Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

Jameis is a rapist and Jimbo owns a McMansion and probably has camo bedsheets with Taylor Jacobs' cumstains on them.

Alleged rapist. :colbert:

The Gators are reaching Miami levels of mediocrity.

Off topic, kind of, but Jimbo is one of the most southern college football coach names ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

whiteyfats posted:

Alleged rapist. :colbert:

Lol drat dude maybe don't open that can of worms

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

whiteyfats posted:

Off topic, kind of, but Jimbo is one of the most southern college football coach names ever.

Jimbo Fisher is the most redneck name I've ever heard besides Jim Bob Cooter.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Jake Bentley has a big head

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronChe...507075219410944

And apperently got knocked silly during the Clemson game and still feeling the effects

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an adult beverage posted:

Jimbo Fisher is the most redneck name I've ever heard besides Jim Bob Cooter.

Billy Bob Thornton

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

whiteyfats posted:

The Gators are reaching Miami levels of mediocrity.

Children born when Miami won their last national title are in high school, so lets not go crazy here.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

We might have been lovely for a long time but the only way for you to have more rings is to add both of you together. Should have passed us by now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gators and Miami should play every year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dilber posted:

We might have been lovely for a long time but the only way for you to have more rings is to add both of you together. Should have passed us by now.

:shrug:

Ultimately we are all playing for third place anyways m'man

whiteyfats posted:

Gators and Miami should play every year.

Agreed.

:sigh:

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 25, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I had absolutely no idea Pittsburgh was a pre-WW2 college football powerhouse.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Yeah stop ducking us.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

Yeah stop ducking us.

Isn't Foley gone? I think he was the main person against scheduling Miami every year.

It wasn't any fun* playing both of y'all in the 90s when we were all awesome every loving year. :smithcloud:

*was actually cool and good

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

whiteyfats posted:

Isn't Foley gone? I think he was the main person against scheduling Miami every year.

It wasn't any fun* playing both of y'all in the 90s when we were all awesome every loving year. :smithcloud:

*was actually cool and good

Yeah we got Stricklin from Miss St.

As with all things, the motivation for ending those Miami games involved money. With a neutral site UGA game, UAA didn't want to give up more revenue on the non-FSU OOC games--so they tend to gravitate exclusively to cupcake home games. There have been exceptions, but the argument has alway been that splitting revenue yearly with UGA made it undesirable.

I'm glad we picked up Michigan but I'm sure I'll be disappointed when we get dismantled by an milk-chugging idiot savant again.

I'd like us to reup with Miami for a yearly series. It's too perfect with two historically good instate rivals.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

As with all things, the motivation for ending those Miami games involved money. With a neutral site UGA game, UAA didn't want to give up more revenue on the non-FSU OOC games--so they tend to gravitate exclusively to cupcake home games. There have been exceptions, but the argument has alway been that splitting revenue yearly with UGA made it undesirable.

I'm glad we picked up Michigan but I'm sure I'll be disappointed when we get dismantled by an milk-chugging idiot savant again.

I'd like us to reup with Miami for a yearly series. It's too perfect with two historically good instate rivals.

If the triangle of hate was played every year, the Florida Cup should be an actual trophy.

Michigan is beatable. :colbert:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

whiteyfats posted:

If the triangle of hate was played every year, the Florida Cup should be an actual trophy.

Michigan is beatable. :colbert:

:smith: :hf: :smith:

And we shall see. They dismantled the gently caress out of us in 2015. I'm still gunshy about predicting good things for UF :ohdear:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Florida will be as good as Felipe Franks is good.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'd love to play a Florida Four series every year with FSU/UF/USF/UM

I was raised in Tampa so I threw USF in there :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

I had absolutely no idea Pittsburgh was a pre-WW2 college football powerhouse.

Pitt was able to leverage all those kids desperate to get out of the mill towns they grew up in.

Then steel collapsed and Penn State took over with mine town kids. Then coal collapsed.

Marcellus shale doesn't seem to have impacted football.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LeeMajors posted:

Your coach should gently caress a shark for each win he wants this year.

E: Florida should be favored in the game, I believe. Starting 10 new defenders, 3 new O-Linemen, 2 new WRs, new TE, new RB... That's pretty rough.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

In 2017's upset of the year already, UGA's loss to game against Appy State has been scheduled for a 6:15 start instead of the Greg McGarity Memorial Sanford Stadium SECN Noon Every Goddamn Week slot.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

D.N. Nation posted:

In 2017's upset of the year already, UGA's loss to game against Appy State has been scheduled for a 6:15 start instead of the Greg McGarity Memorial Sanford Stadium SECN Noon Every Goddamn Week slot.

I'm still slightly pissed about 2014 COFH getting a noon game on the SEC Network. It was a loving rivalry game between the #9 and #16 ranked teams, that should have been a big deal, dammit.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sash! posted:

Marcellus shale doesn't seem to have impacted football.

It forced me to abandon my fixer/bag man responsibilities in South Texas

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pakled posted:

I'm still slightly pissed about 2014 COFH getting a noon game on the SEC Network. It was a loving rivalry game between the #9 and #16 ranked teams, that should have been a big deal, dammit.

Yeah, and the winner was likely going to a NY6 bowl. I enjoyed UGA beating Tech and going to the Peach Bowl in the universe where Mark Richt doesn't call for a squib kick

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just want Texas to play A&M again. :(

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Same here. Even when the Aggies lost it was still always a fun game.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FSU/UF game is always a fun time.

Even though it's divided my family bitterly. :ohdear:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

While I agree with this, I do so love how the series ended.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neil Armbong posted:

While I agree with this, I do so love how the series ended.

They're like a divorced couple who hate each other but still want to gently caress so bad that sexual tension taints every interaction.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

whiteyfats posted:

FSU/UF game is always a fun time.

Even though it's divided my family bitterly. :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acAtugxuEtY

I am still surprised that Nick Moody's been in the NFL so long

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, he had a pretty long career for a sixth rounder.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Documents: Baylor, Pepper Hamilton shifted relationship to establish attorney-client privilege

If I'm reading this correctly, Baylor hired this law firm to investigate, and then when it started looking like they were uncovering just a ton of horrible horrible poo poo, Baylor was like, "How about you guys are our attorneys now so that all these findings are protected?"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
That is smart but also gross at the same time, gently caress Baylor

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

fast cars loose anus posted:

gently caress Baylor

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

fast cars loose anus posted:

That is smart but also gross at the same time, gently caress Baylor

That Ken Starr is a real smart piece of poo poo. I fear in the Trump timeline, all of this is going to go unpunished.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 26, 2017

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

lamentable dustman posted:

Jake Bentley has a big head

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronChe...507075219410944

And apperently got knocked silly during the Clemson game and still feeling the effects

Somehow I completely missed when this happened, and just saw it recently:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just realized that if something happens to the ACC, FSU doesn't really have a good landing spot. :smith:

SEC already has Florida.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whiteyfats posted:

I just realized that if something happens to the ACC, FSU doesn't really have a good landing spot. :smith:

SEC already has Florida.

The ACC has gone from being shaky as hell a few years ago to kinda solid though? Seems like we're back to the Big 12 as the most likely conference to die when Texas feels like they're not making enough money.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah the ACC is doing really well lately.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

The ACC has gone from being shaky as hell a few years ago to kinda solid though? Seems like we're back to the Big 12 as the most likely conference to die when Texas feels like they're not making enough money.

Yeah, I know, it was just a random thought. Honestly, one day I hope my dream of the dirty south conference comes true.

FSU
UF
Miami
UGA
GT
Clemson
Auburn
Alabama
SCar
UCF/USF

Round robin, if possible. If not, add LSU and somebody else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That conference would own and nobody could tell me otherwise :colbert:

• Locked thread