Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Can't imagine why. There's never been a more exciting time to be an australian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Why attack Nick when it's LABAH'S FAILED NBN PLAN KILLING ARE WORKERS

quote:

Malcolm Turnbull was reached for comment but could only blurt out "I'm sorry Australia, Bill Shorten held me down and forced me to kill contractors, it was in the original legislation."

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Why attack Nick when it's LABAH'S FAILED NBN PLAN KILLING ARE WORKERS

Nick is actually a union thug.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Ugh do we really have to ride out 2 more years of bumbling rear end in a top hat government? Can't some marginal seatwarmer just retire/kick it already and trigger the next DD, solving several problems at once.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Don Dongington posted:

Ugh do we really have to ride out 2 more years of bumbling rear end in a top hat government? Can't some marginal seatwarmer just retire/kick it already and trigger the next DD, solving several problems at once.

Be the change you want to see in the world

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world

Please don't take this advice. Killing politicians is likely to give them a martyr bump and removing an individual problem may lead to the opposite of the desired outcome.

Kill them after the electionj :unsmigghh:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Hit them with a cream pie.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hooman posted:

Hit them with a cream pie.

Warning: may result in future politicians

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Don Dongington posted:

Well there was that one Lib mp doing dodgy stuff with some council thats in court in Queensland.
I guess Labor could put a lotta pressure on if a by-election ensues.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Paging Les Affaires

https://twitter.com/SquigglyRick/status/867628082558935040

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

One Nation senator thinks Muslim migration is fine and that the party policy is wrong [ABC].

Looks like no one warned Culleton 2.0 about splits.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Brandis said he has full confidence sharing intelligence with Trump. Just in case you want context for where that puts him.

https://twitter.com/BBCDomC/status/867637121938583553

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Change from within at last!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

It looks like all you have to do is ask nicely and you can have your HECS waived.*
https://twitter.com/SenatorRyan/status/867638048632090624

* may need to also vote for the government while illegally elected to get debt waiver.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

gently caress This Gay Earth™

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

Brandis said he has full confidence sharing intelligence with Trump. Just in case you want context for where that puts him.

https://twitter.com/BBCDomC/status/867637121938583553

National security caveats are definitely going to get dusted off by a few people I think.

Whoever leaked that poo poo needs to oh who am I kidding it's the US and they leak worse than cold war Britain.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/may/16/rod-culleton-told-to-repay-senate-salary-and-entitlements

Compare and contrast.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I could never defend that nutter but at the same time you can't have inconsistent application of the same rules on different people.

Well I mean you CAN but I never want anyone involved to say "a fair go" ever again.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Apparently Culleton is entitled to apply to have his debt forgiven if he writes a letter to the Finance department but knowing him he will probably do something crazy like try to appeal to the privy council.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Isn't he bankrupt anyway?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Apparently Culleton is entitled to apply to have his debt forgiven if he writes a letter to the Finance department but knowing him he will probably do something crazy like try to appeal to the privy council.
"I don't have to pay back anything, I'm still a Senator! They don't get rid of me!"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Bogan King posted:

In his mind, no, because it was not a maritime court that found him bankrupt and the laws they used do not apply to him, clearly/

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Bogan King posted:

Pretty sure bankruptcy doesn't usually wipe debts to the commonwealth, unless you can get them waived.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/NickMcKim/status/867661717718712320

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

:eyepop:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

oh snap

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

That was rough

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Holy poo poo.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Frogfingers posted:

That was ruff

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Are you fuckers ready for the mother of all media circuses when are Schapelle arrives on saturday?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Are you fuckers ready for the mother of all media circuses when are Schapelle arrives on saturday?

Post your face when she announces herself as a One Nation candidate

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I thought she was already back in the country, they're really dragging this thing out for no good reason.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

One big problem Connolly and other magazine editors had was that decent pictures of Corby were scarce.

"Cover girls are typically beautiful. They're studio images, they're well made-up, they've got hair and make-up, wind machines. It was really difficult to get images of Schapelle that were going to be beautiful, that our readers would walk past in Woolworths or a petrol station and think, 'Ooh, gorgeous.'
"We've got a prisoner here. Often the photos were taken by prisoners behind bars, or by paparazzi from outside jail. Images became very valuable at that point."

The faster the revolution comes so people like this can be put up against the wall, the better IMO.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Independent Senator Schapelle Corby.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Emoji were a mistake.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Key word happier. Doesn't Brisbane have one of the most expensive public transport systems fare wise?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Zenithe posted:

Key word happier. Doesn't Brisbane have one of the most expensive public transport systems fare wise?

Wouldn't know. Fare evaded the whole time I was in QLD.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Zenithe posted:

Depends on the circumstances, if I'm just going up to Richmond from the CBD, it costs more than going from Brisbane out to Toowong which is about the same distance. The fares in Brisbane were lowered and the zoning was made a lot simpler at the start of the year which improved the situation up there dramatically.

Also, GoCard is far more reliable than Myki. Just, loving christ Myki is crap.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Wouldn't know, it doesn't go anywhere so there's no point catching it.

I miss Sydney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

iajanus posted:

Wouldn't know, it doesn't go anywhere so there's no point catching it.

I miss Sydney.
It goes plenty of places, actually.

• Locked thread