that's quite plainly mental illness flaring up

mental disorders are scary yo

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Mezzanon posted:

In local news (for me) today, there's a guy in an armed standoff with the police. Luckily he's live tweeting the entire thing!

Pretty sure the guy has a psychological disorder... it's hard finding the schadenfreude in that. :smith:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
His daughters are in there too maybe?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That guy is all kinds of crazy. Hope he finds help and doesn't get himself killed.

I don't feel any Schadenfreude for this. Perhaps try Idiots on Social Media.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So uh, Ubisoft just unveiled Far Cry 5, with a setting that's bound to bring in a lot of 'freude once the right-wing nutjobs get whiff of it.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Mezzanon posted:

Yikes. 2h ago....is there any news on this? I hope no one was hurt. :smith:

e: oh man, his facebook. I feel awful. This guy isn't right in the head at ALL.

Professor of Cats has a new favorite as of 23:30 on May 24, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Given how gamers can't handle *females* in their shooty games, I'm sure the scope of the outrage is going to go past the boundaries of right wing nut job right into "average internet poster" territory

That said I am curious to see how Ubi is going to toe this line. I think it has potential for a really fantastic setting but as a non-white person I have been told by uneducated males that thats due to my hatred of the white man or something like that

E: I'd play a Far Cry in Mexico where you shoot Cartel members or Catholics or whatever too, all of society is ripe for satire and criticism really

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 23:28 on May 24, 2017

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SpacePig posted:

I just assume that all successful public proposals are things hashed out beforehand. Like, they agreed before that they'll get married, but the proposal was going to be a surprise or something.

It doesn't help that a lot of public proposals are somebody making a huge production out of it as a way to save a failing relationship. Entirely too many proposals, engagements, or marriages are trying to tack an extra level of "official" to a relationship that's already ending and can't be salvaged.

"Hey maybe if I buy a really nice ring and make the right speech in front of like 15 people we both know they'll all see how much she means to me and help me keep her!" Sorry dude, some relationships just can't be saved.

I think a lot of it comes from American culture having this weird belief that life works like the movies where you have relationship that's rocky, you break up/are careening toward a breakup, but then he proposes publicly in just the right way, wacky hijinks ensue at the wedding which almost fails, and then they live happily ever after.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Professor of Cats posted:

Yikes. 2h ago....is there any news on this? I hope no one was hurt. :smith:

e: oh man, his facebook. I feel awful. This guy isn't right in the head at ALL.

Update: he is in custody.

Telsa Cola posted:

His daughters are in there too maybe?

That's just what he calls his two cats. One of the cats is super fat :3

KingSlime posted:

yeah that's quite plainly mental illness flaring up

mental disorders are scary yo

he specifically tweeted about stopping his meds.

Mezzanon has a new favorite as of 23:40 on May 24, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It doesn't help that a lot of public proposals are somebody making a huge production out of it as a way to save a failing relationship. Entirely too many proposals, engagements, or marriages are trying to tack an extra level of "official" to a relationship that's already ending and can't be salvaged.

Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it

how are you not familiar with this sage and timeless piece of advice?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mezzanon posted:

Update: he is in custody.

That's just what he calls his two cats. One of the cats is super fat :3

That's a relief. Both statements.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LawfulWaffle posted:

If you are dating someone but haven't talked about a mutual future and where to live and maybe having kids, you're definitely not ready to propose. The idea of dating someone but not instinctual knowing whether or not they are ready or interested in being married to you seems crazy to me, but it's clearly rampant enough to fill a few videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql0y-pHZUyk

e: I proposed in our kitchen with an audience of disinterested felines.

These are so brutal :unsmigghh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SLOSifl posted:

What's the story on the crying girl "my dad did it so I just wanted to do it I'm really sorry you have no idea so many people do bad things"

Did she say the N word or something?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I think even if you would say yes to a private proposal, you say no to a public one on principal.

Similarly, if the proposal happens at someone else's wedding.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

KingSlime posted:

Given how gamers can't handle *females* in their shooty games, I'm sure the scope of the outrage is going to go past the boundaries of right wing nut job right into "average internet poster" territory

That said I am curious to see how Ubi is going to toe this line. I think it has potential for a really fantastic setting but as a non-white person I have been told by uneducated males that thats due to my hatred of the white man or something like that

E: I'd play a Far Cry in Mexico where you shoot Cartel members or Catholics or whatever too, all of society is ripe for satire and criticism really

It's gonna end with a "both sides are bad" message

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Public proposals are so loving painful to watch. The schadenfreude is overshadowed by some misguided empathy I feel for the idiots who decide to pop the question in front of other people (and while it's being videos no less.) I feel proper empathy for the person being asked, though. Can't feel great to knock them down in that kind of a situation.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
It's funny how many of those public proposal fails end with the girl slapping the guy in the face. I'd be more interested in getting away asap but I like how often the girl's reaction is physical first.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Scyantific posted:

So uh, Ubisoft just unveiled Far Cry 5, with a setting that's bound to bring in a lot of 'freude once the right-wing nutjobs get whiff of it.

The catholic church being full of illuminati assholes was a pretty big thing in some of the Assassin's Creed games as well IIRC, don't remember much outrage about it. It was set like 500 years ago though.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

What's the story on the crying girl "my dad did it so I just wanted to do it I'm really sorry you have no idea so many people do bad things"

Did she say the N word or something?
My guess is "dental surgery aftermath".

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Foxhound posted:

The catholic church being full of illuminati assholes was a pretty big thing in some of the Assassin's Creed games as well IIRC, don't remember much outrage about it. It was set like 500 years ago though.

Pretty much countered your own argument here. FC 5 being set in what is basically the heart of the modern USA, and is basically going to revolve around killing crazed religious nutjobs who may or may not be an representation of far-right supporters. Ain't gonna be hard for FOX News to spin the poo poo out of it once they get wind of it.

Either way it's going to be a clown fiesta and I'm all in for seeing what sort of poo poo we're gonna see come out of it. I guess you can kinda look at Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for a better comparison of the kinds of reactions stuff like this is going to get. But for the most part, it probably won't generate much "controversy" since it's a cut-and-paste shooter.

Also, the internet has already jumped all over this:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sometimes the future is awesome.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sounds like a rejected my little pony character.

Anyway, content.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
http://i.imgur.com/o4D1jIk.gifv

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Scyantific posted:

Pretty much countered your own argument here. FC 5 being set in what is basically the heart of the modern USA, and is basically going to revolve around killing crazed religious nutjobs who may or may not be an representation of far-right supporters. Ain't gonna be hard for FOX News to spin the poo poo out of it once they get wind of it.

Either way it's going to be a clown fiesta and I'm all in for seeing what sort of poo poo we're gonna see come out of it. I guess you can kinda look at Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for a better comparison of the kinds of reactions stuff like this is going to get. But for the most part, it probably won't generate much "controversy" since it's a cut-and-paste shooter.

Or, as Ubisoft probably sees it, free marketing!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Zaphod42 posted:

Public proposals are loving devastating for a woman, especially when you have a bunch of idiots yelling "JUST SAY YES!" at you while you're trying to find the most polite way out of a horrifying situation.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Double post time warp shenanigans.

e: OH GOD I just got to the one where someone wheels an elderly relative in a wheelchair around to watch the proposal, then slooooooowwwwly turns them back when she runs away :lol:

e2: OK the last clip was pretty great, and that's the only one we don't hear her answer :(

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 03:31 on May 25, 2017

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
"You are my sweetie pie..."

NOT

SO

SWEET

What is it with these goobers and proposing in a mall? Times Square or a baseball stadium I at least kind of get, it will be memorable either way. But do you really want what should be one of the most important memories of both your lives to be in front of a Cinnabon?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Takes No Damage posted:

What is it with these goobers and proposing in a mall? Times Square or a baseball stadium I at least kind of get, it will be memorable either way. But do you really want what should be one of the most important memories of both your lives to be in front of a Cinnabon?

Makes for a cheap anniversary date :colbert:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That proposal was even more fake than the ham dude. That was some sub-high-school-drama-class acting.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
http://i.imgur.com/X8pwPp1.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!

:perfect: