Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

while mm is way better than cruz in every way he is much smaller and will be taken down by tj i'd bet

i don't think this will happen but it had better or it won't really be close.

for perspective, i still think tj / dodson would be competitive at 125 / 135 (ignoring their first fight) and dodson doesn't belong in the same cage as mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I haven't really been emotionally invested in any of the last 10 or so TUF seasons, but if Julian loving Lane is the first one to turn it around for Cody - against Stripper Ramsay, no less - I'm gonna be bummed.

Same, but overjoyed

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
tj only has a size advantage and if he can't use it effectively mm will wreck him

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marching Powder posted:

i don't think this will happen but it had better or it won't really be close.

for perspective, i still think tj / dodson would be competitive at 125 / 135 (ignoring their first fight) and dodson doesn't belong in the same cage as mm.

Watching then fight Lineker back to back I don't think Dodson would be competitive with TJ anymore.

SquirrelGrip posted:

tj only has a size advantage and if he can't use it effectively mm will wreck him

TJ hits harder.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
risky move for tj if his last two title attempts are losses vs my grandmothers bone density and my brothers Xbox chat party

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

big money big clit posted:

Watching then fight Lineker back to back I don't think Dodson would be competitive with TJ anymore.

TJ hits harder.

Well yeah he's bigger

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
As I watched tj land a hundred unanswered, undefended shots on barao, who is still standing, I think to myself 'There's a man with formidable power'

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He was hitting Cruz with flush head kicks and they did nothing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I'm not going to say getting hit by tj tickles, but I'm not going to consider his power as a significant factor in a fight with mighty mouse

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i want to see tj fight mighty mosue.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SquirrelGrip posted:

Well yeah he's bigger

Size does not strictly dictate power, if it did John Dodson would be impossible.

Marching Powder posted:

As I watched tj land a hundred unanswered, undefended shots on barao, who is still standing, I think to myself 'There's a man with formidable power'

Barao has a really good chin, some of the shots he took from Stephens were nuts.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 25, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

big money big clit posted:

some of the shots he took from Stephens were nuts.
What's that got to do with his chin?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tj doesn't have a lot of power which is what allowed Cruz to even be competitive with him but he's so good right now I think tj would school Dodson at this point

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tj doesn't have huge power because of how he moves but he does tend to throw a really hard one when he settles into his strikes a bit more.

He wont have that luxury against DJ because he angles so well in his own right.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fight news: Ricardo Lamas will fight the Korean Zombie at UFC 214

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Rigel posted:

Fight news: Ricardo Lamas will fight the Korean Zombie at UFC 214

That could be a loving sick grapple fight / fight in generally

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

In other Fighter's Retreat news, God's Gift Platinum Mike Perry claims to have pushed Jeremy Stephens to the ground as Stephens tried to grind on his girl at the Snoop Dogg concert. Luckily he intervened "mid-thrust," before contact was made.

"He was mad as hell but he didn't do poo poo. He was trying to be a dick, but he's 145 pounds, he doesn't want these problems. Who the gently caress is that guy, bro?"

In conclusion, Platinum continues to own.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat did jeremy call the cops? thats battery

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He was hitting Cruz with flush head kicks and they did nothing.

He just broke linekar's jaw with a head kick

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

tooterfish posted:

What's that got to do with his chin?

lol

Other fight announcements: Travis Browne vs Alexey Oleinik (guy who did the Ezekiel choke and KOd Rosholt) at 213 and Sterling vs Barao at 214.

The Duck of Death fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 25, 2017

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Duck of Death posted:

lol

Other fight announcements: Travis Browne vs Alexey Oleinik (guy who did the Ezekiel choke and KOd Rosholt) at 213 and Sterling vs Barao at 214.

I want to see Browne Ezekiel choked. Please God.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

if only he picked his team based on good fighters instead of "uhh, he's from Ohio, I'll take him"

Yeah, and holy poo poo he's so drat close to actually being the worst coach ever in TUF history if he hasn't passed that point yet.

2 more prelim fights and he's gone 0-6 so far, half of the matches he's picked too.

cis autodrag posted:

is the tuf season worth catching up on? they're all piled on my dvr but i just haven't given a gently caress to sit through them so far.

I think it is. It's nice to see what the guys were up to in the time since their TUF runs and how they've put their poo poo together etc.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I haven't really been emotionally invested in any of the last 10 or so TUF seasons, but if Julian loving Lane is the first one to turn it around for Cody - against Stripper Ramsay, no less - I'm gonna be bummed.

Well I have good news for you...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well I have good news for you...

Fuckin' :lol:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

BJJ Scout and Ben Askren talking about Maia's wrestling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJp_WA6CXY

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I haven't watched TUF in a few years but Garbrandt really can't be worse than loving Ken Shamrock, can he?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Cody's probably a better coach than Ken in that he actually knows what it takes to train and compete in MMA in the era the show is taking place in, but he seems more like a team member than a team captain. They're probably getting decent training from the Team Alpha Male guys, but Cody made dumb fighter picks, has made dumb fight picks, had everyone do that facial release therapy BS, and doesn't even corner his fighters, so what little influence he's had hasn't been great.

Saki just announced that he's signed with the UFC. Does he have any grappling background at all, or is he doomed to get wrestled to death?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Saki hasn't fought regularly in forever because of a number of issues, one is that he couldn't get through camp without being injured and maintain his weight. The other is he wouldn't fight cheap.

He didn't look great against Ciobanu like 2 years ago, and that's a guy he would've effortlessly stomped 5 years ago. He's spent so much time inactive it's hard to say where he stands in kickboxing let alone a different sport.

Interested to see if he stays at 205 or not

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

chaleski posted:

I haven't watched TUF in a few years but Garbrandt really can't be worse than loving Ken Shamrock, can he?

No. But he did pick fighters based on whether or not they were from the midwest and not at all on how much skill they possessed so his team sucks.

Really, it's just sad at how butthurt the entire Alpha Male team is over Dillashaw leaving.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

chaleski posted:

"those who can, do. those who cannot, teach"

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

He just broke linekar's jaw with a head kick

Cool, his kicks are as strong as Clay Guida's punches.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaleski posted:

Garbrandt won't sit in his fighters corner and coach, but will sit on the bench with the boys shouting and throwing poo poo around. Meanwhile TJ is with them the whole way through. That said his coaching isn't awful like Shamrocks but his record sure makes it seem that way.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Really, it's just sad at how butthurt the entire Alpha Male team is over Dillashaw leaving.

It's been like how many months/years since it all happened? They're still crying about it. It's hilarious.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I liked Justin Buttholez asking Ludwig about the Championship Pedigree at his gym, as if the whole joke about TAM was to be perpetual runners up before Duane got there to teach them "punch #1"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Bucholtz came off retarded and Danny Castillo's bloated face is pretty horrifying

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

More UFC 214 fight news: Sage Northcutt will fight someone I've never heard of but awho pparently has had one UFC fight

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I looked it up, if Garbrandt can win both the remaining fights he'll be on par as a coach as Shamrock. If he loses one then his coaching record is worse than Kenny boy.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like even if cody's guys lsoe every fight its mostly because he picked the worse fighters more than bad coaching

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think thats always the case on TUF because no matter how good/bad a coach you are you arent actually changing anyone while they live in a reality tv house with each other for a month

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol it's only 1 month? yeah these guys are like 30-35 too it's not the coaching

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hahah

https://oddshot.tv/s/GwqPah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata